Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39259 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Planet Fall
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2012, 04:36:51 am »

Mira emulates the action of cracking her knuckles before looking at the cleric. "Excuse me, ma'am. I'd request that I be the one to drive us to our location as your abilities are best spent in most other ways. As an aside, it's one of the few things I excel at." she added with a smile.

I'm driving.

"Does anyone have problems if I take the wheel?"

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2012, 05:04:09 am »

"I would like to know if it would be possible to obtain access to the armoury. The weapons and tools I have with me are useful, but not sufficient if we are to encounter more criminals or madmen."
"I would like to know if there is a place where I may requisition or buy feudal plate armor. It is a tradition of my people to fight inside the heavy armor suited to knighthood, and I entertain the possibility of keeping it alive."
"It would take weeks, if not months, to gain access to the local armoury. I have secured vox units, hot weather gear, glow lamps and supplies for each of you but you can buy whatever other equipment you feel will be necassary in The Pits." He turns to Lemanov. "You may be able to find a smith selling such refined, yet primitive, armour in such a place. The locals say you can find anything in The Pits but as off-worlders, we can see the falsity in such claims."

As he moves to the next speaker he mutters under his breath, "If that were true, I'd be eating grox steak every night."

"Lord-seer, the briefing we were given seem to imply that the natives are not completely friendly...If I may, would you know why? If its merely that of xenophobia, then we have little to fear beyond the usual...but should be due to unholy forces we might have some...difficulty. Also, would the lord-abbot Skae be at our destination?"
"The natives of Iocanthos have never truly been under Imperial control. We remain in control because, in return for ghostfire, we provide advanced weaponry and fresh water. On this planet, the warlord with the biggest army is King, effectively becoming the Planetary Governor. This is one of the few permanent settlements on the planet, as every army is constantly on the move, searching for more ghostfire flowers. They are not used to strangers, tight spaces or peace. They are not heretics, but they are all warlike."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2012, 05:11:08 am »

"Very well. When must we leave? I would like to visit The Pits if at all possible."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2012, 05:56:39 am »

"If I may, do you have any news or rumors of any heretical occurrences? For Gabriel's sake, that is."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2012, 06:10:14 am »

"If I may, do you have any news or rumors of any heretical occurrences? For Gabriel's sake, that is."
"I'm afraid I haven't. Though I haven't had much contact with the civilians."

"Very well. When must we leave? I would like to visit The Pits if at all possible."
"We will leave at dawn but I suggest you return to the refectory before sunset." He sits back down at his table. "I will be here to answer any more questions you may have."

He gestures to a servitor and it takes the injured guardsman through a door to the left.

"I'll have a doctor look at him. He should be up and about in half an hour."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2012, 06:28:52 am »

"I'll carry Gabriel's auxiliary items, just to not burden the man in his recovery. On that note, if we encounter any local forces, and if we do so much as inflict a physical blow - let's say a friendly punch or a misfired bullet - given our status, what do we expect in turn?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:30:27 am by Tiruin »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:48 am »

"Very well, I will take my leave. I will hopefully be back an hour before sunset."

>Walk out. Enquire towards locals about the location of The Pits and travel there. Find an arms dealer.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2012, 06:59:46 am »

Roth looks horrified at Mira's words. "W-w-we w-w-wouldn't really do that, w-w-w-would we?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2012, 09:30:15 am »

Mira smiles at the Psyker. "I wouldn't do anything to antagonize any other local elements unless proven otherwise...As for the more rambunctious elements of our group, I'm just asking for if the occasion comes up..."

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2012, 10:14:13 am »

"Ehh... I guess I can buy something:  oohh may be a pistol and silencer"
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2012, 11:32:23 am »

Mister Hurk bows his head respectfully towards the Seer. "Yes, sir, I'll be sure to return before too long."
That said, having little better to do he decides to follow Allion on his trip to the pits, taking in the sights, observing the locals and their customs, and perhaps making a purchase or two with the meagre sum of thrones in his pocket. Not that he could really afford anything he wanted...

"Wouldn't do for us all to go wandering off on our own, would it now? We've seen just how 'welcoming' a lot these locals are, after all!" He smiled in a friendly manner as he caught up, matching his pace with Allion's as the latter headed out.

>Follow Allion and watch his back!

>Sightsee!

>Keep an eye out for a tailor... Well, a shop selling readymade clothing!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2012, 10:14:29 pm »

Lemanov bows respectfully to the Seer. "It was a pleasure to talk to you, Sir."

He straightens back and seems to be considering his options when his eyebrows raise and he turns to Alba.
"How about you, Miss? Are you also going to visit the Pits?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2012, 10:55:25 pm »

"I'll carry Gabriel's auxiliary items, just to not burden the man in his recovery. On that note, if we encounter any local forces, and if we do so much as inflict a physical blow - let's say a friendly punch or a misfired bullet - given our status, what do we expect in turn?"
"While you may want to keep a low-profile, the Inquisition is not to be crossed. They know that truth even on the most remote frontier planet. Use your authority wisely."

>Walk out. Enquire towards locals about the location of The Pits and travel there. Find an arms dealer.
"Ehh... I guess I can buy something:  oohh may be a pistol and silencer"
>Follow Allion and watch his back!

>Sightsee!

>Keep an eye out for a tailor... Well, a shop selling readymade clothing!

Aristarchus leans forward and drops a bag of thrones onto the table. "In case you need it."

It contains 100 Thrones.

When you arrive, you find that The Pits isn't so much a part of the city as it is a sea of wagons and tents situated inside Port Suffering's walls. It appears to be a cross between a market and a slum. Through the pressing crowds of people you can see many stalls, the variety of which makes the local boasting seem possible.

As you descend into the stalls, merchants call out to the acolytes, trying to sell them one keepsake or another. In amongst the junk and local produce there is, however, some stalls you might want to look at.

((Let's assume you have the Vox units so anyone who wants can buy things. Just ask the merchants if you want to know what something is.))
Spoiler: Weapons Stalls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weaponsmith Upgrades (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armour Stalls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear Stalls (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:35:38 am by NobodyPro »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »

>Buy the concealed holster (Common) and a silencer if it is compatible with my laspistol. Attach the silencer and equip the concealed holster and store the laspistol in it.
>Go looking for less... savoury traders.

((Need to know the armour rating for the armour.))

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2012, 11:32:35 pm »

Allion looks at the concealable holster, a simple but effective design, and buys it for 55 Thrones. He also has a look at a silencer as he browses the wares at one of the larger weapon stalls, it is a pity such things are not designed for las weapons.

No matter how many tent alleys or shadows he looks into, Allion is not able to find a less honest trader to deal with.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:38:25 pm by NobodyPro »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41