Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49626 times)

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2012, 05:54:13 pm »

Turn please!

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2012, 09:25:22 pm »

Scroll 5

The Blackdiamond line-up staring the enemy in the eyes. The elfs are clueless to the events about to transpire. While the elf merchant Ricote Imicikifino sets a crate flowing with cloth onto the trade depot I released my bolt. It finds its mark true, going straight through the skull and into the brain! The other comrades soon after released their bolts. Hitting legs, chests, arms. Much training is still needed. Led was able to tear the other elf's artery, quickly bleeding the merchant to death. When the last enemies body hits the ground the nearby dwarfs all cheer.

Storage quickly becomes a problem so I order warehouses to be mined farther below. Within the stock of free goods is a female cheetah, and a male giant lion. Our shepard quickly trains them into war beasts, and I claim the beautiful cheetah as my companion. I've watched her beautifully stock wild hare in the area. She's magnificent. So busy with development I notice Reaver is making masterpiece wooden bins. We need to set training full time and not get soft!

The weeks go by, and we slowly grow. Our Hall develops and we've placed all the elf''s ware underground. I've noticed the other dwarfs call the odd dwarf Rimtar, who made the gold figurine, mayor. He must have setup an agreement with the liaison before their departure. Pan and Rimtar are often times seen discussing plans with scrolls stuff under their arms. With little care about politics or the crown, I let them to their fruitless tasks. The only noticeable difference is Rimtar titled Reaver as Captain of the Guard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A strange event occured a few weeks later. A reptile woman stormed into our farm fields, destroyed one, and fled into the hills. I hope she is the only one and this is not signs of something worse. Due to this event I scan the citizens checking to make sure those under my charge are okay. I soon realize I'm unable to find Zombi. We do a search of his room and we find him dead, completely drained of blood! I have a difficult task ahead to find this vile infiltrator. I storm outside to think as to the plans to hunt this new beast down. While I think, I notice the familar bird flight changes... merchants, humans I believe. "Humans!" I announce, gathering my advisers near.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:28:39 pm by Brewster »

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2012, 10:44:42 pm »

opps
was i redorfed already?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2012, 01:30:06 am »

Ouch. You should quarantine everyone. Make sure none of the dorfed dwarves die. It'd be a hindrance to the story.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2012, 03:00:52 am »

Tirion's Personal Log

Entry 9

The elves are dead, thanks to our valiant soldiers. And I have a new shoe. The old one was starting to show signs of wear. The new one is fresh, and decorated with splatters of elf blood.

Zombi was found dead in his quarters drained of blood. That means one of those goddamn vampires came here. I have my suspicions, as does anyone else, but we are too afraid to speak up. Maybe someone will make an anonymous engraving or slab script revealing the truth. I'll miss Zombi, he was a good dwarf, and a talented artist. May he rest in peace.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2012, 07:57:31 am »

Ouch. You should quarantine everyone. Make sure none of the dorfed dwarves die. It'd be a hindrance to the story.

You're kidding right? This is 1) Dwarf Fortress, 2) GRIM Dwarf Fortress... it's going to get vile.

opps
was i redorfed already?

No. Do you want re-dwarfing? What would you like?

Edit: Pretty sure I found the vampire anyways, HUGE military skills, long list of former assosications, but he's 153 years old... so maybe he's just a BA dwarf! We'll see after months in the box!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:32:44 am by Brewster »

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2012, 09:00:29 am »

Please tell me sloth is the vampire. He hasn't been mentioned much. I hope he gets a mood or something if he isn't.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2012, 09:16:55 am »

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:24:58 am by Gavakis »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2012, 10:04:23 am »

You're kidding right? This is 1) Dwarf Fortress, 2) GRIM Dwarf Fortress... it's going to get vile.

opps
was i redorfed already?

Edit: Pretty sure I found the vampire anyways, HUGE military skills, long list of former assosications, but he's 153 years old... so maybe he's just a BA dwarf! We'll see after months in the box!

You can, as far as I know, confirm that by engraving a memorial slab for poor Zombi, it will mention "killed in the year ... by the dwarf vampire Urist McVampire. Of course, the real name/fake name issue may complicate this. If he survives hammering, I say those military skills are too useful to waste, he should be drafted in his own squad, given armor, and a locked barracks near the entrance. In case of serious invasion, give him the chance to find death or glory on the battlefield ;D

Would be much better with at least 2 vampires in that barracks, they'd train each other.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:09 am »

opps
was i redorfed already?

You can, as far as I know, confirm that by engraving a memorial slab for poor Zombi, it will mention "killed in the year ... by the dwarf vampire Urist McVampire. Of course, the real name/fake name issue may complicate this. If he survives hammering, I say those military skills are too useful to waste, he should be drafted in his own squad, given armor, and a locked barracks near the entrance. In case of serious invasion, give him the chance to find death or glory on the battlefield ;D

Would be much better with at least 2 vampires in that barracks, they'd train each other.

I'm pretty sure Grimnirs conservative bent, would have him raging for years, if that vampire wasn't put down as the scum of the earth and vile scourge of the Dwarven nation that it is.

This should not be any advise against such an option however.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2012, 10:30:56 am »

Scroll 6

Comrades. Take notice of the importance of vigilance. While Hammerscar was under my leadership we had an intruder. A vile vampire, who drained the blood from a talented engraver. We soon placed the corpse in his room, so his grieving wife and child may not forget him. Then I was off, in search of the killer, to see through the masquerade. It's as if time itself slowed down and turned black and white. I stood in the middle of the busy halls as dwarfs scurried around me, tending to their duties. One dwarf in particular caught my attention though. This dwarf was thrown into our military quickly due to his skills. But the way he moved, the things he knew, the way he spoke, the way he looked, all made my stomach churn. He was odd indeed. I checked further into his background... no family here in the fort, and he claims to have been from many other fortresses. I have a Blackdiamond follow him silently in the shadows stalking him, making sure every step the evil soul makes is noticed. In the mean time I have the miners carve a prison, our metalworker Drake set-up metal bars, and Tirion quickly rigs a leaver to open and close the bar doors.

Quickly I station the militia and the Blackdiamonds nearby the Trade Depot. This ambush was not as smooth as with the elfs. The humans brought guards with them, and they seemed to see our attack coming. I hope we do not have two vile members in our ranks, one that sucks our blood and one that sucks our honor. I instruct Reaver to place the suspect vampire in the front lines. He'll either earn his keep or die trying.

"Grau! Grau!" is screamed shortly. A few are hurt, but our bolts kept any from dieing. We soon gather the human-wares and storm them below. Our local merchant Pan, continues to bitch and moan about the situation. Shortly after I throw the vampire into the hold cell.

While the squads were resting from the drawn out battle with the human caravan the mayor, Rimtar, is heard screaming. She's clinging to her baby, while a goblin snatcher and tugging on it's legs. They are far out of range, and most of the Blackdiamond are out of bolts. I do the only thing I could and scream towards Rimtar to attack! She was startled by the instructions but, like a mother bear, instincts took hold and she bashed the goblin's skull in!  She quickly came running towards our safety but another goblin came from its hiding, and snatched the infant again, but again the mayor bashed the green-beasts brains in. It was an amazing feat to see!

The tole of leadership is beginning to drain on me, but I must stay steadfast!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:33:07 am by Brewster »

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2012, 11:16:35 am »

Entry XII - Madness Takes Root

"Stop!" screamed a voice, as the humans were murdered in cold blood. "Stop this madness! We're saving the Dwarven Empire, not creating a sea of blood!"

But it was not heard. Grimnir was not even sure he had said it aloud - it had only rung inside his head, as his eyes had opened wide. Brewster had taken this too far. The elves had to die, the Mountainhomes was weakened because of them, they were traitors and idiots, but the humans... They were not traitors of the forrest or unnatural cannibals, they were honourable and hardy. But this was not Grimnir's Bastion anymore. It was Brewster's.

As the Blackdiamond hauled the corpses away, Grimnir sent a look far over the fields, and into Brewster's eyes. But no reflection met him. Only the darkness of the night, and that wild feral fire he had so admired. It had raised up, and consumed them all. Hammerscar was falling beneath him, and he was responsible. What wild and unruly wildflame had he ignited?

When Grimnir entered the bowels of the earth that night, he went to Pans office. Pan looked surprised. Then Grimnir spoke, for the first time that day: "He's crossed the line." A silence fell between the two dwarves.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2012, 11:35:41 am »

ReaverAxis needs to get his ass in this game!  :o
This took a turn for the worse for poor ol' Brewster!

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2012, 12:38:17 pm »

It's all good, no one ever wanted easy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35