Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104703 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 3: No More Finals
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2012, 02:57:18 pm »

Wait Deathsword is in this game?  :o
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2012, 03:47:18 pm »

Yes. Look at the OP if you doubt.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2012, 06:31:55 pm »

@Bookthras:
You know what, yeah you're right.  I'll back off and think this through again. Unvote Bookthras.

Toony:  I tend to agree that you're tunnelling Book.  Who else do you suspect and why?
I'll put one on Shakerag.  I don't feel comfortable with a Tylui lynch because he hasn't been playing the game since D1; no read.  My second pick would be Zombie Urist if I had two votes:
Shakerag - hasn't posted this game day but was last on a couple hours ago, being a hypocrite.
Zombie Urist - suspicious of my reasons for voting non-town UI without giving exact reasons, active-lurking.
I probably would have voted ZU instead, but Shakerag's lack of appearance while actively participating prior needs to be pressured.

ToonyMan: If you were a town deathmiller, would you treat it strategically as if you were a town inspectmiller?  Why?
What do you mean by treat it strategically?  If I was a miller of any sort I would make claim of it D1.  I'm under the suspicion Leafsnail was miller-killed D1 or something similar.  My stupid reasoning I made for BYOR8 due to skimming backs this up with tricky mafia roles I feel I'm being too stubborn about.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2012, 11:41:00 pm »

This is suspect.   It's indirect, but I see you trying to set up a "one or the other must be scum" mentality here.
That wasn't my intention. Their argument is/was the most interesting thing happening, though, and I think Book's argument makes more sense.

Tylui: Glad everything turned out okay; life before Mafia always. If you can, try to let somebody know though (if you didn't). I know it's not always possible, but it helps.

(and give us that post, when you can)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 17, 2012, 02:36:12 am »

ToonyMan: If you were a town deathmiller, would you treat it strategically as if you were a town inspectmiller?  Why?
What do you mean by treat it strategically?  If I was a miller of any sort I would make claim of it D1.  I'm under the suspicion Leafsnail was miller-killed D1 or something similar.  My stupid reasoning I made for BYOR8 due to skimming backs this up with tricky mafia roles I feel I'm being too stubborn about.
ToonyMan: I'd reword the question, but you answered my intended interpretation of the question.
Why are you now thinking Leafsnail was "miller-killed?"  That's quite a change in opinion, if I'm interpreting it correctly.  Just to make sure: By "miller-killed", you mean that he was killed in a way that falsified his roleflip or alignment flip?

Also, one of your statements from your Bookthras attacks still baffles me.  I'd like you to answer the questions I asked after the deathmiller strategy question.

Hello everyone. First off I'd like to apologize for my absense... A cloase family member who lives 4 hours away was in the hospital, and we didn't think she'd make it. Luckily she did, but everything else in my life kinda was put on hold and, frankly, I forgot about this game until a couple of nights ago. The 13th and 14th I was cowering from the gigantic amount of text I'm going to have to read to make a post.

It might still be a couple of or several hours until I respond to all the old stuff, but there is a large, boring reply incoming later today.
Tylui: Ah.  Understood.  Still, could you please get that promised post in, or at least a statement of why it's not here?

Zombie Urist: Please actually answer my question.  You clearly have the time to post (granted, it's the time to post a six-word sentence saying what can charitably be called a lurking accusation, but still).  Why not answer questions while at it?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Night 2: Discredited
« Reply #410 on: December 17, 2012, 08:41:08 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Deathsword -
Hapah -
Jack A T - Bookthras,
Shakerag - ToonyMan,
Toaster -
ToonyMan -
Tylui - Toaster, zombie urist, Jack A T, Deathsword,
zombie urist -

Not Voting - Hapah, Shakerag, Tylui,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 17, 2012, 02:49:47 pm »

Why are you now thinking Leafsnail was "miller-killed?"  That's quite a change in opinion, if I'm interpreting it correctly.  Just to make sure: By "miller-killed", you mean that he was killed in a way that falsified his roleflip or alignment flip?
Yeah, it would be a mafia ability.  I don't think he is a miller himself because you would claim that.  Seeing from previous games an ability like this could easily be made.  Leafsnail would have been a prime target for this N1 as well after his attack on UI.  I'm changing my opinion because it's better to be wise and think this through and not stubborn, especially if my case is ineffective.

Also, one of your statements from your Bookthras attacks still baffles me.  I'd like you to answer the questions I asked after the deathmiller strategy question.
Sure, Leaf behaved scummily D1, but his flip details give reason to doubt his actual alignment was mafia. You are free to disagree, but when you base that disagreement on lies, faulty logic, and wilful ignorance of facts (like, say, implications of the lack of other kills N1), it reads more like an argument a scum would present to defend a bullshit case.
Except Leafsnail's role could go the exact opposite way trying to make you think he was mafia.  The title implies it's using WIFOM (Conspiracy Theorist) so you should be basing this on how he acted while he was alive and what his actual flip was.  Your confidence in Leafsnail certainly being town feels too sure like you know what his real alignment is. 
Just to be clear: You're saying that Leafsnail's roleflip may or may not be a huge mass of WIFOM, and that you agree with the Dariush interpretation of the flip.  Thus, because the roleflip could be a mass of WIFOM, Bookthras should base his actions on Leafsnail's behaviour and..."what his actual flip was."  Right?  Why exactly does this much admitted WIFOM with the flip make it a good idea to depend on said flip for information?  At all?
It doesn't really.  I would keep the actual behavior bit, but the actual flip could easily be falsified or redacted.  I wish the game wasn't this bastard, but I haven't played a BYOR in awhile.  I still feel under the impression Leaf was acting scummy D1, but that doesn't mean much because I could easily be wrong and have been.

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.
@Shakerag:
Gonna go this whole day without posting huh, why this day?

@Hapah:
You're here and not voting, why?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 2: Take Me To Your Leader
« Reply #412 on: December 17, 2012, 04:26:58 pm »

Don't forget he claimed regular miller D1.  Why would a PGO claim miller?  If he wanted to drive away cops, that is potentially a townie fake claim, to protect cops from dying on him.
That is true, yes.  But if you assume Bookthras is scum it makes a bit more sense.  Having someone say "Hey, I'll flip non-town on death, but my flip won't have my death-miller ability, so please come and inspect me because it'll totally show up on inspect while I'm alive" gives me weird vibes.  Granted, having the ability causing death-millerness show up on the flip would kind of defeat the purpose, but it was more about the way he said it.
Are you saying Bookthras is scum here?

Dariush for president, if only to block Toaster from getting it, as he seems awfully buddy-buddy with ToonyMan and Jack A T.
SHAKERAG IS BUDDYING WITH DARIUSH
I'm saying that I'm concerned Bookthras is scum.  I'm not 100% sure, but something about the way he seemed to be asking people to inspect him before he flipped gave me a bit of a gut reaction. 

Also: Hur hur hur. 

Of course I stand by it, I said so earlier. Your reading comprehension needs work. Here, I'll rephrase: being a miller generally sucks. Toaster's thing does not alleviate the sucking in any way. It's not without merit (i.e., it's a valid way to handle it) but the intrinsic suckness is undiminished, therefore it sucks as a way to reduce the sucking.
Okay.  The way I read what you said in BYOR9 was that Toaster's "miller thing" (being that one claims miller first post) was a poor way to handle being a miller, and that you disagreed with the tactic of claiming miller first post.  Therefore, one would conclude that you wouldn't claim miller first post after that point, which is what set off alarms in this game.

Assuming this is because I said they were townie enough, why do you not say I'm buddying with Hapah?  Why is this relevant anyway?  We're trying to get town kinged today.
It's been a while since I went back and read the earlier days, but I remember thinking that you three seemed to be supporting each other kind of closely and voting on the same lines.  Often enough that it seemed odd to me.  Hapah wasn't giving off the same buddy-buddy vibe.

Shakerag: Please explain how Toaster buddying makes Toony and I FoSworthy.
Because I'm suspecting you're all a scumteam, yeah?

Just going to throw a vote on Tylui until he shows up or something else.
Just going to throw a vote on zombie urist until he scumhunts or something else.

@Shakerag:
I was busy, cockhole.  And why this day what?  Also ... are you seriously trying to sell us on the idea that Leafsnail was "miller-killed"?  Seriously, ToonyMan?

I'd also like to hear more from Deathsword, Tylui, Shakerag and Zombie: please give your top scumpicks with reasons, and ask the others a question.
Tylui, because of all the stuff that I brought up in D1 that he hasn't adressed. And since he has reappeared, I'd like to know if he has anything to say about all that.
Thanks for dropping by, Deathsword.  Feel free to stop in tomorrow with another couple of lines. 

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2012, 05:16:32 pm »

PFP

Careful with those votes, we're hammer minus one, I think. It'd be a freaking bloodbath, lol.

Quote from: Toony
@Hapah:
I try not to make many posts on the weekend, and I was hoping to get Tylui's post in as well.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2012, 05:20:41 pm »

PFP

Careful with those votes, we're hammer minus one, I think. It'd be a freaking bloodbath, lol.

@Hapah:
I try not to make many posts on the weekend, and I was hoping to get Tylui's post in as well.
Holy shit, you're right.

Jack A T just to avoid hammer shenanigans.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2012, 05:23:40 pm »

Unvote.

Is he scummy for it, or do you just not agree?
Just disagree.

Yes. Look at the OP if you doubt.
Why haven't you been playing?

Zombie Urist: Please actually answer my question.  You clearly have the time to post (granted, it's the time to post a six-word sentence saying what can charitably be called a lurking accusation, but still).  Why not answer questions while at it?
It takes more time to answer questions. Anyways the thing about D2 was that the specific lynches were the 2 most obvious choice for lynches and the reasons were the obvious reasons everyone could see.

You're the only one not voting since Tylui's not gonna hammer himself.  :P

Deathsword. This post looks too much like a bus. Also too many of your posts are "here's my list of reasons for Tylui from D1".

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2012, 05:24:30 pm »

Holy shit, you're right.
Jack A T just to avoid hammer shenanigans.
How does this help and who is your actual top scumpick?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2012, 05:31:29 pm »

Don't forget he claimed regular miller D1.  Why would a PGO claim miller?  If he wanted to drive away cops, that is potentially a townie fake claim, to protect cops from dying on him.
That is true, yes.  But if you assume Bookthras is scum it makes a bit more sense.  Having someone say "Hey, I'll flip non-town on death, but my flip won't have my death-miller ability, so please come and inspect me because it'll totally show up on inspect while I'm alive" gives me weird vibes.  Granted, having the ability causing death-millerness show up on the flip would kind of defeat the purpose, but it was more about the way he said it.
Are you saying Bookthras is scum here?
I'm saying that I'm concerned Bookthras is scum.  I'm not 100% sure, but something about the way he seemed to be asking people to inspect him before he flipped gave me a bit of a gut reaction. 
That's true, but gut reactions don't really go too far without voting him at least, and your lack of even a FoS on him in your newest post (flooding with FoS) is discouraging.

@Shakerag:
I was busy, cockhole.  And why this day what?  Also ... are you seriously trying to sell us on the idea that Leafsnail was "miller-killed"?  Seriously, ToonyMan?
I'm not a cockhole. :<  By "this day" I mean D3.  I was suspecting why today was strange for you to post when you were normally active the last two game days.  Why is it ridiculous to assume Leafsnail's flip?

PPE:
@Hapah:
I'll ignore the first half I guess (it would explain Shakerag too), but that second half is just waiting for your target to post from my interpretation, which seems a bit fishy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »

@Hapah:
I'll ignore the first half I guess (it would explain Shakerag too), but that second half is just waiting for your target to post from my interpretation, which seems a bit fishy.
You have to admit though, he's a bit of an unknown. I was hoping to get something out of the guy. If he doesn't show up I wouldn't mind him being in the duel.

Speaking of which, we need to figure out how in the hell we're going to handle the lynch today. Even if there's one clear person that we want to lynch, it's not as easy as it looks at first blush. If there's only two people in the duel, the prime suspect still has a 50/50 to survive. Which means we can either put in two people that we wouldn't mind seeing lynched and taking whatever outcome results, or cram in three or four to have a better shot at lynching the target(s). I'm in favor of the first option, personally.

It looks like Tylui will likely be one of our duelists. Jack, Shake, and ZU all have votes, but I don't know who I'd want to see duel. Gotta go AFK for a bit, but I'll post again later tonight.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 18, 2012, 12:31:32 am »

That post is going to have to wait, will post in the morning. Hopefully I won't be the only one!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44