Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39206 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Planet Fall
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2012, 07:17:29 am »

Fire too.

Get into cover and then get your hunting rifle out: aim at the aggression of someone who needs back up.

"god damn first day."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:54:52 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2012, 07:18:39 am »

Lemanov sighed as he dodged the attack of one of the thugs. Fools, all of them. There was no need to attack them unprovoked...Well, the psychotic and insane guardsman surely gave them a reason, but it was frail none the less.

The Arbitrator wips out his shotgun quickly, his training showing part of its results. Now, actually getting something shot at with his weapon was a totally different matter.

Get between Alba and enemies, quick draw shotgun and shoot the thug that attacked the tech-priest, Point-Blank. If he's already done with, fire at one of the thugs with weapons.

Oh, and avoid shooting anyone with an ally already engaged in melee or nearby.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:33:14 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2012, 09:37:21 am »

Impact.

The force of the shot took Mira by surprise - her armor saved her a blow, but the sudden aggressiveness of these brutes was more than enough...

Heretics? Cultists? Probably, Gabriel was right despite his rambling and strange creed.

And so she used her sword to cut down or stagger - with the latter taking priority if the enemy was clustered near her and too close for comfort - any thug nearby.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2012, 10:13:31 am »

Open fire with my rifle, target the thugs with guns first, then those with knives, laugh happily

"Hah this is exactly what I need to help me relax, A good fight with a group of traitors or heretics. At last someone I can kill!!!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2012, 05:33:33 pm »

Get into cover and then get your hunting rifle out: aim at the aggression of someone who needs back up.
Anya dives into cover behind wooden crates facing the way which the cherub was leading them and draws her hunting rifle.

And so she used her sword to cut down or stagger - with the latter taking priority if the enemy was clustered near her and too close for comfort - any thug nearby.
Mira draws her sword and attacks one of the thugs. He doesn't see the attack coming and the blade leaves a deep cut in his left arm. He backs up in surprise but readies his club and attacks. He swings under your guard but the impact is absorbed by your armour.

Get between Alba and enemies, quick draw shotgun and shoot the thug that attacked the tech-priest, Point-Blank. If he's already done with, fire at one of the thugs with weapons.

Oh, and avoid shooting anyone with an ally already engaged in melee or nearby.

You push Alba roughly back before the Thug can attack again, pulling your shotgun from your shoulder as you do. You shoot him in the chest at point blank range. He's not getting back up.

A thug on the destination-end of the alley sees Roth aiming at him and fires off a shot. The bullet goes wide and impacts with the stone wall behind her.

Spoiler: Acolytes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

-]Round 2[-

The Acolytes are now boxed in to the middle of the alley. For cover, the group has wooden crates on the side they want to go and metal crates next to a raised stairway on the side they came from. They are being attacked by lightly armed thugs from both sides.

Open fire with my rifle, target the thugs with guns first, then those with knives, laugh happily
You try to fire your lasgun at your assailant but are unable to make room, instead hitting him in the gut with the butt of your rifle. The thug looks hurt but not out.

He swings his metal-banded club again, hitting you in the body. Hard.. You hear something in your chest crack and the pain that wells up causes you to lose consciousness.

The uncertain thug sees the Guardsman go down and dives into cover, drawing a Stub Automatic.

>Point my laspistol at the closest attacker.

"BACK THE HELL OFF OR YOU ALL DIE!"
>FIREFIREFIRE
The combination of the corpse at his feet and the duo of laspistols, no matter how small, ensures that no Thugs feel like assaulting the pair. Shooting is safer.

You think so too.

You fire a shot at one of the gunmen. Just as before, the thug falls to the ground, his flesh audibly sizzling and smoke rising from his singed clothing.

Get behind some heavy cover, preferably a wall. Wait them out. If none are available, rush in there and whack at their torsos.
Lyssian takes cover behind one of the two raised stairways in the alley.

>FIRE
After Allion, you too fire your laspistol. It hits another gunman in the left leg. He grunts in pain but still fights on.

>Try and work out if that alley is the same one my companions are in.

>If not, head down the street and try to find the exit point where the cherubim is presumably headed towards.

>Keep my pistol out, but pressed down to one side against my leg, hopefully keeping it out of sight as I hurry along.
Hurk keeps walks towards the other alley. The crowd has been steadily dispersing since the gunfire began and, while his comparatively clean clothes did draw an eye or two, his Autopistol remained unseen. A quick glance down the alley shows that it opens onto the street the cherub was leading you to so you dart off down the alley.

"Lies! Lies and falsities!"

The madman emerges from a side alley. He's got a knife.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:19:11 pm by NobodyPro »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2012, 05:37:15 pm »

>Half Aim!
>Attack that thug again!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2012, 05:43:53 pm »

"Get into cover behind the metal crates, everyone!" Lemanov roars as he tries to execute what he had been taught during his training. Taking cover, squeezing the trigger only when needed and taking down your enemies. Without dying, preferentially.

His hand sought Alba's tech-priest coat behind his back and grasped it to make sure she'd be close to him. "We should get moving."

Get into cover behind the metal crates or with Lyssian - depending on what is more feasible, dragging Alba along if needed and allowed. Shoot another nearby thug, avoiding any angle or direction of shooting that may end in friendly fire.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:49:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2012, 05:45:32 pm »

Hold my position, but if a thug comes , strike at them. Furthermore, if a thug comes near the techie, rush for him/her.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2012, 05:55:17 pm »

"R-right!"

Move into cover with Lemanov and switch to laspistol; if possible, try to pick off one of the stubbers.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2012, 08:45:24 pm »

"Oh, sir, must you be so vulgar? If you'll excuse me, I am rather in a hurry..."
Even when losing his patience, Mister Hurk strove to be polite. It's not like it cost anything, you know!
But of course, he did have to get after that servitor. It wouldn't do to be late.

>Half-aim, shoot this bothersome fool in the kneecap!

>Then hurry past him, mumbling an apology as I head for the servitor.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2012, 08:59:34 pm »

"They've got Gabriel!"

Mira proceeded to kick down that thug with her boot and to draw her sword (after hopefully hitting him with a quick jab) to retreat into cover along with her allies - shifting to the bow and arrow just to save ammunition for that lasgun.

Then she begins providing suppressing fire by aiming and shooting at the lower body.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:01:21 pm by Tiruin »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2012, 09:07:25 pm »

Angia walked down the streets, flanked by the 3 gaurds. She had heard gunfire when she was going to pick up the rest of the alcoytes. She walked into the alley and pointed the gun at the nearset vagrant "Put your guns down by the will of Inquistion and the Ememperor and face death!"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2012, 10:06:38 pm »

Wait for knife to hit: but trie to dodge it and then Aim and fire

"now now: dont throw stuff at people."
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2012, 12:50:32 am »

Angia walked down the streets, flanked by the 3 guards. She had heard gunfire when she was going to pick up the rest of the acolytes. She walked into the alley and pointed the gun at the nearest vagrant "Put your guns down by the will of Inquisition and the Emperor or face death!"
The servitor flies above her head as she delivers her ultimatum. The two of remaining men on the destination-end take one look at the newly arrived guards and flee back into the street.

The last thug on that end turns to fire but the shot flies wide. One of the guards fires at the gunman, hitting him in the arm, causing him to lose his hold of his weapon.

Wait for knife to hit: but tries to dodge it and then Aim and fire
Another knife slams into the crate beside Anya's head. She returns the favour by firing her hunting rifle, giving the knife thrower a nasty scratch.

Both the gunmen at the other end of the alley open fire in a last ditch effort. While the first misses his shot, sending three shots flying overhead, the second manages to hit Lemanov in the torso with two of his shots. While his armour stops one, it fails to stop the other.

Mira proceeded to kick down that thug with her boot and to draw her sword (after hopefully hitting him with a quick jab) to retreat into cover along with her allies - shifting to the bow and arrow just to save ammunition for that lasgun.

Then she begins providing suppressing fire by aiming and shooting at the lower body.

Mira disengages from her assailant and charges the thug that took down Gabriel. She plunges her sword through his eye socket. He is now very much dead.

>Half Aim!
>Attack that thug again!

Roth takes aim at the wounded man and fires. The laspistol makes a whining noise and the beam strikes the thug in the torso. Fire spreads across the man's entire body in less than a second and he explodes, his ammunition detonating too.

Two of the guards push through the Acolytes and open fire on the remaining thugs. The first puts three rounds into the thug Mira disengaged from, two in the chest, one in the head. The second manages to hit the last gunman in the leg.

Get into cover behind the metal crates or with Lyssian - depending on what is more feasible, dragging Alba along if needed and allowed. Shoot another nearby thug, avoiding any angle or direction of shooting that may end in friendly fire.
Lemonov empties his shotgun at the, now wounded, gunman while dragging Alba to cover. Some of the pellets takes him in the chest but he survives it.

Move into cover with Lemanov and switch to laspistol; if possible, try to pick off one of the stubbers.
Alba fires a shot at the knife-thrower. While it misses, it is the straw that broke the grox's back. The two able thugs run. Leaving an alley filled with corpses and the smell of burnt flesh.

>Half-aim, shoot this bothersome fool in the kneecap!

>Then hurry past him, mumbling an apology as I head for the servitor.
Mister Hurk nonchalantly fires his autopistol at the madman's knee. He drops the knife and falls over, clutching it.

When you exit the alley you see some kind of priest standing at the mouth of the other alley next to- oh my.

The guard stands up, having put a round through the wounded thugs head.

"Who the hell are you lot!"

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:50:42 am by NobodyPro »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2012, 12:58:11 am »

Wake up, swear loudly, stand up and dust off my armor, follow group.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:48:57 am by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41