Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39099 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - The Black Cathedral
« Reply #570 on: December 10, 2012, 12:43:09 am »

Mister Hurk thought to himself as he strolled into the marketplace, hands in pockets and a slight, absent smile upon his lips.
'I wonder what the others are up to, off on their wild goose chase? Probably found and antagonized some particularly nasty piece of local fauna by now, I'd imagine. Or maybe they found what they were after. Whatever the case, it's good to finally have some peace and quiet.'

>Canvass the area, politely enquiring about strange sights and disturbances amongst the populace.

>If I don't have any real luck there, approach an older-looking Ashleen, greet them respectfully and ask about their culture and beliefs.

"Hello, sir((or ma'am)), I have been asking around about the recent strange occurences on behalf of the Seer Aristarchus, and was wondering if you knew anything? Also, perhaps you could enlighten me a little on the culture of the Ashleen. I sadly know very little about your people, and am eager to learn more."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 10, 2012, 01:04:10 am »

"Hmmm...Atgia says thoughtfully. She seems to be lost in thought until she suddenly perks up. "Oh! Could you tell me about the belifes here? I havn't really heard of Saint Drusus and the rites you guys do up here! Care to enlighten me?"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 10, 2012, 07:40:17 am »

Half aim single shot.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 10, 2012, 10:19:57 pm »

"Hmm...Argia says thoughtfully. She seems to be lost in thought until she suddenly perks up. "Oh! Could you tell me about the beliefs here? I haven't really heard of Saint Drusus and the rites you guys do up here! Care to enlighten me?"
"I will tell you of Saint Drusus, First Lord of Calyx and the God-Emperor's Light Bringer. Two and a half millennia ago, Drusus was a lowly guardsman recruited from a remote world with no name. During a fierce battle against an alien world he caught the eye of Lord Angevin when he slew an alien king and single-handedly brought the world to heel. Angevin instantly made him a general and gave him a battle group so that he might repeat his success

"In his mission he claimed scores of worlds in the name of the Imperium. He performed many great deeds such as the slaying of the Beast of Marioch, the liberation of Dreah from the Daemons of the Dark Colour and the defeat of the Twisted Kings of Acreage. It was from these conquests that the areas known as the Golgenna Reach and the Drusus Marches would be formed.

"A daemonic assassin was summoned to slay Drusus by the agents of the Ruinous Powers, which had long used the Calyx Expanse as a sanctuary. As it dealt the killing blow however, the daemon was splashed by the blood of the saint which consumed him in flames with his holy might, it's last vision one of the light of the Emperor filling Drusus and closing his wounds as he lay on the ground. With his resurrection there would be no doubt of his divine greatness.

"For five more decades, Drusus won many more battles and left a lasting legacy of Imperial rule on his wake. He personally ended alien domination over the sector and stood witness to the end of many xenos civilizations.

"That is the short version, Acolyte Argia."

>Canvass the area, politely inquiring about strange sights and disturbances amongst the populace.
>If I don't have any real luck there, approach an older-looking Ashleen, greet them respectfully and ask about their culture and beliefs.

You ask around but just hear more of the same. The sound of wing beats in the night, strange lights up in the hills, things tipping over and animal attacks. One woman admits that her husband has gone missing but is reluctant to talk about it.

You locate an elderly fellow with the blue flames crudely tattooed over his left eye and ask him about the Ashleen. "Iocanthos is a land of many armies. They fight over the ghostfire because they know that with the plant comes power, weapons, supplies and everything you could need to fight off another's army. Not all fight for power, Seth seeks to spread the word of the Emperor and leads an army of penitent souls across the land. I heard him speak once, it was beautiful. Between Seth and Kos'ke, there is hope for us yet. Now, beliefs... it has been a long time since I heard the stories, before I found His light. I remember warnings against scavenging from battlefields, they say that the dead rise to claim those who trespass and only singing can ward off their evil. All nonsense, of course."

Half aim single shot.
Roth pops out from behind her rock and fires a shot at the rotten thing. Unfortunately, she misses.

Lyssian continues to flee back the way she came. She takes a wrong turn, trips and falls onto something. She looks up to see one of the eyeless Shale Crows that caws at her before flying away. Revealing the remains of a grey robed figure, stripped of its flesh and lying partially buried on the hill. She manages to pull herself together in spite of the corpse.

Aim and fire at the monster. Alternatively, use the half-action to calm down then fire, if possible.
Lemanov manages to pull himself together and stands up to fire a shot at the beast. The pellets rip the skin from its back but otherwise seem to do no damage to it.

The rotten beast tries to wrap it's tongue around Anya's arm as she swings her sword but she changes her movement at the last second and both miss their mark.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:46:17 pm by NobodyPro »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:50 pm »

"Could any of the xenos that the Saint defeated ally with the Runious powers or use the warp agianst us in revenge for their losses?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2012, 11:21:54 pm »

((I don't remember if Fate Points which were only spent instead of burned are replenished after an encounter or some time resting. If yes, then I want to use one to add +10 to my next BS check. I'll also probably look might silly as Roth finishes it before I fire, but anyway... :P))

Lemanov sighs and slumps against the rock, stowing away the shotgun and drawing his new shotgun-pistol hybrid while trying to calm down. It is still useless. His body trembles and he tries to get a grip on reality as his basic instincts seem to disagree with him. But he knows what has to be done, even if under the effect of fear.

"... What is our Duty? To serve the Emperor's Will." the boy starts quietly, his voice still shaking.
"What is the Emperor's Will? That we fight and die." the man intones, grinding his teeth briefly as he tries to contain the trembling of his body.
"What is Death? It is our duty." the knight continues, standing up and raising his weapon.
"What is our Duty!?" the servant of the Holy Emperor completes, trying to force some more strength into the last verse as he prepares to fire upon the beast. May the Will of the Emperor be done.

Quick Draw the Hack Shotgun. If still not at point blank range, then move closer to the Hexalid and fire at it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 11, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »

Half aim, single shot.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 12, 2012, 04:03:31 am »

"Could any of the xenos that the Saint defeated ally with the Ruinous powers or use the warp against us in revenge for their losses?"
"I would not know. In my years in the guard I only fought rebels. I am unaware of the ways a xenos mind works, only the ways to make it stop working at long distances."

Roth aims and fires at the beast but the compact laspistol fails to damage its rotten flesh.

Lyssian returns to the fight.

Lemanov drops the shotgun, pulls out the hack shotgun as he approaches the beast and unloads both shells into the thing's side. A large amount of skin is ripped off, revealing the bone plating beneath which has been broken by the shot. It begins to bleed foul, black blood from its wound.

Allion pulls himself up off the dirt, having regained consciousness.

Anya darts forward and beheads the weakened beast in one stroke. The head flies off with a sound like a wet sponge and lands twelve meters away with a soggy thud. Foul black blood spews from the neck stump in a torrent, drenching Anya, Lemanov and Allion.

The beast does nothing fall limply to the ground.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:59:50 am by NobodyPro »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2012, 04:07:15 am »

"Oh bloody hell. Is anyone hurt?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 12, 2012, 07:48:19 am »

'I-I seem fine. Rest of you?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:42 am »

"Ah, I see." Mister Hurk narrowed his eyes thoughtfully, considering a moment before continuing.
"Seth and... Kos-kay, did you say?" He went on, "Perhaps you could tell me a little bit more about them, their leaders and what-not? Are they the two largest groups, or are there others more sizable still?"

>Continue to chat pleasantly with this fellow.
>If he seems to get impatient, offer to buy him a drink as payment for the information.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 12, 2012, 08:58:47 am »

"I was struck by fear, but I am fine now. But how about you?" Lemanov asks to the group, although his eyes quickly pass by Lyssian and Allion. They seemed to have been affected the worst by the creature's appearance, and the knight was genuinely worried.

But both were soldiers, and they'd probably just grit their teeth and carry on, as it was expected from them.

Lemanov sighs and moves over to his shotgun, picking it up. "We should take a brief look around and get back to the settlement. Some of us need a shower. Immediately."

Take a look around, reload both weapons then it is back to the settlement afterwards.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 12, 2012, 09:48:03 am »

"Okay, thank you for your time and may the God Emperor smile upon you!" Argia says, walking outside. "Guys I haven't really gotten any le-What in His name happned here?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 12, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

"I'm fine. Just didn't expect an undead abomination. *sigh* And here I was hoping this was just going to be insurrectionists or something mundane like that."

Reload and then examine the corpse. Perform an adhoc autopsy if needed.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 13, 2012, 12:13:10 am »

>Continue to chat pleasantly with this fellow.
>If he seems to get impatient, offer to buy him a drink as payment for the information.
"Seth came from nowhere. He wasn't marked as an Ashleen and didn't dress like an offworlder, he just appeared on a hill wearing a white robe and told a crowd that it was his Emperor-given duty to unite Iocanthos by force. I've been told that he's a great speaker, that he knows just what to say and when to say it. His army is... a crowd, that's the best word. A huge poorly armed crowd of penitents and fanatics. They say that he preaches in his sleep.

"Kos'ke isn't a powerful warlord, but his cousin, Skull, is Vervai, um... Governor in your terms. His clan claims these mountains and he protects Stern Hope. He's a violent man but he no doubt sees the greatness of His word and teachings. It's a pity that his forces are so scattered.

"Neither are by any means the most powerful warlords. King Skull the Magnificent, Vervai of Iocanthos, claims that title. His army is millions strong and is armed by the Imperium in return for his share of the ghostfire harvest. They welcome all and value fighting prowess above all else."

Reload and then examine the corpse. Perform an adhoc autopsy if needed.
The corpse appears to be decomposing, just like the walking corpse on the barrens, though determing the original cause of death is impossible with all the battle damage. You roll the head so it is facing upwards and note that the eyes have been pecked out.

Take a look around, reload both weapons then it is back to the settlement afterwards.
Four shells clatter to the ground as you reload both shotguns. Aside from the corpse that Lyssian accidentally found, there is nothing unusual around. The corpse doesn't appear to have a weapon nearby.

The five acolytes return to Stern Hope.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41