Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39222 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Into The Barren Lands
« Reply #360 on: November 23, 2012, 12:28:21 am »

"Let us go forth into the wastes and onto the mountain cathedral."
Get in drivers seat and drive.
Also equip the scarf and gloves while putting a water bottle next to my seat.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 23, 2012, 12:32:21 am »

Mister Hurk glanced to the front as the cleric hopped into the driver's seat. He frowned slightly.
'Oh dear... A priest driving! And a rather clumsy-looking one at that!'
Having had bad experiences of priestly driving in the past, Hurk hurriedly dropped into his own seat, buckling a seatbelt securely about his waist. 'Hold on... There are seatbelts in this thing, right?!'

>Sit down, activate seatbelt.

"Hold on a minute, aren't we forgetting someone?"

>Stand back up and help Mira aboard when she decides to join us.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:34:10 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 23, 2012, 01:07:10 am »

Argia turns around indigantly "I'll have you know that I was the only one in my family that father allowed to drive the old car, it was a "Space Rolls-Royce" or something." She then sighs and gets out of the drives seat. "But if you think you can do better than me your probably right."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2012, 02:54:49 am »

"Oh, huh. I-...didn't expect that, sir." Mira said to Hurk as she was helped up the vehicle, after admiring the whole place. "Sorry priestess, but I'm taking the wheel this time."

I'm the driver :D

"However," she halted, tapping the controls with her fingers, "Perhaps you can handle this one instead? Better to train everyone then to give it all to one who already knows, aye?"

Exchange places with Argia, and position self in a relaxed and serene position.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 02:59:54 am by Tiruin »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2012, 03:08:17 am »

Roth makes sure she is strapped in properly.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 23, 2012, 03:16:45 am »

"Not a problem, miss," Hurk mumbled as he returned to his seat. He frowned with worry as he saw the guardswoman exchange places with Argia, then stifled a grimace and strapped himself in as snugly as possible before tugging at the scarf at his neck.
"I'm sure I look quite plainly ridiculous with this thing about my neck. Can't go breaking the dress code, though, I suppose."

>Strap self in, then adjust scarf and goggles to protect my face and eyes as appropriate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2012, 03:18:43 am »

"I have faith in our drivers. Nothing can go wrong at this rate!" Mira said jovially at Hurk's response.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2012, 03:23:45 am »

Alba follows quietly along with the group, anxious about the upcoming mission, but seems to relax slightly upon seeing the truck, and, after taking and donning her share of the supplied gear, circled the truck, examining it, before stopping by the driver's seat where her companions were bickering, blinking a couple times at Mira's comment before pulling her goggles down over her eyes.

"I-if everyone's ready, please t-take a moment to pray for our safe passage, while we wake the machine spirit..."
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2012, 05:39:28 am »

Get on board and slap self in.

"More prayers? Never hurt anyone I guess."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2012, 07:42:05 am »

Argia examines the controls and manages to translate her skill from driving her father's speeder carriage to driving a repurposed hauler, putting it in gear and driving into the streets of Port Suffering. The hauler lights up the early morning as it heads towards the east gate as the streets are empty and completly black in their lack of street lamps. From the cabin, Gabriel and Argia can see the russet cloak of the sun's light over the east wall.

When they reach the east gate, the graveyard watchmen, still on duty, walk to the back of the hauler to confirm the Aristarchus' authority before opening the gate to reveal the sun rising over the mountains. In the moments after the vehicle leaves the city, the guides make their presence known. They slip in from the north, seeming to have been awaiting your arrival, riding on lean, long-tailed bipeds, easily three times bigger than their riders.

"Dust dogs." says the Seer to Roth, who has taken the seat across from him at the back of the vehicle, "The Ashleen's preferred method of crossing the wastes." He turns to address the other acolytes, "I assume these are the guides I was told about."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2012, 02:36:21 pm »

"I suppose so, Sir." Lemanov answered, watching the men outside. "I take it they are not very fond of vehicles...or only even less fond of us as outsiders."

The knight relaxed on the seat, taking off the gasmask and putting on only the goggles just in case. His mind was take back to Messaria for some moments, the contrast between horses and hover cars, crossbows and locke-pattern bolt guns.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2012, 04:26:05 pm »

"Indeed, so guides? where to?"
Follow our guides.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 23, 2012, 04:28:30 pm »

"This is...beautiful." Mira said, regarding their surroundings. It was the first time she had ever glimpsed these kinds of landforms, and the lighting was giving off a stunning visual from her position.

"Has-has anyone ever seen things like these in their past missions?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 23, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »

"O-o-oh, um, no," says Roth. "I-I've not been on another mission."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »

The team's hauler continues along the pilgrim's road as their guides keep as steady pace beside it. As the sun rises higher more details become apparent. The barrens reveal themselves to be a desolate plain of dun-covered stone, loose thin soil and thorny weeds. Stretches of land are pitted with blast craters and marred by spills of blackened earth. A few kilometers out from the Port, you pass the empty and abandoned ruins of a settlement, sun-bleached skeletons lying where they died and some ghostfire flowers wrapping their roots around the shattered remains, opening their multi-hued, iridescent blooms.

"Do any of you have experience with psychic phenomena?" says the Seer.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41