Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104896 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Night 4: Night Floor
« Reply #570 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:55 pm »

I AM SO NOT FEELING WELL IT'S RIDICULOUS!

ALSO, I ACCIDENTALLY KILLED BOOKTHRAS, AND WHILE I'D LOVE TO REVIVE HIM, HE'S GONNA STAY DEAD. OOPS.

No one died.

Vote Count
------------------------
Hapah -
Phantom of The Library -
ToonyMan - 
zombie urist -

Not Voting - zombie urist, Phantom of the Library, Hapah, ToonyMan,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:33:37 pm by webadict »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 5: Web A Failed You
« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2013, 06:59:33 pm »

ALSO, I ACCIDENTALLY KILLED BOOKTHRAS, AND WHILE I'D LOVE TO REVIVE HIM, HE'S GONNA STAY DEAD. OOPS.
Uh, so only I was primed by MBP?  That was a dumb mistake to make Webadict.

MOD: Is it still the duel system?  Because if it is, it doesn't even matter if we pick the last scum out it would still be a 50/50 chance of victory and that sucks dude.  I guess we can win in spirit.

Anyway, everybody role-claim now since with two SKs down there's likely only one mafia left in this mess of a game and not the horrible situation of a third SK and another mafia with a survivor and town or something.

I am Mike Dawson.  Town obviously.
(Auto) Bad Animation: Actions have a 50% chance to miss you.
(Night) Ring Toss: Choose non-kill or kill actions. If you are the target of only such actions, you can revive once for one Cycle. This counts actions from Bad Animation.
(1-Shot, Night) Cutscene: Actions have a 100% chance to miss you during this Night.

N1 I Ring-Toss'd for non-kill actions.  Got no result.
N2 I Ring-Toss'd for non-kill actions.  Got no result.
N3 I Ring-Toss'd for non-kill actions.  Received a revive.
N4 I used Cutscene, because it's a one-shot and this is most likely lylo.

There's four of us left.  Not counting myself that makes three.

Zombie Urist - As far as I can see ZU is almost confirmed townie.  His claim with Jack AT matches up and beyond first impression doubts he is like 90% probably town.  We'll still need to see a full-roleclaim though.

Hapah and Phantom of the Library of course would be left as suspects.  I could give up now and just bring both to the dueling ring (see how stupid the dueling system is), but that's lame and wrong.  Obviously full-claims from both will be nice.

Hapah - Just waiting on a full-claim really.  If Phantom can clear himself then it's definitely Hapah.
Phantom - I used cutscene last night and nobody died, if you were lying about your claim N3 about me targeting MBP (which I can't see happening unless there's an unwritten redirect) then you're the last scum.  Because that means "missing" makes it go completely off and hit nobody else.  Either way you're my top suspect right now.

Holding off on votes right now because if we put two on somebody who isn't scum they can get quick hammered.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2013, 07:42:16 pm »

Spoiler: Context (click to show/hide)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 08, 2013, 07:46:37 pm »

I am Tiruin. My abilities are:
Bay12 Represent (auto) - This one's kinda confusing. If this is active, if either me or Jack dies, he revives, but both of us die after one cycle. I can deactivate at any time.
Illegal Role Modification (one-shot) - I give someone the ability Honorary Bay12er (auto), which gives a double vote.

I haven't used IRM.

I still think its PoTL, though I will wait for the claims. There's already a claim discrepancy b/w him and Toony and I want to see it resolved.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 08, 2013, 07:49:45 pm »

That makes sense, because Jack AT used the role 'Jack AT'.  It would explain why Webadict put you two together and your abilities sort of line-up, like the double voting.

Also Tiruin and Jack AT, you guys are unoriginal.  :P

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 08, 2013, 08:27:17 pm »

MOD: Is it still the duel system?  Because if it is, it doesn't even matter if we pick the last scum out it would still be a 50/50 chance of victory and that sucks dude.  I guess we can win in spirit.
I imagine it's still Duel, since it was yesterday. It's...less than ideal, yes.

Anyway, everybody role-claim now since with two SKs down there's likely only one mafia left in this mess of a game and not the horrible situation of a third SK and another mafia with a survivor and town or something.
I agree. I am The Illusive Man.

(Auto) Prosthetic Eyes: Randomizations and Redirections fail against you.
(Night) Well-Informed [target]: You learn what action(s) the target used during the Night.

Trying to format this to be easy to read.

N1: Deathsword(PotL). Used two abilities:
   (Night) Anarchy [target]: The target is randomized.
   (Night) Doppler Effect [target]: You track the target.

N2: Jack A T.
   Target used no action.

N3: MBP.
   (Night) Safety Hazards [target]: You may choose to either block the target or make the target unblockable.

N4: Toonyman.
   Target used no action.

3 claims down, 1 to go. I'm guessing that I got a "no action" result on Toony because my ability missed, though I can't be sure if it's because of the auto or the ability he claimed.

Toony: Does your revive bring you back indefinitely, or for one cycle? I could read it either way.

ZU: That is a really odd Auto. So only you had it, and you could decide if it was on or not? Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 08, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »

3 claims down, 1 to go. I'm guessing that I got a "no action" result on Toony because my ability missed, though I can't be sure if it's because of the auto or the ability he claimed.
I don't know if you can prove if Phantom is lying or not with this either.  Because if Phantom is right then it could have easily redirected to ZU who didn't do anything.

Toony: Does your revive bring you back indefinitely, or for one cycle? I could read it either way.
Just a cycle.  I can safety say now even more fully I was okay with wasting my revive yesterday because I could always regen another.  I shouldn't have one anymore, even if MBP didn't prime me.  For example, if I didn't use Cutscene and instead used Ring-Toss for non-kill actions again, because Hapah tracked me I would get a revive...as long as nobody tried to kill me, in which case I'd be dead.

Choose Ring-Toss for kill actions would effectively make me immune to night-kills.  I'm not afraid of getting killed at night and in fact I never even used ring-toss for kill actions because I was confident in the 50% missing too.

I mean, the last mafia is probably PotL.  I dropped suspicion of him last game day, but after thinking of my role it's possible we caught a contradiction.  I'm more inclined to believe the "miss" completely stops the action, and doesn't redirect.  We'll have to wait for his role-claim.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:30 pm »

Cuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrssseeeeee youuuuuuu

Bah

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 08, 2013, 10:30:23 pm »

Alright, full-claim time:

I am an Anarchist Musician

(Auto) Dual Chords: You can use up to two different actions per Phase.
(Night) Anarchy [target]: The target is randomized.
(Night) Sound Therapy [target]: The target is protected.
(Night) Doppler Effect [target]: You track the target.

Actions and Results:

N1:
Deathsword used: Doppler Effects on Tylui (MBP)
Deathsword used: Anarchy on Leafsnail

Results:
Target targeted Dariush

N2:
Deathsword used: Sound Therapy on Hapah
Deathsword used: Anarchy on Shakerag

N3:
Sound Therapy on Hapah
Doppler Effect on Toonyman

Results:
Target targeted Mysteriousbluepuppet

N4:
Sound Therapy on: Hapah
Doppler Effect on: zombie urist

Results:
Target did not target anyone.

My reason for holding back (besides not wanting to start an early mass-claim) was that I had a protect and wanted to make it appear that I was a PGO or such in hopes of preventing my own death by NK.  Reason for targeting Hapah so many times is that he was the only person who read town to me, everyone else was various shades of gray.

I believe Toonyman to be lying scum. Unless Wuba actually didn't inform him of part of his role or messed up my results, he is lying about his action Night 3.  Besides that, he's the only person left who seems to be scummy to me. zombie seems to be town, as his claim matches up with everything and Hapah has read town to me since I entered the game and his claim on my abilities used N1 matches perfectly and it doesn't seem like a scum ability, so he's out. 

I do want zombie urist to clarify his ability a little, as if it is correct then Jack should be alive right now.

Assuming of course that the duel system is still in place: I would be in favor of a Toonyman/Myself duel, as zombie suspects me, Toony obviously wouldn't be opposed to me being lynched, and I want Toonyscum hanged. Everyone's happy and the dice hopefully land on Toony so the town wins.

PPE: Thought I had posted this half an hour ago, but MBP ninja'd me and stopped it from posting.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2013, 10:52:53 pm »

Yeah I guess we'll have to leave it up to the gambling gods, Phantom of the Library.

I'm afraid that ZU might be the last scum but because this is most likely the dueling system I've really lost motivation to pursue this, so here's my reasoning:
PotL protected Hapah last night, it's completely possible that ZU is a lying mafia bastard and obviously couldn't kill himself, the guy I thought was going to die N4.  Just because he knew Jack AT's roles and Jack was town doesn't make ZU town.  It's annoying but might as well say this.

In all likelihood I hope it's PotL so we can have an epic showdown that isn't town vs. town.

P.S. I've had a Kaworu Steam avatar for years.  I decided to try to keep something permanent.  :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 08, 2013, 11:00:53 pm »

Ah nevermind my theory, PotL cleared Zombie Urist last night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09:21 pm »

Here's my logic for scum PotL:
1. He's lying about me targetting MBP N3, I can not actually target people and he didn't die during the night or anything either.
2. He tried to kill me last night but missed, although I'm not sure why he'd try to kill the guy who can't really die at night and not the pretty much cleared ZU.

Although, ZU could have no-action'd instead of using a mafia kill.  This would line up with PotL's claim.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 09, 2013, 01:05:35 am »

ZU: That is a really odd Auto. So only you had it, and you could decide if it was on or not? Also:
Yeah. Also that joke is ooooooooooold.

I do want zombie urist to clarify his ability a little, as if it is correct then Jack should be alive right now.
I turned the ability off, so we die as normal.

Assuming of course that the duel system is still in place: I would be in favor of a Toonyman/Myself duel, as zombie suspects me, Toony obviously wouldn't be opposed to me being lynched, and I want Toonyscum hanged. Everyone's happy and the dice hopefully land on Toony so the town wins.
You want to be in the duel because I suspect you? Ok. Phantom of the Library

the guy who can't really die at night
Why can't you die at night? Also if you're first two ring tosses failed, that means you were targetted with kill actions right? Then why aren't you killed?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 09, 2013, 01:42:06 am »

Well, I guess it can't get any better than the two non-masons duking it out, can it? Phantom of the Library for the hammer.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:14 am »

That's a suspiciously quick hammer Hapah, oh well.  Gotta get it over with.

I'm still town though, you Phantom?  If Hapah is the last scum I'm gonna strangle myself since he was my toppick with Bookthras last game day.

Also, it's really messed up how the town managed to lynch anti-town factions every day and we're still having a really hard time.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44