Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39205 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Into The Barren Lands
« Reply #375 on: November 23, 2012, 05:54:47 pm »

"You mean besides from me seer? What kind of phenomena are we talking about?"

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 23, 2012, 06:33:59 pm »

The Seer raised his eyebrow slightly at the guardsman's interpretation of the word 'phenomena'.

"Sounds with no source, blood seeping from stone, objects moving without reason. Surely you read the briefing?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 23, 2012, 06:36:48 pm »

" I did but I wondered if that was everything or not, I've learned never to assume that briefings are entirely accurate. I can't help much with that given that it would stop if I got close to it."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 23, 2012, 08:43:52 pm »

Bernant was staring thoughtfully at the passing landcape, chin resting on his hand.
'Not exactly what I would call beautiful, exactly, but each to their own I suppose...'
He looked up at the Seer's question. "Ah, no, not exactly, sir." He wracked his brains for any half-remembered 'psychic phenomena', but could think of none. "Hm. In my... last place of employment, there was the occasional bottle of good amasec that went missing, but it turned out to be not some sort of magical ghost but a rather shiftless member of the serving staff."

He shrugged his shoulders, flicking a bit of desert dust from one of his sleeves. "We found him out when he toppled down the cellar stairs dead drunk in the middle of the night. Terribly unprofessional, that. The master was certainly not happy... In fact I believe poor, foolish Jeffari was still alive after the fall. He never made it up the stairs, though."
Mister Hurk cleared his throat. "But that is not a story worth boring you with, sir. Suffice it to say I am blissfully ignorant of the topic." He turned back towards the horizon, watching carefully through his goggles.

>Keep an eye on the scenery.

>Also on those Ashleen guides... Who knows, they might be up to something.

>If anything seems amiss, load the shotgun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 23, 2012, 09:10:30 pm »

"Sounds with no source, blood seeping from stone, objects moving without reason. Surely you read the briefing?"

Lemanov raises his hand politely before lowering the scarf from his mouth and answering the Seer.
"Back in Messaria, we had some trouble with reactionary noble houses which had seats of power before the Emperium reunited us. Before we actually manage to be named a 'rookie' knight, we have to follow some incursions of Arbites - which in our world are basically all from the Houses of Chivalry - so that we get experience."

He sighs and looks outside. "I was one of the members of a group that saw a minor supernatural effect happening inside a noble's manor. There was a strange stench in the air, and we got in to find some members of nobility disemboweled. They were apparently trying something, but we advanced to take down the cultists without any casualties on their side, mostly beating them down with shock mauls and restraining them. I was one of the three members of the group that saw blood flowing from the ceiling and pooling on the floor. The guy by my side was pretty disturbed, but we were mostly fine."

"I think all of us three ended as Acolytes due to that incident. Better than having my mind cleansed, I suppose."

((There, a reason for Lemanov being dragged as an Acolyte. I realized my reason was shaky, since he wasn't the best student or anything.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »

I haven't seen much apart from some things out in the junkheaps on my homeworld that couldn't be explained as malfunctioning tech.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:57 pm »

Angria turned her head thoughtfully, "No, not really...though one time one of Father's men said they had seen some "things" in one of the mines. He and a squad of Arbites went in there and didn't come out until afternoon the next day. Most of the Arbites were dead and Father was badly injured. I trated him and he kept mumbling about "Endless holes", "Thousands of teeth" and "Shapes that should not be." Argia talks in a low voice but then smiles "But later he got better and became his old, grumpy self again." She cheerfully finishes.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2012, 11:00:44 pm »

"This is...beautiful." Mira said, regarding their surroundings. It was the first time she had ever glimpsed these kinds of landforms, and the lighting was giving off a stunning visual from her position.

"Has-has anyone ever seen things like these in their past missions?"

"Missions? No, but it does resemble home somewhat...a bit."

Answering the seer's question, Lyssian shook her head; she hadn't seen such things, only heard of them.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 24, 2012, 12:13:41 am »

"I...Um. A bit. Um. I'm not really that knowledgeable about them, though...." says Roth, looking down.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 24, 2012, 02:28:58 am »

The Seer nods as he listens to the answers but says no more. The hauler continues to drive through the barrens, with none of the acolytes seeing any signs of life. A strong wind begins to blow but it seems to come from all directions, filling the air with choking dust and the smell of blood and iron. Those acolytes who haven't made use of their goggles, scarves or gasmasks soon do. After the wind passes, Aristarchus takes out his ornate Tarot cards and spends the long hours looking at them.

The hauler passes what appears to be a clan camp. Unlike the settlement, the camp has clearly only recently been destroyed. Light smoke still rises from a burning tent, those that are intact are splashed with rust-coloured blood. A body lies next to the road, black birds pecking at his exposed flesh.

"Shale Crows," says the Seer, "the local carrion eater. Vile things, more feathered reptile than bird if you get close to them, sharp-beaked too. Local myth has all sorts of unpleasant legends surrounding them. Hardly surprising really. They're not just scavengers either - they'll attack wounded and weak creatures, including men. No eyes in the damn things, no eyes at all.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 24, 2012, 05:48:24 am »

The day passes quickly and soon the sun begins to set. Argia pulls the hauler over to the side of the road and Aristarchus jumps out, "We'd better set up camp for tonight. There are tents in one of the supply crates.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 24, 2012, 05:52:19 am »

Roth is slow at first, but quickly speeds up as she sees the sun setting. She hurries out of the hauler, and checks the supply crates for the tents. Anything but outside in the dark. Anything.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 24, 2012, 06:54:39 am »

Collect and tent and set it up, eat meal, sleep.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 24, 2012, 07:00:22 am »

"Tents?" The ever-dignified Mister Hurk suppressed a sigh as he gave one more glance about the area, adjusted his goggles and then stood and went over to the crates. 'I've never slept outdoors, well, apart from the old Master's occasional hunting trip, but then he never did much hunting anyway... And those game resorts hardly counted as "outdoors".'
He ignored the packed tents, however- he would have not the faintest idea how to set them up- and instead produced whatever pots and pans they'd brought with them, along with some form of hot-plate, and began to cook a meal for the group.

>Unpack food and cooking supplies as the others raise tents.

>Prepare a meal inside of a tent to keep grit and dust away from the food. Serve, eat, enquire about guard duty of the Seer.

"Do you think the sav- ah, locals might be especially unappreciative of our presence here, sir? Shall we set a watch, perhaps?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 24, 2012, 08:29:20 am »

Lemanov calmly stretches for a few minutes to get his body back to shape before walking to the crates to check for the tents. He had been used to sleeping on the ground, floor or dirt, and his training had also covered a little of survival. While not perfect, he would at least be able to do something like setting up a tent.

He didn't think the tents would be much of a problem, but he was still worried about the possibility of attacks during the night.

Assemble tents.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41