Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49731 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #285 on: December 13, 2012, 07:28:12 am »

the Blackdiamonds aren't the only skilled markdwarves anymore...

Ten fully fed and thirsted, daily training for 2 years, with many recent kills under their belts

vs.

Four half starved and dehydrated, exhausted, shit-armored nincompoops

Anywho, Pan... it's your turn, you do what you want, I've already PM'ed you my vote.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 13, 2012, 08:29:01 am »

the Blackdiamonds aren't the only skilled markdwarves anymore...

Ten fully fed and thirsted, daily training for 2 years, with many recent kills under their belts

vs.

Four half starved and dehydrated, exhausted, shit-armored nincompoops
I didn't mean it that way, I meant the brigade will help against the goblins, even if the Blackdiamonds won't. By the way, if the Blackdiamonds don't help, won't the people think of them as cowards?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 13, 2012, 08:35:05 am »

Who cares what dead people think of you! :-P

Anywho... my vote is still for killing them.

I agree though, we'll probably die of starvation or something else silly before we get a siege.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 13, 2012, 09:43:17 am »

Argh... now the goblins aren't ambushing for some reason...  :(

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 13, 2012, 10:27:49 am »

They know we are onto them.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

Fear The Amish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 13, 2012, 11:33:56 am »

would like a dwarf and a turn if able

Amish Hammerdwarf (any militia dwarf will do)

Amish was born in the Mountain home to family of traders. During a trip to an outlying fortress they were ambushed by a group of elven bandit's were his entire family was slaughtered. Luckily his mother shoved him into a wooden barrel of dwarven ale so the elves wouldn't find him. After the bandits left he buried his family and made his trip back to the Mountain Home. Once there he began to train continually with his weapons swearing to one day avenge the loss of his family be killing any and all Elves. After years in the militia and countless battles have hardened him into a tough militarily minded dwarf who believes in Order, Discipline, Training.

(and a heads up been playing DF for years but first succession fortress so might need some help with uploading etc.)

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 13, 2012, 12:12:58 pm »

would like a dwarf and a turn if able

Amish Hammerdwarf (any militia dwarf will do)

Amish was born in the Mountain home to family of traders. During a trip to an outlying fortress they were ambushed by a group of elven bandit's were his entire family was slaughtered. Luckily his mother shoved him into a wooden barrel of dwarven ale so the elves wouldn't find him. After the bandits left he buried his family and made his trip back to the Mountain Home. Once there he began to train continually with his weapons swearing to one day avenge the loss of his family be killing any and all Elves. After years in the militia and countless battles have hardened him into a tough militarily minded dwarf who believes in Order, Discipline, Training.

(and a heads up been playing DF for years but first succession fortress so might need some help with uploading etc.)

Noted. You're in the first post.

Also, I was dying from my big, written assignment, so I sat down with my guitar, and jammed a bit. I came up with this little piece, dedicated to Pan, the reluctant overseer, conflicted defendant of the Mountainhomes: https://soundcloud.com/australianwinter/pans-melody
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Fear The Amish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 13, 2012, 01:07:16 pm »

(OOC) so i noticed the Revolutionaries and the Radicals all have a militant wing and the loyalists have a whopping 3 archers... also the loyalists seem vastly under manned so i think i can help with this if the next overseer is willing to play ball.

Personal journal Entry of Amish 1

I have received a new mission from the Militia Marshal. It seems there is a new Fortress named Hammerscar and it needs someone of my special skills. Trade to and from this place has started to become disrupted and some very startling reports have started to return from Agent Alfred. The Marshal has requested that i immigrate there and integrate myself into their militia under the guise of a friend of these so called "BlackDiamonds" and raise a squad of Hammerdwarves. After we reach proper training and size we will be able to take control of the fort away from these Radicals and Revolutionaries and bring it back into line with to our Noble and Honorable Empire. Looking at the list of resources it looks like bronze armor and Silver hammers are going to be our best choice. I will need to contact Lt Alfred and a former Overseer named Pan when i arrive.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 13, 2012, 01:25:41 pm »

(OOC) so i noticed the Revolutionaries and the Radicals all have a militant wing and the loyalists have a whopping 3 archers... also the loyalists seem vastly under manned so i think i can help with this if the next overseer is willing to play ball.

I have received a new mission from the Militia Marshal. It seems there is a new Fortress named Hammerscar and it needs someone of my special skills. Trade to and from this place has started to become disrupted and some very startling reports have started to return from Agent Alfred. The Marshal has requested that i immigrate there and integrate myself into their militia under the guise of a friend of these so called "BlackDiamonds" and raise a squad of Hammerdwarves. After we reach proper training and size we will be able to take control of the fort away from these Radicals and Revolutionaries and bring it back into line with to our Noble and Honorable Empire. Looking at the list of resources it looks like bronze armor and Silver hammers are going to be our best choice. I will need to contact Lt Alfred and a former Overseer named Pan when i arrive.

Remember that the Loyalists consider themselves allied with the elves. Other than that, welcome aboard!
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Fear The Amish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 13, 2012, 01:28:12 pm »

Remember that the Loyalists consider themselves allied with the elves. Other than that, welcome aboard!

i know =) that is whats going to make it "interesting" it gives me plenty of room to jump either way based on how Pan/Brewster take things. because the mission is one thing but the reality of the situation another.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 13, 2012, 01:29:38 pm »

Oh, you'll fit right in! ... I'm starting to fear, that every following overseer will carve out a new faction. It's hard enough as it is to understand anything in Hammerscar.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 13, 2012, 01:44:32 pm »

Entry XV - This is not for you

Grimnir was troubled. Tirion and him had discussed for many nights, down in the secret meeting room Tirion had constructed. Many newcomers, a lot of politics. It had dawned to them, that someone tried to take Hammerscar from them. Grimnir had seen dwarves, clad in silk and armour, clearly not the oppressed workers from the Mountainhomes. And as he walked down the Halls, he saw one of them, a smirking warrior named Shinn. He had seen Pan talking to him, and he was suspecting something or other. They were dwarves around in Hammerscar, dwarves who stood silently, with watchful eyes, and faces of contempt, whenever they saw Grimnir.

No, he thought. Hammerscar is not for them.

He walked to Shinn, quietly and in an orderly fashion. "Evening," Grimnir said, a cold bite and his voice. "Evening," answered Shinn, a tone of disdain in his. Grimnir breathed out quietly, but then he made a gesture towards Shinn, as if to hit him. He didn't, however, but in his eyes a fire roared.

"This is not for you!" he whsipered, as he stood close to Shinn. "Hammerscar is not for you - it is not for the nobles and the traders and the officers. It is for the weak, the oppressed and the forgotten. There are no statues to the glory of idle nobles in our halls, no barracks lined with gold and jewelry for the the children of barons to play in. You think us mad and bloodthirsty? You've forgotten the face of your father, and sworn alligience to a weak king, a coward-king who fancies himself a god! We've welcomed you, we've welcomed every single dwarf who came to our steps, but I tell you, Shinn of the Mountainhomes, do not betray my trust. Might be that Pan is overseer, and Brewster sits on a hidden throne, but I am not yet a forgotten figure. I forged this place, with my own hands, and I tell you, if your king comes to take it away from me, I pledge to him, a thousand cuts so deep he will see what he has become. But go on - play your masquerade with Pan. I'm sure you have your spies."

He paused for a moment. Grimnir had not uttered so many words in so rapid succession in a very long time. He spat at the floor.

"Armok have mercy on you. Your loyalty is filthy and crippled. There is only one thing we should be true to, and that is our brothers and sisters. Hammerscar is a tower, not another colony. Not another colony," he concluded, and left Shinn to his words. He didn't hear them. He did not want to hear them. Grimnir walked to the Hall of Speakers. Then he hesitated. What would happen if he publicly condemned Brewster and Pan? Bitter infighting, that's what. With a darkness in his eyes, he went to Tirion. "Come," he said. "We have plans to do."

"Plans. Plans about what?" said Tirion, as he finished a design in his labotory. "Revolution," said Grimnir grimly.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:46:25 pm by AustralianWinter »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 13, 2012, 02:13:55 pm »

Actually, this elven civilization is not the same we had previous contact with. Blame it on half the world being between the Mountainhomes and Hammerscar.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 13, 2012, 04:16:48 pm »

Oh, you'll fit right in! ... I'm starting to fear, that every following overseer will carve out a new faction. It's hard enough as it is to understand anything in Hammerscar.

I think we covered the main sides, any new factions probably won't be very popular.
Nice song by the way.
Edit: I just noticed that I'm not in the factions list, or the dwarfing list. I'm sure it's just oversight on your part, but... I'm kind of hurt because of that. :'(

Amish, are you seriously using that background again.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:23:22 pm by Kalemyr Skyfire »
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Fear The Amish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2012, 07:54:00 pm »

I think we covered the main sides, any new factions probably won't be very popular.
Nice song by the way.
Edit: I just noticed that I'm not in the factions list, or the dwarfing list. I'm sure it's just oversight on your part, but... I'm kind of hurt because of that. :'(

Amish, are you seriously using that background again.  ::)

two things... One its not a new faction i am gonna go with one of the 3 established ones (thought yall wanted more then 7 people to play) and Two i haven't been able to play it yet applied to 2 games and i have i think 7 years till i can play it on this one and lets be honest how many fortresses last's 14+ years. The other one hasn't had a response in it since i posted so.... yeah... it also kinda fits for someone who is really good/likes to build up a military and defenses.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35