Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49680 times)

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #360 on: December 19, 2012, 08:32:05 am »

That will be ironic when the revolution comes... I mean killing the Mountainhomes' army with weapons made of metals they gave you.
I support it though.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 19, 2012, 09:05:52 am »

Journal of Lt Alfred

I have received a new letter from the mountainhomes, it was delivered by Shinn, the captain of the Skyfire brigade, it reads:

"Lieutenant Alfred, your last letter has caused the king much hardship, Hammerscar is almost lost to the Revolutionaries but they can be beaten without wasting blood, but because of the radicals lust for blood, our kingdom's friendship with the human empire is in danger,  so it is your task to stop the Radicals from further harming any humans and for that, the king has sent 4 of his legion soldiers to help you, they said they know you and have worked under your command before, they will arrive undercover disguised as refugees.
The king has also ordered the Skyfire Brigade to help you, they will arrive at proximately the same time as the migrants, and if you're reading this it means that you and their captain have already shared some words with each other."

The Skyfire brigade, not much is left of it, only the leader and 3 other men with hardly any real experience, at least they're here unlike the four dwarfs who were supposed to help me, in the letter it's said that they worked under my command, I have yet to see any of them tough enough to be like the men I have served with.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 19, 2012, 09:09:10 am »

Sitting around chugging sunshine and whip flour and berry roasts instead of fighting and training hard has that effect on a soldier. I'll try my best to pick out what's best in the unconscripted masses to serve as your loyalist squad.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 19, 2012, 09:13:29 am »

Ordering them to train for every month for the rest of their lives will fix that I'm sure, they'll be sorry they ever volunteered to serve as Lt Alfred's squad.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 19, 2012, 09:19:45 am »

Aren't they undercover?  ;D

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 19, 2012, 10:01:03 am »

Nah, I thought I explained this? probably not, anyway they won't be undercover, they'll be somewhat undercover they'll be like neutral/only care about HammerScar's safety but actually be loyalists and only care about beating the Radicals and Revolutionaries to control Hammerscar in the name of his majesty! so they'll fight side by side with the revolutionaries every now and then.

Also, shouldn't Pan be the unofficial Baron appointed by the king because of his "loyalty" while Alfred and Shinn will share the position of unofficial captain? not as in actually being in the nobles and admins list but only be treated as that by the loyal citizens of Hammerscar, of course this will also cause sects or whatever they're called being formed between the citizens but isn't that what HammerScar is all about?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:40 am »

Ah, yes you did explain this. My bad. And yes, fight the Blackdiamonds together! They and their leader Brewster are the ones undermining Hammerscar with their uncontrolled killings.

The thing about factions is that Hammerscar's citizen are 80 - 90% revolutionary or radical. That's why they came here, after all, to get away from the corruptness of the Empire back home. Loyalists are often divided in how loyal they are, and will always be the undercover minority.

Also, Pan just wants what's best for Hammerscar - he doesn't like the King too much, either, but he knows if this all carries on we'll die from the Crown's wrath. Shinn and Alfred are more loyal to the Crown than he is.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 19, 2012, 11:40:43 am »

I guess when the revolutionaries win, Alfred and Shinn will have to leave Hammerscar and find refuge somewhere else to escape the wrath of the king for failing the task he gave them.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 19, 2012, 12:23:28 pm »

I guess when the revolutionaries win, Alfred and Shinn will have to leave Hammerscar and find refuge somewhere else to escape the wrath of the king for failing the task he gave them.

That, or they'll see the decadence of the king and join the true dwarves! Also yeah, we probably need iron. And bronze.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2012, 12:51:18 pm »

I would try to take a turn but so far, all the saves of Hammerscar that I have downloaded get 0 FPS so I can't really do anything at all but look.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 19, 2012, 04:35:55 pm »

Could I be dorfed as "littlebear"? thanks
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:55 pm »

Could I be dorfed as "littlebear"? thanks

Which faction?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 19, 2012, 05:08:04 pm »

EPIPHANY

We won't die from goblins or tantrum spiral but the dreaded FPS monster.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 19, 2012, 06:09:27 pm »

Revolutionaries please.  I don't care about skills or anything, but a part in the military'd be cool.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 19, 2012, 06:49:43 pm »

(thinks it's time the garbage compactor should be used!)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35