Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104661 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 3: No More Finals
« Reply #465 on: December 21, 2012, 12:34:36 am »

Well Dariush died N2 and since you targeted him that night, well, its kinda suspicious y'know?
Yes it is.  Can you tell us exactly what you did to Dariush N2 MBP?  I don't understand why you're being vague at this point unless you can't think of a lie.

Toony
Blocked Dariush Day 1
Scanned Dariush Day 2 with a 1-shot. He was town, obviously. I got a tracking power and another I won't disclose before everyone comes clean.

Phantom
No. As you will see, I tend to be rather blunt with people, especially when they are wrong.

Jack AT
Yeah,sorry for that, first language is not English, so if i don't take my time it is a bit mangled. I also often type like a retard, so yeah typos will happen, a lot

Basically, the reasoning is that mafia, between choosing to eliminate someone directly ( Mafiakill) vs Poisoning (delayed kill) will choose to Mafiakill, since it removes an adversary right now. It's one less person that could vote against them and reduce their numbers. Reduced mafia as less votes to save themselves, and reduced ability pools to choose from.
An example would be a game with 10 players, 3 mafia. If they poison, they need 2 more votes for a no-kill. If they used mafiakill, those 2 votes would give em a town kill and a possible lylo the next day.  Mafiakilling is more efficient in all way unless you know you are being tracked, or you want to go for some heavy metagaming, but most of the times those strategies crumble anyway.

As for the suspect, nothing just yet. Quite frankly, I have trouble following 30 page of intermingled conversations. Probably gonna take a look at the votes, normally a good way to spot em.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 21, 2012, 12:46:38 am »

Looking at the votes, choice would be between Book, Toony, Hapah, Toaster and you Jack, if we go for strict mafia voting. Both confirmed mafia voted for Urist. My brain is saying to me that they would not be as stupid as to all vote for the same people, but then again i've seen it happen. Day 2 is fucked, which is maddening. Day 3 won't be better for that.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 21, 2012, 04:46:12 am »

What, another extension? Yeah, I get that new players coming in sort of requires one extension, but two? This would extend the day to fucking Monday again... Day 3 has now been going on for over ten wall-clock days, fourteen if extended to Monday. Extending to Monday I think is excessive, especially if the conclusions are pretty much forgone.

Phantom's arguments about Deathsword are persuasive. I am in favour of having the duel be between MBP/Tylui and Shakerag instead. If you do as well, please make sure your vote reflects that, taking care of hammers or last-minute shenanigans, but please let's not this day drag on for another week.

Wuba, please process only a limited extension to Friday (21st), not Monday (24th), and give us a current and accurate vote count.

I'll place my vote to facilitate the above after the votecount. It'll be two weeks of this duel shit by Monday, let's get a fucking move on already.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 21, 2012, 02:24:42 pm »

Lunchbreak!

Book: We only gave them one extension, though. Didn't we? (The first passed before we had anyone replace in, I think).

I can confirm that PotL/Deathsword used a track ability on N1, though I can't confirm the target. More interestingly, he used two abilities N1.

Quote from: Toaster
Let me put it this way, then: would you lynch the one that is wrong?
Not unless they were demonstrably wrong and belligerent about it. There's a difference between trying to figure out where someone is coming from and being loud and hoping your accusations stick. Toony was wrong, but he backed down once he realized it.

Quote from: Toaster
Oh hey, here you go trying to set up a chain lynch again.
Dammit man, read my last post. If I wanted to hammer the shit out of everyone I could've done it already.

Votecount is the same as it was before, as best I can tell (reply 434). I'm good with a Shakerag vote over either MBP or PotL, at the very least until he shows his face and starts talking/playing.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 21, 2012, 03:34:48 pm »

N2: For some reason chooses not to track anyone that night, and instead chooses to do something else.
Does this mean Deathsword decided not to use his track ability N2?  "Chooses to do something else" is too vague.
So, from what I can see:
1. Phantom tracks MBP N1 and sees he's targeting Dariush.
2. Phantom does something else N2 while MBP does something to Dariush again?
You are correct, Deathsword did not use his tracking ability N2 and instead used another ability.  I personally would have used the tracking ability as I find it more useful in general and would be of more help in this situation, but I then again I don't have the ability to see into the future so... ¯\(-_-)/¯
Okay.

Well Dariush died N2 and since you targeted him that night, well, its kinda suspicious y'know?
Yes it is.  Can you tell us exactly what you did to Dariush N2 MBP?  I don't understand why you're being vague at this point unless you can't think of a lie.
Toony
Blocked Dariush Day 1
Scanned Dariush Day 2 with a 1-shot. He was town, obviously. I got a tracking power and another I won't disclose before everyone comes clean.
You have a 50/50 chance of dying tonight, unless you're going to gamble that chance or manage to shake your votes off I would try to give as much information as possible.  This is why you see people role-claim before dying in a vain attempt to "come clean".

Also I don't understand why you would use a block before a scan.

@Bookthras:
It's true that extending this too long can get exhausting, but if we let the day end last night we would have had four people in the dueling ground, something you yourself weren't in favor of.  If we can get a consensus by today I don't really mind then.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 21, 2012, 03:36:58 pm »

Votecount is the same as it was before, as best I can tell (reply 434). I'm good with a Shakerag vote over either MBP or PotL, at the very least until he shows his face and starts talking/playing.
That's an unreasonable last statement since he has been around.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 21, 2012, 04:06:51 pm »

Fuck me if i know. I was not the one making those decisions, Tylui was. It's kind of a mess.

I gave the relevant information. the rest will come soon, if I survive

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 21, 2012, 08:07:53 pm »

If we can get a consensus by today I don't really mind then.
Right, so let's get that consensus then:

Dammit man, read my last post. If I wanted to hammer the shit out of everyone I could've done it already.
Really? You can't hammer now, and as far as I recall, you may have been able to hammer only Deathsword for a limited window of time. Perhaps you were reluctant to do it not because you are sooo townie, but because Deathsword (now Phantom) is your scumbuddy? But interestingly, now you say you can confirm his actions too. You say he used a track N1, and two actions N2. Do you know which two actions?

I still think Jack and Hapah are scummy, and while Phantom's defence has been pretty good, it doesn't exculpate Deathsword's scumminess entirely, especially when put in context with some of Hapah's comments. Still, I don't think a consensus is going to form around any of these today, and Tylui/MBP and Shake are plenty scummy on their own right, so let's get this duel thing over with already, and revisit these scums tomorrow with more data.

Right, I thought there had been more voting going on. OK then, MBP (Tylui). By my unofficial count, this brings it to:

Quote from: unofficial count
Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Jack A T - Shakerag,
Phantom of The Library - zombie urist,
Shakerag - ToonyMan, Jack A T, Hapah
Toaster -
ToonyMan -
MBP/Tylui - Toaster, Phantom of The Library, Bookthras, 
zombie urist -

Not Voting - MBP/Tylui,

If I could have hammered it right now, I would have. I still think this has gone on long enough, people have said pretty much all they were going to say, and lurking the weekend away again makes for a boring game. Let's get a move on.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 21, 2012, 08:59:00 pm »

Quick post before I'm occupied for a while

Book: If I had hammered Tylui with this post, it would have commited four people to the duel.

And no, I said he used two actions N1. I don't know what he did N2.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 21, 2012, 09:14:05 pm »

Hm. Fair enough, I missed that. Phantom: what do you say about that second action on N1?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 22, 2012, 12:33:23 am »

Phantom: what do you say about that second action on N1?

He is telling the truth and correct in saying that Deathsword used two actions on N1.  However, I cannot reveal what the second action was without essentially doing a full claim of my role, and I've already made my stance on that clear. 

No useful information or other effect was gained anyway, the action was more or less a flop, so I don't see any advantage that the town would gain by revealing it.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 22, 2012, 01:09:40 am »

I find the fact that you didn't mention the second action at all suspicious. This is slightly compounded by you dismissing it as more or less useless.

I felt it was needed to explain my predecessors actions, and it seemed like useful information to present to the town.
Why did you feel such a thing was needed?

Hapah: can you tell us more about the second action Potl did?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 22, 2012, 01:35:27 am »

I felt it was needed to explain my predecessors actions, and it seemed like useful information to present to the town.
Why did you feel such a thing was needed?

To explain why I think he continued tunneling Tylui at the expense of everything else going into D3, as I already said here:

the best I can come up with to explain his actions is this:

-snip-

D3: Sees Dariush die, possibly concludes that he was Poisoned by Tylui, so he continues to press him, then quits due to the stress which was impacting his performance.

Otherwise, I don't know why (other than stress and lack of time) he would continually chase after that one person at the expense of everything else.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 22, 2012, 01:40:15 pm »

My activity will be limited from the 25th to the 28th.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 22, 2012, 03:14:36 pm »

MBP:
On what things, toaster ?

Just things in general.

Zombie U:
I find the fact that you didn't mention the second action at all suspicious. This is slightly compounded by you dismissing it as more or less useless.

Why don't you role fish some more? 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44