Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!  (Read 79895 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2014, 09:30:16 am »

I can also see there is a problem with afflictions but I didn't like the idea of losing Weariness because you got afflicted. For now instead there will be just a 1 in 3 chance of getting an affliction while your weariness increases over 100. We'll see if more balancing or a Weariness upper cap is still needed there in the future.
In my (limited) experience some of the locations don't feature any weariness lowering options. This is fine for everyone above adventurer, since they have an easy way of reducing it, but presents a rather more serious problem for outcasts (who can neither leave the location by choice, nor even make sure that the next locations won't be one of these).

Bug report: after I reloaded the game (I think, I also lost an open sea battle between checks) I can longer extract arkhe from a territory I own. Getting a new territory fixed it, and I can now extract from both.
Yup, seems like it was the sea battle.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:22:20 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2014, 06:13:12 pm »

Ideally, I'd like to keep outcast mode relatively unforgiving and uncertain while removing the frustrations caused by situations such as those, but it's proving tricky.

In the past I thought about granting each kind of player an initial ability. Outcasts would get an ability that would allow them to rest anywhere in exchange for something else. But I'm concerned that doing that might actually make the outcast mode too easy.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2014, 07:40:54 pm »

Hey, I tried downloading the most recent windows version, but winRar is having none of it :-\ . Says the file is damaged, or something along those lines. Any idea what could be causing this?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2014, 08:09:50 pm »

Check how large the file is. It should be 28.3MB; if it's smaller, try downloading from the mirror link. I had the same problem.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2014, 08:25:09 pm »

Yeah that was the problem. Thanks!
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2015, 02:20:58 am »

Arise, thread, arise from your eternal slumber!

A new version seems to be almost finished and releasing soon. It will contain raising children that will mature between time cycles, more options for espionage, more active lobbies and other stuff on the political/intelligence side of things. I'm looking forward to it!

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2015, 08:03:00 am »

New version's up, and it's about time too!

Here, have a changelog.

Change Log:

* Espionage and Counterespionage: You can now Investigate/Stalk local aristocrats for a variety of outcomes, including personal gain, murder and blackmail. These events vary from one unit and aristocrat to each other. Likewise, some aristocrats will actually be double agents, amplifying any negative effect you suffer and making espionage harder for you, you'll have to investigate them to smoke the traitors out.
* Enhanced Local Aristocrats: They'll die or leave over time, have their own Merits and have lobby affiliations. You will also be able to control them through espionage or by buying their debts. Under your control, you'll be able to use their voting power if they are independent or otherwise help or hinder the lobby they belong to.
* Converting Enemy Units: Befriended Renascents will be available for all tasks at no cost, including combat. Other units can now also be converted by negotiating with them and spending some Merits, but their random events will remain the same, often negative ones for you.
* Lobby Affiliation: You can now be offered to join a lobby depending on the way your character is perceived by others. They will cast your votes in your name, but you'll receive a small amount of favours in exchange. Joining a lobby also generates positive and negative events into which you'll be pressured to partake least you lose favours in the lobby. Being in charge of said lobby will allow you to choose what to do in these events and often pocket plenty of money and Merits for yourself.
* Lobby Units and Proxy Forces: Lobbies now have independent units that aid or hinder you choosing to conquer or attack territories on their own if Local Tension is high enough. You can also employ these forces for military purposes or to carry projects out by spending favours owed to you by their lobby. Enemy lobbies might also form enemy armies if Local Tension is over 100.
* Raising Children and Cycle Continuity: Sometimes you will be given the chance to raise a child when wooing lovers. They might cost you Weariness and/or Arkhe on a weekly basis, but either they or their descendants have a chance to become friendly local aristocrats likely to help you in the next game cycle. Depending on how many successful aristocratic descendants you have, you'll start off in a better or worse position in the next cycle. If you have no descendants, you'll instead recover part of your previous cycle's wealth, allowing you to start better or worse off as well.
* You are now only shown 2 pieces at the start of each game, the rest will appear over time.
* You get to chose which stats will increase and decrease more readily at the beginning of the game. You can also choose them at random or chose to be bad at everything for extra fun.
* Pressing the "V" key in-game will activate the self-voicing feature, in this mode you can press up and down to read out the text on each object.
* Old bugs fixed and new bugs to be discovered!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2015, 09:53:09 am »

I already found a bug, do I get a tentacular cookie? When choosing to stay in touch with an independent noble you meet pre-vote, the game crashes.

Another possible bug: I chose resistance as my focus ability. Despite it, it hasn't improved a single time while all my other abilities have improved. I suspect maybe the bonus/malus for abilities go the wrong way around right now? I chose random malus, so I don't know which is the weak one, but like I said, all but resistance have improved.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2015, 11:01:12 am »

Well that was just silly of me.

Thanks for reporting, both things are fixed now.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2015, 01:34:09 pm »

Well, I have a bug for you now. When playing an outcast, I get occasionally stuck in a... pseudo-shelter. Basically, it is like I got stuck between two territories. I get a fluff text like I was in a territory, like "You are being held in" in the case of Arrakensis tribunal, but not the rest of the text. The only options I have are rest and hanging around with the renascent I came to the colony with. Lots of texts missing and seems I can't leave... Kind of makes the outcast mode unplayable if you get thrown into this limbo.
Wandered to this place as well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Save, just in case. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=87694306666516550641
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2015, 03:29:05 pm »

Thanks for the save! I was able to fix the limbo bug (yet again) in a way that should allow trapped characters to be recovered, so long as you keep the save at hand.

I'm totally going to make the limbo bug into a relic to be assembled in a future version of the game.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2015, 04:59:08 pm »

Thanks, and sorry for nightmares!
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2015, 09:24:37 pm »

Wow, an update!  Yay!

Like the idea of the Descendants.  Can't wait to test it out.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2015, 01:04:58 am »

I like the fact the lobbies are more active nowadays. A suggestion - maybe, when available, the units they control should be those with fluff in common? For example, I think House of Alchrousse should control a unit of their militia instead of a random Influnced unit and the Fattest of Ogres should have an ogre unit of some kind.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2015, 01:43:23 am »

Interesting game.

Add an option to turn off or greatly speed up lobby activities. When I'm performing grindy tasks to get cash, I don't need it to take a half hour due to people voting on things.

Actually, the entire game needs to be sped up. If you spam click, it queues those clicks and you can accidentally choose something unintended.

Looking forward to more content and polish with this one - it has a lot of potential.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27