Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bypassing filtered Internet.  (Read 1760 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Bypassing filtered Internet.
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:18:56 am »

Ok, so whomever setup the internet servers here in the university hospital doesn't seem to get enough sex and they set up filters to almost evey non 'srs bsnss' website in existence (somehow bay12 isn't in the
It's though).
 I want to bypass this bullshit so I may watch cat videos on my iPad, but how? A proxy? If so any recommended good ones?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bypassing filtered Internet.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:37:06 am »

I find that www.hidemyass.com and www.youtuberepeater.com generally meet most of my proxy needs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:42:14 am »

Download tor browser.

There is also another alternative, airsomething but its most likely a hacked network. Use it from linux and without doing secure stuff if at all
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:47:41 am »

I only have my iPad in the hospital, so I'm limited to apple's bullshit. It does support http proxies though.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:03:36 am »

btunnel!  Unsafe for all your surfing needs!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:13:56 pm »

VPN

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 02:19:44 pm »

My company developed this: https://all4xs.net/press-release/

It's useful for setting up a re-routing service yourself, as a Wordpress plugin.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »

Heh, our government is so extreme at this internet filtering thing, everybody who lives here knows how to deal with proxies and such eventually. Did you know that Youtube and Blogger is banned country-wide? It sucks when the government doesn't know anything about internet. I'm talking about Turkey, by the way.

There are a lot of X(as in random letter)tunnels you can use (maybe there is even a real xtunnel.com) but they are usually annoying with all these ads and stuff. Whenever I try to reach a website that is banned, I just google it and get the cached version of it from Google. If it fails, I use tunnels or change the DNS options.

We are talking about iPad here, so either tunnels or that link Siquo posted looks worth a shot.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:23:10 pm »

Heh, our government is so extreme at this internet filtering thing, everybody who lives here knows how to deal with proxies and such eventually. Did you know that Youtube and Blogger is banned country-wide? It sucks when the government doesn't know anything about internet. I'm talking about Turkey, by the way.

There are a lot of X(as in random letter)tunnels you can use (maybe there is even a real xtunnel.com) but they are usually annoying with all these ads and stuff. Whenever I try to reach a website that is banned, I just google it and get the cached version of it from Google. If it fails, I use tunnels or change the DNS options.

We are talking about iPad here, so either tunnels or that link Siquo posted looks worth a shot.

Wow, that is trashy. Here it is just some idiot thinking he has the moral high ground to decide which sites are to be blacklisted or not in the hospital's wi-fi router. Becuase the rest of the university's entire internet service is unfiltered.  ::)

Also, tadpoles.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 12:57:09 am »

Most places that block sites block proxys too. But you can use Bing Translator, tell it to translate from English to English, and paste the link to whatever site that you want there. It'll take you there, but you won't be able to log into anything. It's still better than nothing though.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 01:22:31 am »

Wow, that is trashy. Here it is just some idiot thinking he has the moral high ground to decide which sites are to be blacklisted or not in the hospital's wi-fi router. Becuase the rest of the university's entire internet service is unfiltered.  ::)
So he pretty much thinks he is the king of the hospital or something?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:25:29 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 12:43:37 pm »

So he pretty much thinks he is the king of the hospital or something?
All i have to say.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 10:12:48 pm »

Oh, he is the king alright.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 09:43:15 am »

There's a list of circumventor websites at https://twitter.com/circumventors