Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49650 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2012, 07:37:43 am »

Civilizations:
Chaslaylger, kobolds
Pevo Ayepa, The Bulb of Glee, elves
Udib Tadar, The Syrups of Mortality, dwarves
Behal Naquuv, The Kingdoms of Veiling, humans
Strosoamxu, The Jaundiced Seduction, goblins.

Also, Grau is my uncle. It's a small world.
Also, we have tetrahedrite. Why didn't you mention we have tetrahedrite?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:40:37 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2012, 07:38:11 am »

Well... I feel stupid and relieved.

Turns out, when I wrote my Prelude entry, I missed the entirety of page 5. I missed Brewster's Scroll 6 and Grimnir's change of heart.

I'm relieved, though, that my Prelude entry is still valid and surprisingly compatible.  :o Back to work, then!

This explains quite a lot. At any rate, awesome prelude. Sorry about not having noticed that Grau is Tirion's uncle. That makes for awesome rp.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2012, 07:41:42 am »

Nobody hold their breath. Got to meet a friend all of a sudden. I'll have my entry up in 2 - 4 hours, for sure.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2012, 08:21:35 am »

I took a look at the legends. Our dwarven civ really had a war against elves back in 18. The reason is lost in the sands of time, but both sides agree the dwarves attacked first, though some argue the elven settlement they tried to pillage was founded to provoke them, being much closer to dwarven sites than any elven ones.
The dwarven attackers killed 36 elves. The elves killed 20 dwarves. At least one of them were devoured. After that one battle in the early summer of 18, no further armed conflict was recorded, and peace was accepted after only one refusal in the same season. Note that the elven civ was The Relieved Thunders, not the same whose caravan we ambushed. This one was arguably first contact, and handled the way it should be.

On the other hand, the records may not be trustworthy. They claim the only other war we waged was against the Jaundiced Seduction, but in the year 1. Also a single battle in the early summer, one we lost, with a respective death toll of 8 and 9. Then again, goblins normally send snatchers, bandits, ambush squads, and even siege groups to attack outlying settlements on sight, and that in times of peace. Maybe the record keepers refuse to acknowledge war to spite war veterans? Note that this is the same goblin civ that always bothered us, even in this new settlement half a world away from the homeland.

Also, our vampire fought a night creature and escaped alive.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:48:54 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2012, 09:39:48 am »

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:04:02 am by Brewster »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2012, 10:46:00 am »

Entry One:

Sometime in the winter of Brewster's rule...
The letter was unremarkable. The top right edge was slightly dog eared, and the paper was fine rope reed. A thin, midnight blue dyed rope reed ribbon cut across the middle, forming a knot in the middle over the beeswax seal, which bore the sigil of the Crown.

Pan studied it. It was a pretty thing, the ribbon. The mix of dwarven dye and elven cloth, however, drew him back from his daydream to jarring reality. He was deep in his barrel, and had quaffed enough to float a barge. It cannot be helped. The wine provides sweet respite, solace from the wrong decisions. Well, more accurately, his decision to follow the lead of those who made wrong decisions. The wine helped him think, most certainly, oh yes.

However, it was only at these times he was to summon the courage to take out and finger the royal missive the liaison had assigned him years ago. Pan had stored this under the mountain of paperwork, forgotten. But recently, it had came crawling out like a beast of the depths, forgotten no more and threatening. It weighed heavily on his mind, but he cannot bring himself to open it. He was a dwarf bred of semi-noble birth. A word from the King and he would scurry to obey, trained rat he was. Trained rat the nobility, as a whole, were.

Instead he ignored it. However, it forced it's way into his mind, when the warriors of Hammerscar had committed their crime against the humans, the Empire's staunchest and noblest of allies. While dwarf and elf had shed blood over disputes, no human or dwarf had shed blood until that very day. Wild fire does not discriminates, and it consumes all.

Will I sit here and let it consume me, too? Pan held the ribbon, poised to rip it open, follow the King's will, and douse the spark that will incinerate the Empire. One pull of the ribbon, a break of the royal seal, and Pan will help work to destroy Hammerscar from the inside. The fire will be doused, forever.

But it burns bright still, and it stood right in front of him. Grimnir stood before him, in his very office. Silent as a reverend, Pan had not noticed. He lowered the letter. Had Grimnir seen the royal sigil? Will he summon Brewster and his Blackdiamonds, and shoot him against a wall? Pan waited for him to speak. He did, surprisingly.

'He's crossed the line.' Grimnir growled.

'He followed orders.' Pan objected, on impulse. The wine. Grimnir stared at him, unflinching, for a minute.

'Too far.' Grimnir intoned. 'He must be stopped.'

So too, did the nightmares that night.

The letter was never opened, and Pan set the dog eared corner on his candle that day, after his meeting with Grimnir. He watched candle fire consume it, catching on slowly, and, finding ample fuel, the fire spread, slowly melting the Crown sigil and then at last, the fire consumed the letter. His fire.

Gosh, the nightmare thing is so convenient, but such a cliche. Sorry if anyone else winced. I know I did.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:00:05 am by Pan »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2012, 11:02:19 am »

Set me up with another turn... if we make it that long.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:24 am »

You mean, if you make it that long  :P

Australian Winter, I think editing the front page might be a good idea? Arrange the turns and such.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2012, 12:19:06 pm »

Australian Winter, I think editing the front page might be a good idea? Arrange the turns and such.

What needs doing? I thought I had it figured out earlier today.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2012, 01:02:21 pm »

What needs doing? I thought I had it figured out earlier today.

Looks fine to me.

Edit: except I'm not on turn list again! :p
And maybe red out the ones that got dwarfed (see post #94)

Why am I not going to make it?! Did you kill Brewster already?!?  :o
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:07:28 pm by Brewster »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2012, 01:39:14 pm »

Well, there may be a murder charge waiting to be pressed against someone, but I think named characters should not be imprisoned or hammered, if avoidable. Mayors demanding annoying crap, on the other hand...

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2012, 09:46:31 pm »

Well, I think some other people wanted turns as well. Zombi, for instance?

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2012, 10:18:17 am »

I'm more worried about story telling then a full account of what happened.

Felsite 1 - found tetrahedrite
Felsite 2 - found gold
Felsite 3 - elfs came
Felsite 4 - scratched my butt

Those successions are always boring and BLAHH!!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2012, 11:32:01 am »

I'm more worried about story telling then a full account of what happened.

Felsite 1 - found tetrahedrite
Felsite 2 - found gold
Felsite 3 - elfs came
Felsite 4 - scratched my butt

Those successions are always boring and BLAHH!!

I believe our only source of armor-grade metal is worth mentioning. Especially when we find so much of it.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2012, 11:48:04 am »

Getting some stuff cleared up with Brewster and AustralianWinter. Update is pretty much done but I like to verify it with characters I RP, so I don't do anything too jarringly out of character with other people's characters and screw things up.

Appreciate the patience, whoever's reading. And more people get dorfed? So many generic dwarves around here. And Sloth, how about I conscript you? You are a herbalist right now.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35