Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104756 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 4: Touchdown
« Reply #525 on: December 31, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »

Zombie:
Hmm... does "arson-proof" imply existence of an arsonist? I personally don't think so.
It implies it, but it does not guarantee it; check your dictionary. On the other hand, "arson-proof" is probably just a fake claim of MBP's, just as all his other fake claims.

I'm a fucking survivor it's what I do.
Then why didn't you claim before the duel?
Most likely because he isn't. But it's certain he is not town, we had that conversation before: no townie would fakeclaim survivor ever.

Book: why did you vote MBP 3 times?
I paint people in red again to remind them I'm voting them. It exerts additional psychological pressure. It's just the one vote.

Dunno. We've already seen that Mr.Celt had a mafia conversion system. So maybe the mafia has some other cult-like properties. Also note all mafia's so far don't have a straight kill, so maybe the kills have been alternating.
This is dumb enough to be scummy. You fail to justify your vote on Phantom, and try to paint MrCelt's kill as "cult-like": it isn't, it's killing a townie and keeping the scum numbers constant, and is the same as an advanced-dopp in paranormal. Nothing cult-like about it. Also note all mafias do have a straight kill: a faction mafiakill, even if it's not listed as a role ability. There's no way that "kills have been alternating" is anything but a scummy red herring distraction attempt.

Wuba:
Also, the voting system is still Duel.
This utterly sucks. Wuba, your role making powers really deserted you this time around, didn't they? That stabbing medication was just toooo good. With four to hammer the duel thing basically disables the town's ability to lynch the scummiest, makes the game much much too random, and if still persists by D5 with three to hammer it guarantees a massacre from which town is assured to lose. You suck.

Bah. I say the best bet is lynching MBP, but bringing him up to three votes gives scum power to hammer, so that's bad. Rather someone else should be brought up to two votes and everyone else should be unvoted. Organising that is a nightmare. I think I'll just stick with my MBP vote. Who should be the second target? I was partial to Jack, because I think he's scummy and it'd save a replacement, but MBP's vote on him gives me pause. Zombie is next on my list and his scummy comment above makes him a better choice. I recommend he goes instead.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 31, 2012, 02:56:18 pm »

That's not what I mean by 'imply'. I think we mean the same thing though. Meh to the other points.

I kinda want PoTL's actions explained more and the claims to be synchronized as much as possible. This isn't the time too mass-claim yet, but its really frustrating piecing what claims we do have.

MBP's last vote seems like a last ditch effort to do serious damage.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 31, 2012, 03:42:20 pm »

possible my ability redirects you to somebody else who targeted MBP. 
What do you mean by possible, do you mean you aren't sure that it redirects?
Nope.

First of all, apologies for the lack of activity on my part, yesterday was all my fault. I had a new story idea and an itch to write and I chose to follow my creative impulses rather than take the few minutes to make a post here.

Zombie: Get your rear in here, your profile says you've been online today.
Jack: I don't know what you're doing but you need to get in here too.
Hapah: Drink a prairie oyster or something and get over the holiday hangover.
Where's MBP/Tylui on this list?  You were gunning for them D3.
They were actually here, unlike all the people on the list, at the time of posting I was more interested in actually getting people to play the game than hunting, as playing with only half the people in the game is rather boring.
But Phantom, your vote on Zombie is to "get your rear in here", that's contradictory!
Contradictory? I could see how you could say that it was hypocritical, but contradictory?
Yeah I meant hypocritical.  At least you understand though...

I also think that Toaster definitely wasn't Town. Look at his flip.
Quote from: D4 Opener
(Auto) Faceroll - The Rolling Snowball Of Execution: You start the game with 0 points. You may only use actions when you have a greater than or equal amount of points. Each time someone not of your alignment dies, you gain a point. If someone of your alignment dies, you lose all your points.
(Auto) Radio Scrambler (1 Point): You are unblockable.
(Night) Signal Jammer (2 Points) [target]: The target is randomized.
(Auto) Seed Generation (3 Points) [target]: Random actions will always hit the target. You may choose no one to keep actions random.
(Day) Random Hit Generator (5 Points): You kill a random player.
Emphasis on the bolded part. Every time someone of alignment died, he lost all his points. He's got an ability that requires five points. I think he was actually Mafia (which surprises me a little, honestly) with an outside chance of him being some third party that fake-flipped Mafia for whatever reason, or maybe he was some sort of cult counter (but that seems like a really remote possibility). Am I missing something?
That's an excellent point.  I'm more inclined to believe Toaster is actually mafia.  I don't understand how no town died N3 yet but I will vouch for a MBP lynch now, he's too dangerous to keep alive and we can get the last mafia tomorrow.
If Toaster is mafia, then that means that there's someone else with a kill out there though. Which raises the question of why we haven't seen two kills in one night yet.
Even though Toaster's being mafia makes sense, unless someone with a protect has gotten ridiculously lucky, something doesn't quite match up.
It's at least more believable and the possibility is much higher if a protect did block, or if MBP has a delayed kill etc.

Le's make this thing fun then
Jack A T get in here
Now you're just screwing with us.

I have a suggestion that can help get us through this dueling garbage.  I have a revive.  I won't mind using it this Day as the dueling partner if it means getting this along smoothly.

So Unvote MBP and vote ToonyMan.  That will leave 2 on me and 1 on MBP, if the others vote MBP we can clear this.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 31, 2012, 06:13:42 pm »

Quote from: Wuba
Also, the voting system is still Duel.
Spoiler: My Initial Reaction (click to show/hide)
Damn glad I asked, though. Things could have gotten really bad, really fast.

(P.S. Suggesting preemptive dayvig on Shake in the next BYOR, if possible. Maybe I'll submit "The guy who Day-Vigilante'd Shakerag" as my role)

Quote from: Book
Bah. I say the best bet is lynching MBP, but bringing him up to three votes gives scum power to hammer, so that's bad. Rather someone else should be brought up to two votes and everyone else should be unvoted. Organising that is a nightmare. I think I'll just stick with my MBP vote. Who should be the second target? I was partial to Jack, because I think he's scummy and it'd save a replacement, but MBP's vote on him gives me pause.
The organization is annoying, but workable, at least today. I don't follow the last bit, though. Why does MBP's Jack vote give you pause?

Quote from: Toony
I have a suggestion that can help get us through this dueling garbage.  I have a revive.  I won't mind using it this Day as the dueling partner if it means getting this along smoothly.
This doesn't make any sense to me, Toony. Why would you want to waste your revive like that? I could kinda see where you were coming from if you had multiple scumpicks and wanted to throw yourself in to try to get both in one shot (though I'd still advise against it), but you're volunteering yourself for a 50/50 shot at losing your revive just feels wrong.

I'm partial to a MBP/Jack duel, myself.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 31, 2012, 06:53:06 pm »

I don't feel it's reasonable to expect everybody to set up second pick by tomorrow when it's New Years even.  I'll vote for an Extend because I doubt I'll be awake tomorrow at 3PM EST haha.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 31, 2012, 08:08:52 pm »

Why do everyone hate me so :(

Maybe is i had a penguin in my image they would love me !

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 31, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »

Hapah:
Why does MBP's Jack vote give you pause?
If someone you think is scum votes someone else you also think is scum, you should pause and consider. Is it a bus? a gambit? a feint? a misread of either? is there something I missed? These are all valid questions and what "giving pause" means. Selah.

That works, yeah, but you hadn't expressed suspicions of Jack before, Hapah, why do you do so now? What is your justification for throwing him in the same pit as MBP? Is Jack just as scummy? more/less? why? What do you think of my suggestion of Zombie for it instead? or why not phantom or toony?

Wuba: regarding extensions, I agree that New Year's is a tough time, but I really want this game to move forward. I will support a limited 24hr extension to Jan 2nd (which would have been the result of an extension before wuba mod-extended), but I think 48hrs after that are excessive. I hereby oppose further extensions after that. Let's get a move on.

PPE: Oui MBP, je suis sûr que c'est la raison pour. Pingouins sont coupables. Bonne année et Être pendu.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 31, 2012, 09:06:50 pm »

Franchement, si tu veux me faire plaisir en parlant français, fait attention a la grammaire !

C'est plutôt décevant.

La vrai raison est que je ne devrait pas écrire tard le soir comme je l'ai fait, sa m'apprendra!

To add, Good year to you fellas

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 31, 2012, 09:25:21 pm »

C'est plutôt décevant.
Casse-toi, con! être pendu already!

To add, Good year to you fellas
Happy New Year to you too, and to all other scumbuckets, lurkers, townies, worthless dumbshits, players, deaders, spectators, mods, and non-players alike. I love you all, and thank you for making my year fun.

We survived the apocalypse, yet again, so may 2013 be better than 2012 for all of you (players and not). The world is going to hell in a hand basket, but getting there is half the fun!

Cheers!
~z

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 31, 2012, 11:26:01 pm »

Hapah:
Why does MBP's Jack vote give you pause?
If someone you think is scum votes someone else you also think is scum, you should pause and consider. Is it a bus? a gambit? a feint? a misread of either? is there something I missed? These are all valid questions and what "giving pause" means. Selah.
I would say that holds if they are possibly on the same team. The way I see it, we're probably still dealing with one scum and one 3rd party (MrC is confirmed mafia, and Toaster is probable Mafia). If one person is scum and one is third party, neither should give a damn about the other's well-being. Do you think we've got 2 Mafia left, or some sort of scum-aligned 3rd party?

That works, yeah, but you hadn't expressed suspicions of Jack before, Hapah, why do you do so now? What is your justification for throwing him in the same pit as MBP? Is Jack just as scummy? more/less? why? What do you think of my suggestion of Zombie for it instead? or why not phantom or toony?
Because he's completely and totally MIA; at least other people are online and participating to varying degrees. Jack hasn't even touched the forums since the 25th. If we've got someone that wants to replace in I'll re-evaluate, but I'd rather lose him than someone who is playing, even if their participation isn't great. It's hard to lose a coinflip between the obvious lynch target and someone that hasn't posted for the day, yeah?

I think your case on ZU is overblown: while it's true that the scum numbers stay constant, the mechanic does work something like a cult (target is recruited into the Mafia and changes wincon). His comparison to a cult isn't perfect, but I can see where he's coming from. Toony could possibly work, though I'm really confused/hesitant: who the hell puts their own neck into the noose? (Toony voted himself). I've got a kinda town read on PotL, so I'd rather not go there.

Basically, Jack minimizes losses: we either lynch MBP or someone who wasn't doing a damn thing anyway. Your approach maximizes possible gains: if whoever you stick in (ZU/Toony/whoever) is not-town, you can't lose. If you miss, though, it hurts (though no more than any other mislynch, I guess). Different ways of getting to the same place, I guess. Just sucks that we're stuck with this duel system.

Wuba: regarding extensions, I agree that New Year's is a tough time, but I really want this game to move forward. I will support a limited 24hr extension to Jan 2nd (which would have been the result of an extension before wuba mod-extended), but I think 48hrs after that are excessive. I hereby oppose further extensions after that. Let's get a move on.
Wuba: I second this. An extension to the sometime in the afternoon/evening on the 2nd would be good. I'll take an extension to the 3rd if that isn't possible, but I hope it is.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 01, 2013, 03:05:16 pm »

Wuba: I second this. An extension to the sometime in the afternoon/evening on the 2nd would be good. I'll take an extension to the 3rd if that isn't possible, but I hope it is.

I am also in favor of this and a Jack/MBP duel, it's not like it will make any difference if Jack dies or not, as he's doing a whole lot of nothing.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Toony/MBP duel though, as he seems slightly scummy to me, nothing compared to MBP of course, but still enough to lynch.  His volunteering does seem rather odd to me though, so unvote until we can reach consensus.

I still vote PoTL to duel with MBP.

What do you mean still?  I don't remember any time that you've voted me or expressed any major suspicions of me up until this post.

I kinda want PoTL's actions explained more and the claims to be synchronized as much as possible. This isn't the time too mass-claim yet, but its really frustrating piecing what claims we do have.

Okay, then tell me what you want explained so badly that you'll vote me over it instead of just randomly laying down the vote for no reason, and I'll see if I can answer without doing a full-claim.

Either way I will answer any and all questions come mass-claim, which would probably be a good idea tomorrow.

We survived the apocalypse, yet again, so may 2013 be better than 2012 for all of you (players and not). The world is going to hell in a hand basket, but getting there is half the fun!

Cheers to that indeed!
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 01, 2013, 05:43:54 pm »

I voted for Deathsword earlier. Oh well. I want you to re-claim what you did N1 and N3. I would like Toonyman to reclaim last night's actions too.

Though since Toonyman unvoted MBP, I'll throw one down for MBP since he is very scummy for his inconsistent claims.

Also PoTL unvoted so now there's another tie between Toony and Jack.

I am against a Jack/MBP duel since Jack and I are masons.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 01, 2013, 06:12:00 pm »

Unvote ToonyMan

Technically the day has ended already I guess?  If not the voting should be like so right now:
Quote from: Unoffical Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Jack A T - Mysteriousbluepuppet
Phantom of The Library -
ToonyMan -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Bookthras, zombie urist
zombie urist -

Not Voting -  Jack A T, Hapah, Phantom of the Library

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 12 PM Central.

I am against a Jack/MBP duel since Jack and I are masons.
Oh?  What says that you two aren't the last mafia?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 01, 2013, 06:37:52 pm »

Nothing, but 5 mafia would be kinda ridiculous for a game of this size.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 01, 2013, 06:51:07 pm »

Nothing, but 5 mafia would be kinda ridiculous for a game of this size.
I agree that 5 mafia is far too much, and I believe your claim for the most part really.  Even if only one mafia flip was suspicious that'd still leave 4 mafia if we include you both and with the confirmed SK it's incredibly doubtful.

This of course leaves myself, Hapah, Phantom, and Bookthras.  If of course, it's not a strange situation where there's three mafia and two SKs, which is possible?  In which case the game is settled after MBP.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44