Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104669 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 3: No More Finals
« Reply #480 on: December 24, 2012, 08:39:09 am »

Oh, soooo glad we had a chance to figure things out over the weekend there, eh? Lots of progress made. Time well spent. Fuck you all for wasting time. Yeah, I'm in a jolly fucking mood. Merry fucking whatevermas to you too.

Since I'm in that aforementioned foul fucking mood, I hereby Oppose Extension in all my games forever, including this one. Let's get a fucking move on.

Speaking of what's here:
On what things, toaster ?
Just things in general.
I find the fact that you didn't mention the second action at all suspicious. This is slightly compounded by you dismissing it as more or less useless.
Why don't you role fish some more?

This is a fucking half-assed post if I've ever seen one, Toaster. Two one-sentence rhetoric challenges? In three fucking days, that's all you could come up with?

People: during day three Toaster has been getting a free "confirmed townie" pass because of that lynch of MrCelt. But Toaster is the master of the bussing. Go see how he bussed his buddy on BP1 and others, he's the best there is at cunningly using a scumbuddy's blood to wash his hands clean.

Sure, the scum lose some from the sacrifice, but the "confirmed townie" flag is a very coveted perk for scum, and MrCelt wasnt that costly a sacridfice, was he?

...so Toaster, you lynched scum MrCelt. What have you done for town lately? Please be very specific on what you've done for town D3, name top three picks, and say whether you'd consider someone else who lynched a scum while king as confirmed townie or not and explain why in detail.

(I still Oppose D3 extension. Let's get a fucking move on, have the duel between MBP and Shakerag already, since changing of mind would imply extending into fucking 2013. But keep this in mind: let's also reevaluate out collective assumptions, yes? We'll see where we are tomorrow.)
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 24, 2012, 09:25:26 am »

Well, Merry Christmas Bookthras. There aren't any more extensions allowed today, and I'll probably end the Day in a few hours, especially because I can guess there will be about 3 posts today. Anywho, I should probably post a vote count.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Night 2: Discredited
« Reply #482 on: December 24, 2012, 09:30:11 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Jack A T - Shakerag,
Phantom of The Library - zombie urist,
Shakerag - ToonyMan, Jack A T, Hapah,
Toaster -
ToonyMan -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Toaster, Phantom of The Library, Bookthras,
zombie urist -

Not Voting - Mysteriousbluepuppet,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 12 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 24, 2012, 10:24:40 am »

Not much- I admit my head's not much in this game right now.  The low activity makes it hard to get a read on people, and the replacements + rampant lurking on the parts of some isn't helping anything.

What I've done for town today is post what's in my posts- that's a silly question so you get a silly answer.  My top three picks?  First is Tylui/MBP, for reasons I've stated on Tylui, and MBP has done nothing to convince me otherwise (and pretty much nothing in general.)  Second is probably ZombieU, for an attitude I can only describe as "Look at me, I'm being helpful!"  Third?  I would have said Deathsword, but Phantom is doing well enough to attribute Deathsword's issues to legitimate RL issues, so back to Hapah for his itchy multilynch trigger finger.

Confirmed townie?  No.  If you see D2 and write me off as town because of it, you're doing yourself a disservice, because the possibility always exists that a bussing occurred.  It could also mean the king was a third party.  I am town, yes, but D2 does not confirm it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 24, 2012, 11:03:26 am »

Not much- I admit my head's not much in this game right now.  The low activity makes it hard to get a read on people, and the replacements + rampant lurking on the parts of some isn't helping anything.

What I've done for town today is post what's in my posts- that's a silly question so you get a silly answer.  My top three picks?  First is Tylui/MBP, for reasons I've stated on Tylui, and MBP has done nothing to convince me otherwise (and pretty much nothing in general.)  Second is probably ZombieU, for an attitude I can only describe as "Look at me, I'm being helpful!"  Third?  I would have said Deathsword, but Phantom is doing well enough to attribute Deathsword's issues to legitimate RL issues, so back to Hapah for his itchy multilynch trigger finger.

Confirmed townie?  No.  If you see D2 and write me off as town because of it, you're doing yourself a disservice, because the possibility always exists that a bussing occurred.  It could also mean the king was a third party.  I am town, yes, but D2 does not confirm it.

Haven't done much those last few days since christmas is inbound. I won't  post again until the 26th, things are crazy here

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 24, 2012, 12:09:10 pm »

I've just(4 days ago) been informed by wuba that if I don't start posting, he'll be buying me an odd Christmas present. A single boot. I don't really know what to think about this, but I think I'll just save me and him lots of confusion and post so he doesn't have to get me a boot for Christmas. I've never celebrated Christmas so my gifts suck. What's your excuse? Geez

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 24, 2012, 12:33:18 pm »

Nevermind! Good luck MBP and welcome back!

I'm gettin' a booooooooot I'm gettin' a boooooooot!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 24, 2012, 02:10:47 pm »

Webadict suddenly noticed a small gathering of children. As he approached the circle, he heard the all too familiar chant. A fight had broken out. Webadict grabbed the whistle around his neck and blew. None of the kids were listening.

Two children, Mysteriousbluepuppet and Shakerag, were wrestling each other. MBP had Shakerag in a headlock and was trying to hit him in the stomach. Shakerag managed to bust free from the hold and picked up a handful of dirt and threw it into MBP's eyes. As tears streamed from his eyes, MBP threw out a few blind kicks. One of them managed to connect with Shake's stomach, followed by a lucky kick to the face. Shake lost a tooth and some blood.

MBP wiped the dirt from his eyes, and got up. One of the Shake's friends tried to tackle MBP, but missed wildly, scraping his knees on the ground. Webadict finally got to the middle of the circle at this time, and managed to grab MBP only after he punched Shake in the face. Another helper grabbed Shake.

"Get them to the nurse's office, " Webadict yelled. He nearly dragged the screaming kid there, alerting the principal on the way.

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Jack A T - Shakerag,
Phantom of The Library - zombie urist,
Shakerag - ToonyMan, Jack A T, Hapah,
Toaster -
ToonyMan -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Toaster, Phantom of The Library, Bookthras,
zombie urist -

Not Voting - Mysteriousbluepuppet,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 12 PM Central.

Shakerag and Mysteriousbluepuppet are dueling!

Mysteriousbluepuppet has won!

Shakerag was the BYOR 11 role that will make everyone wonder what in the hell webadict was thinking when he created it (town).

It is now Night.

Shakerag - The BYOR 11 role that will make everyone wonder what in the hell webadict was thinking when he created it

Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, Assassin and respective Allies and Brothers)

(Auto) What The Hell: None of your abilities have names. If you wish to action, one will be chosen at random.
(Night) : The voting system for the game becomes Public Debate Forum. Players publicly choose a representative who then chooses whom to lynch.
(Night) : The voting system for the game becomes Election. Town players privately vote for their president who then chooses whom to lynch.
(Night) : The voting system for the game becomes Kingmaker. You become the Kingmaker who chooses the King who then chooses whom to lynch. When the Kingmaker dies, a random Town player becomes Kingmaker.
(Night) : The voting system for the game becomes Normal. Players vote for whom they wish to lynch.
(Night) : The voting system for the game becomes Duel. Players vote for whom they wish to duel. The two or more highest voted players duel. One player is chosen at random to win the duel.
(Night) : The voting system for the game becomes Liar’s Dice. Players are given two 4-sided die. Players bid publicly on the total number of dice held by all players. A player that challenges correctly lynches the previous player. A player that challenges incorrectly is lynched. A player that correctly calls a dead-on call lynches the player of their choice.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Night 3: Matter Of Principal
« Reply #488 on: December 25, 2012, 02:27:27 am »

I know this is a second bah, but that role achieved its name twice over. Good job, Wuba.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 26, 2012, 08:44:10 am »

I know this is a second bah, but that role achieved its name twice over. Good job, Wuba.
Sometimes, I can really nail the role dead on. Unfortunately, I can't do it more often. :(

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 27, 2012, 09:37:03 am »

Webadict washed the last bit of blood off his hands and walked back outside. It was almost over. This long recess was finally coming to an end.

As he exited to the outside through double doors, he saw that the football game was going well. Toaster managed to run all the way to the end and score. When he spiked the ball, however, the ball ricocheted back into his face. Some kids rushed over as he held his nose against a torrent of blood.

Webadict sighed and started jogging over.

Toaster has been killed!

Toaster was t gym, ycv rvtyu8in (mafia).

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Jack A T -
Phantom of The Library -
ToonyMan -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
zombie urist -

Not Voting - Mysteriousbluepuppet, Phantom of The Library, Bookthras, ToonyMan, Jack A T, Hapah, zombie urist,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 12 PM Central.

Toaster - t gym, ycv rvtyu8in

Alignment: Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and all other killing roles are dead.

(Auto) Faceroll - The Rolling Snowball Of Execution: You start the game with 0 points. You may only use actions when you have a greater than or equal amount of points. Each time someone not of your alignment dies, you gain a point. If someone of your alignment dies, you lose all your points.
(Auto) Radio Scrambler (1 Point): You are unblockable.
(Night) Signal Jammer (2 Points) [target]: The target is randomized.
(Auto) Seed Generation (3 Points) [target]: Random actions will always hit the target. You may choose no one to keep actions random.
(Day) Random Hit Generator (5 Points): You kill a random player.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 4: Touchdown
« Reply #491 on: December 27, 2012, 10:39:25 am »

HUBLAAAAARGH
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 27, 2012, 02:30:51 pm »

Okay, some thoughts:

@Bookthras:
Toaster went down in a similar fashion as Leafsnail and I'm curious what you think of that, since you clearly FoS'd both before each day end.
People: during day three Toaster has been getting a free "confirmed townie" pass because of that lynch of MrCelt. But Toaster is the master of the bussing. Go see how he bussed his buddy on BP1 and others, he's the best there is at cunningly using a scumbuddy's blood to wash his hands clean.
That link is nowhere near as substantial.  Toaster's vote wasn't a swing vote in that case, in other words, unless he wanted to tie the vote and fuck himself and his partner the next day there's no way in hell he'd go through with that.  The Mr. Celt lynch was much more concrete and absolute.

I'd also like to hear what you think of Jack AT right now too.

Toaster's last post points suspicions on MBP(Tylui), Zombie Urist(Tiruin), Phantom(Deathsword), and Hapah in a list that incorporates every replaced-in player.

Based on yesterday's day I can still agree MBP is scummy (although it's mainly things that Tylui did and not MBP) and Hapah is being really passive even this late in the game.

Lastly, just to put it out there I can confirm that one or more people targeted me last night with an action.  I most likely wasn't targeted with an action the other two nights but it's not 100% confirmed, unlike last night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 27, 2012, 05:16:43 pm »

Toony:
Toaster went down in a similar fashion as Leafsnail and I'm curious what you think of that, since you clearly FoS'd both before each day end.

Yeah, that's an odd flip. It's less townie-looking than Leaf's, but I would have been much happier if it actually had a "mafiakill" action like MrCelt's did. Still, that random daykill is scum-like enough for me to buy it.

His quick agreement on the Leaf-as-deathmiller theory is puzzling, though, since if Leaf was an actual deathmiller then scum-Toaster should have been interested in preserving the illusion. Unless Toaster was too, but that's suddenly both too many (three so far) and not enough (Dariush and Shake did flip town). On the other hand, if both Toaster and Leaf were scum, then why is the game not over? Three dead mafia and one dead SK sounds to me like town should already have won... unless there's another SK (sounds somewhat unlikely) or a cult (since no one has flipped cult or outed them, if one exists they probably should have won already), and four mafia (plus SK) in a 13p game sounds too much.

Not entirely sure what to make of that yet, but let's call it a good result for now.

As for the FoS, I FoS'd Leaf because he was scummy.  Toaster was less scummy, but that "Just things in general" post seemed too half-assed to be sincere, and when reviewing I saw he had done nothing and indeed basked on the assumptions people made about MrCelt's lynch, so I challenged him on that.

That link is nowhere near as substantial.  Toaster's vote wasn't a swing vote in that case, in other words, unless he wanted to tie the vote and fuck himself and his partner the next day there's no way in hell he'd go through with that.  The Mr. Celt lynch was much more concrete and absolute.
Right, when I posted I was hoping Toaster himself would ask that question, so I could reply with BSER where he decisively broke the tie lynching his buddy and Shortened[1], and I was baiting Toaster to ask for it, but he didn't. There are other examples, I'm sure.

(Unrelated: but that BP1 bus was more cunning and influential than you give it credit; remember, he had it there for days and could have moved to Janus or Org early enough to increase a wagon to spare Dariush, but he didn't)

I'd also like to hear what you think of Jack AT right now too.
Nothing much has changed. My gut still says he is scummy due to interactions with/about MrCelt, and his sporadic activity doesn't help much, but I don't really have more than that to form a case on him.

As for suspicions, MBP and Zombie are at the top at the moment. I would like both to give their reads on the situation, what do they think about remaining factions, top suspicions and any information they can share. Jack, you too please.

PS: I totally called it that Shakerag was behind the voting crazyness (yeah, not too esoteric a guess, but still). Too bad he flipped town instead of Outsider, but man, I won't miss that bit. Glad it never rolled "liar's dice voting system."
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 27, 2012, 07:14:04 pm »

Yeah, that's an odd flip. It's less townie-looking than Leaf's, but I would have been much happier if it actually had a "mafiakill" action like MrCelt's did. Still, that random daykill is scum-like enough for me to buy it.
Even though no town died N3?  This was a point you brought up against me for the N1 case.  Random daykills sound like a BYOR vigilante to me.  I also need to add now that Shakerag flipped town, and he had a gut feeling your deathmiller claim is bogus.

I do have to agree that at least one of these mafiaflips (excluding Mr. Celt's) is fake though, unfortunately.  Four mafia and a serial killer would be really pushing it for a 13-player game.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44