Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104805 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 2: Take Me To Your Leader
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:58 am »

Web:  So votes are actually votes for the king of the day?  When deadline/hammer hits, is there a time for the winner to choose?
Yes. The deadline sets for when they are elected representative, and then they choose someone to lynch.

Wuba: Is the system change for one day only? How much time will the elected guy have to choose whom to lynch? Will we be able to change votes once they are cast or are they set in stone? What happens on a tie?
I don't know. The elected guy will have 24 hours to lynch someone. You can cast votes similar to normal. In the event of a tie, no one is elected, and you all will be made fun of.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 01, 2012, 01:52:51 am »

Shakerag: Are you voting Bookthras as king or as lynchee?

Ahh shit.  This is going to take some getting used to.  Unvote.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2012, 05:47:35 am »

Mr Celt: What the fuck was that hammer, lurkscum?
You seem to be exceptionally upset at Mr.Celt.
Because hammering out of nowhere isn't something to be upset about, right?

I can guarantee that Dariush will send Mr.Celt to the concentration camp as the first act of his glorious presidency.

Shakerag, why did you lie about the PPE? The last post with the questions about the voting system (mine) came three hours before yours.

Also, I just thought of something. Leaf was a Conspiracy Theorist. Isn't that just the role to have towny abilities and scum flip, to spawn doubts and suspicions?

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 01, 2012, 07:53:43 am »

Why I hammered: I guess I'm plain retarded, I didn't know by me voting it would be me hammering, (I guess I have not been paying enough attention to this game) and there were no arguments for not lynching him, when I tried to say "well, is it really a good idea to lynch the survivor?" I got bombarded with "No, he's either survivor who will scumside, or scum".

However, It must be said, we did at least hammer on a serial killer.
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2012, 08:20:50 am »

Justifying your actions using arguments you couldn't know at the time, not justifying the horrible bandwagon (whether it was hammering or not) and, using your own explanation, there's no point in not lynching you. Die, scum.

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2012, 08:44:00 am »

Justifying your actions using arguments you couldn't know at the time, not justifying the horrible bandwagon (whether it was hammering or not) and, using your own explanation, there's no point in not lynching you. Die, scum.
Horrible bandwagon? It was a lynch on a survivor. From my anecdotal experience, they nearly always side with mafia, or are falseclaimed by mafia in order to live.

No point in not lynching me? I'll die, and you'll be one step closer to lylo, which, by the way, is the argument many people used against lynching the survivor.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2012, 08:57:33 am »

Horrible bandwagon? It was a lynch on a survivor. From my anecdotal experience, they nearly always side with mafia, or are falseclaimed by mafia in order to live.
Aw, you're so cute, ignoring everything everyone else said about your vote today and two out of three arguments I gave you in the very post you quoted. But very well, I'll repeat it the third (at least) time: YOU DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT UI EARLIER, YOU DUMBFUCK.
No point in not lynching me? I'll die, and you'll be one step closer to lylo
Aw, you're so cute, blackmailing the town. Too bad that the first scum tactic you learned is the one that hasn't worked a single time ever.

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 01, 2012, 10:37:12 am »

You know what? fuck it. I'm a clueless newbie, I have no clue how to play this, and I messed up quite badly, but I'm sure this time that has been used questioning me could be used much better if we actually scumhunted instead of acting on my blatant error.

To prove that I've been reading and attempting to apply basic knowledge of basic mafia, I'm going to reread the thread and post some scumhunting, which I admit, I haven't done yet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Sign-Ups [FULL!]
« Reply #323 on: December 01, 2012, 11:05:12 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Dariush - Dariush,
Deathsword -
Hapah -
Jack A T -
MrCelt -
Shakerag -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
ToonyMan -
Tylui -

Not Voting - Tiruin, Tylui, ToonyMan, Jack A T, Toaster, Bookthras, Hapah, MrCelt, Deathsword, Shakerag,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 01, 2012, 11:30:45 am »

ZU: Because that was the most outrageous bandwagon/hammer I've seen, and by a lurker no less. Yes, UI turned out to be a SK, but it still doens't excuse Mr Celt's action.

Mr Celt
Dariush already

No point in not lynching me? I'll die, and you'll be one step closer to lylo, which, by the way, is the argument many people used against lynching the survivor.
It was a bandwagon because not only you contradicted yourself but you also didn't even try to come up a lazy excuse for that hammer vote. Also, as pointed out by Dariush, you are trying to use one of the last successful tactics in Mafia in your second line.

Why I hammered: I guess I'm plain retarded, I didn't know by me voting it would be me hammering, (I guess I have not been paying enough attention to this game) and there were no arguments for not lynching him, when I tried to say "well, is it really a good idea to lynch the survivor?" I got bombarded with "No, he's either survivor who will scumside, or scum".

However, It must be said, we did at least hammer on a serial killer.
A bandwagon hammer on a SK is still a bandwagon hammer.

You know what? fuck it. I'm a clueless newbie, I have no clue how to play this, and I messed up quite badly, but I'm sure this time that has been used questioning me could be used much better if we actually scumhunted instead of acting on my blatant error.
You mean like all the scumhunting you did?

FYI: People are scumhunting. On you, to be more specfic.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 01, 2012, 11:47:23 am »

MrCelt,  if you were mayor,  who would you lynch?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 01, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »

Extend personal stuff.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2012, 10:30:50 am »

PFP

Blech. RL has gotten a little...hectic. Sorry if my posts seem rushed as a result.

Please extend, doesn't look like we've done much of anything and day ends today. I guess we should be discussing who we want to be king-for-a-day, yeah? And that person can (hopefully) vote the way we want them to. I guess it comes down to who you trust, which is a hard question in Mafia, lol.

MrCelt: Town or scum, don't give up! I know it can look bleak at times, but people have come back from worse.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2012, 10:40:46 am »

Extend.  There's so many people who haven't said a word yet today that I really don't feel comfortable with the day ending.  Besides, we haven't exactly voted.

I'll discuss stuff of importance after school, when I have time.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2012, 11:04:05 am »

Shakerag, why did you lie about the PPE? The last post with the questions about the voting system (mine) came three hours before yours.
I often compose posts over a few hours, writing bits in when I have time to spare.  Sometimes this makes them look a bit odd.  In this case, however, it was more that I was just responded to posts chronologically without looking ahead and being too lazy to re-write what I had written down before in light of new info as I was reading. 

tl;dr - responding to posts in order, didn't feel like editing my response to #299 after reading #301/#302.

Also, Bookthras: Why did you decide to claim miller early after what happened in BYOR 9?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44