Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104667 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 3: No More Finals
« Reply #450 on: December 20, 2012, 07:49:45 pm »

MBP: What do you think of PoTL's claim? Also the duel-voting-thing was given in the day opening post. Presumably its caused by someone's abilities. Yesterday we had a king-type election.

extend.

Well, i know it's bullshit. First a poisoner would msot likely Sk, since a direct kill profit mafia ( less town votes). Knowing that, it would mean that the mafia kill was blocked. THats a unlikely occurence.

What happened is that Dariush got killed by mafia, and Phantom want to look effective at the start.

The rest is character assessment, which is a bit shit when Tylui is gone. I can concur that Tylui was probably a bit noobish, seeing what he did with his abilities.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 20, 2012, 09:41:19 pm »

What about N2?

He did not investigate anyone N2.

Phantom:  Do you think that investigation result excuses his lack of hunting anyone else?  Do you think it is conclusive proof of Tylui's guilt?
Heck no to both.  I have no clue what Deathsword was doing, but judging by his posts he seemed to have been stressed out, distracted, or something.  Even if my theory that he thought that Tylui had poisoned Dariush is right, there's still two days of him tunneling.  After reviewing some more, the best I can come up with to explain his actions is this:

D1: Questions Tylui, isn't satisfied so he continues pressure
N1: Tracks Tylui, receives results that he targeted Dariush
D2: Something to do with a hospital causes stress/lack of time, so he just continues to press Tylui instead of taking the time to hunt around
N2: For some reason chooses not to track anyone that night, and instead chooses to do something else.
D3: Sees Dariush die, possibly concludes that he was Poisoned by Tylui, so he continues to press him, then quits due to the stress which was impacting his performance.

The poisoning is at best speculation, and has little impact on my decision, it's just on small straw on the back of a camel that's already broken.  Even if he hadn't have tracked him N1, I would still be voting him for lurking and avoiding questions like a noobscum.

MPB
Knowing that, it would mean that the mafia kill was blocked. THats a unlikely occurence.

Unlikely, but possible.  Why are you so eager to dismiss the chance that it was?

I'm considering doing a full claim of my night actions, but I can't do so without revealing my full role, and it still feels too early for a mass-claim, which I'm worried it might set off.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 20, 2012, 09:55:49 pm »

Well, considering that I know that it's bullshit gives me an advantage. I know exactly what he did, so it's pretty easy for me.

ALso, to had to your Deathsword thing. Tylui targeted Dariush on N2, Not N1, unless I was misinformed by wubba. Merits investigation.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 20, 2012, 09:58:48 pm »

You guys should duel out your differences.  :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 20, 2012, 10:09:37 pm »

Well, considering that I know that it's bullshit gives me an advantage. I know exactly what he did, so it's pretty easy for me.

ALso, to had to your Deathsword thing. Tylui targeted Dariush on N2, Not N1, unless I was misinformed by wubba. Merits investigation.

Welp, unless Wuba messed up one of our PMs, now I know you're lying.  My PM clearly states that Tylui targeted Dariush on Night 1, not 2. 

Webadict: Please confirm that there are no errors in either PM sent to the replacements.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 20, 2012, 10:12:05 pm »

Welp, unless Wuba messed up one of our PMs, now I know you're lying.  My PM clearly states that Tylui targeted Dariush on Night 1, not 2. 

Webadict: Please confirm that there are no errors in either PM sent to the replacements.

We'll have to wait on him, since I swear on my pm it's N2

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 20, 2012, 10:19:53 pm »

Ok, Just got news from Wubba

Tylui targeted Dariush both night, with 2 different abilities.

That settles that

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 20, 2012, 10:22:40 pm »

Well Dariush died N2 and since you targeted him that night, well, its kinda suspicious y'know?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 20, 2012, 10:37:14 pm »

Yeah ? Still pretty damn flimsy for proof. May have been something else, like a block or a scan ? Because that's what actually happened.

I don't mind you trying, but still.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 20, 2012, 11:10:46 pm »

Well Dariush died N2 and since you targeted him that night, well, its kinda suspicious y'know?
Yes it is.  Can you tell us exactly what you did to Dariush N2 MBP?  I don't understand why you're being vague at this point unless you can't think of a lie.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 20, 2012, 11:15:45 pm »

N2: For some reason chooses not to track anyone that night, and instead chooses to do something else.
Does this mean Deathsword decided not to use his track ability N2?  "Chooses to do something else" is too vague.

So, from what I can see:

1. Phantom tracks MBP N1 and sees he's targeting Dariush.
2. Phantom does something else N2 while MBP does something to Dariush again?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 20, 2012, 11:39:30 pm »

Does this mean Deathsword decided not to use his track ability N2?  "Chooses to do something else" is too vague.

So, from what I can see:

1. Phantom tracks MBP N1 and sees he's targeting Dariush.
2. Phantom does something else N2 while MBP does something to Dariush again?

You are correct, Deathsword did not use his tracking ability N2 and instead used another ability.  I personally would have used the tracking ability as I find it more useful in general and would be of more help in this situation, but I then again I don't have the ability to see into the future so... ¯\(-_-)/¯

Yeah ? Still pretty damn flimsy for proof. May have been something else, like a block or a scan ? Because that's what actually happened.

I don't mind you trying, but still.

You seem to be getting agitated Mysteriousbluescum. Any particular reason why?  I never claimed it as proof, just a possibility, and neither did zombie as far as I can see.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 20, 2012, 11:47:15 pm »

Well, i know it's bullshit. First a poisoner would msot likely Sk, since a direct kill profit mafia ( less town votes).
MBP: Please reword this.  I cannot actually understand this.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 20, 2012, 11:55:11 pm »

Ugh.   Missed the preview button.

MBP: Alright, who are your suspects and why?

Phantom: Why did you do what partial claiming you've done?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 21, 2012, 12:14:31 am »

Phantom: Why did you do what partial claiming you've done?

I felt it was needed to explain my predecessors actions, and it seemed like useful information to present to the town.  Added to this is that I wasn't sure if the extend would pass, so I thought it would be in the town's best interests if they had the information before my possible death; as I'm assuming we don't have a medium available.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44