Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39151 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Turn 1 - The Brazen Sky
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 12:20:35 pm »

"Ahh... not as such, but I have faith in the Machine Spirits. Um, before we leave, has this noble one been though all of the proper Rituals of Maintenance?"

Verify Mechanicus protocols have been followed, then pile in.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 01:16:10 pm »

Get in.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 04:32:59 pm »

Timidly walk into the shuttle.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 05:01:40 pm »

>Eye landing craft uncertainly!

>Express ignorance!
"Ahh... not as such, but I have faith in the Machine Spirits. Um, before we leave, has this noble one been though all of the proper Rituals of Maintenance?"

Verify Mechanicus protocols have been followed, then pile in.
"Our mechanics are Mechanicus approved if that's what you mean."

The deck officer looks at you both with sympathy and says, "Would you like a sedative?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 05:05:34 pm »

Lean out of the ship and laugh.
"Come on you lot get in already you'll be fine I've been through dozens of these. Unless you had a big lunch in which case make sure you sit in front of me."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 06:02:04 pm »

Alba shot a dirty look at Gabriel, before taking a deep breath and shaking her head. "I-I'll endure it. No point in backing down from hardship now."

'And this is the least of our worries...'

All aboard!
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:20 pm »

((Flipping a coin for Yoink))
Hurk takes the sedative.

The inside of the lighter is cramped and uncomfortable. The seats are plain, hard metal with heavy, padded straps. When the Acolytes are seated, a cold, metallic voice begins the count down. At 'zero' the bay doors seal shut with a hissing noise and finally, with a gut wrenching lurch, the lighter falls into the zero-g of space. Zero-G asserts itself and loose objects begin to float through the air. Sister Lyssian's aquila pendant manages to float out from underneath her armour as she sends a quick prayer to the God Emperor. After a few moments, an ear splitting roar sounds from the lighter's engines as it makes its descent into the atmosphere.

Conversation is impossible thanks to the roaring from outside the craft and the vibrations within. For the next thirty minutes, the shuttle shakes horribly. Allion, Lyssian, Mira, Roth, and Lemanov are all largely unaffected by the descent. Unfortunately, for all her confidence, Alba fails to keep her last meal down. Gabriel's sense of superiority at the sight is short lived when a sudden lurch causes his straps to constrict around him in an unusual way and he too loses his lunch1. Anya feels the bile enter her mouth but it goes no further. Mister Hurk, despite being sedated, barely manages to keep it down.

Eventually, the shuddering slows and it is now possible to hear over the engine's roar. Light is visible from the front of the lighter. You should be there soon.

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:46:33 pm by NobodyPro »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2012, 08:50:41 pm »

Laugh like hell.
"I love these drops."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2012, 08:56:19 pm »

"Miss, how are you?" Lemanov asks Alba, a tone of friendly worry and sympathy on his firm voice. "Those drops are harsh, I hope you are feeling better now."

The knight remembers not every rookie managed to keep their lunch inside either. After some harsh punishments, those had to repeat the drill until they succeeded, of course.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:09:43 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 09:15:27 pm »

"May the Emperor protect us from the ilk of chaos, and our dignity from the innards of our fellowmen..." Mira mumbled as she noticed people spewing up whatever they ate earlier.

They really needed to learn from gravity, traction and the third law of the one called Newton.

Continue vigil.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2012, 09:23:43 pm »

>Keep eyes tightly shut and continue to be sedated.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 09:26:44 pm »

Smile.
"Don't worry guys if a chaos should show up I have a nice surprise in store for it."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 09:33:40 pm »

Smile.
"Don't worry guys if a chaos should show up I have a nice surprise in store for it."

"I think you may want to get cleaned beforehand, unless that's your surprise for the heretics." the knightly arbitrator says with a smile and his usual tone of voice.

He gets a cloth from his pocket and tosses it over to Alba.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2012, 09:36:11 pm »

Shrug
"Whenever we landed on a planet in this way it meant we were dropping into the middle of a battlefield and some of us probably would not be leaving, so projectile vomiting on whichever pore bastard had been sent to command us was our way of calming our nerves, down side being I never learned how to avoid the vomiting part but hey I've had far more unpleasant things then this on my clothes
Have you ever seen ork blood? It's disgusting.

As for my surprise, I'll explain another time.
"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:42:15 pm by mesor »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 10:02:45 pm »

Alba groaned, mourning the weakness of her flesh. "...I'll live," she mumbled, wiping herself off with the cloth. "Thank you."

[ Servitor, what is our estimated time of arrival? ]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41