Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104736 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 1: Flavorless
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2012, 02:31:03 pm »

PFP

Man, so many posts.

Quote from: Tir
Hold it, trying to get the deal between Leafsnail and UI, and probably Dariush who is thrown into their battle somehow.
That makes two of us, though it's taken on a whole new dimension since UI's Survivor claim. What are the major talking points? (I got dragged out of the house yesterday, so haven't had the opportunity to really sit down with the game)

Quote from: UI
Again, they'd have to kill me before they'd have the leverage to make me side with them. And then I'd be bitter, and I have ways of fucking with their kills
Scum don't need leverage on a Survivor at all, do they? You'll side with scum if they are dominant, town if town is dominant: it's in your interest to do so. Hell, unless you really antagonize the scum, they've no reason to attack you at all, as it runs counter to their wincon (you are potentially an asset). Is there something I'm missing?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2012, 02:35:23 pm »

Urist I:
UI on the other hand, claims for...some reason. I'm unsure anyone asked. Why did you claim? What does Leafsnail have to do with your claim?
I didn't have any better ideas. He was one of the people whose votes put my head on the chopping block.

Oh, so you admit you're voting him because you don't want to get lynched?  Oh yeah, I'm sure you're the kind of person we want to keep around.

Urist I.   At worst, you're not helping anything.  At best, you're scum.

Dariush:
Tylui:
Did >>I<< say this was an RVS question? No, I didn't. I was pointing out that the only question you asked during the RQS had nothing to do with an RQS question.
That really doesn't seem like a thing confirmed town would say.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please explain this statement.

Hapah:
Again, they'd have to kill me before they'd have the leverage to make me side with them. And then I'd be bitter, and I have ways of fucking with their kills
Scum don't need leverage on a Survivor at all, do they? You'll side with scum if they are dominant, town if town is dominant: it's in your interest to do so. Hell, unless you really antagonize the scum, they've no reason to attack you at all, as it runs counter to their wincon (you are potentially an asset). Is there something I'm missing?

This is correct, and why survivors are potentially dangerous.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2012, 02:38:48 pm »

Urist I:
UI on the other hand, claims for...some reason. I'm unsure anyone asked. Why did you claim? What does Leafsnail have to do with your claim?
I didn't have any better ideas. He was one of the people whose votes put my head on the chopping block.

Oh, so you admit you're voting him because you don't want to get lynched?  Oh yeah, I'm sure you're the kind of person we want to keep around.

I don't think he said anything of the sort there...I'll try to fix the wording.

Why did you claim? > I didn't have any better ideas.

What does Leafsnail have to do with your claim? > He was one of the people whose votes put my head on the chopping block.

Seems like it was answered this way.

What other ideas were on your mind UI? What was the purpose behind that claim and why tell it out anyway?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2012, 02:47:10 pm »

Tiruin: townies should never lie in this kind of situation.  There is absolutely no reason to do so.  If you claim survivor then you are either a survivor, scum, or a townie who is intentionally trying to fuck over your own team (in which case fuck you, get out of the game).

Given this I have no idea how you can accuse me of spreading WIFOM.  I am stating that lynching a survivor causes no harm for the town, and that lynching scum is good for the town.  Therefore lynching a claimed survivor who is either a survivor or scum is always the correct course of action unless it's lylo right now (if it's lylo right now the survivor is likely going to vote with scum to secure an instant win).

I don't like how you seem to have taken on the job of UI's PR manager.

I think being trigger happy with the rolefishing accusation (which I am getting tired of seeing every damn game), stating hanging Dariush would be a "mislynch", and being gung-ho about lynching a supposed survivor over looking for actual scum D1 makes me feel comfortable voting Leafsnail.

If we somehow happen to not bag scum D1 or D2 (or whenever would be appropriate), then we can lynch UI before he could be a potential asset to the scumteam.
Hahahaha.  Hahahahahahaha.  hahahahahahahahaha

Can you see what you did wrong here?  I'll point it out for you.

stating hanging Dariush would be a "mislynch"
If we somehow happen to not bag scum D1 or D2 (or whenever would be appropriate), then we can lynch UI before he could be a potential asset to the scumteam.
Why are you so sure UI's a survivor, Shakerag?  Your logic only works if you assume he is.

Also the fact that you're sick of a certain way of breaking RVS doesn't make it scummy

Spoiler: @Tylui (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Dariush (click to show/hide)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2012, 02:59:05 pm »

Extend.  There's still a few people I'd love to hear from.

Look at Urist's roleclaim. He's unkillable by scum. I'll have to think about how I would personally play with such a role, but initially, I think I would side with the town. The only why I can die, other than crazy role powers, is to be lynched by the town. If you can't be hurt by the mafia, do you side with them or play against them?
Tylui: I'd play like a Survivor: side with mafia at MYLO/LYLO, and side with town if they look like they're going to win.  It's not like Survivors generally start each game by deciding a side to play on and making sure that side wins.

Leafsnail:
1. "Why now??" I thought that you'd give me an actual answer without needing a vote.  When you failed to provide one and instead switched to "Well what if Dariush is scum??" I decided a vote was needed.  It clearly was since it took that and another slap on the face to get you to stop babbling about stupid irrelevancies and answer.
So you weren't voting me because you thought I was scum, but rather because you wanted me to answer your question. Seriously, Leafsnail? Voting me was a tactical decision? You decided to keep your random vote than actually vote your main suspect, because you thought it wouldn't be necessary? Hang.
Urist Imiknorris:  Exactly how long, at that point, had Leafsnail, the person you had been showing significant suspicion of for quite some time, been your top suspect?  When did he overtake Tiruin, who you voted for lurkiness?

Also, I really do not like how your claim is changing over time (general auto revive in initial claim, without any indication of one-shot nature, suddenly turned into a one-shot later on in your statements).

I think being trigger happy with the rolefishing accusation (which I am getting tired of seeing every damn game)
Shakerag: Please clarify.  Is it Leafsnail using this accusation every damn game, or just assorted players generally using it?  Do they tend to be scum?

Tiruin: Why on earth would a townie ever claim survivor?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2012, 03:06:02 pm »

Tylui:
Did >>I<< say this was an RVS question? No, I didn't. I was pointing out that the only question you asked during the RQS had nothing to do with an RQS question.
That really doesn't seem like a thing confirmed town would say.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not an Oracle. I'm just a man playing mafia, and you seem the most scummy. You may have only made two posts, but your attitude speaks at a louder volume than your words. You do defend yourself passionately, but, Mr. Defensive, are you going to start playing as a townsperson and try to find out who is mafia scum?
Oh hey, two posts (at the moment) in and you already magically determined that I'm being way overdefensive, despite never having actually being in a game with me! Now would your oracular ass be so kind as to quote exactly where I was being overdefensive during the RVS?

This paragraph looks more like you trying to asspull a case out of thin air than anything else...
...Did you really just directly contradict your earlier statement that you asked them for the directly opposite reason (that they are inactive)? Why are you summoning up excuses?
He didn't contradict himself, but I think you know that since you didn't include his earlier quote. You sure are trying to get the attention off of you any way possible but actually voting!
...And this paragraph continues the trend. Why are you repeating the answer he gave several days ago while you were lurking your ass off and claiming that I'm not voting despite the fact that I voted several days ago while...

...wait for it...

...while you were lurking your ass off? (unexpected ending, isn't it?)

Wait what? Who said anything about confirmed town? :O I think we're both confused; or at least I am.

"two posts in": It doesn't matter to my assessment of you how much I have posted. You had more than two posts for me to go by at that point. And you didn't even respond to why you aren't hunting.

It's the first day; of course I'm ass-pulling cases. It's called applying pressure.

I'm repeating the answer days later exactly because I wasn't lurking. I was gone with Thanksgiving AND my daughter's first birthday, as I said. So I re-read the whole thread since my last post and wrote my post concurrently.

Also, I slipped when I wrote "voting". I realize you had a vote in, I meant to question why you aren't more actively trying to find scum.

However, new situations have come to light and I realize that my initial pressure on you was based on flimsy reasoning, so:

Leafsnail, I choose you!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2012, 03:08:29 pm »

Tylui:  Got some reasons to go with that bandwagon?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2012, 03:10:20 pm »

Extension.

To recap: Urist I is 100% not-town.  Shakerag hilariously contradicted himself while voting me and defending said not-town.  Tylui just performed a blatant bandwagon while ignoring my response to him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2012, 03:14:19 pm »

Pre-sleep...

Tylui: You were addressing Dariush and instead vote Leafsnail. So as not to repeat Toaster, I ask you this.

Why have you backed off on your target, and was it only now did you realize your 'suspicion' on Dar was based on flimsy reasoning? Why so. And why, of all people, do you pick Leafsnail instead of anything else?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2012, 03:15:04 pm »

Urist I:

You're one to talk.

Hello. You appear to have not read the questions I was asked. They were in bold, even. Tiruin was not asking why I voted Leafsnail, and your pathetic attempt to make it seem as if he did (which was undone by you including the quote I was responding to) tells me you're Leaf's buddy breaking the tie in his favor.

Jack:
Urist Imiknorris:  Exactly how long, at that point, had Leafsnail, the person you had been showing significant suspicion of for quite some time, been your top suspect?  When did he overtake Tiruin, who you voted for lurkiness?
He became my top suspect with his comment about not needing to vote me. Until then I only considered him worth further questioning.

Also, I really do not like how your claim is changing over time (general auto revive in initial claim, without any indication of one-shot nature, suddenly turned into a one-shot later on in your statements).
You seriously thought a revive wasn't one-shot?

Hapah:
The fact that playing town is more fun and fun is why I play Mafia.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2012, 03:17:46 pm »

The fact that playing town is more fun and fun is why I play Mafia.
Well shit, this is a rock solid defence.  Urist Imiknorris apparently plays town even if he's not actually town because it's more fun.  There's no point in ever lynching UI because even if he's in the mafia he's playing town.

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2012, 03:25:36 pm »

PFP: I don't like the whole vote on Urist, survivors can be beneficial to town too, but it does have the potential to fuck over town eventually.
Also, sorry I'm not posting much, got a few things on my mind, but will be more active soon!
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2012, 03:26:48 pm »

If you're promising activity later you should really be extending.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2012, 03:26:53 pm »

Urist I:
Urist I:

You're one to talk.

Hello. You appear to have not read the questions I was asked. They were in bold, even. Tiruin was not asking why I voted Leafsnail, and your pathetic attempt to make it seem as if he did (which was undone by you including the quote I was responding to) tells me you're Leaf's buddy breaking the tie in his favor.

Why else would he be asking about Leafsnail besides the fact you're voting him?  Don't play dumb.

MrCelt:  Without an extend, the day ends in 6 1/2 hours.  Soon better be very soon.

Actually, an extend is probably a good idea anyway.

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 26, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »

PFP: extend - Soon won't be THAT soon, it'll be thursday, but I'll be PFP'ing a bit and keeping track of the thread
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44