Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Houses of the Rising Suns 2 OOC Thread  (Read 5908 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Houses of the Rising Suns 2 OOC Thread
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:25:23 am »

For all your OOCly needs.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
Re: Houses of the Rising Suns 2 OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:31:03 am »

Obligatory first.

Behave guys, we're all players, enjoying this game. Maybe more than others, but still. No insults, 'kay?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 12:20:25 pm »

Well, I don't think that Tavius will have any more reason to be fair and honest with his dealings with house nova now.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 12:22:33 pm »

And right as I join the house as well, my timing sucks.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 01:46:52 pm »

So, what exactly is the math here leading up to Roims death?

It seems suspicious. Did Azthor plan all the assassination, the virus bomb, and the discrediting? If so, lol. Lucky him, all those worked perfectly with no downsides whatsoever. Yeah.

I wish I was that lucky.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 01:58:45 pm »

So, what exactly is the math here leading up to Roims death?

It seems suspicious. Did Azthor plan all the assassination, the virus bomb, and the discrediting? If so, lol. Lucky him, all those worked perfectly with no downsides whatsoever. Yeah.

I wish I was that lucky.

Planning, opportunism and luck.  The virus bomb was an opportunity I used by discrediting you and, since Roim would be far too powerful had he taken the role of Patriarch, I had to dispose of him then and there for the coup to come to fruition. The assassin had been hired in advance, of course. I took risks, yes, and there is no doubting that rolls could have turned the situation 180º, but in the end, I was the Lady's chosen victor.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:00:26 pm by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 02:50:47 pm »

Dwarmin if you are now aiming at calling me out on being not impartial, you should be ashamed. I know you go through some tough times but this is a simply a game and i honestly don't see your point, if you have a problem with how you went out of the Game or that Part where you were sent to Vengeance fine we can talk about that, but everything else went down correctly. The Virus Bomb was there before even the Siege of Ravenhorst started, you can ask Ardas about that if you want. Next the assassination was composed of horribly good luck on sides of Azthor, i did more than 15 rolls which all played into Roims eventual Death, if you are not convinced on the veracity of that ask Azthor,Dragor or Sheb all have been provided with the Rolls going on in that Assassination and if you want i can provide you too with the Pm's.

And finally your own Character being right in front of Roims Assassination. I went even so far as to forbid an assassination on your Character due to you wanting to drop out of the game only for a while. Azthor had a lucky run on that whole thing and the discrediting thing was rolled by Dragor and not me, it was even rolled without my knowledge, so i figure you want to blame him too on being not impartial. Although to my knowledge now he used a list with Names on whom the Blame for the Bombs would go (1 Azthor, 2 Aeverys, 3 Delvos, 4,5,6 Bull)

Honestly i am taken aback. A game is a game. Sometimes you have luck sometimes you fuck up, that's it. If you lose then lose at least with diginity and stop that crapping about. If you have problems in RL and need to leave off steam go ahead and do so in RL but don't come here and project whatever is happening on Azthor having a shitload of luck and claiming that i play a foul game here.

And finally and this is to all the players (and maybe even Readers): If you have problems with how i manage this Game and think i am not impartial/rolling correctly/too harsh/too soft go ahead and start your own game and/or leave this one but stop the fucking complaints and passive aggressive Shitstorm, i have enough of this Asshat-Behaviour in RL i don't come here to have the same, Good Riddance.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »

Lol, Sheb tried to stay true and honest to his character, and it was stupid for him not to kill everyone apparently. So whats the point of playing someone whose not an assassin-happy lunatic, like you are did Azthor? At least my character would have dueled you to the death. It made no sense for a sane person to kill Roim after he led a mostly successful campaign, and would be enjoying popularity with the people and whats left of the army. Usually someone who assassinates a popular leader just burns the country down in a mass civil war.

Then again, can Ghaz really reset the game like that? I don't think so, and you know that too Azthor. Which is why you did this. I can't fault your tactics, but it's antithetical to my personality.

That's the problem with these sorts of games IMO.

Eventually the roleplayers lose to the metagamers. And everything gets boring. I hope I'm wrong about you.

Go ahead and disagree with me, but is there any reason you won't kill shoots new char as soon as he steps off the ship? Or have him in line to be killed immediately once he does something you don't like? You'll only really leave yourself open as much as you are perceived not to be cheating blatantly. Tell me I'm wrong.

Note, I have opposition to anything that actually happened in the game-I was already gone. I'm just opening a dialogue.

Ninja Ghaz: Read above. Grow a thicker skin, yeah? And, I left this here game a long time ago for a reason. Don't take things so personally...man. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 03:10:57 pm »

Actually, the complaints are worth looking over, since they are criticism in a way. (I do not condone the passive-aggressiveness in any way however.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 04:20:33 pm »

First of all, I don't want to criticize anybody. (Except maybe Azthor, who will have some fun trying to reign a country that just saw it's 2 leaders killed/incapacitated, and with the murdrer still in hands of Nova houseguard.(Which are probably loyal to Dwarmin, since in game she hasn't died yet, and will probably wan't revenge. Could have just poisoned him and reigned while he was incapable, or something.))

Anyway, just a quick analysis I made for fun.
Spoiler: Roim survival chance (click to show/hide)

If my calculations are anywhere near the truth, then the odds are always in Roims favour. And that's not even including the chance of a misfire, which is probably around 50-25% (Divide chance by 2/ 1.5)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 04:32:22 pm »

Does it really matter?
He's dead and it's done.
Knowing the odds does not really change anything.
He killed him and now he, me and shoot will have to live with the consequences and try to avoid civil war.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 04:36:05 pm »

Of course it doesn't. As said before, just an analysis I did for fun.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 05:17:03 pm »

((Was also sent to Dragor as a Witness in case complaints arise.))

Roim is tightly guarded in the midst of his army:

Security Detail:
Personal Power-Armoured Guard Detachment: 2 Men
Heightened Security: [5]3 Additional Security Details (3x2 Security Guards (Imperial Weaponry)
In War: 1 Additional Security Detail (1 Power Armoured Guard)

Even approaching the Spaceport will prove dangerous.
[6]Luckily due to being in your own army you could aquire a Regular Officer Uniform for Red. (Power-Armours need training and would take month to learn)  (Infiltration Malus reduced to -1)

[5] Turns out there are some severe problems concerning Security as to the openess of the spaceport. THis allows for a clear shot from a nearby wooded copse. (no difficulty rating for the shot)

[5] The Copse is lightly guarded and you should have no problem reaching it. (2 Guards stationed there)

How Should Red approach the Copse? Openly and try to send them away in his officers uniform, or should he try and kill the guards or knock them out?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 05:19:07 pm »

I'd personally go openly.

But what did he choose?

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 05:29:27 pm »

(for Dragors, convenience Azthor ordered to infiltrate the place.))

[4] Though some Guards see Red approach the Copse, they dont interfere, after all he is an officer. [5-1] The guards are ordered away with some discussion, telling them that he saw some soldiers are mucking about. Calmly Red takes his position and prepares to shoot. [4+2] From afar he cant be seen in his current position not even a muzzle flash should he shoot.

(3+3) His aim is almost flawless the shot hits Roim directly in the throat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7