Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Been a long time but trying my hand at my *second ever* fort. (Advice needed)  (Read 1274 times)

AmpsterMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I usually find it helpful to have a specific industry set up for exports. I like to do clear glass goblets, though it can be a bit fuel and wood intesive. If you can get your hands on it, Kaolinite is very good for export purposes as well. If that fails, I fall back on dyed clothing. If not, prepared meals. My last resort is rock crafts   :-\.

Tl;dr it is important to have an export industry set up before the end of the year.

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well. I have lost everything, by mother nature. in real life. had some sort of nasty power surge. my surge protector did not stop it. fried my power supply and motherboard. unsure as to the state of the CPU and Memory.

logging on an an ancient machine I used to run servers on back in the day..not even sure if this would run DF :(

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile

Run? Probably not. But perhaps hobble. If don't mind hobbling through a fort it should be OK. More time for planning! or something.

My condolences for your loss.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks. Does not help that I just fixed the thing and put new parts in it like three months ago. same parts that just fried.
Pages: 1 [2]