Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!  (Read 79969 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness - Conjuration!
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2013, 01:19:28 am »

Something I am not clear on...  Influence and the Court...  which side am I on?  Do I choose or is it based on my class, Stalwart or Influence?

Influenced Population?  What is that exactly?  The number of people on the side of Influence?

Also, RNG does not hate me as much as I remember, my base has not been destroyed after +100 weeks.  But... it is getting constantly attacked right now, to the point where Local Tension is... damn high and they just keep on coming every 2-3 turns.  I bought out a piece of land for the income, but still live in a shelter.  Main problem is I'd have gone bankrupt eventually if I didn't... and working kinda sucks in RNG and income.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:22:02 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2013, 07:02:18 am »

Now that you mention it, I can see it might be somewhat confusing. I'll do something about it, but yeah, Stalwarts are those loyal to The Court while the influenced are the other ones.

Likewise, influenced population is indeed the number of people inside the colony that joined The Influence.

Local tension will decrease very slowly, or not at all if you have several hostages and captured territories, but it can be lowered faster through punitive expeditions by selecting "punish the population" after fending an enemy unit from an enemy territory. Just watch out you don't employ more force than necessary sending units with too much Terror value.

I've been checking the values for tension and they seem a bit strict, the game will in the future allow you to have a few more hostages and territories before local tension starts to soar. I think I'm also going to add a way to lower it without using force, perhaps through envoys.

I guess I'll round up all working incomes a little bit too, perhaps make them depend on the territory's prosperity or some other variable value, but they should still only be capable to sustain your own character's expenses and little more.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2013, 10:41:27 am »

I guess I'll round up all working incomes a little bit too, perhaps make them depend on the territory's prosperity or some other variable value, but they should still only be capable to sustain your own character's expenses and little more.
Do partnerships equate into that?  They currently have no upkeep, right?

And yea, I have a number of prisoners from all of the attacks on me.  I guess it was just a vicious circle of escalation...

Damage on big things seems kinda crazy, 30pt long range doing 50-90 damage a hit.  Kinda trivializes the +200 resistance giants.  Perhaps if you lowered the extra damage curve to big things?  Other options include making em smaller or giving em even more resistance, heh.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2013, 02:42:19 pm »

Right, partnerships are the best options for adventurers, specially if they wish to keep a low profile, so they'll stay free in the future.

As for the damage, 30 points escalating into 50-90 seems worth checking indeed, but size alone shouldn't amount for more than a 20% increase tops. The terrain must have probably played a mayor role in that one. I'll check it out in any case.

For now I've made salaries for works depend on the Arkhe production value of a territory. If a territory produces 8 Arkhe per week for example, all payments will be increased by 2, if it is negative it will remain at the base value. I've left out of the mixture things like gathering natural resources though, since they shouldn't be affected by the economy. This increase won't quite allow you to hire your own army, but adventurers will be a little more comfortable overall without having to resort to plundering. Besides it will make looking for work more interesting.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2013, 04:57:51 pm »

As for the damage, 30 points escalating into 50-90 seems worth checking indeed, but size alone shouldn't amount for more than a 20% increase tops. The terrain must have probably played a mayor role in that one. I'll check it out in any case.
Oh, now that you mention other bonuses, my character does have the terrain bonus and sometimes the int/trap bonus going for them... which I guess makes my one character a powerhouse with low hp when you combine all of that.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2013, 05:54:16 am »

Thank you for working on this.

I haven't had the time to play much, but I noticed straits/island are perhaps bugged now? I can occasionally go to straits/islands without paying anything while having SF0. At the same time, occasionally the game tells a place has a body of water separating it from mainland, even though it doesn't have strait/island in the territory listing.

Regarding events, maybe there should be some adding population, as new colonists arrive? Hmm, perhaps even add a mechanic for the player to summon more colonists. It would be interesting if we could go a subterfuge route in taking over territories and eventually the whole colony. Somehow converting the population and seeding it with your own colonists. 

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2013, 12:47:53 pm »

I'll check the straits/island thingy, I'm myself having trouble gathering the time to spend on the game because of some broken computer issues. Currently I'm using a borrowed one.

There are a couple of events out there that add population, but admittedly not many for now. I can however picture sometime in the near future some relics that, if properly researched, could bring lots of colonists at once.

A specific mechanic for summoning colonists is something that will probably happen once I get into the politics of the game. You'll probably be able to vote and lobby for laws that will affect the economy and immigration into the colony and such, but I haven't worked out the specifics yet.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2013, 09:39:29 am »

I've recently put together a new release. It is available at the usual place.

This time I've started to flesh out the game's intrigue and politics, but there is still much work left to do on that aspect.

It is also quite possible that some bugs still remain there. As per usual, I would very much appreciate it if you reported them to me.

Here, have a changelog.

Changelog:

* Implemented basic politics and votes, with interchangeable favours, randomly selected lobbies and takeovers.
    * Allowed lobbies to pursue their goals through political and non-political ways.
    * Allowed the player to learn new voting proposals when visiting territories.
    * Added a new way to win the game by proclaiming yourself emperor/empress using political influence. 
    * Implemented a basic system for economic investments through correspondence.
    * Added values for overall economy, immigration and political tendencies inside the colony.
    * Added 2 new information screens to keep track of them.
    * Added the ability to extort tributes from enemies using envoys.
    * Added decoys to expand the barriers' system (decoys are more effective against dumb units, barriers against weak ones).
    * Renascents will now occasionally want to go out on dates with you if you are involved in a romantic relationship with them.
    * Made anomalies less frequent and limited them to 1 at a time.
    * Made subsidizing terrains more profitable.
    * 18 new lobbies.
    * 2 new relics.
    * 2 new terrains.
    * 4 new units. 
    * Many misc minor fixes and tweaks.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2013, 11:16:53 am »

Looks like a pretty interesting game. I'll have to check it out when I get a chance. (Bascally PTW)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2013, 11:33:54 am »

I've been watching this thread for a long time, but haven't actually tried it yet. I dunno why  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2013, 02:08:29 pm »

Interesting updates, playing! Does the faction allegiance have any practical effect, though? I've noticed that the "enemy" factions are always bribing me to vote their way. However, the friendly ones don't really do anything for me. So is the any point in doing stuff that helps factions that share the same allegiance with you?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2013, 02:32:51 pm »

The game is really getting better and better.
Too bad my current try ended with
The Terror from the Deep razed and destroyed The Fortress...
Dear Terror, couldn't you just stay in the Deep ?
:D

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2013, 03:44:23 pm »

I've been watching this thread for a long time, but haven't actually tried it yet. I dunno why  :-\

That actually happens to me all the time with other games too.

Interesting updates, playing! Does the faction allegiance have any practical effect, though? I've noticed that the "enemy" factions are always bribing me to vote their way. However, the friendly ones don't really do anything for me. So is the any point in doing stuff that helps factions that share the same allegiance with you?

Right now lobbies are extremely pragmatic. Generally, as long as their interests are not threatened, friendly lobbies will simply vote in blank to whatever their allies propose while militant, enemy ones might vote against just for the sake of it. Lobbies of a given allegiance will also try to increase the immigration of like-minded colonists while restricting that of their enemies, among other minor things.

There'll probably be a greater difference between allegiances in the near future.

The Terror from the Deep razed and destroyed The Fortress...
Dear Terror, couldn't you just stay in the Deep ?
:D

It's probably too dark and cold and damp in the Deep. If it was me I'd want to get out of there too.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »

Any way to mod the game, so far?
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2013, 05:55:10 pm »

Any way to mod the game, so far?

I haven't really put much of a thought into mod support for now.

I don't think the game has enough of a player base to sustain active forums to begin with, so I doubt it will be able to sustain a modding community.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27