Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: "Why don't women like nice guys?"  (Read 43569 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Why don't women like nice guys?"
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:43 am »

Just because your model explains it, does not mean that it's right.

Ok. That's fair. I simply ask you to carefully evaluate for yourself whether you believe my model is incorrect because you have good reason to believe it's incorrect...or simply because it makes you uncomfortable because it clashes with what you've been taught about gender.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2012, 02:14:04 am »

because it clashes with what you've been taught about gender.
What exactly do you think he has been indoctrination into?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2012, 02:17:49 am »

If they're acting upon, how is that a limitation to their ability to act upon?

I am speaking of a relationship of "Act and be acted on". Those within that cannot be part of a relationship. (Dang words that are spelled the same but mean different things).

A personal relationship at least.

I simply ask you to carefully evaluate for yourself whether you believe my model is incorrect because you have good reason to believe it's incorrect...

Because I know this model very well and as someone with a conviction to know and understand everything I had to learn what "Balance" is.

As you said LordBucket no woman is a "True" woman because no woman is without man. It is only by being a woman that their main attribute is that of being womanly.

In otherwords they are Woman with the Eye of man. The size of that eye differing from woman to woman. As such the nature of human beings.

This eye is what gives a woman balance because balance is within and without.

However you must also understand LordBucket that a Canvas supposes it is a Canvas because it is painted upon, however the Painter upon being painted may suppose it is a Canvas as well for in its balance one may not distinguish one trait from the next.

Thus does gender not only blur but does it say that an approach to gender must be balanced for gender in it of itself is balanced.

Thus the approach one must make towards a woman is of both woman and man. Thus a man must be both man and woman. He must be a man informed of being a woman.

Thus must both active and passive approaches, actor and prop, action and non-action must be utilised.

simply because pure female or pure male energy is unnatural and undesirable.

simply because it makes you uncomfortable because it clashes with what you've been taught about gender

I have no grand unifying dogma on what makes gender.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:19:59 am by Neonivek »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2012, 02:18:05 am »

Sweet jesus. Questioning the fundamentality of the female/male relationship as it relates to human romantic interaction. And now what appears to be a question regarding whether or not a theory is correct because it is logical, and a insinuation on both sides of the other side being dogmatic. (Don't correct me if I'm wrong, it simply shows I have no clue what you are talking about. )This is a thread about nice guys and women.

because it clashes with what you've been taught about gender.
What exactly do you think he has been indoctrination into?
I can only assume it hinted at his being a ignorant mindless consumer.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2012, 02:20:30 am »

Just because your model explains it, does not mean that it's right.

Ok. That's fair. I simply ask you to carefully evaluate for yourself whether you believe my model is incorrect because you have good reason to believe it's incorrect...or simply because it makes you uncomfortable because it clashes with what you've been taught about gender.
I am evaluating, and based on my own experiences, I think your model is wrong.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2012, 02:20:54 am »

Sweet jesus. Questioning the fundamentality of the female/male relationship as it relates to human romantic interaction. And now what appears to be a question regarding whether or not a theory is correct because it is logical, and a insinuation on both sides of the other side being dogmatic. (Don't correct me if I'm wrong, it simply shows I have no clue what you are talking about. )This is a thread about nice guys and women.

Welcome to Bay12. Post lots.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2012, 02:22:10 am »

I'm pretty sure Vector was bored and made this thread to troll us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2012, 02:23:38 am »

I always seem to fall for those sort of threads. Hmm.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2012, 02:27:37 am »

I always seem to fall for those sort of threads. Hmm.

I am actually afraid since I entered a philosophical discussion and am playing within the opponent's playground.

Which if you understand philosophical debate is actually quite a tricky thing.

I also should stop since I actually hate the hostility in philosophical debate.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2012, 02:30:41 am »

Don't worry, philosophy is pretty much safe these days. Not much ever comes from it. Once, long ago, it was the pinnacle of thought, when people debated if bigger rocks fell faster than smaller rocks, then somebody decided to drop some rocks and measure their speed.
Now philosophy is used for questions with no real answer.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2012, 02:34:38 am »

I will not debate the significance or reality of Yin and Yang here, but please realize your argument is based on Dogma.

I think we would be hard pressed to find an interpretation that was not dogma to some school of thought. The fact that it happens to be beliefs held by some group(s) doesn't make it inaccurate. If Hitler says "don't stab yourself in the eye with a fork" that's probably still good advice, even if Hitler is the one giving it. I would suggest that we evaluate ides based on the usefulness of conclusions that come from them rather than based on who believes them and how much we like them. Saying that what I suggest is "dogma" to somebody does not invalidate it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2012, 02:36:06 am »

I think we would be hard pressed to find an interpretation that was not dogma to some school of thought.
You could always, I don't know, drop a rock to measure how fast it goes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:25 am »

I think we would be hard pressed to find an interpretation that was not dogma to some school of thought.
You could always, I don't know, drop a rock to measure how fast it goes.

Axiom

Anyhow Dogma isn't inherantly bad, but the best way to argue against it is to know it better then the person argueing using it.

On what basis can you see flaws in what you are being presented without stepping outside its bounds? The Masculine and Femanine energy dogma as presented isn't seamless.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2012, 02:41:08 am »

Looking over the past page it's clear I have an unreceptive audience. It's not very important to me to try to persuade any of you. Questions were posed, I offered answers. Accept or reject them as you please.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2012, 02:42:36 am »

I will not debate the significance or reality of Yin and Yang here, but please realize your argument is based on Dogma.

I think we would be hard pressed to find an interpretation that was not dogma to some school of thought. The fact that it happens to be beliefs held by some group(s) doesn't make it inaccurate. If Hitler says "don't stab yourself in the eye with a fork" that's probably still good advice, even if Hitler is the one giving it. I would suggest that we evaluate ides based on the usefulness of conclusions that come from them rather than based on who believes them and who much we like them. Saying that what I suggest is "dogma" to somebody does not invalidate it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have just fulfilled Godwins Law. And it only took 3 hours!

Though I like your point on evaluating ideas based on their usefulness, I don't feel that defining Women as things that must be acted on and changed, and Men as things that must act on things and change them is a terribly useful idea... that invites a lot of musty old ideas about women and kitchens and babies.

I would also argue that talk of gender roles doesn't have to cross into Dogma. I cited an observable thing, namely another world culture in which you or I would not be a Man. I then cited that we are considered Men in Western Culture. Thus, I concluded that Culture is a relative, culturally-created construct.

Tada! Reasoned argument. Also, pardon if I seem unreceptive; I may believe and feel differently, but I actually enjoy learning about your beliefs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43