Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43

Author Topic: "Why don't women like nice guys?"  (Read 43748 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: "Why don't women like nice guys?"
« Reply #375 on: November 15, 2012, 10:09:09 pm »

Anyway, I sense a tangent coming on. I think I'm going to sit back and lurk for a bit. >_<;

But your tangents are usually the best :/

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 15, 2012, 10:15:02 pm »

Well I consider my self not to be "nice" but to be moral. I have never dated aye, I'm 15 and a freshman, but the thing is I am introverted. 8th grade was arguably my best year, I knew everyone well at my old school, so i talked to them, But now I am at this large Public school, hanging out with my friends when I can, and slowly trying to make new ones. However, ON the subject of dating, I simply don't ask,. That is it, if I like a girl I keep it to myself because I know that they are either outta my league or we have been friends for a while, and now I started to like her. This is a bad rut I have fallen into, and I have no Idea what to do because I don't initiate conversation well.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 15, 2012, 10:19:55 pm »

Can I just confirm we're all friends here? :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 15, 2012, 10:20:41 pm »

Friends with benefits? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 15, 2012, 10:21:30 pm »

Ehh, I'm going to go with no on that one.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 15, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »

I never got that phrase. Don't all kinds of friends have benefits?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:05 pm »

I never got that phrase. Don't all kinds of friends have benefits?
Yes, but I'm not gonna sleep with my drummer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:56 pm »

Get my Friendship Package today! Choose between such benefits as free advise, hugging, oral, or moving-apartments help.
Love, scriver~

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 15, 2012, 10:42:20 pm »

Before someone says otherwise, I did not get my friends for those sorts of benefit. The only sort of benefit I chose them for was a sense of company when first entering an unusual environment. :)

This goes for you guys too! :)

Scriver, I'll take the free advice. :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55:15 pm »

Get my Friendship Package today! Choose between such benefits as free advise, hugging, oral, or moving-apartments help.
Wait, how many do I get to pick? All my friends with benefits do all of those and then some.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 15, 2012, 10:59:25 pm »

See the Benefits page under the Friendship Package tab on my website for a full list of possible benefits. All benefits come with expectations of reimbursement, of course. Except advise, because I'm that much of a smartarse ;)
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 16, 2012, 12:13:04 am »

A bit of advice, scriver. The noun is advice. ;)

I miss my w/benefit friends. :(

Now all I have is work friends.

And those are barely friends at all.

Although I AM bringing a few of them to Rocky Horror this weekend... and I'll be honest, those outings to tend to end in certain ways... but I don't think that would be a good idea with work friends. o__o

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2012, 01:14:09 am »

According to your model, is a relationship where the giving and the taking is balanced possible, as in neither being has a "giving" or a "recieving" role?

I'm not talking of a relationship where there is no "giving" and no "recieving", but of one where the two forces balance.

You mean...each participant is 50% masculine and 50% feminine, with individual facets/qualities/personality quirks/etc complementing each other?

A B

M F
M F
F M
M F
F M
F M
M F
F M

Instead of:

A B

M F
M F
F M
M F
F M
M F

Sure. That could happen. That's fine.

Is it even concievable in your model, or is every relationship bound to be defined by a
more-ore-less strong degree of one part doing more "giving" than "recieving"?

Short answer: Yes, it's conceivable. No, relationships need not be defined in that manner.

And, if it is possible, is it any more right or any more wrong than any other kind
of relationship (where also the two parts fit each other) your model describes?

...I'm not sure what sort of criteria could be applied to make a "right or wrong" judgement. "Morality" isn't relevant to the model. Your question is kind of like asking whether it's "good or bad" that the force of gravity pulls equally on apples as it does oranges of equivalent mass.

I suppose..."are both participants happy with the exchange?" would be a reasonable criteria. But that criteria doesn't suggest any preference for of against your scenario one way or another.

I don't believe relationships should work as a game of power.
I know that's the way the great majority of them DO work (that's why LordBucket's model makes sense, it is applicable to reality), but that doesn't stop me from believing it's... wrong.

...well, I think that's a personal bias showing up. There's nothing wrong with being female. Ask any woman who's had an orgasm. Exchange events don't need to be unpleasant, and there's no need for use of power to be any kind of "cruel game." If you want to do X, then find someone who wants to have X done to them. There's no need to play power games.

And it's sad when guys are afraid, or feel guilty about doing X when there are a bunch of women sitting around wishing for it to be done to them. That's kind of what I think is going on with the "nice guy" phenomenon. And that's not exclusive by any means to just sex. I'm sure it happens at least as often that a girl wishes a guy would just choose where to eat dinner rather than making a big production out of asking for her preference.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 16, 2012, 01:53:47 am »

the female potential to be punched in the face
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 16, 2012, 03:44:09 am »

all women have babies they need to take care of

I managed to kill the Lady of the castle by sticking my crutch through her eye, killing her instantly.  Funny thing

Clearly, quoting out of context sentence fragments is the best way to accurately portray the substance of a post.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43