Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49644 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #420 on: January 08, 2013, 10:21:27 pm »

get me muscled up, a few years of rigorous training should do it.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 09, 2013, 04:58:24 pm »

Can you rename it so that its Chzo's Wraith? Not Wraiths, it doesent sit well with me. Thanks for the heads up on my player, Pan.
Also, where do we get the saves?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 10, 2013, 11:25:34 am »

Yeah, it's already been called 'Chzo's Wraiths'. I just think it's cooler and easier to type.

When the weekend rolls around, I'm going to finish this. Been up three straight nights working on essays and the like. Sorry folks.

EDIT: I'll upload the saves tomorrow... Got to pound down a 1600 essay right now due in 12 hours.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:41:25 am by Pan »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2013, 06:01:43 am »

Alright, finally got all my assignments turned in, all the presentations prepared for, and the needy birthday friend sorted out. Time for Hammerscar and concluding my turn. Sorry for the long wait. By the way, we should decide now who succeeds me, since it's been so long, the next person, BronzeAge, may or may not be available.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »

How does one obtain the saves?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 14, 2013, 07:02:09 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118994.msg3819006#msg3819006

By Brewster's turn ^

As for mine, that'll turn up soon enough.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 16, 2013, 01:54:47 pm »

So, does anyone know why there hasn't been any update yet?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 16, 2013, 08:43:16 pm »

Still working on it. Not lazy or anything, but I received the work I've been doing last week back and the results were pretty bad (30%). This assignment counts for a large percentage, so I was forced to put Hammerscar again beneath that. Friday is the final deadline, so just please bear with me.

Meanwhile, can the next person in line speak up? NAV, you ready for Hammerscar in a week or so?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 18, 2013, 08:41:16 pm »

Sorry brave dwarves of Hammerscar , I cannot lead you yet. I have been given a quest to slay the great exam beast. It shall be a fearsome battle, but fear not I will return. When I return with honour from my beaten foe, I will lead this fort to glory!

I have exams next week and will need my turn postponed. Sorry.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2013, 02:16:15 pm »

Entry 9 (Part 1)
Moonstone

Despite the loud ticking and tinkering of different half made gadgets and mechanisms, Tirion's workshop was the only place that was silent from the revelries that celebrated the Blackdiamond, and Brewster. All around Hammerscar, the newly flowing whip wine was being toasted to Brewster; Brewster Golden Bolt! Brewster True Shot! and an assortment of names made in their mugs. Grimnir himself had given a short speech, no doubt under heavy pressure, during the start of Moonstone, a traditional winter feasting, on congratulating the traitor's merits, and now his crimes had almost washed away. Blackdiamond had once again reclaimed the walls and halls of Hammerscar, and Pan was once again forced to dust off the secret entrance floor hatch. Even when passing the passage, Pan could hear the beardlings even, cheering the traitor's name.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After the victory, the winter feast had arrived, and past it a week has gone by, and the dwarves of Hammerscar carried on their party, celebrating the first great victory over the greenskins. The first great victory scored by the Hero of Hammerscar: Brewster. The entire fortress had squeezed into Blackdiamond Hall, to watch and commemorate the moment where the goblin captives (some of which have stumbled into Tirion’s cage traps) were immediately executed by Blackdiamond firing squad.

Beer and blood had flowed, alike. Now Hammerscar sits, inebriated, in the Speaker’s Hall.

Tirion's workshop, on the other hand, was sober. It has changed little since it's conception, and the years may have exacerbated matters. It was littered with sheets of pig tail fabric parchments, mechanisms, mechanism grade boulders and half invented inventions. This place was where the literal cogs and wheels of Hammerscar was created, as well as the contraptions that swings blades and captures foes. The mechanic Tirion himself sat on a counter at his workshop, while Grimnir, Reaver stood near a trio of Laborious Skins guards, Nav and the pair Zanzetkuken and Littlebear, who flanked the door. Pan sat on the pile of mechanisms that hid the floor hatch to his room, where he came. Beside him stood Shinn and his associate, Bomrek.

They had awaited a messenger, and been sorely disappointed by his message. A quiet filled the air, as the messenger, a stonemason holding a chisel and hammer, finished his words.

‘Are you certain of this?’ Reaver growled at the mason. ‘If what you say is true, our last chance at disproving the Blackdiamond is lost…’

‘It’s true, Captain Reaver,’ admitted the mason, apologetic and contrite. ‘The trio of us masons found not a crevice or crack, and we’ve had a good look, too. Blackdiamond Hall is devoid of trapdoors or hidden passages.’ The mason gulped and avoided Reaver’s glare.

‘Mayhaps you failed to check the area for an upraised bridge…?’ Tirion suggested, impatiently tapping his foot. Pan knew he’d like nothing more than to investigate the matter himself. But Brewster would never have allowed a Grimnir loyalist. He’d grin, and make an excuse or a denial. Instead, they had sent in a stonemason under the guise of a masonry visit.

‘No,’ the mason firmly shook his head, as though slightly irritated. ‘We can tell the difference between constructed bridge and natural stone very clearly. And there was none to be found. Nor a hidden floor hatch or a door or anything. My humblest apologies, master mechanic.’ Tirion sniffed at this, clearly not satisfied.

‘Very well. The Founder thanks you for your contribution.’ Reaver concluded the mason’s visit with a wave of his hand. The mason scurried out the door of Tirion’s workshop, past the two guards.

‘Disastrous!’ Tirion exclaimed, frustrated past his usual calm. ‘Existing evidence decimated, pending evidence non-existent? Reaver, this mason loyalist is a fraud! Allow me…’

‘Brewster’ll never let you in… not by yourself and definitely not alone. He won't expressively forbid you, but you will not gain entry.’ Reaver sighed impatiently, shaking his head. “No... This revolutionary mason we sent in… he is as good as an outside source can get us... and he has offered us none in the way of evidence.’

‘Well, there has to be SOME way Brewster snuck up with his greenskin buddy in tow?’ Zanzetkuken, the wandering swordsdwarf, suggested inanely through the frustration ridden silence. ‘He most certainly did not come through the main stairway. I was guarding it!’

‘But yet, the mason swears…’ Pan mused, but fell silent when drawing the soldier’s glare.

‘Bugger the mason!’ exclaims the other guard, Littlebear. ‘I say he is turned, him and the other masons all! They went in and drank Brewster’s sweet lies, and would now sow discord amongst us! Or they were with them from the start, and seeks to win approval from Brewster through deceiving us!’

Nav slammed the pommel of his weapon on the stone floor in his rage. ‘Craven bastards! A word from you, Reaver, Founder, and we shall open these traitors up and examine the color of their guts!’ The Laborious Skin guards roared their approval, with the exception of Reaver and Grimnir. Shinn looks on in mild bemusement, hands folded across his upright crossbow’s stock.

‘Without evidence… there can be no accusation… and senseless murder will not serve us.’ Tirion cut in hastily, no doubt for fear of an enraged dwarven berserker in his workshop. ‘It remains so: Hammerscar will never believe us if we do not prove this further. Brewster’s are crimes all but… forgotten, and we can only renew the public’s interest with perhaps new evidence. This will be the key, and we can draw upon earlier evidence and cut the snake's head off. I have a plan to find this last piece of the puzzle.’

Grimnir, who had always been silent until he felt the need to speak, spoke up. ‘And what do you propose we do? Silence, men. Let Tirion speak.’

‘I trust not these masons.’ Tirion stated firmly, once more. ‘They labor for the Blackdiamond too much. These fortifications and crenellations were not meant for any other Hammerscar soldier’s use. I’ve seen Brewster and the mason Guild Leaders’ acquaintance lately. This bodes ill for the Mason guild’s allegiances. This does not necessarily mean they are lost to us, but it shall come as no surprise to me at all if they were against us in truth.’

Grimnir nods with a hint of impatience. ‘You speak what we already know. Now tell us of your plans.’

Tirion glances at Reaver, who speaks up instead. ‘The caverns are relatively untouched, and our foothold in it is limited to a single farm, barely sealed from the depths and it’s terrors... and treasures. I’ll bet, by my beard, the Blackdiamond would jump at the chance to explore and colonize it. Brewster has hinted so for far too long, and I say it is time to oblige him. I shall lead the expedition myself, and take him far from the fortress.’

‘And when you do?’ Pan asked while looking at Tirion, understanding beginning to dawn on him. ‘Tirion will investigate the emptied Hall?’

‘Exactly. He will claim it is to retrieve spare mechanisms or some such.’ Reaver concluded, with the muttered approvals of his squad.

‘Brewster is no fool. Nor simpleton. Never make this mistake.’ Grimnir interrupted, eyes blazing. ‘He is unlikely to leave his Hall unguarded, and he is unlikely to suspect nothing should no Laborious Skin dwarf follow the expedition. If the masons are such craven traitors, then they would also have informed them our attempt to find the hidden pass in the Hall.’

‘Sounds reasonable’ said Nav ‘If we are to search Blackdiamond Hall, we will need soldiers to go with Tirion. Without Brewster I imagine they can be kept occupied for a time. It cannot be us Laborious Skin, however.’

‘Not my brigadiers.’ Shinn said regretfully. ‘He suspects me, as all of this place.’ He says this with a hint of reproach. 'My men and I will be glad to explore the depths, and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty.' Reaver nodded at him.

'Gavakis has gotten to know many of our squad of late.' Reaver mused. 'Mayhaps...'

‘The newly captained Lieutenant Alfred and his squad is willing to help Tirion in this, I am sure.’ Pan piped up. 'Gavakis' squad is too large and disorganized, as well as unsure in loyalty. Lieutenant Alfred's squad may also be disorganized and ill equipped, but they are sure in loyalty.' To me, that is... He wasn't sure he could trust Gavakis' squad, even if Gavakis himself may be more pro-revolutionary.

‘Very well then. Summon this Lieutenant. We would make plans for the cavern expedition, before we... casually broach the issue with Brewster. I imagine the beast will snap at the bait.’ Reaver concluded with a grin. The atmosphere was almost amiable, for once. Reaver snapped his fingers at one of his guards. ‘And get one of the rabble to bring some of that newly brewed beer. We have a thirst.’

Part 1 of the second last update. These last updates will be shorter but more frequent. I've marked out specific 'Hammerscar' sessions in between work periods, and I hope to finish this within 2 weeks. That is, assuming no more work turns out to be tragically disappointing again and needing two rewrites and three consecutive almost-all-nighters.

Synopsis: Brewster cheered as a hero, seemingly forgiven. To convict him again, new and convincing evidence needs to be found again, and that would be the secret passageway. The masons who search it, however, tell of no such thing. Tirion thinks of a plan, to have the Blackdiamond explore the caverns while Tirion himself goes in, as the masons are entirely too friendly with the Blackdiamonds to be trustworthy on this. Alfred will accompany Tirion, while Reaver and Shinn will lead the expeditions with Brewster into the caverns to explore.

Next part of the update coming up in a day or two. It will involve cavern exploration, and most certainly blood, treachery and stuff.

Anyone involved or not, write up an action or thoughts. Also, remember, I always consider what you've written. Usually, the stuff will be incorporated sooner rather than later, once I manage to weave it in the story. If you RP some other character, not a problem. Run it by me. I'm online most the time. I can always be flexible to change the story to suit things if necessary. Try not to surprise me by not PMing me first and forcing me to change the story or whatever. Thanks and sorry for the long wait.  :)

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »

Journal of Lt Alfred, Moonstone.

Brewster is no longer a criminal in the eyes of Hammerscar, they say that he had showed his loyalty to the fortress after taking the first shot and killing the goblin commander who was trying to invade our frotress.

People have been celebrating for a very long time, except for those who are true involuntariness and still believe that Brewster's guilty, Its a good thing, telling them that I was a revolutionary was a smart thing, they trust me.

I have been summoned by Reaver into a meeting where I have been ordered to accompany Tirion for some sort of really important task, I'm not sure what we're supposed to do but since I'll accompany him into the Blackdiamond halls carrying my sword won't hurt.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 21, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »

I'm alive. School got in my way, and I burnt myself badly on a girl, which made way for some heavy drinking and a couple of horrible poems. If not before, I'll do some serious work on Hammerscar this weekend.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »

I'm alive. School got in my way, and I burnt myself badly on a girl, which made way for some heavy drinking and a couple of horrible poems. If not before, I'll do some serious work on Hammerscar this weekend.

Heavy drinking, and poems? What happened, your inner dwarf and elf battled each other?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2013, 10:42:42 pm »

..burnt myself badly on a girl ... heavy drinking ... a couple of horrible poems..

:( Sorry to hear all that. Sounds rough.

But I got to say I'm relieved and glad AW's back.  :) Now get to work updating the Turn lists and stuff! And perhaps edit in a link to my post regarding the map and the characters on the main post?

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2013, 03:44:46 pm »

i like my character.  so far so good.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35