Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39179 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Turn 1 - The Brazen Sky
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:32 pm »

Lemanov raises an eyebrow for a brief moment before blinking. "So you had far more unpleasant things on your clothing?"

"Well, I have to admit it is an unusual way of bonding, the scene of brave soldiers being sent into the battlefield vomitting on each other. Is that a custom in more imperial worlds or just the one you came from?" the young man follows with his question, putting a hand on his chin as if considering the image with some interest.

His civilization had been recently re-discovered by the Imperium and he thought that maybe what he had been taught hadn't been enough. Theory is rarely better than practical experience, after all.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 10:15:44 pm »

"Hah no it was just what you might call a squad tradition, we had a new officer almost every time we were redeployed, for some reason our officers kept dieing. So it was our way of welcoming the next dead man to the squad and having a laugh before we went into battle.
As for unpleasant things, well, have you ever been coated in Ork blood? It stinks, it's sticky and it does not come off easily.

Look towards our resident psyker.
Hey pysker, read my mind and tell me what I'm thinking.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 10:30:53 pm »

Alba groaned, mourning the weakness of her flesh. "...I'll live," she mumbled, wiping herself off with the cloth. "Thank you."

[ Servitor, what is our estimated time of arrival? ]
To the others, your instruction sounds like a series of loud clicks but the servitor hears and understands. The metallic voice comes over the vox once more.

"Estimated time until arrival: twenty-three minutes, thirteen seconds."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2012, 10:32:04 pm »

The psyker is too busy reading her book and trying to stay as far away from the others as possible.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2012, 10:34:59 pm »

Take a nap after shouting at the psyker.

"Just do it you damned void jocky, it'll only take a minute and you don't need to come near me to do it."

(( Sorry bout the insults but my fellowship is 11, so expect vulgar behavior and insults from me regularly. ))

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 10:41:52 pm »

Invoke for turn.
If successful, cast suggestion on the loud unpleasant guard, the suggestion that I have already read his mind and don't need to again.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 10:45:15 pm »

"Someone shut up the coghead. I don't want her doing anything to the servitor."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:12 pm »

(( I'm a boy. ))

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2012, 10:50:32 pm »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:23 pm »

"Guardsman, is being rude to your fellow companions while caked in vomit during descent also a tradition of yours?" Lemanov asks, tapping the side of his head. "I hardly believe being rude to other servants of the God Emperor will assist your endeavors."

The knight nods towards the psyker and crosses his arms as he waits for the end of the descent, occasionally eyeing some of the people who seemed to have been thrown into a blender to make sure they are fine.

The young man shifts his gaze to the assassin as he complains.
"I heard tech-priests are competent in their area of expertise, and I also do not believe she would do something to the shuttle since it would endanger her as well."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2012, 10:59:04 pm »

"You've clearly never been around soldiers for an extended period of time, being rude in general is, but I want to demonstrate my rather unique talent and he's the only psyker here, so unless you'd rather I summon a daemon to demonstrate with?"

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2012, 10:59:44 pm »

Invoke for turn.
If successful, cast suggestion on the loud unpleasant guard, the suggestion that I have already read his mind and don't need to again.

You feel as if you should be able to manifest the power but something seems to be clouding the warp. Gabriel, however, does not know that you have failed as you have not looked up from your book.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2012, 11:02:23 pm »

"Tech-priests are inhuman machines. She can't be trusted in anything. I hope you understand that or she'll sacrifice your life in a second."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2012, 11:03:54 pm »

"Sigh, never mind psyker."
Take a nap.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2012, 11:14:38 pm »

"You've clearly never been around soldiers for an extended period of time, being rude in general is, but I want to demonstrate my rather unique talent and he's the only psyker here, so unless you'd rather I summon a daemon to demonstrate with?"

At the Guard's mention of daemons, Roth freezes up, and starts rocking back and forth on her seat, chanting the Litany of Protection louder and each louder with each repetition. "Oh Emperor of Mankind, Send your gaze to me with benevolence, watch over Your servant and soldier, and protect me from peril. Oh Emperor of Mankind, Send your gaze to me with benevolence, watch over Your servant and soldier, and protect me from peril. Oh Emperor of Mankind, Send your gaze to me with benevolence, watch over Your servant and soldier, and protect me from peril!"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:21:24 pm by Dsarker »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41