Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39241 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Planet Fall
« Reply #330 on: November 21, 2012, 07:50:36 am »

Head to the Refectory after we regroup at the bar.

"We should get going now. No one wants to be late, aren't I correct?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 21, 2012, 08:46:28 am »

>Head back to the Refectory when others ready. Make small talk with Hurk and Roth on the way.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 21, 2012, 11:13:44 am »

>Follow the group back, chatting away. Once there, relax with a hot beverage and then get some sleep.

((Too tired to do inconsequential dialogue right now sorry! :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 21, 2012, 06:37:48 pm »

The trip back to the Refectory is uneventful. As the sun begins its descent towards the reinforced walls to the west, the people of Port Suffering are packing up and turning in. Flickering candlelight shines from within shuttered windows and the more substantial buildings hint at the constant light of a glow lamp around their tightly fitted window covers. The largest danger the group faces is the oppressive, lingering smell of a couple of million people in too small a space. That and iron. Always the sickly sweet smell of iron.

The servants at the Refectory inform you that the Seer has retired for the night and lead you to your rooms on the west side of the compound. While Gabriel has already seen the acolytes' rooms, the others are greeted by the sparsely furnished rooms. For some it is a reminder of home, for others it is a reminder of the sacrifices that must be made for the good of the Imperium.

Gabriel, his room situated in the north side of the building (Roth having taken the southernmost room) would have slept soundly that night had he not been awoken when two unseen men grabbed him and held him down. Something is stuffed into his mouth before he can cry out.

"Sir?" says a muffled voice to his right.
A voice speaks from somewhere in front of him, seemingly through a vox, "Sedate him and then apply the device."

He struggles but it's of no use. There is a small stabbing pain in the side of his neck and it slowly becomes harder for him to move. Something cold wraps around his neck and he hears a beep, though it appears to be somewhere far off. Something lights up, revealing grey uniforms and gas masks. In front of him sits a stormtrooper, though unlike the elite soldiers he had seen on the front line, this one wore gilded grey armour with an elaborate Inquisitorial symbol on the chest plate. In an unusually metallic hand he holds something. Something glowing. He notices that his bandages are gone. Then sleep ensures he does not witness what comes next.

In the night, Alba finds herself lying in bed listening to the sound of a blowtorch and some kind of hissing. She dismisses it as a dream, nothing but the familiar noises of a Tech-Priests dormitory, and goes back to sleep.

Part Three: Into The Barren Lands

The servants wake the acolytes the next morning with a knock on each of their doors, just as they were instructed. There is no light coming though the shutters and the din of the crowds is thankfully absent.

Gabriel, however, wakes to find his bandages reapplied and something cold around his neck. There is a note on the table, next to his belongings. He grabs it and reads it.
Quote from: Note
Subtlety.

You don't appear to speak the language, so allow me to speak yours.

I have the detonator. Be subtle.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:05:29 am by NobodyPro »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 21, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »

Get dressed, position clothing to cover the collar, locate pot and cups and store with the rest of my equipment.

Visit seer, inform him of rumors I heard yesterday and ask if he has any idea what this unknown being is.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 07:03:11 pm by mesor »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 21, 2012, 07:00:44 pm »

Lemanov wakes up and stretches, slightly unused to sleeping on a bed. He offers a prayer to the Emperor and over his equipment, performs some morning exercises to warm up and keep in shape, gets a shower and gets dressed before leaving his room fully clothed, armored and carrying his belongings.

A good way for a knight, arbitrator and a soldier of the Emperor to start the day, as he had been taught.

Pray, group up, ready to roll.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 21, 2012, 07:39:34 pm »

Pray, group and get out.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Into The Barren Lands
« Reply #337 on: November 21, 2012, 10:34:50 pm »

Visit seer, inform him of rumors I heard yesterday and ask if he has any idea what this unknown being is.
You pull the collar of your stealth gear up over the collar, leaving a tell-tale outline but disguising the device. You walk out the north door of the dormitory and head for the study, passing Argia and Lemanov as you do. After you knock on the door, Aristarchus opens the door and ushers you in with a slight glance at your neck.

You tell him of the rumour and ask him about the unspoken threat.

"The natives of these backwoods are always superstitious of one thing or another. Perhaps he witnessed some beast attack his hand or saw some clansman get brutally executed from afar. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about." The Seer gestures for you to follow as he heads for the door.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:39:14 pm by NobodyPro »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 21, 2012, 10:41:24 pm »

Follow the seer.

"If you say so sir, all the same I'm going to assume he saw a monster or a daemon and plan accordingly. Better to have a plan for the worst and never need it then not plan for it at all and wish I had. When I get rid of this collar can I keep it and the detonator?
I have an idea for it once I can convince you to have it removed.
"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 21, 2012, 10:58:25 pm »

Bernant awoke, yawning, stretching and then getting quickly to his feet and making ready.
Going through his usual morning routine of grooming, dressing and checking the load in his autopistol, he hummed the tune of a soothing instrumental he had once had the pleasure of hearing. His previous employer had been greatly fond of music, forever heading out to performances and taking his agreeable butler along with him.

Bernant realised with some surprise, scraping a line of stubble from his jaw before a mirror, that he missed them. 'Alas.'
He washed his face, patted down his hair, dried off and carefully stepped into the unfamiliar-yet-dapper attire he had purchased the day before. "It is a good day for a pleasant country drive," he declared to no-one in particular, then stuffed a few shotgun shells in a pocket, draped the open shotgun across one arm and strolled outside to meet the others.
He continued to hum the sad, familiar tune as he walked, at least as long as he was alone.

>Shave, groom self, dress, then grab my shotgun and ammo and go to meet up with the Seer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 22, 2012, 12:23:21 am »

>Gear up and meet the Seer. Make sure to bring my amasec.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 22, 2012, 02:03:16 am »

After daily prayer, dress and meet with the seer.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 22, 2012, 02:56:34 am »

>Perform morning prayers and rituals, gear up, and meet up with the others.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 22, 2012, 06:30:11 am »

Mira woke alone, and after dressing herself, began her morning with a few warm-up exercises to get the body ready for the hours ahead and dispel any sense of drowsiness of the yesterday. A habit she developed before this certain mission.

She hummed a soothing tone from her childhood as she readied her weapons, tapping her sabre hilt with a solemn prayer before caressing her lasgun with a smile. This was her own, and she wouldn't part with it if anything happened, unless in dire situations she wished wouldn't happen.

It was a good day. Something she didn't expect to happen in her first mission.

She smiled as she exited the room to meet with the rest.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 22, 2012, 09:11:50 am »

Roth woke up, after a peaceful sleep, and dressed herself quickly, humming a happy tune to herself. Today was a good day. She'd had a plentiful sleep, and now they were about to move. It wouldn't be too soon before she could leave this planet. And....then, maybe, she'd be able to help the Imperium more comfortably.

As she girded herself for her duties, she thought about what she'd do if she had any choice in the matter...which, she hastily reminded herself, of course she didn't. Well. First...Um...Gabriel... Somewhere else. She didn't...Well, she didn't like anyone getting hurt, but...He...Well, she didn't like being around him. And he was mean to everyone. It's like he thought everyone else was inferior to him...Well, it might have been true about her, but not about the others.

Especially Allion. He was really nice. And he looked after her, which was nice too. And he didn't try to hurt anyone unless they were hurting people. Hurk was a nice person too. And he was so funny, but he's professional, too. So Hurk wouldn't be inferior either.

The others...Well, Roth didn't really know them quite as well as those two. So she didn't know what they were like. But they surely wouldn't have been picked for the Inquisition if they weren't really good.

But back to what she'd do. Gabriel going away, Allion in charge. Hurk didn't really look like he liked to be in charge. And Roth would just mess things up.

That thought put her in a happy mood. A nice team that didn't have anybody hating each other. That'd be ni-

Her thoughts, and her mood, were cut short when she entered the room. The blank's presence was right there. She shivered, and tried to stand as far away from him as possible.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41