Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39211 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Planet Fall
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2012, 08:56:24 pm »

Move to stand next to Mira and whisper so that only my own team can hear it.

"Mira if this goes badly you take the jack asses on the left and I'll take the jack asses on the right ok? The rest of you may want to get a weapon to hand if you can do it without being spotted, preferably standing behind the rest of us."

Step forward.

"As I am sure your aware the inquisition is under no obligation to explain it's action to you, and it is not our place to explain anything to anybody being only lowly soldiers sent to follow orders.
So if you would kindly allow us to move along I'd be happy to pass on your "request" for information to my superior and ask him to arrange a meeting with you and your superiors.
After all he can explain things to you far better then we can and I'm sure a fine upstanding citizen like yourself who's loyalty to the emperor is above reproach has nothing to fear from us since we only deal with those who work against the emperor and this is most obviously not you or your loyal soldiers who I'm sure are most dedicated to the emperor.
"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:03:45 pm by mesor »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2012, 09:05:35 pm »

Lemanov keeps his calm and answers the questions with some more information that won't compromise their mission. He is not sure on how much they can even tell the man, but he has the feeling there won't be much problem if he is careful enough.

"Well, we have been sent to investigate certain matters in a site which we are not sure how far from here is. The reports are not exactly accurate and we are only acolytes, so I believe the precise information about such matters must be in with Inquisitor Aristarchus, who will command us while we are here, under orders of Inquisitor Tyburn Graves."

He raises an eyebrow. "I do not believe I have introduced myself. I am Lemanov Selescan, it is an honor to meet another devoted servant of the Emperor."

Then the psycho guardsman chimes in...Well...
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »

Mister Hurk cleared his throat (with a sound a bit like 'hurk', actually) and spoke up, raising a finger hopefully.
"Perhaps we would be better off having this conversation somewhere a bit more... Pleasant, perhaps? And over a nice hot cup of recaf, what do you say, sirs?"

>Attempt to mediate us into a better position!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2012, 10:09:17 pm »

Roth moves away from Gabriel, and stretches out into the warp, invoking its power.

She makes a suggestion to the dock-master's guide. We can go about our business.

>Invocation.
>FOCUS POWER Suggestion!
>Become a Jedi!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55:51 pm »

"Mira if this goes badly you take the jack asses on the left and I'll take the jack asses on the right ok? The rest of you may want to get a weapon to hand if you can do it without being spotted, preferably standing behind the rest of us."
The thug nearest to the Guardsmen begins shifting his feet nervously.

"Well, we have been sent to investigate certain matters in a site which we are not sure how far from here is. The reports are not exactly accurate and we are only acolytes, so I believe the precise information about such matters must be in with Inquisitor Aristarchus, who will command us while we are here, under orders of Inquisitor Tyburn Graves."
"I do not believe I have introduced myself. I am Lemanov Selescan, it is an honor to meet another devoted servant of the Emperor."
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Acolyte Selescan." Smyk pauses for a second, blinking as if dazed ((Suggestion success)). "I-"

"As I am sure your aware the inquisition is under no obligation to explain it's action to you, and it is not our place to explain anything to anybody being only lowly soldiers sent to follow orders.
So if you would kindly allow us to move along I'd be happy to pass on your "request" for information to my superior and ask him to arrange a meeting with you and your superiors.
After all he can explain things to you far better then we can and I'm sure a fine upstanding citizen like yourself who's loyalty to the emperor is above reproach has nothing to fear from us since we only deal with those who work against the emperor and this is most obviously not you or your loyal soldiers who I'm sure are most dedicated to the emperor.
"
Skyk looks taken aback and waves his men back.

"My most gracious apologies, Acolytes. I will petition Inquisitor Graves for the information I require. Emperor guide you."

As Smyk and his guards leave the landing pad, a tiny, battered-looking cherubim servitor flutters into view, it's cracked and dirty cherubic face beaming. It looks like a child, held aloft in the air on tarnished metallic wings, with pearls in place of it's eyes. It mutely hands the Acolytes a parchment adorned with the seal of their Inquisitor's personal cadre.

Quote from: The Cherubim's Note
Acolytes,
Follow this cherub to Aristarchus, he awaits the pleasure of meeting you.

Spoiler: Port Suffering (click to show/hide)

The cherub leads you from the spaceport, past the fence and into the crowd of grimy, hard-faced locals. The buildings are a mismatched prefabricated metal, clay brickwork faced with crumbling plaster and stone blocks baking in the sun. The sea of dust-stained workers press against you as you walk through the streets and the strange iron-sweet smell of Ghostfire flowers hangs heavily in the air, mingling with the heat and stink of too many people crowded into too little space.

The servitor flies just over the heads of the people, nimbly slipping by vehicles and seemingly unmindful that your group is having difficulty keeping up. Occasionally, it turns and realizes that you are lagging, waves at you and then zips off once more.

Mister Hurk catches a glimpse of some people in local garb, standing unmoving and seemingly staring at the Acolytes from a distance. They seem to painted with gaudy blue and white dye daubed in patterns like flame.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2012, 11:03:20 pm »

Follow our guide, look around as we go for places to buy weapons and armor, keep an eye out for anybody observing us or following us.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:05:16 pm by mesor »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:14 pm »

Roth follows the Cherubim, but without getting too close to Gabriel.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2012, 11:08:25 pm »

Lemanov follows the Cherubim, trying to make sure no one from the party will get lost - especially the tech-priest. He still doesn't know if she is really better and in shape to walk at such a fast pace amidst a crowd.

"Over here." he says as he moves on, waving any stragglers on or just acting mildly foolish otherwise.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2012, 11:35:11 pm »

As the cherubim leads you through an alley you are accosted by a half-naked, badly sunburned stranger with wild dirt-caked hair and blue and white flame tattoos across his face. He shouts a string of wild phrases but you can make out certain, sane words:

"He's here, he's here again! The Crow Father has come to drown us in lies!"
"False, false, the two faces he has! First of three has two!"
"His hill shall run with blood!"
"They have grasped a servant to their hearts, fools! Pity the damned fools!"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2012, 11:38:01 pm »

Slap the man across the face to snap him out of it. Hard. Then say.
"Calm down friend your going to get yourself hurt, now explain that all to me a second time but this time calmly and in full detail and by that I mean every detail down to the number of teeth this crow father has."
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:45:36 pm by mesor »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2012, 11:40:21 pm »

"OH EMPEROR HE'S GONE CRAZY!"

>Go hysterical through fear of the EVIL BLANK!
>Scurry for cover behind Allion!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2012, 11:44:06 pm »

"Growl over my shoulder, will you stop that. I am not crazy, this man was clearly hysterical all I was doing was snapping him out of it. Now calm down and let's find out what he was gibbering about."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2012, 11:56:00 pm »

Lemanov looks to the group and shakes his head. "Just leave it be while he hasn't tried to kill anyone. We'll report his actions to Inquisitor Aristarchus."

The arbitrator also moves close to the man just in case the crazy guardsman happens to feel like threatening more people.
>Yes?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2012, 12:25:33 am »

Shouts come from the mouth of the alley.
"Begone off-worlder! Your kind is not welcome here!"

Eleven thugs bearing the blue and white flame tattoos rush down the alley.

The lead thug swings a club at Allion and Roth but misses them.

((A CHALLENGER APPROACHES))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2012, 12:33:32 am »

"Goodness me, not a particularly welcoming lot, are they-" Bernant trailed off as the group came to a halt whilst Gabriel smacked around some madman who had the misfortune of crossing their path.

He frowned. "Erm, excuse me, Sir Guardsman, but I hardly think assaulting the populace is the best way of making a good impression... I understand it's a manifestation of your 'zeal', as it were, but perhaps you should save it until the Inquisitor actually, you know, tells us to start hitting people?"

>Follow along, try to persuade Gabriel not to attack people.

>Keep an eye out for shady types following us. Oh, also a tailor, poor old Mr Hurk could use one of those!

((Ninja GM!))

He was cut off for a second time as these ruffians rushed out to accost the group. "Oh, bother. Well, best we were getting a move on, hmm? Perhaps we could, er, go around... No need to seek out trouble, after all!" He chuckled uncertainly and backed away, back down the alley.

>Stay at the back of the group! In fact, go find another way around this particular alley and meet up with the servitor on the other side. Also draw my pistol, just in case someone decides to be particularly unreasonable.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41