Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49736 times)

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2012, 10:11:21 pm »

It would be pretty funny if: after this whole political power struggle, the fort dies by goblins or flood. Anything, menial like that.

Oh, hell no.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2012, 10:18:46 pm »

If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2012, 10:24:55 pm »

Hehe... that's sort of a theme. We're all absorbed in our worthless little politics, wasting energy snapping at each other while our enemies gather around us...

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 11, 2012, 10:26:11 pm »

This is dwarf fortress - of course we'll crash and burn. I'm just aiming to tell a great story first.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2012, 12:36:46 am »

If I can't get a siege engineer, give me a Blackdiamond again under Husk.

Actually, just give me the Blackdiamond. I have a entry written out already.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:15:29 am by Zombi »

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2012, 01:25:27 am »

Husk stood at the edge of the fortification, peering over the stone-backed dirt wall. His crossbow at the ready, he took aim at the innocent caravan in front of him. The dark, rough copper bolt inside his crossbow has been tailored by him himself to have the weight at the front of the bolt, its sharp tip gleaming in the sunlight. The crossbow, constructed from tower-cap wood and iron string, was an exquisite work of art on its own. The elves were, chatting, talking, making conversation with each other, not knowing what their fate. He put his finger on the lever of his crossbow, and took aim at a target. A female elf, relatively young of age, unpacking goods from the beast of burden. He looked around at the comrades next to him. Brewster, the veteran lieutenant of the group, marked targets out to the two Blackdiamonds beside him.

Pan stood in the opposite tower, scroll in hand.

Brewster stood up.

Pan stopped, the elves saw as the Blackdiamonds all stood in unison.

Husk was the first to fire.

The copper bolt, weight at front, struck the elf in the abdomen. The specially designed bolt, a “jack of all trades” pierced the rope reed robe, and entered her body. From there, the bolt tumbled, dealing irreversible damage to organs, and severing the intestines at several places. Finally, the bolt came to a stop, jutting half-out of her back. She fell, back, bleeding to death on the depot floor.

Husk drank more than he usually did that day.

Rock nut paste is a peculiar thing. The humans enjoy it in great quantities with either cane sugar, which is exported from the tropical and swampland regions, or dwarven sugar, which is highly prized in the human world for it’s unique taste and relative healthiness to cane sugar (doesn’t living around tons of minerals help?) The humans call it cacao, and much like dwarves, they press it into paste and into liqueur. Unlike dwarves, they almost exclusively eat it in a processed form, where the paste, liqueur, and sweetened milk are pressed into a hard bar.

What fear of death do you have,
when all is lost, and darkness reigns
when you become death, and you are fear.
Fear of death you do have,
because you only truly fear fear itself.
And when you are death
And you are fear
is that not all you have?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:13:38 pm by Zombi »

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 12, 2012, 03:04:58 am »

Turn everyone into vampires and control the blood supply. That is how you take over Hammerscar.

Edit: Also, we're still working together. But its a secret project going on while I help you.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:06:35 am by Masked_Hunter1825 »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 12, 2012, 06:04:35 am »

Nice, Zombi! I'm glad you're back. Thought we lost you for a while. Anyway I will dwarf you as a Blackdiamond. I had dwarfed you, as you requested, as a brewer. But he doesn't really do much so I don't really know what to do there...

Slight inconsistency, Pan was in the tower with the melee soldiers when the firing started. He saw what was about to happen, with the Blackdiamond arranging themselves to fire, then ran into the tower to argue with Reaver. Not a big inconsistency.

Love what you did with the rock nut paste! Mmm...  :P

Edit: Also, we're still working together. But its a secret project going on while I help you.

-.- That goes easier on the ears, I guess...

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 12, 2012, 08:01:42 am »

Kill'em!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2012, 09:24:37 am »

AW, is it possible to put up a poll? I want to see just who likes whatever faction the most, so I can properly influence my actions.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 12, 2012, 09:53:25 am »

Word of advice: use dfhack's "fixmerchants" and "fixdiplomats" functions, so we can make trade arrangements with the humies and have the elves declare war (once we're a Barony). And someone please edit the save's raws to give nails a healing rate ;)

Also, why did the glassmaker's mood fail? We should stock up on wool and silk. For the former, trade for sheep/alpaca/llama, we need breeding pairs. For the latter, explore the cavern and wall off as much of it as possible, we need the wood for charcoal and ash (soap, we gotta have soap!) and the plants growing there are good enough to provide some variety in drink- I guess we don't have dedicated cave wheat and sweet pod plantations, but some herbalists could gather that stuff. And who knows, we might find magmaaaaa  ;D ;D ;D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 12, 2012, 11:04:34 am »

Polls up. I'll be watching the Hobbit with my family this evening, then I'll put some work into the story thread.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2012, 05:59:32 pm »

What the hell guys? ZERO votes for Blackdiamond.... We'll be sealed up in our Hall when the goblins come and cream your clocks... then we'll see who votes for who.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »

Ah Brewster, but you forgot the Blackdiamonds aren't the only skilled markdwarves anymore...

At this rate, I'm pretty sure we're going to kill each other, before the goblins even siege us.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »

I'm a loyalist. Except i'm loyal in the way that I think Hammerscar must be destroyed or united very quickly. :D

On another note, whats the chance of a megabeast coming to layeth the smackdown on the fortress?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35