Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104664 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 4: Touchdown
« Reply #495 on: December 27, 2012, 07:25:05 pm »

Hapah, top suspicions.  Also what do you think of Bookthras?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 28, 2012, 12:19:47 am »

For your answer Book, i'm pretty sure its a SK. 4 mafia would be overpowered. 4 vote = domination day 3 if they havent got lynched day 1 or 2 ( wich is easy as loing as nobody is retarded and you use your votes well enough). SK can happen, but the lack of kills is annoying. Delayed kill could be the way too. Still, rather unlikely, 2 SK is almost but not quite crazytown as far as town being screwed.

Other situations would be a more special wincons, like some kind of lyncher, or a miller. That would my guess.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 28, 2012, 04:09:57 pm »

Some further laying-in-bed arguments:

Maybe this is part of your role Bookthras?  Your last FoS of the day has always lined up with the "mafiaflipped" dead man the following night.

D1:
Conclusion: Leafsnail is marginally scummier, but Imiknorris is the safer lynch, as he's scummy enough, guaranteed non-town, and his claim could mask a SK.
N1:
Leafsnail has been killed!
Leafsnail was a Conspiracy Theorist (mafia).
Only one dead "mafia".
D2:
Does not FoS anybody this day, is it because you can only do it every other day or because of Shakerag's ability?
As far as the election is concerned, I'll throw my weight behind Toaster, who seems to be the saner choice around.
Also note that you support Toaster instead of Dariush (who was completely set on a Mr. Celt lynch, a confirmed mafia).
Lastly, your comments of Shakerag's role that you probably had to let out even if it was unnecessary:
PS: I totally called it that Shakerag was behind the voting crazyness (yeah, not too esoteric a guess, but still). Too bad he flipped town instead of Outsider, but man, I won't miss that bit. Glad it never rolled "liar's dice voting system."
N2:
Dariush has been killed!
Dariush was a Spacechem Engineer (town).
One dead town.
D3:
Can immediately start FoSing in his first post.
This is a fucking half-assed post if I've ever seen one, Toaster. Two one-sentence rhetoric challenges? In three fucking days, that's all you could come up with?
You're going to side-line the fact that half the other players weren't posting at all?  I think you're just picking your target here, over-aggressively.
N3:
Toaster has been killed!
Toaster was t gym, ycv rvtyu8in (mafia).

Only one dead "mafia".
D4:
FoS someone right now Bookthras or I'm lynching your ass.

As for Hapah (I'll need to show my logic for that reasoning too, beyond just being passive).  Bookthras wants to lead a lynch on Jack AT at the start of Day3 based on his interactions with Mr. Celt, but Hapah sides with Bookthras just the same.  There is also his vote on Shakerag which he finally puts out after deciding that MBP/Tylui isn't the best choice anymore?  Bookthras states clearly that Hapah is scummy, but now this day when I asked Bookthras he doesn't even make a mention of him, strange isn't it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 28, 2012, 04:24:04 pm »

A correction and an addition:
For the last sentence I never "asked Bookthras" directly, but he does list his suspicions.

I noticed something here,
As for the FoS, I FoS'd Leaf because he was scummy.  Toaster was less scummy, but that "Just things in general" post seemed too half-assed to be sincere, and when reviewing I saw he had done nothing and indeed basked on the assumptions people made about MrCelt's lynch, so I challenged him on that.
But you yourself voted Toaster as a representative D2 as the "saner choice around".  Which I already said was probably to avoid the Mr. Celt lynch as much as possible.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2012, 07:05:34 pm »

ToonyMan: Heheh, amusing theory. Bit far fetched, don't you think? Especially given:

ToonyMan:
Jack and Hapah
Plus if we follow your chain of thought it means that I have a mafiakill I can only use on alternating nights, and with a target that must be named ahead of time. Sure. But at least you're thinking out of the box and posting, unlike everyone else, so no worries. If you'd prefer I FoS someone else, let me know. Some comments on your comments:

Also note that you support Toaster instead of Dariush (who was completely set on a Mr. Celt lynch, a confirmed mafia).
At the time, Toaster did seem saner than Dariush, yes, and MrCelt wasn't "confirmed mafia" yet, as he hadn't flipped. Also, I didn't FoS anyone on D2 because I had no lynch vote (only the king did), a FoS is a threat of a vote, if one can't vote, FoS'sing is kind of pointless, yes? Plus my suspicions were fairly weak: two lurking scummy noobs, and a gut feel on Jack; given that and that it wasn't my choice anyway, I didn't feel the need.

This is a fucking half-assed post if I've ever seen one, Toaster. Two one-sentence rhetoric challenges? In three fucking days, that's all you could come up with?
You're going to side-line the fact that half the other players weren't posting at all?  I think you're just picking your target here, over-aggressively.
He made a half-assed post that seemed scummy to me. Challenging him was the right thing to do. Sure, others were lurking, but I had challenged the thread at large for that already (in that same post); no one person's lurking was scummier than another at that point.

Bookthras states clearly that Hapah is scummy, but now this day when I asked Bookthras he doesn't even make a mention of him, strange isn't it?
Not that strange, since my comment about Hapah's scumminess was based on an error, so when clarified I went back on that. Not that I'm exculpating Phantom/Hapah, but at least their comments are consistent after all, when I earlier thought they hadn't been. I'm not saying one or the other is surely town, but after that clarification Zombie climbed on my suspicion list (which already had MBP (my vote target from D3) and Jack (my scummiest gut feel but thin case)), so I focused on those first.

MBP:
For your answer Book, i'm pretty sure its a SK. [...] SK can happen, but the lack of kills is annoying. Delayed kill could be the way too. Still, rather unlikely, 2 SK is almost but not quite crazytown as far as town being screwed.
So, are you pretty sure or aren't you? Isn't the lack of other kills, that you yourself cite, enough of an argument against it to temper that "pretty sure"? If it was an arsonist/delayed kill, who do you think it is and why?

Other situations would be a more special wincons, like some kind of lyncher, or a miller. That would my guess.
But a lyncher (or brother or survivor or outsider or ally or jester or martyr) wouldn't block the town win if it had majority and the scum were killed, would they? So would this be your guess or would the "pretty sure" above be it? Do you think Leaf and/or Toaster were actual scum? Both? Neither? Why?

Also, please anwer all my questions:
As for suspicions, MBP and Zombie are at the top at the moment. I would like both to give their reads on the situation, what do they think about remaining factions, top suspicions and any information they can share. Jack, you too please.
Your top suspicions, with reasons, and any information you can share, please.

Everyone: let's see some fucking posting already.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 28, 2012, 11:32:23 pm »

First of all, apologies for the lack of activity on my part, yesterday was all my fault. I had a new story idea and an itch to write and I chose to follow my creative impulses rather than take the few minutes to make a post here.

Zombie: Get your rear in here, your profile says you've been online today.

Jack: I don't know what you're doing but you need to get in here too.

Hapah: Drink a prairie oyster or something and get over the holiday hangover.

Lastly, just to put it out there I can confirm that one or more people targeted me last night with an action

That would be me tracking you. Anything to say about last night's action?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 29, 2012, 12:21:44 am »

Driving home righ now pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 29, 2012, 12:38:22 am »

MBP:
For your answer Book, i'm pretty sure its a SK. [...] SK can happen, but the lack of kills is annoying. Delayed kill could be the way too. Still, rather unlikely, 2 SK is almost but not quite crazytown as far as town being screwed.
So, are you pretty sure or aren't you? Isn't the lack of other kills, that you yourself cite, enough of an argument against it to temper that "pretty sure"? If it was an arsonist/delayed kill, who do you think it is and why?

But a lyncher (or brother or survivor or outsider or ally or jester or martyr) wouldn't block the town win if it had majority and the scum were killed, would they? So would this be your guess or would the "pretty sure" above be it? Do you think Leaf and/or Toaster were actual scum? Both? Neither? Why?

Also, please anwer all my questions:
As for suspicions, MBP and Zombie are at the top at the moment. I would like both to give their reads on the situation, what do they think about remaining factions, top suspicions and any information they can share. Jack, you too please.
Your top suspicions, with reasons, and any information you can share, please.

Everyone: let's see some fucking posting already.
[/quote]

I won't be completely sure until whatever keeps the game going is flipped and we get the roles. As you are I am sure, unless you are what is holding us back.  Arsonist would be possible. I would assume it would be like my role in BYOR 4 (Chest Burster). Basically set people up and blow em up when you die/decide of it.  It does sound blatantly unbalanced, with another SK and 3 mafia in a 13 player games. Any mistake or too much dawdling and town is fried.

Pretty sure outsider, or lyncher, or assassin or whatever could keep the game going, assuming that they have a kill power and they haven't met their wincon yet, if they got soem kill power. Some kind of bomb thingy could work too, stay alive to day X and blow up the town. A cult is also doable, but that would be the best cult ever, never getting a cultist lynched.

Just to be clear, my guess is outsider/assasin/lyncher what have you, but neither mafia nor SK. Reasons to follow.

As for information I can share, here's some. Tylui got an overpowered role, with a scan. He used it day 1 nor 2 to scan bookies and Dariush. You both came up town. I also do remember form years back that you were a dick even if town. ( I mean that not in a pejorative way, let's be clear), and the questionning fit that, so I'm inclined to believe it. Last night Hapah gave me a no result. I want to hear what he thinks of it, and what may have caused it. Finally, reasons i think the game as not ended is that i get a countdown in all action post I get form Wubby. We are at 2 right now, from 7 at the start. It the reaosn why an outsider or other weird role might be what stopping the town win.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 29, 2012, 12:46:20 am »

But book said he's a miller? Pfp

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 29, 2012, 12:52:13 am »

Did he ? Don,t remmeber that. If you can point the post i'd be glad to see it tho

Just to be sure too, i'm not voting for myself. Shenanigans with quoting and all that noise. I'm utterly horrible at formatting.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 29, 2012, 01:09:18 am »

Oh nice. MBP: The important bit first:
As for information I can share, here's some. Tylui got an overpowered role, with a scan. He used it day 1 nor 2 to scan bookies and Dariush. You both came up town. I also do remember form years back that you were a dick even if town. ( I mean that not in a pejorative way, let's be clear)
Oh, I am a dick for sure (no offence taken, on the contrary), but I inspect as mafia this game. I claimed miller here (and death miller here). There is no way your scan returned "town" on me, therefore you are fucking scum. Go die.

Finally, reasons i think the game as not ended is that i get a countdown in all action post I get form Wubby. We are at 2 right now, from 7 at the start. It the reaosn why an outsider or other weird role might be what stopping the town win.
Please give us all the information about this counter. Why are we at two? Why did it start at 7? You are going to die today. If you want a chance to prevent it, then claim in full your role, alignment, actions, and everything else. You'll probably die anyway, but if you don't claim, you'll die for fucking sure.

Other bits, just for general discussion:
Pretty sure outsider, or lyncher, or assassin or whatever could keep the game going, assuming that they have a kill power and they haven't met their wincon yet, if they got soem kill power. Some kind of bomb thingy could work too, stay alive to day X and blow up the town.
Anyone non-town with a kill power could keep the game going, but not by virtue of being lyncher, outsider or whatever. Your example of the "bomber" (often called "doomspeaker" I think here) is dumb: if they have a power to prevent the game from ending, then they've already won by staying alive. No, only a killer (i.e. 'SK', even if they have an additional 'lyncher or whatever' condition) would keep it going after all scum is killed, or a cult (but they they've already won).

And finally, please state your suspicions with reasons. This is the third time I ask.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:26 am »

Heh. I was going to soon enough. You are a bit hasty here, especially considering i said the role was overpowered.

There we go. Formating mine, since i can't copy wubbah

Fireman Laxatives

Fire Protection : You are Arson proof. Mafia can still kill you
Bathroom Break : You are stuck in here for a while. Unlynchable/killable for 1 day/night cycle. 1 shot
Fire Hazard : As a fireman, you know when the fire alarm is gonna ran out of batteries. Auto
Surprise Inspection : You can see the target true Alignment. Unblockable. Night action
Laxative Bomb : Target is blocked next turn. Unblockable.

There you go.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 29, 2012, 01:53:57 am »

I'm back now but I'm kinda tired so meh.

Anyways...

Toony: Your theories are getting crazier and crazier.
PoTL: Anything besides calling out lurkers?

I think its most likely that there's another mafia member. Looking back, I think the LS death-miller theory needs some more consideration. Maybe the 'theme' of this game is miller. Kinda bastardly but its ehh. On the other hand, the currently flipped mafia roles look pretty weak, so a 4th one may be present as balance.

SK is less likely since there haven't been any additional unaccounted kills, though the mafia members dying at night is strange.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 29, 2012, 04:52:00 pm »

ToonyMan: Heheh, amusing theory. Bit far fetched, don't you think? Especially given:
I admit I'm disappointed we didn't get to have an epic confrontation with you being unable to FoS, although it looks like MBP/Tylui managed to do something better anyway.

ToonyMan:
Jack and Hapah
Plus if we follow your chain of thought it means that I have a mafiakill I can only use on alternating nights, and with a target that must be named ahead of time.
Sorry Book, but those quotes are from D3, which is perfectly aligned with my theory.  I'm sure you'd still have a mafiakill on even days, you just can't mafiaflip them.

I can't really hold this off as a coincidence, something is happening, you didn't make an accusations of being set-up so you probably don't think that.

Bookthras states clearly that Hapah is scummy, but now this day when I asked Bookthras he doesn't even make a mention of him, strange isn't it?
Not that strange, since my comment about Hapah's scumminess was based on an error, so when clarified I went back on that. Not that I'm exculpating Phantom/Hapah, but at least their comments are consistent after all, when I earlier thought they hadn't been. I'm not saying one or the other is surely town, but after that clarification Zombie climbed on my suspicion list (which already had MBP (my vote target from D3) and Jack (my scummiest gut feel but thin case)), so I focused on those first.
Ah, okay.

Lastly, just to put it out there I can confirm that one or more people targeted me last night with an action
That would be me tracking you. Anything to say about last night's action?
I just know somebody targeted me.  I didn't do anything myself.

As for information I can share, here's some. Tylui got an overpowered role, with a scan. He used it day 1 nor 2 to scan bookies and Dariush. You both came up town. I also do remember form years back that you were a dick even if town. ( I mean that not in a pejorative way, let's be clear), and the questionning fit that, so I'm inclined to believe it. Last night Hapah gave me a no result. I want to hear what he thinks of it, and what may have caused it. Finally, reasons i think the game as not ended is that i get a countdown in all action post I get form Wubby. We are at 2 right now, from 7 at the start. It the reaosn why an outsider or other weird role might be what stopping the town win.
What does a 'no result' mean?  A third-party role like Outsider?

Also, why didn't you say you scanned Bookthras D1 (even though you said you blocked Dariush D1) during D3 when you had a 50/50 chance to die?

Your role also looks extremely un-town, with everybody getting burned alive Day 6 or 7 with you being the only one standing.  For Surprise Inspection, it says "true alignment" so maybe the read on Bookthras is accurate?  Either way I'm favoring Book's side on this one based on all your inconsistencies.  I'm still waiting for Hapah to respond though.

SK is less likely since there haven't been any additional unaccounted kills, though the mafia members dying at night is strange.
This is such a true statement you have no idea.  I don't think there's any SKs left (we did really good there), but these three deaths so far have to be from the mafia most most likely.  And this is just estimating, but there's probably two mafia left of the seven of us, with Leafsnail and Toaster being fake-alignment flips.

Although, with this recent "one of the two is almost certainly scum" we can still probably win.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 29, 2012, 04:59:53 pm »

First of all, apologies for the lack of activity on my part, yesterday was all my fault. I had a new story idea and an itch to write and I chose to follow my creative impulses rather than take the few minutes to make a post here.

Zombie: Get your rear in here, your profile says you've been online today.
Jack: I don't know what you're doing but you need to get in here too.
Hapah: Drink a prairie oyster or something and get over the holiday hangover.
Where's MBP/Tylui on this list?  You were gunning for them D3.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44