Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104821 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 2: Take Me To Your Leader
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2012, 04:38:34 pm »

PFP

Also remember to bold your votes I saw a couple that weren't
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »

I had to go to the hospital today and am in no state to read what was posted since I last checked this thread, much less vote. In short, I am simply in no condition to play today, I am sorry for any inconvenience this causes, if any.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 05, 2012, 06:55:01 pm »

Fuck, forgot to post anything yesterday.

Toony, Hapah, and Jack all seem reasonably townie enough so far.
Toaster: Why?

Dariush for president, if only to block Toaster from getting it, as he seems awfully buddy-buddy with ToonyMan and Jack A T.
Shakerag: Please explain how Toaster buddying makes Toony and I FoSworthy.

I don't like how little of an idea I have about who Toaster would vote, but he's promising the chance to argue for/against it.  The MrCelt lynch Dariush wants isn't something I'm convinced on, and that's guaranteed.

Toaster, I guess.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Sign-Ups [FULL!]
« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2012, 11:09:25 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Dariush - Dariush, zombie urist, Shakerag,
Deathsword -
Hapah -
Jack A T -
MrCelt -
Shakerag -
Toaster - Toaster, ToonyMan, Bookthras, Hapah, Jack A T,
ToonyMan -
Tylui -
zombie urist -

Not Voting - Tylui, MrCelt, Deathsword,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Toaster has been elected representative!

Day Ends Thursday 9 PM Central.

Sorry I've been really flaky, guys.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2012, 11:58:47 pm »

Well then.  There are only two real choices, and they're MrCelt and Tylui.

MrCelt starts with an anemic RVS, and finally gives us this post:

MrCelt: Again, please give your opinion on pretty much anything going on in this game.  RVS is over.  It's been over for quite some time now.

Let me reread and  I'll get back to you, been mostly paying attention to the attention on me and re-reading old BMs/BYORs.

There's nothing inherently wrong here, but he is promising "more later," a phrase those who have played with me before know I take interest in.  This is what we get:

What I don't like is the bandwagon on UI, he claimed survivor, yes, and while that may be detrimental to town in the future, there are many other things we should focus on instead of lynching someone who's only win condition is not to be lynched.

He does take a stand on the "should UI be lynched" issue, which is good, but he doesn't actually follow through with any scum hunting.  Then this happens:

PFP

Sorry folks, it's been a hell of a couple days.

Going to go ahead and put my vote on Urist Imiknorris. While I don't think Leaf smells like roses (though I'm having trouble following the different cases against him), lynching a Survivor (or potentially worse) isn't a bad move. He's an unreliable ally at best and a scum asset (or some hostile 3rd party) at worst.

For this reason, Urist Imiknorris..

Not only is this a direct contradiction of his last post, but he executes the most flagrant bandwagon hammer I have ever seen.  Clearly he's just voting someone to look like he's doing something.

D2 he opens with an excuse post with regards to his hammer.  Any reasoning he posted should have been said with the vote, not after the fact.

However, It must be said, we did at least hammer on a serial killer.

He ends that post with this line- a deflection away from his actions, bringing in knowledge he couldn't have had at the time.  Not a good sign.  His follow up is an attempt to blackmail the town; another black mark.

Finally, he claims clueless newbie who is willing to go past what he's done and perform some actual scumhunting in atonement for his sins.  This is the correct thing to do at this point; convince us he's the wrong person to lynch because he has found an even better target.

However, that was his last post in the game.

As for Tylui, much of my issue with him I've already addressed.  I'll quote my material and review the rest.

Tylui:
I originally started looking at Leafsnail because his comments about/to Dariush were interesting, but I didn't read that far into it. Then he and UI started going back and forth. They both kept making themselves look worse in general, but I have no reason to act on UI's claim. I'm assuming an investigative-type will find out the truth on that soon enough.

Two issues with this.  One, you're expecting a potential inspector to use a night's action on someone who already has a 0% chance to be town.  Two, you're expecting them to claim to confirm this.  No one in their right mind is going to claim cop to save a survivor, and if the result is Mafia, why not just remain silent and wait for their still-likely lynch?  No, better to save the inspect for someone else.

Tylui:
Now, Deathsword, although you have me in your sights, what do you think about the Leafsnail vs UI sitch. Who would you vote for, and why?

This is scummy.  You're setting them against each other, in a MUST LYNCH ONE OR OTHER situation.  You leave no option for "lynch neither."  Convenient for you if, say, you're scum and know neither of them is your scumbuddy.

Much has been made of Tylui's vote on Leafsnail.  While I agree he should have made his reasoning clear, it is true that he had been pressuring Leafsnail earlier.  What I take more exception is his previous post- his unvote of Dariush.  In the Leafsnail vote post, he explains why he unvoted Dariush, which is problematic as it is done after the fact.  Why not say all this when actually unvoting him?

Look at Urist's roleclaim. He's unkillable by scum. I'll have to think about how I would personally play with such a role, but initially, I think I would side with the town. The only why I can die, other than crazy role powers, is to be lynched by the town. If you can't be hurt by the mafia, do you side with them or play against them?

This is awfully defensive of UI.  He's already claimed Survivor so, at this point, is almost assuredly not town.  Why would anyone town defend someone not town?  I don't like it.

Unvote

Tylui: Let's see if I understand it right: you build a case on Dariush, keep pushing it for half of D1, then suddenly you drop it and vote Leafsnail without giving any reason at all. That must have been the most shameless bandwagon I have ever seen in my short time playing the game.

You're right! It was a pretty shameless bandwagon, but that's because I believe in it.

If it's an honest vote, it's not a bandwagon.  Saying it is looks bad for you regardless.

My quotes at the start cover the rest of his D1 content.  On D2 he has posted zero times, making him mostly just need a replacement.

Now, I am leaning toward a MrCelt lynch.  Tylui (or a replacement) can be examined tomorrow, because he hasn't done anything at all today.

MrCelt and Tylui:  Now is the time to say anything in your defense.  If you want me to take your defenses seriously, please explain to me who I should be voting instead.

I will be pulling the trigger shortly before 5 PM EST, which is about 17 hours from this post.  If you have any thoughts, concerns, or better suggestions, speak now or forever hold your peace.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2012, 12:01:03 am »

MrCelt and Tylui have been prodded.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2012, 12:57:00 am »

Are we still allowed to talk? Pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2012, 01:20:07 am »

Are we still allowed to talk? Pfp
Yes, yes you all are...judging from what Toaster said.

~~~

Also, Tiruin, shouldn't you be quiet since you replaced out and stuff?
Yes, but I'm pointing it out so others won't. Will return to silence now. This post has been edited to accommodate this reply.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:04:28 am by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 06, 2012, 09:00:55 am »

I don't see why not, given the thread is unlocked.

Also, compare BYOR 10,  when there was a restriction on who could talk.

Also, Tiruin, shouldn't you be quiet since you replaced out and stuff?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 06, 2012, 09:03:53 am »

Oh well, luck wasn't on my side. At least now I have gotten over the most difficult part and now can return to normal activity.

Toony:
I am not very confident how he played off Leafsnail D1 and today he's making an aggressive stance on a Mr. Celt lynch, possibly hoping to grab the nomination and fire away safely
Wait whut. 'Fire away safely'... unto whom?
Mr. Celt!  I shouldn't have used play on words.
This is bullshit. Yes, instalynching MrC was exactly what I was going to do. Is that a reason to choose Toaster over me?
Toony, Hapah, and Jack all seem reasonably townie enough so far.  I'd vote for them if a vote for Toaster didn't go anywhere.
Toaster
How did the quoted paragraph influence your vote?
Toaster posted and showed he was here, something that was lacking prior.  My timing with Toaster has been bad lately anyway.
This is bullshit x2. Why did you choose Toaster merely because 'he's here'? Doesn't such things as alignment matter for your choice? Also, what the fuck was the last sentence supposed to refer to?
Book, why did you choose to wait until the middle of D2 to claim your deathmillership?
I don't know maybe because he's lying and thought something up clever.
Book, why did you choose to wait until the middle of D2 to claim your deathmillership?
I don't know maybe because he's lying and thought something up clever.
Why are you answering for him?
I'm not.  Are you going to explain why my reasoning for Urist Imik was scummy D1 or continue to active-lurk?
You are answering for him and deflecting the question for absolutely no reason. Explain.
Dariush for president, if only to block Toaster from getting it, as he seems awfully buddy-buddy with ToonyMan and Jack A T.
SHAKERAG IS BUDDYING WITH DARIUSH
Was this sarcasm? If yes, why did you think writing this was a good idea? Do you think it is funny? Do you think it somehow contributes to finding scum?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 06, 2012, 11:21:25 am »

PFP

Having a hard time disagreeing Toaster. I was going to say that maybe MrCelt could be excused from hammering if his excuse post was good and he was PFP since he's new, but his excuse was about three sentences. For some reason I recalled it being longer. He should've been able to add it into his hammer post unless his house was burning down or something.

DS: Get well soon?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 06, 2012, 11:36:34 am »

Nobody else?  I drop the hammer in about five hours from now.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 06, 2012, 02:43:57 pm »

What Zombie said, pretty much. They both smell more of cluelessness than scum to me, but are still sufficiently scummy to hang, and if they're not going to defend themselves, it's their own damned fault. I would have preferred to have a stronger scum candidate hang, but I can't confidently say who that would be.

Either of your proposals are perfectly adequate choices. If anything, my only misgiving would be precisely that they are merely adequate, but I can't offer a better one.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 06, 2012, 04:33:59 pm »

Hapah: Thanks.

Anyway, I think Tiluy should still be lynched (although I don't really mind if Mr Celt dies either, since he is scummy as well), especially since he is supposed to be the more experienced than Mr Celt, and, thus, more of a threat (in theory).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44