Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104803 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 4: Touchdown
« Reply #540 on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:08 am »

Masons, huh? Did you start as Masons, or was there some sort of recruitment thing going on?

Quote from: Toony
This of course leaves myself, Hapah, Phantom, and Bookthras.  If of course, it's not a strange situation where there's three mafia and two SKs, which is possible?  In which case the game is settled after MBP.
UI wasn't really a SK, looked more like a Doomspeaker. It might end with MBP (if he dies today, which is far from guaranteed), but the more I think about it the more I think Leaf's flip was fake, which means there's probably still 1 scum around.

I still think a Jack lynch wouldn't be a terrible move unless someone has an inspect/can confirm the Mason claim. Regardless, if we're going to go for someone that isn't Jack, we need to get it figured out in a hurry. I'm going to go ahead and put my vote there (Jack AT) until we reach some sort of consensus. If someone could put another vote on him (which puts him in hammer range, I know) so MBP can't make it a 3-way duel, that'd be fantastic. Just please post-preview so you don't accidentally hammer.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 02, 2013, 01:01:07 pm »

The Day will end at 9 PM Central, as everyone has been busy with New Year's (myself included). That's 9 hours from now. Vote Count incoming.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Night 3: Matter Of Principal
« Reply #542 on: January 02, 2013, 01:05:33 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Jack A T - Mysteriousbluepuppet, Hapah,
Phantom of The Library -
ToonyMan - ToonyMan,
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Bookthras, zombie urist,
zombie urist -

Not Voting - Jack A T, Phantom of The Library,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 12 PM Central.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 02, 2013, 02:13:41 pm »

Quote from: Toony
This of course leaves myself, Hapah, Phantom, and Bookthras.  If of course, it's not a strange situation where there's three mafia and two SKs, which is possible?  In which case the game is settled after MBP.
UI wasn't really a SK, looked more like a Doomspeaker. It might end with MBP (if he dies today, which is far from guaranteed), but the more I think about it the more I think Leaf's flip was fake, which means there's probably still 1 scum around.
I'm not sure, not only was he lynched but there is his fakeclaim as a survivor beforehand, where he left out important parts of his role that would have made his claim even more doubtful:
I am a swarm of pikmin.
(auto) Onion Reserves: I revive if I'm nightkilled.
(1-shot, night) x5:
Red Pikmin: Block
Yellow Pikmin: Delay
Blue Pikmin: Protect
Purple Pikmin: Kill
White Pikmin: Randomize
Urist Imiknorris - A Swarm of Pikmin
Alignment: SK
Wincon: You win when all other players are dead.
(Night) Pikmin Toss [target]: You throw one of your Pikmin of your choice. The auto ability for that Pikmin is then lost.
(Auto) Red Pikmin: You are unblockable. If thrown, you block the target.
(Auto) Yellow Pikmin: You ignore abilities that render a player untargetable. If thrown, you delay the target.
(Auto) Blue Pikmin: You revive once when you are killed. If thrown, you protect the target.
(Auto) Purple Pikmin: You may self-target with Pikmin Toss. If thrown, you kill the target.
(Auto) White Pikmin: This Pikmin cannot be thrown until all others have been thrown. If thrown, everyone else dies. This action cannot be stopped and all other abilities fails.
It seems genuine to me.  I agree that if I had to pick between Toaster and Leafsnail then Leafsnail's is the much more suspicious flip, but I admit to getting scumvibes from him D1 too, with his talkativeness.

I still think a Jack lynch wouldn't be a terrible move unless someone has an inspect/can confirm the Mason claim. Regardless, if we're going to go for someone that isn't Jack, we need to get it figured out in a hurry. I'm going to go ahead and put my vote there (Jack AT) until we reach some sort of consensus. If someone could put another vote on him (which puts him in hammer range, I know) so MBP can't make it a 3-way duel, that'd be fantastic. Just please post-preview so you don't accidentally hammer.
I don't agree with the Jack duel, but it is an okay choice.  This is because I don't think Phantom is mafia and with Bookthras and Hapah left as possible mafia I'm at a wall in who to choose since both have shown things I like and don't like.

I'll put the third vote on MBP.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 02, 2013, 02:16:05 pm »

Oh you mean the White Pikmin ability?  I suppose that is pretty Doomsday-y.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 02, 2013, 02:21:10 pm »

Still, it's classified as SK and he is really a SK.

Although interesting enough I found this tidbit in the Q&A:
Q. Does the Mafia have a kill they can use at Night?
A. Yes. It is called the Mafiakill. It is available to all members of the Mafia.
MOD: Do the mafia players HAVE to have the (mafiakill) ability no matter what?  If there are special cases then what are those?

I'm going to have to facepalm here if there's no exceptions.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:42 pm »

PFP

I mean that he may have had an SK win-con, but in practice he was really more of a Doomspeaker. (PPE: You got it, yeah.)

Also, could you weigh in on the bit of my Dec 31 post directed at you?

PPEx2: He had the SK wincon, and I guess he could have played it slow and tried to win by tossing the black pikmin, but I still say it's a SK in name only.

And I wouldn't think so; I think a (Mafiakill) ability can just be used instead of the "vanilla" kill. So they could have used MrC's ability or the standard Mafiakill, but not both in the same night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 02, 2013, 02:38:33 pm »

Also, could you weigh in on the bit of my Dec 31 post directed at you?
I thought I responded to it here, but admittedly I was low on attention at the time.  To expand:

I don't really consider the revive a waste, not only do I only have a 50/50 chance of losing it, but during the night I only have a 50/50 chance of even getting hit.  It is a gamble, but at the time I didn't think Wuba would be nice to us (Meph ended up being nice to the PM22 game too) and I did consider it a valid solution.

@Zombie Urist, Jack AT:
I've gained suspicion of you two when going over the Alignment List because there is no "mason" role, the "brother" role fits what you're saying perfectly and it's probably your actual alignment but I would prefer if you used the actual alignments listed to be exactly accurate.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 02, 2013, 02:38:44 pm »

MOD: Do the mafia players HAVE to have the (mafiakill) ability no matter what?  If there are special cases then what are those?
All mafia players have a special "hidden" ability: Mafiakill. It's not listed in your role PM, but all Mafia players have it.

A mafia player may also have a Mafiakill ability, which IS listed in your role PM. This uses the Mafiakill at Night instead of the regular team ability. This leaves at most one Mafiakill ability used each Night.

All Mafia players have access to the team Mafiakill ability, but it isn't in their role. Not all Mafia players have built-in Mafiakill ability. I hope this answers your question.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 02, 2013, 03:03:38 pm »

Masons, huh? Did you start as Masons, or was there some sort of recruitment thing going on?
We were always masons.

I still personally recommend PoTL duel with MBP.

Toony: why don't you think PoTL is mafia? Our chat is called "mason chat", so I assumed we were masons, though brothers are really the same thing. Wuba actually refers to us as masons as well.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 02, 2013, 03:18:43 pm »

We were always masons.
I still personally recommend PoTL duel with MBP.
Toony: why don't you think PoTL is mafia? Our chat is called "mason chat", so I assumed we were masons, though brothers are really the same thing. Wuba actually refers to us as masons as well.
Don't you lose if your brother dies?  I would be a bit more adamant than a FoS.

For Phantom he hasn't been shooting any alarm bells in my head, he had that case against MBP D3, and he unvoted me afterwards this day, which while not damning proof doesn't seem like scum with a power role would do if they were trying to bring someone down.

It still unnerves me that everybody suddenly wants Jack's blood (from what I can see simply because he's not here), while I can understand the hatred of lurkers he hasn't even been on so it's more of a lazy choice this far in the game.  I remember Bookthras had an actual case on him before but that was for buddying with Mr. Celt.  And if ZU is telling the truth then that case is completely bust.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 02, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »

PFP

I wanted the vote on Jack, not MBP: MBP could make it a 3-way duel now if he moves his vote. I guess me or PotL could hammer MBP right now and get the MBP/Jack duel, though.

ZU: Does Jack have any abilities?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 02, 2013, 03:52:20 pm »

PFP

Something just crossed my mind.

Wuba: What are the odds of Jack getting modkilled?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 02, 2013, 03:54:40 pm »

Yeah I see what you mean.  Jack AT.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 02, 2013, 03:59:12 pm »

PFP Thanks

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44