Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Babbling Vampire  (Read 1689 times)

Tripphippy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Babbling Vampire
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:20:44 pm »

I have a Vampire who is so miserable she babbles and runs around naked. I locked her in a cell behind a glass window. My question is what will happen to her? Normally dwarves will die of old age but do vampires die of old age? Do I have a perpetual babbler?

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
Re: Babbling Vampire
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:25:49 pm »

Probably. Put her in a room where dwarves can see her and laugh.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
  • Back after a long hiatus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:26:27 pm »

Probably. Put her in a room where dwarves can see her and laugh.

I vote for a vampire zoo.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 05:27:24 pm »

I have a Vampire who is so miserable she babbles and runs around naked. I locked her in a cell behind a glass window. My question is what will happen to her? Normally dwarves will die of old age but do vampires die of old age? Do I have a perpetual babbler?

Yes. Unless something kills her (such as a building destroyer who breaks the window, or a murderous ghost) she will be insane forever. Normally insane dwarves die of thirst or starvation, but this doesn't apply to vampires.

As long as she lives, your fort will not end, even if everyone else dies (this doesn't apply to berserk dwarves). She would be your only dwarf until more migrants came. Keep her as a soul jar/phylactery/horcrux/etc. for your fort.

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 05:30:45 pm »

Keep her as a soul jar/phylactery/horcrux/etc. for your fort.

I think you mean "mascot".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 06:34:57 pm »

Make a big ol' enclosure surrounded with glass/gem windows and a walkway above for maximum entertainment. Bonus points if you can get the vampire to nom things in its insane state.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 09:16:29 pm »

Make a big ol' enclosure surrounded with glass/gem windows and a walkway above for maximum entertainment. Bonus points if you can get the vampire to nom things in its insane state.
I vote children.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »

Vampire zoos each vampire you drive insane trapped in a box for all to see... GENIUS

Cereus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 11:54:33 pm »

As said above, unless you plan to kill her or use her to make your entire fort into vampires you might as well just lock her away somewhere and forget about her.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 04:01:56 am »

Bonus points for flooding your vampire zoo to make it an aquarium. Even more bonus points if you add a lever that makes the vampire bleed into a well for you.

xXEldestXx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 10:24:53 am »

Maybe, in a future version, it might be possible to collect an army of insane vampires and use them to repel invaders.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:27 am »

Danger room her too. Just imagine if goblins break in and keep missing some deranged lunatic.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 10:50:48 am »

Maybe, in a future version, it might be possible to collect an army of insane vampires and use them to repel invaders.

I've considered making an army of berserker military vampires :D
It should be at least theorically doable, trap them with full steel ( or bluemetal ) outfit, get them stuck into a room with cage trap and wait for them to go bonker. If no berserk, get the next batch of useless migrants to drink some vamp blood and try again.

Of course I've never heard anyone doing it successfully, nor husked dwarves, but it sounds like an awesome idea.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 10:52:09 am »

It should be at least theorically doable, trap them with full steel ( or bluemetal ) outfit, get them stuck into a room with cage trap and wait for them to go bonker. If no berserk, get the next batch of useless migrants to drink some vamp blood and try again.

Of course I've never heard anyone doing it successfully, nor husked dwarves, but it sounds like an awesome idea.
Until you realize that their closest target is you.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:49 am »

Until you realize that their closest target is you.
Risk risk, that's what airlock and buncha cages are for :D
Of course, that depends on the overseer knowing what they're doing, don't it?
( I don't even know if husks are trapavoid or not, well it's all the more FUN if they are, eh? )
Pages: [1] 2