Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Chosen Path - Game thread, This inn smells.  (Read 4552 times)

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Chosen Path - Game thread, This inn smells.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 12:32:09 pm »

"Is there anything you could think of for us four to aid you in?" Kyra looked at the rest of her friends - minus that Hunter. "We all share the same idea here, right?"

Samuel speaks up "No, Thank you for the offer but we have enough supplies to make the return trip and require nothing more"

"Not unless you intend to join The Striders"  Louden says as he looks the group over "We are in need of able bo-."

"Louden! You can't be serious, do they look like fighters to you?" Samuel says loudly.

"We do not just need fighters, Samuel. We need people at the base who have other skills then slaying beasts" Pierce adds.

The old man rubs his chin "Like I said, before I was rudely interrupted" He gives Samuel a glare "We are in need of able bodies, our presence is small in this corner of the world"
"I will tell you that we don't just accept anybody, you will need to be capable of at least some basic combat. Even if you don't intend to sign up for the hunters." He looks Kyra in the eye "Are you still interested?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »

Kyra looked at the rest, deciding to go with the majority vote.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 02:05:58 pm »

"Well, I know I could follow you. Movement has been slow down in the smithy, the other smith can take care of it himself and I want to help make these lands safer." Caern says, crossing his silvery metallic arms in front of him.

The half-golem scratches the back of his head and runs his gaze over the hunters. "I'm not sure about joining the hunters, though. Also, do you have anything to say we should be warned about beforehand?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »

"Clair can handle my shop by herself, as for combat I'm one of better trap maker, give me 10 minutes, some components and I will of turned a hallway in to a killing zone." Jacob scratch his chin "beside new market to ply my goods to is alway good."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »

"Well, I know I could follow you. Movement has been slow down in the smithy, the other smith can take care of it himself and I want to help make these lands safer." Caern says, crossing his silvery metallic arms in front of him.

The half-golem scratches the back of his head and runs his gaze over the hunters. "I'm not sure about joining the hunters, though. Also, do you have anything to say we should be warned about beforehand?"

Loudens looks at Caern "Well.. the job is very dangerous of course." he says with a grin "But besides the threat of ending up in the belly of some creature you should know that you will be required to stay in service for at least one year. We will be training and equipping you and we expect to be at least paid back for that." he rubs his chin again "Seems like you aren't to familiar with our organization so allow me to tell you a bit more about us"

"We are called the Striders, We are a a self-governing organization specialized in the eradication of monsters and beasts. Anybody can hire us as long as they got the money to pay us." "We mostly get hired by the government of Analdor though, to range into the Wildlands to remove any dangerous beasts near the border and sometimes we get send deeper to map the place. Very dangerous work but it pays well." He dumps a pouch full of crowns on the table. "We got this from the chimera we killed."

"Our organization is split in two separate groups. The hunters and The Gatherers." "The hunters are people like us. We do the actual slaying, the dangerous part. The Gatherers are charged with the maintenance of our base and equipment, tending our wounded, the gathering of missions, information, food, supplies and whatever else we may need done. The larger branches even have people to research the creatures we slay." Louden scoffs at this. "Waste of time if you ask me, All we need to know is how to slay it. Not how it craps."

"The Gatherers job tends to be a lot safer since they tend to stay in the country proper, not all the time though. Sometimes they will be required to come with us on missions to map the Wildlands or to gather special ingredients that need a special touch. This is why we require everybody to be able to fight."

"I'll be honest with you; It's not a easy life. And I wouldn't have asked you if our branch hadn't fallen on hard times" He looks a bit older as he says this.

He leans back into his chair "Is there anything else you wish to know?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »

Kyra was confused. The confusion was all over her face. She wished she had more of that honeywine to clear her thoughts.

"Hold it. You had me at 'eradication of beasts'. Surely there cannot be such things to wild that any hand could tame them!"

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 03:56:42 pm »

Kyra was confused. The confusion was all over her face. She wished she had more of that honeywine to clear her thoughts.

"Hold it. You had me at 'eradication of beasts'. Surely there cannot be such things to wild that any hand could tame them!"

Louden raises a eyebrow "When I am talking about 'beasts' I am not talking about a cute puppy. I am talking about 20 tons of muscle and teeth trying to kill you."

"Some of them can be tamed when they are found young but this happens rarely. It is often to dangerous to capture a beast alive, let alone keep it around." Pierce adds with a soft voice.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 03:59:02 pm »

"A whole year, hum?" the blacksmith says, more to himself than the hunters.

A year linked to an organization he barely knew and away from the village he had been born into...That idea seemed doomed to bring and cause problems in a true myriad of ways.
"Which equipment and training would the Striders grant us then? A minimum of one year is a good period of time, and I'd expect their part of the deal to be attractive. Any support for blacksmiths, such as good metal and forges?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 04:02:48 pm »

"Like I said. Surely there cannot be such things too wild that any hand could tame them!" Kyra repeated, inflicting the syllabication on the one word that mattered, raising her eyebrow in turn.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »

"Fight? Oh, dear." Delys chuckles nervously. "I don't know the butt end from the sharp end on a spear. I guess I'm out, then." Delys sips again, worried that every one of her friends except herself will be off, leaving her alone. She should have tried to learn something, maybe quarterstaffs from Kyra.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:17 pm »

"It's not all about fighting, Delys. I am sure your abilities will be called to use soon enough - especially with your knack with those liquids and...other concoctions."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 05:44:52 pm »

"Well, Delys. He did mention there is a group that doesn't get into too much action." the tall man says, staring at the apothecarian.

Caern smiles as he reminisces of the girl's abilities.
"And even if you got into open combat, I'm sure you could stand in the rearguard and toss some nice concotions at any threats."
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 02:37:00 am »

"Well, Delys. He did mention there is a group that doesn't get into too much action." the tall man says, staring at the apothecarian.

"I thought he said that all people need at least some fighting skill."

"And even if you got into open combat, I'm sure you could stand in the rearguard and toss some nice concotions at any threats."

"Oh, I'll be sure to throw them. I just hope I manage to not accidentally hit you square in the head." she jokes.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 06:25:51 am »

"Which equipment and training would the Striders grant us then? A minimum of one year is a good period of time, and I'd expect their part of the deal to be attractive. Any support for blacksmiths, such as good metal and forges?"

"You will be given equipment appropriate to your roll within the organization. You all will all be trained how to fight a variety of monsters and beasts along with basic combat and tactics." Louden says.

"We have a forge present at the base although it will probably need some repairs, it hasn't been used since our only blacksmith left the Striders. Metals can be arranged with the Gatherers."
"Otherwise the only attractive part of our job is the money. Some hunters leave after a few years and they start their own shop or buy a big house with the money they have earned."

"Like I said. Surely there cannot be such things too wild that any hand could tame them!" Kyra repeated, inflicting the syllabication on the one word that mattered, raising her eyebrow in turn.

"Like I said, it's not impossible if you find them young but adults can rarely be tamed. They are just to set in their wild ways and it is much to dangerous to try." "This of course varies with each species but it's the general rule of thumb." Pierce explains.

Louden looks at Delys. "You are a alchemist? We would certainly welcome somebody of your skills. And it's like I said, you will be given training to learn how to fight."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:39 am »

Caern smiles and extends his metallic hand to the man for a friendly handshake.
"Sir, then you have a deal with me. I think it is a good opportunity for both the group and me."

"I guess I'm joining them. This is a chance to further my skills which I wouldn't have by living the rest of my life in this village. It is my home, but...I only need to tell my family goodbye." the half-golem completes.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4