Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104893 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 1: Flavorless
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2012, 12:46:21 am »

Tiruin: Where's that post you promised?
Right here.

What was the purpose of your shifting vote?

And...why are you acting weird and posting with brevity?
Toony:
You appear to be confused, Toony.
Unconfuse me.
I am not scum.
How does this unconfuse Toony?

Bookthras: Why did you change your avatar? Also,
Bookthras: If you were an SK, which players in this game would you want to be mafiosos?
Hmmm... no real preference, but I'd prefer one scum to be obviously scummy, so I could advocate his lynch and gain town points that way.
How does this answer the question, and...what is meant by the bolded portion? I can't get what you mean there.

Also, I am a miller. Toaster, are you one?
And what was the use of this?

Shakerag:
Tiruin: What kind of RVS question would you like to receive?
*Tiruin points up.

These questions! :D

Actually, I like any question. Why you asking?

Jack
Hapah: Why haven't you posted yet?
How does this constitute a RVS question? Also, why are you asking on the types of RVS questions people 'prefer'?

Leafsnail
Shakerag:Do you think there will be a "theme" to abilities in this BYOR, like the ressurrections in the last one?
rolefishing
You're saying there's a  theme on rolefishing?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2012, 12:50:59 am »

Aaaand the preview button strikes again!

MrCelt: Why haven't you designed your own questions to others, other than asking what RVS is? Are you going to keep quiet this early?

Dariush
Do you feel like you made a solid and useful contribution to RVS?  Was it more useful than, say, this post?
Yep, verily. One simple reason - Shakerag's questions are plentiful, but serve no purpose whatsoever. He'll wear down his keyboard keys a bit, waste a bit of time, then the same will be done by the people whom he addressed and the matter will be forgotten. My response, however, serves a different purpose - I was watching how people would react to my post, and specifically the difference between their reaction to my post and UI's. This would have given me insight... had anybody actually reacted. Oh well.
Why do you think Shakerag's questions are that different from yours? Anyone could just say that 'oh I'm looking for reactions to my posts' as an excuse for not giving...well, food for thought, to use a literary device. What kind of reaction were you looking for other than "Wow look at that, posting words backwards," and the inevitable question for you on why you did that?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2012, 01:13:55 am »

Tiruin: Where's that post you promised?
Right here.

What was the purpose of your shifting vote?

And...why are you acting weird and posting with brevity?
I noticed that your post had never materialized. Also, why would I keep a random vote going when there's actual pressure to apply?

And...why are you stealing Tylui's argument? I'll tell you what I told him: RVS is boring.

Toony:
Unconfuse me.
I am not scum.
He appears to be suffering under the delusion that I am scum for saying that I'm not Dariush's buddy.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2012, 01:21:13 am »

What pressure?

Also, Tylui's was different. He commented on you posting for lack of substance. I'm asking why you're keeping short posts.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2012, 01:29:29 am »

What pressure?
The pressure of voting you because you promised a post and it had been a while longer than you had estimated.

Also, Tylui's was different. He commented on you posting for lack of substance. I'm asking why you're keeping short posts.
How is that not the same thing?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2012, 01:36:01 am »

What pressure?
The pressure of voting you because you promised a post and it had been a while longer than you had estimated.
I point at timezones and the fact that I'm busy, technically, still morning.

How is that not the same thing?
That it's not related to: RVS is boring.

So when do things not get boring for you, or will you wait for others to question and then jump in yourself?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2012, 03:08:18 am »

Tylui:
Leafsnail, Deathsword, MrCelt, and Bookthras: I've never seen you on Bay12 at all, I don't think, though I don't lurk as often as I used to. When did you join the forums and why?
First of all, as has been said before: do not ever, ever, EVER! edit your posts in a mafia game. That's massively uncool and is likely to get you modkilled if you do it again. I understand that mistakes happen, please make sure you understand it was a mistake and that it should not happen again.

As to your question: yes, we've played together before: back on BYOR5, where you were Samus Aran, and ToonyMan was the Webadict, I accused you of being the webadict yourself. At the time, I was using the moniker "Zathras", I am now "Bookthras". Details are complicated, let's just say I'm what's left after life's mandibles chewed up and excreted the remains of Zathras and Book... but it's still me who said that then.

I joined a little over two years ago. I had played forum mafia a bit elsewhere, and when that group dissolved someone pointed me here; I lurked for a few weeks reading old games, and came to the conclusion I liked the style and the fauna, so I joined BMXIV  and a bit later BYOR4.

...the rest, as they say, is history.

Tiruin:
Bookthras: Why did you change your avatar?
You may have to google this, but a minor interesting point of recent politics in the US was an election, where one of the candidates expressed displeasure with funding for Sesame Street. He lost. Some of us who opposed him and are strong advocates for the sort of education cookie monster represents choose to make that explicit now, both as support and as gloating for them fuckers who were sooo wrong. 8-P

Why? I love them and things like them. I learned to read and sum with Sesame Street; I learned English (not my first language) with similar efforts. May they all live long and have oodles of taxpayer money to support them. I pay taxes, and I want them to thrive. Better that than wars in the middle east any day.

Why now? The forum was sort of dead for a couple of days; buggy connectivity, 504s, plus wuba faking injuries to delay shipping roles left me nothing to do, so I did a bit of maintenance on avatars and sigs...

Man, this post turned out much more navel-gazing than I expected. Apologies for that. Back to the game now.

Bookthras: If you were an SK, which players in this game would you want to be mafiosos?
Hmmm... no real preference, but I'd prefer one scum to be obviously scummy, so I could advocate his lynch and gain town points that way.
How does this answer the question, and...what is meant by the bolded portion? I can't get what you mean there.
It answers it, just leaves out names because I have no individual preferences. For the bolded part, if I were a Serial Killer, I would look for ways to look town; there is no better way to do that than lynching a scum, so I'd like a scum to trip so I could do that. Before you ask: yes, I would wish the same as town as well. As scum I wouldn't because it would mean lynching a buddy.

Off-topic maybe, but: what's your beef with the preview button? It works just fine as far as I can tell. If the infrastructure works, your trying to blame your posting mishaps on it may become scummy. Or please explain your difficulties.

Dariush:
Why do you think Shakerag's questions are that different from yours? Anyone could just say that 'oh I'm looking for reactions to my posts' as an excuse for not giving...well, food for thought, to use a literary device. What kind of reaction were you looking for other than "Wow look at that, posting words backwards," and the inevitable question for you on why you did that?
I would also like to hear your detailed, non backwards response to this.

Leafsnail:
Leafsnail: Say you are scum and your buddy is leading in votes for the lynch; you can vote someone else to tie the vote. Do you tie the vote for a nolynch, vote your buddy to secure a bus, or let him die while trying to stay under the radar by doing neither?
In a role heavy game I'd save them to help maintain a buffer against PR randomness.  In a role light game I will judge whether they'd be scummy enough for me to vote as town and then act accordingly.
This is a role heavy game, and the game where I asked the question. Is your answer then "I'd save them"? Would you tie the vote for a nolynch?

Shakerag:Do you think there will be a "theme" to abilities in this BYOR, like the ressurrections in the last one?
rolefishing
No, it isn't. What makes you think this is rolefishing?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2012, 05:43:53 am »

I was asking you that avatar thing because...well, I love Sesame street too XD Helped me with my English too. Love the Count.[/OOC/OOM]

Off-topic maybe, but: what's your beef with the preview button? It works just fine as far as I can tell. If the infrastructure works, your trying to blame your posting mishaps on it may become scummy. Or please explain your difficulties.
Err, its my own...weakness (need synonym for this :/) I guess, when typing. I type quickly, then shift to clicking the preview button. Granted, it usually hits the Post button, but I can usually edit it afterwards (see: many of my other non-Mafia posts, they have Edit tags). None of that is an excuse for anything else I type though, just for the many EBWOPs that have to appear when I invoke them in the name of misclicks if any are to appear later on.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2012, 07:16:07 am »

This is a role heavy game, and the game where I asked the question. Is your answer then "I'd save them"? Would you tie the vote for a nolynch?
What else could "I'd save them" possibly be interpreted as?  If you let someone die or assist in killing them then you haven't saved them.

No, it isn't. What makes you think this is rolefishing?
It's a question that can only be answered by referring to your own role

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2012, 11:39:32 am »

MrCelt: Why haven't you designed your own questions to others, other than asking what RVS is? Are you going to keep quiet this early?
I'd like to point out that the people I have asked have been as inactive as myself.
I'm trying as hard as I can to keep up, but I'm very new to the RVS, Trust me, I'm trying as hard as I can to keep up.
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2012, 12:08:37 pm »

Dariush, I'd like to forward this question to you, also.
RVS is like being vaccinated as a child - nobody likes it and wants to move to the fun part as soon as possible, but realizes that the moving part won't actually happen (due to you being, you know, dead). Some people like asking a set of random pointless questions to speed things up along, I don't. I prefer to either chime in at the end (the difference in timezones makes it easy for me) when some actual content is availible, or do something non-standard. Like what I did here.

So far, I'd say Dariush and Urist seem most scummy to me, though perhaps not on the same team. They are both posting often but not a lot of substance.
Wow, you must be an Oracle. As of your post, the game lasted less than a day. I made whopping two posts during this time that consisted of three paragraphs combined. Yet you managed to already deduce that I'm acting scummy. Do you classify anything that doesn't conform to the traditional 'X, whom do you like playing with, Y, whom are you afraid of, Z blahblahblah' formula as scummy?
Also, you imply that Shakerag's RVS questions serve NO purpose, and yet the only question you've asked all game is "Why did you waste a PFP on this?". Doesn't really seem like an RQS question.
Did I say this was an RVS question? No, it wasn't. I wanted to get tangible information out of his answer. Do you classify asking non-RVS questions during RVS as scummy too?

rolefishing
How, in your opinion, would answering either 'Yes' or 'No', with maybe an optional elaboration, give any insight about Shakerag's role?

your statement here feels a bit odd, looking at the posts surrounding it
Wait what. Why are you judging my statements based on posts that surround them?
What sorts of differences in reactions would you find interesting?  Is there not a significant difference to be expected by default between reactions to UI's post and your backwards, semi-readable repost of it?  How exactly are Toaster and Shakerag's comments on these posts not reactions?
1) Difference along the lines of '[vote]Dariush[/vote] for that non-post, blahblahblah' without mentioning UI, or vice versa - '[vote]UI[/vote] for that non-post, blahblahblah' without mentioning me.
2) No, there isn't. Both are non-posts. Favoring one with a serious (meaning non-joke) vote without mentioning the other would reveal a biased viewpoint.
3) Shakerag's was an obvious joke. Toaster's was a question regarding my opinion of my contribution.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2012, 12:24:00 pm »

You never answer an RVS question with "yes" or "no" unless a) it's a useless question or b) you're being willfully unhelpful.  Therefore he would have to elaborate on his answer, and that elaboration would give an insight into whether Shakerag has unusual theme-seeming abilities (since that's literally the only way he'd have of working out how to answer the question).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2012, 12:49:41 pm »

Toony:
Unconfuse me.
I am not scum.
He appears to be suffering under the delusion that I am scum for saying that I'm not Dariush's buddy.
There's this habit of acting chummy with your scum partner (or possibly not scum partner to throw us off, but that doesn't change your alignment) with others when you're scum.  Especially in the opening of the first day.  Also, as Hapah pointed out, you liken yourself to Dariush as an asshole, while he is a shitlord.  A fitting pair, wouldn't you say?

Spoiler: OOG @Bookthras (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2012, 01:14:56 pm »

Leafsnail:
(since that's literally the only way he'd have of working out how to answer the question).
Guessing doesn't count?

Tiruin:
That it's not related to: RVS is boring.

So when do things not get boring for you, or will you wait for others to question and then jump in yourself?
Things stop getting boring when I start getting actual suspicions. As for why my posts are short, I don't want to clutter up what little I actually have to say with excessive verbiage. Maybe I should? I thought so too, until I realized that I can't be arsed when I'm on vacation and the game's still in RVS.

MrCelt:
I'd like to point out that the people I have asked have been as inactive as myself.
Is that why you chose to question them?

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »

Is that why you chose to question them?

Actually, they both appeared to be active when I asked them.

♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44