Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104753 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 4: Touchdown
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2012, 05:03:56 pm »

@Bookthras:
I would still like to know why you think Toaster is mafia too (mainly the whole nobody else dying thing), when I was unable to convince you that Leafsnail was back in D2.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2012, 09:10:58 pm »

Jack, Hapah: This lack of posting of yours is really infuriating. Get the fuck involved or ask for a replacement. I was going to wait for you guys to weigh in, but I'm impatient. Phantom and Zombie are almost as bad, one "meh" post and one three-sentences post calling out lurkers are not playing the game. You all suck.

Toony:
@Bookthras:
I would still like to know why you think Toaster is mafia too (mainly the whole nobody else dying thing), when I was unable to convince you that Leafsnail was back in D2.
I'm not sure Toaster is mafia. His flip is less town-like than Leaf's, though, and that random daykill seems scum-like to me, so I think it's more likely Toaster is mafia than Leaf, but it's possible neither is (just as it's technically possible, but I think very unlikely they both are). Here's what I said:
Yeah, that's an odd flip. It's less townie-looking than Leaf's, but I would have been much happier if it actually had a "mafiakill" action like MrCelt's did. Still, that random daykill is scum-like enough for me to buy it.

His quick agreement on the Leaf-as-deathmiller theory is puzzling, though, since if Leaf was an actual deathmiller then scum-Toaster should have been interested in preserving the illusion. Unless Toaster was too[...] On the other hand, if both Toaster and Leaf were scum, then why is the game not over? [...] Not entirely sure what to make of that yet, but let's call it a good result for now.
As before, please don't assume my certainty. All I'm doing is listing possibilities, and ordering depending on how likely they seem to me.

As to how lack of other kills impacts these calculations: they affect probabilities, not certainties; had Toaster had a "mafiakill" ability listed, then he'd be certainly mafia instead of a chance regardless of lack of kills, yes? Likewise lack of other kills makes deathmiller more likely, but not certain, yes? In conclusion, in this case I weigh Toaster's random daykill power as scummier than the lack of other kills, so I lean in favour of calling it "a good result", but as noted by that last sentence in the quote above, it's a tentative judgement, not a certainty, and may change as a result of new information.

One more factor related to Toaster: if he was not mafia, then he was a deathmiller but not an inspection miller. He has made a big deal of how he will always claim miller on his first post, and he didn't in this case. So either he was scum, or he was a miller of the one kind but not the other...

...or he acquired the property (which in your theory was when I FoS'd him, but come on). Since you like wacky theories, let me give you one (not saying it must be, but I thought of it and sounds interesting so I share it): say there is an arsonist SK whose priming power, in addition to making them blow up when the time comes, also makes them flip as mafia if they die before the arsonist triggers the kaboom. N1 both arsonist and mafia targeted Leaf, N2 mafia targeted Dariush while arsonist targeted Toaster (or someone else), N3 mafia targets Toaster who was primed N2 and arsonist targets someone else, or both mafia and arsonist target Toaster. Since both Leaf and Toaster are generally high priority targets for scum, the overlap seems probable.

If this is the case, then there's only one person who is primed and would explode if the arsonist triggers. That's good news for town.

But back to business:

MBP:
Fireman Laxatives

Fire Protection : You are Arson proof. Mafia can still kill you
Bathroom Break : You are stuck in here for a while. Unlynchable/killable for 1 day/night cycle. 1 shot
Fire Hazard : As a fireman, you know when the fire alarm is gonna ran out of batteries. Auto
Surprise Inspection : You can see the target true Alignment. Unblockable. Night action
Laxative Bomb : Target is blocked next turn. Unblockable.

This is utter bullshit. That "true alignment" bit is obviously put in after you saw you missed the miller claim. Plus it's inconceivable you didn't use the bathroom break thing D3 or claimed inspection results when you knew you were about to die on a coin flip.

Your claims are inconsistent. You say now you scanned me, and scanned Dariush. Before, you had said:
Tylui targeted Dariush both night, with 2 different abilities.
Blocked Dariush Day 1
Scanned Dariush Day 2 with a 1-shot. He was town, obviously. I got a tracking power and another I won't disclose before everyone comes clean.
These are inconsistent. No mention of targeting me, no mention of that "tracking power" on your role claim, you said the scan was one-shot, and that you have "another power" that makes no sense for you to claim (if it is indeed unlynchable ability) or to withhold if it's the counter thing. This is all a bunch of bullshit.

At this time, I think you being an arsonist is the best bet. Either as part of the mafia or as independent SK. That's what fits best with your partial fake claims and posts. You should still die today.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2012, 11:11:53 pm »

Why I did not use the bathroom break yesterday is that you would have run with it to say i was scum protecting my life, and probalby would have gotten an easy lynch since half the player are not there and would latch onto it to save their sorry hides. Don't act like it's not true. At this point only you and Toony are active, the other ar eon cruise control waiting for the game to end.  I'd rather risk a 50% chance to live day 4, explain myself and possibly survive further , than a 100% chance to stay alive to day 4 then dying like a dog. I'm a fucking survivor it's what I do. Scan being a one shot is confusion by me, considering that an action was missing from the resumé from wubbah seemed that Tylui just sat there doing nothing.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 30, 2012, 01:18:24 am »

Mysteriousbluepuppet
I'm a fucking survivor it's what I do.
Are you claiming survivor then?

PoTL: Anything besides calling out lurkers?
I don't know, anything from you besides restating what Book already said?

Lastly, just to put it out there I can confirm that one or more people targeted me last night with an action
That would be me tracking you. Anything to say about last night's action?
I just know somebody targeted me.  I didn't do anything myself.

Really, that's rather funny Toonyman, considering that my PM says that you targeted Mysteriousbluepuppet last night. Why did you lie about your action?

First of all, apologies for the lack of activity on my part, yesterday was all my fault. I had a new story idea and an itch to write and I chose to follow my creative impulses rather than take the few minutes to make a post here.

Zombie: Get your rear in here, your profile says you've been online today.
Jack: I don't know what you're doing but you need to get in here too.
Hapah: Drink a prairie oyster or something and get over the holiday hangover.
Where's MBP/Tylui on this list?  You were gunning for them D3.

They were actually here, unlike all the people on the list, at the time of posting I was more interested in actually getting people to play the game than hunting, as playing with only half the people in the game is rather boring.

I have a wedding and all the related functions to attend tomorrow so while I will try to find time to post, it's likely that it will be from my phone and rather brief.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 30, 2012, 02:32:04 am »

Hmm... does "arson-proof" imply existence of an arsonist? I personally don't think so. I can mostly believe Book's arson-millerfy theory. Dunno whether Toaster would claim Deathmiller or even knew he was it. I'm not going to think too much on this.

I'm a fucking survivor it's what I do.
Then why didn't you claim before the duel?

I agree that MBPs claims don't really match up.

Book: why did you vote MBP 3 times?
This is such a true statement you have no idea. 
This... what?

PPE'd PoTL
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 30, 2012, 10:15:44 am »

Same reason i did not use the bathroom break. suspicions and an assured lynch the next day. I'd rathe try my luck than go use a power and die the next day.

Yes I do claim survivor.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 30, 2012, 11:51:20 am »

Sorry folks, my internet has been dead for a few days. But now it's back! Giving a read now.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 30, 2012, 12:51:39 pm »

Hapah, top suspicions.  Also what do you think of Bookthras?
Top suspicion is MBP, will detail that below (haven't run through the votes yet so don't want to accidentally hammer). As for Book, he seems town-ish to me, though he's misread a couple of my statements.

PS: I totally called it that Shakerag was behind the voting crazyness (yeah, not too esoteric a guess, but still). Too bad he flipped town instead of Outsider, but man, I won't miss that bit. Glad it never rolled "liar's dice voting system."
Don't get too excited. I really, really hope I'm wrong about this. Shake's role never said that the rules change back.

WUBA:What is the current voting system?

Sorry, the weather kept me away from home a day longer than I'd planned and killed my internet for a couple more. At least I still had power for most of it. It's good to be back!

As for information I can share, here's some. Tylui got an overpowered role, with a scan. He used it day 1 nor 2 to scan bookies and Dariush. You both came up town. I also do remember form years back that you were a dick even if town. ( I mean that not in a pejorative way, let's be clear), and the questionning fit that, so I'm inclined to believe it. Last night Hapah gave me a no result. I want to hear what he thinks of it, and what may have caused it.
I think you've got a rather large problem, because I show you using only one ability last night, and it doesn't have a scan component at all. I could live with if the name was just different (since you didn't straight-copy, though I'm not certain that Wubadub minds copypasta role claims, since nothing bad happened to folks in the last BYOR). But the ability I show you using says "You may choose to either block the target or make the target unblockable." This doesn't match any of your claimed abilities. What do you have to say?

I also think that Toaster definately wasn't Town. Look at his flip.
Quote from: D4 Opener
(Auto) Faceroll - The Rolling Snowball Of Execution: You start the game with 0 points. You may only use actions when you have a greater than or equal amount of points. Each time someone not of your alignment dies, you gain a point. If someone of your alignment dies, you lose all your points.
(Auto) Radio Scrambler (1 Point): You are unblockable.
(Night) Signal Jammer (2 Points) [target]: The target is randomized.
(Auto) Seed Generation (3 Points) [target]: Random actions will always hit the target. You may choose no one to keep actions random.
(Day) Random Hit Generator (5 Points): You kill a random player.
Emphasis on the bolded part. Every time someone of alignment died, he lost all his points. He's got an ability that requires five points. I think he was actually Mafia (which surprises me a little, honestly) with an outside chance of him being some third party that fake-flipped Mafia for whatever reason, or maybe he was some sort of cult counter (but that seems like a really remote possibility). Am I missing something?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 30, 2012, 05:06:37 pm »

I'm not sure Toaster is mafia. His flip is less town-like than Leaf's, though, and that random daykill seems scum-like to me, so I think it's more likely Toaster is mafia than Leaf, but it's possible neither is (just as it's technically possible, but I think very unlikely they both are). Here's what I said:
Yeah, that's an odd flip. It's less townie-looking than Leaf's, but I would have been much happier if it actually had a "mafiakill" action like MrCelt's did. Still, that random daykill is scum-like enough for me to buy it.
His quick agreement on the Leaf-as-deathmiller theory is puzzling, though, since if Leaf was an actual deathmiller then scum-Toaster should have been interested in preserving the illusion. Unless Toaster was too[...] On the other hand, if both Toaster and Leaf were scum, then why is the game not over? [...] Not entirely sure what to make of that yet, but let's call it a good result for now.
As before, please don't assume my certainty. All I'm doing is listing possibilities, and ordering depending on how likely they seem to me.
I would say this is incredibly passive for you, making insurances.  I still don't like how you can suddenly except Toaster's flip, even without the (mafiakill) ability and the fact nobody else died.  If anything the game right now is 4 town, 1 survivor (MPB), and 2 mafia with you and Hapah/Phantom being prime suspects.  I noticed how you sided with Phantom's position D3 pretty readily.  If I'm correct you'd be safety placing two non-mafia into the ring there.

PPE:
Something Hapah brought up at the bottom has convinced me more, although I'm still unsure of the lack of other kills.

Lastly, just to put it out there I can confirm that one or more people targeted me last night with an action
That would be me tracking you. Anything to say about last night's action?
I just know somebody targeted me.  I didn't do anything myself.
Really, that's rather funny Toonyman, considering that my PM says that you targeted Mysteriousbluepuppet last night. Why did you lie about your action?
I don't know what you're saying.  I don't even have any actions that make me target others, are you trying to create two "lying contradictions" so that the mafia can sneak a win in?

There might be another cause though. I have a passive auto ability that makes actions have a 50% chance to miss me, if you rolled a miss then it's possible my ability redirects you to somebody else who targeted MBP.  Although they would have to come forward with that and it might be MBP themselves if they used an action on themselves which is likely.

First of all, apologies for the lack of activity on my part, yesterday was all my fault. I had a new story idea and an itch to write and I chose to follow my creative impulses rather than take the few minutes to make a post here.

They were actually here, unlike all the people on the list, at the time of posting I was more interested in actually getting people to play the game than hunting, as playing with only half the people in the game is rather boring.
But Phantom, your vote on Zombie is to "get your rear in here", that's contradictory!

Yes I do claim survivor.
And I believe him...to an extent, while it's true we lynched Urist Imik even after he claimed survivor if we lynched MBP now we could be in lylo (there might even be two mafia left).  The one thing that kills MBP's case though is the entire arsonist/doomsday thing which leaves us at a time limit.

I do ask one question though, did you use your Bathroom Break for this cycle?

Unvote Hapah
I also think that Toaster definitely wasn't Town. Look at his flip.
(Auto) Faceroll - The Rolling Snowball Of Execution: You start the game with 0 points. You may only use actions when you have a greater than or equal amount of points. Each time someone not of your alignment dies, you gain a point. If someone of your alignment dies, you lose all your points.
(Auto) Seed Generation (3 Points) [target]: Random actions will always hit the target. You may choose no one to keep actions random.
Emphasis on the bolded part. Every time someone of alignment died, he lost all his points. He's got an ability that requires five points. I think he was actually Mafia (which surprises me a little, honestly) with an outside chance of him being some third party that fake-flipped Mafia for whatever reason, or maybe he was some sort of cult counter (but that seems like a really remote possibility). Am I missing something?
That's an excellent point.  I'm more inclined to believe Toaster is actually mafia.  I don't understand how no town died N3 yet but I will vouch for a MBP lynch now, he's too dangerous to keep alive and we can get the last mafia tomorrow.

Although, if MBP made himself unlynchable (this is incredibly likely) we have to waste a fucking day.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 30, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »

Hmm, if Phantom did miss onto MBP (who would have used Bathroom Break) then that solves a few things.  It does make today really aggravating though, because it's pointless to try to lynch MBP today and he's a prime suspect.

MOD:
Vote count and stuff?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 31, 2012, 02:58:16 am »

Yes I do claim survivor.
Great! The second best thing to lynching scum is lynching third-party, and if you happen to be lying, all the better. I would hammer you right now, but I still have a few things that I want answered before the day ends.

possible my ability redirects you to somebody else who targeted MBP. 

What do you mean by possible, do you mean you aren't sure that it redirects?

But Phantom, your vote on Zombie is to "get your rear in here", that's contradictory!

Contradictory? I could see how you could say that it was hypocritical, but contradictory?

I also think that Toaster definitely wasn't Town. Look at his flip.
That's an excellent point.  I'm more inclined to believe Toaster is actually mafia.  I don't understand how no town died N3 yet but I will vouch for a MBP lynch now, he's too dangerous to keep alive and we can get the last mafia tomorrow.

If Toaster is mafia, then that means that there's someone else with a kill out there though. Which raises the question of why we haven't seen two kills in one night yet.

Even though Toaster's being mafia makes sense, unless someone with a protect has gotten ridiculously lucky, something doesn't quite match up.

A note: There's a lot of snow on it's way to where I'm at, so if I'm not online for two days go ahead and replace me, as I'll have most likely lost power and won't be getting it back soon.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 31, 2012, 11:30:15 am »

Please be careful with those votes. At the very least until my question to Wuba gets answered.

Wuba: What is the current voting system?

Quote from: PotL
Great! The second best thing to lynching scum is lynching third-party, and if you happen to be lying, all the better.
No arguments here. As an added bonus, there's more than a few inconsistencies in his claim(s).

Everyone: Looks like Jack hasn't been around in a week. Maybe he lost power/internet? 'tis the season of ice storms and whatnot, y'know.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Night 3: Matter Of Principal
« Reply #522 on: December 31, 2012, 01:35:26 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Jack A T -
Phantom of The Library -
ToonyMan - Phantom of The Library,
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Bookthras, ToonyMan,
zombie urist -

Not Voting - Mysteriousbluepuppet, Jack A T, Hapah, zombie urist,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 12 PM Central.

Sorry, I'm not feeling that great. So, the Day is extended to tomorrow.

Also, the voting system is still Duel.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 31, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »

Le's make this thing fun then

Jack A T get in here

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 31, 2012, 02:31:21 pm »

Well fuck.

I still vote PoTL to duel with MBP.

Dunno. We've already seen that Mr.Celt had a mafia conversion system. So maybe the mafia has some other cult-like properties. Also note all mafia's so far don't have a straight kill, so maybe the kills have been alternating.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44