Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39254 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Planet Fall
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:25 am »

"He has been showing a seriously unstable behavior, but aside from that, he also made jokes about summoning warp creatures, affirmed to know a heretical chant due to hearing it - although initially affirming it summoned warp entities, he afterwards denied knowing its purpose - and kept using the fact he is allegedly a Blank as a shield to protect him from due response and just outrage from his companions."

Lemanov answered without blinking a single time. "As for the matter of his behavior, he seems to wave his gun around and respond with aggressiveness towards most situations, indicating he is unfit for working with a group. Do you have any further questions, Sir?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2012, 01:10:55 am »

Allion moved to stand next to Lemanov.
"If summary execution or removal from this mission is impossible I would like to petition for the use of an explosive collar to ensure the guardsman's full cooperation."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2012, 01:17:05 am »

"H-h-h-he...He was just going around, waving his gun i-i-i-in our faces!"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2012, 01:21:05 am »

He was joking about Daemons?!

Lyssian looked at the guardsman with shock and then revulsion.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2012, 01:25:09 am »

"Don't act so shocked Lyssian, you would have known about that already if you had been listening on the shuttle, Sororitas."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:34:55 am by Gamerlord »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2012, 01:55:08 am »

Mira looked at the current expressions of her teammates, not wishing to intrude on their work and the current authorities, and strode up near Lemanov. "May I take full responsibility for Gabriel's actions? It would be a shame to see him being wasted due to...his antics."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2012, 02:07:28 am »

"May I take full responsibility for Gabriel's actions? It would be a shame to see him being wasted due to...his antics."

Lemanov sighs. "Taking full responsability would imply taking the same punishment as him, which means execution or whatever may be chosen by our superiors. Claiming the responsability for heresy would only make you an accomplice. I know you are feeling the bond for a fellow guardsman, but you would not help him, and only doom yourself as well."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2012, 02:08:48 am »

"Even if Gabriel is not killed I would prefer that you remained uncompromised Mira. Having someone... sane with guardsman training would be preferable."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2012, 02:13:10 am »

"Oh... oh! R-right, the natives... I-I forgot about them..."

Alba fell into a nervous silence for a moment as she searched for the right words while the others spoke, though she cringed as the words 'explosive collar'.

"Er... W-well... these Ghostfire flowers... do they induce... visions? B-before we were attacked, we found one of them raving in an alley-- I-I think he may have been one of their mystics.

...W-well, th-that is..." she stammered, tapping her fingertips together, "He was g-going on about a Crow Father returning and d-drowning people in lies, and hills running w-with blood..." she paused to take a deep breath, "I-I think he may have been talking about... You Know.

...I-it could be related to the incidents we were briefed on... a-and if there's even the slightest chance, I'd rather not d-dismiss anything we hear."
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2012, 03:24:00 am »

"Ghostfire pollen does not induce visions though it does induce a state of fearlessness. That is why it is an active ingredient in some forms of frenzon. They are probably reacting to rumours from some of their fellows near our destinaton. As for your guardsman friend... do not feel the need to protect him. As a blank, he represents a powerful tool, and like any good tool he has many possible applications. I will have to consult with others but rest assured that he will not be executed."

“Now, while I'm certain that the mission briefing you received from our honoured master describes in some detail the nature of our purpose here, I have had the benefit of spending a few weeks in this... unfortunate... outpost, and I have not been idle. You see, Iocanthos, for all it's squalor, is near to my heart. The venerated Saint Drusus himself, to whom I have the very great honour of being distant kin, claimed this world for the Imperium, sweeping over the savage peoples and bringing them into the light of the God-Emperor. As you know, the cathedral of Stern Hope is due to be consecrated to this great hero, and I would not see the memory of this Saint diminished by heresy and such holy purpose thwarted by a backwoods witch or some such.

“So, Stern Hope... the information I have been able to discover does seem to suggest some psychic phenomena occurring there. While I cannot say, based on the muddled reports we have received, whether this is the result of some reckless, previously undetected psyker or of something far darker, the evidence suggests that all such strangeness has occurred in or around the new cathedral. Bleeding statues, manifestations, haunting noises, sounds of scratching from the walls...”

Aristarchus trails off and stares distractedly a moment into space before retrieving a data-slate from his bag and reading it for a few moments before continuing.

“Ah yes, Stern Hope lies to the north, high in those mountains you may have seen on your way here. On a more civilised world, we would have gone directly to the outpost by air, but that's not possible here, so we must travel by the outpost by the 'Pilgrim's Road' as they call it, a rutted dirt path is more like it. I've managed to secure us transport, an all-terrain flatbed, and I'm hoping one of you drives, as I've never been much of a hand at the wheel. We must pass through the barren shale wastes first though, and this is not a journey to be taken lightly. The locals claim that the wastes have witnessed all of the greatest battles of Iocanthos' long and bloody past and remain to this day a favoured battlefield of the clans. No one knows for certain, but rumours claim that all manner of terrible things lurk out there, although bandits and marauders are the most likely threat, so we ought to be prepared for this eventuality. Do you have any questions?”
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:28:41 am by NobodyPro »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2012, 03:29:22 am »

Argia rasies her hand
"Not really Lord-seer but I do know how to drive if its is nesscarry."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2012, 03:40:01 am »

Lemanov raises his hand calmly.
"I would like to know if there is a place where I may requisition or buy feudal plate armor. It is a tradition of my people to fight inside the heavy armor suited to knighthood, and I entertain the possibility of keeping it alive."
>Yes?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2012, 03:49:01 am »

Lyssian nods.

"Lord-seer, the briefing we were given seem to imply that the natives are not completely friendly...If I may, would you know why? If its merely that of xenophobia, then we have little to fear beyond the usual...but should be due to unholy forces we might have some...difficulty. Also, would the lord-abbot Skae be at our destination?"

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2012, 03:57:43 am »

"I would like to know if it would be possible to obtain access to the armoury. The weapons and tools I have with me are useful, but not sufficient if we are to encounter more criminals or madmen."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2012, 04:01:07 am »

Mister Hurk sniffed dismissively at the mention of warring clans.
"I hardly imagine a bunch of roughshod savages should give us much trouble, sir. A few shots should be enough to drive them of, I would think. Sadly I am not much of one for driving myself, but it can't be too hard, surely?"
He gestured vaguely in the direction of hammerspace the ship they'd come in on. "I have a scattergun if needs be. Mostly a fowling piece, to be honest, but I don't doubt it would be sufficient to scare off any caddish 'clanfolk' we might encounter."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41