Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39180 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Into The Barren Lands
« Reply #420 on: November 25, 2012, 09:52:20 pm »

((Did I go right up to it and offer it a cup?))

>If the figure shows no reaction to the proffered cup of recaf, if it doesn't speak, or move, or take it, then shoot it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 25, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »

Approach figure with my shield raised, if it makes a hostile move cut off it's head.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 25, 2012, 11:16:56 pm »

"Hey, while you're all viewing our guest, couldn't anyone of you just bring a light up and greet him or her?" Mira said, keeping her view on the everywhere-else-other-than-the-figure, and doing her job of looking out for any suspicious movement.

"Or call the guides..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 25, 2012, 11:20:15 pm »

"Hey, while you're all viewing our guest, couldn't anyone of you just bring a light up and greet him or her?" Mira said, keeping her view on the everywhere-else-other-than-the-figure, and doing her job of looking out for any suspicious movement.

"Or call the guides..."

Lemanov shifted his gaze to Mira for a moment and stared at her for a few seconds.

"In fact, that is what I'm trying to do. And I asked for someone to go fetch our guides while I guard the figure, but no one decided to do so." he says, keeping his politeness. "Could you do it for me?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 25, 2012, 11:23:12 pm »

Mira looked at the Knight's position and, indeed, missed what he was doing in favor of scanning the vicinity.

"Forgive me sire for not hearing you out. Yes, I will do so."

Fetch the guides!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 26, 2012, 01:27:09 am »

As Mira runs off to fetch the guides, Lemanov finally finds a piece of wood intact enough to be used as a torch. He takes it towards the figure, it's meager flames projecting a small circle of light around him as Argia and Lyssian part to let him approach the form.

Mira arrives with the guides who are clearly unsure of what to expect, and take up position beside Lemanov and ready their banded clubs.

Gabriel, Bernant, Lemanov and the guides all approach the figure. Lemanov Raises the makeshift torch to reveal an Ashleen clansman. His body is partially decomposed and has a long slash diagonally across its collarbone and neck. Its eye sockets are empty.

Bernant decides to fire a round into the thing's leg after the walking corpse doesn't take the offered cup of recaf and it crumples to the ground. It smells foul.

Lyssian is badly startled by the revelation but is not nearly as badly effected as Roth, who faints. Roth faints. The guides drop their clubs and begin to scream and vomit uncontrollably from fear.

Both Roth and the Guides soon recover. The Ashleen walk off to their side of the camp, shouting things at each other in the local dialect of Low Gothic but it is at such a speed that none of the acolytes can understand any of it.

((ROTH: +5 Insanity Points))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 26, 2012, 01:32:25 am »

"I don't even-"

Mira blinked, before setting the lasgun's safeties off.

"Alright, who positioned a corpse this close to our camp! Come our you brazen coward and face us!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 26, 2012, 01:33:19 am »

Allion puts two shots into the corpse's head and turn to check on Roth.

"Roth? Roth! Are you all right?"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:56:02 am by Gamerlord »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 26, 2012, 01:38:27 am »

As the commotion's aftereffects made its way, Mira turned towards the most psychic-based characters in the group.

"Do corpses do that? Actually, does anything on this world permit movement of the dead when they're dead? I could swear, we'd notice a dead body being moved in here...especially if someone's controlling it, right?

So what do you people suspect? Magic? Err, sorcery? I'm not too savvy with these terms, sadly. But..I'm suspecting it was used as a scout for whatever we'd be facing, or we've an undercover agent within our area.

"Sir guides, what do you know of this?"

Inquire!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:42:39 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 26, 2012, 01:44:26 am »

((@Glord: According to the post, Roth already recovered.))

Lemanov stares at the corpse for a few seconds, examining it visually before shrugging.

"This was certainly strange...Does anyone remember if it was moving before it made to the boundaries of our camp? Are the phenomena already starting here? It could even be a local trick to scare us, but I think it may not be the case, seeing as our guides were very shocked by it."

He turns to the sororitas, who seemed slightly disturbed by the vision at the time, nodding towards her respectfully but avoiding moving closer. "I hope you are feeling better, miss."

Examine the corpse carefully. Mostly focus on examining the cut that killed the man.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:46:07 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 26, 2012, 02:00:13 am »

Roth breathes heavily, in and out, reciting the Fear Incantation. "Fear is naught, for my faith is strong. Fear is naught, for my faith is strong. Fear is naught, for my faith is strong." As she opens her eyes again, she sees the rest of the group, with Allion hovering over her. "I...I...I...I...I'm alright."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2012, 02:03:59 am »

"Are you sure? You just passed out! Do you need anything?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2012, 02:14:37 am »

"I-I-I'm p-p-p-perfectly a-a-alright, I-I-I j-j-just thought there was a walking corpse around there. But there wouldn't be. Ha. Ha ha. No walking corpses around here."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2012, 02:18:17 am »

"Woah there," Mira said, turning towards Roth. "Excuse me ma'am, but I thought I heard walking corpses. Did you sense something we didn't, if I may ask?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 26, 2012, 02:27:13 am »

"There was a moving corpse. W-w-well, I thought there was a moving corpse. But that's just silly."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41