Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My Baroness is angry for an unknown reason.  (Read 1593 times)

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Baroness is angry for an unknown reason.
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:16:41 pm »

Well, the title says it, my Baroness is going from Very unhappy to misrable and I have no idea why. Looking at his character, he has been living in an amazing bedroom, with amazing furnature and eats in an amazing dining room, which should make up for the few minors in there. At least too the point were he's not misrable.

She's nearly going insane and I don't know why. My first guess would be that "utterly dramatized by a lesser's pretentious sleeping arrangments". I have no idea how to fix this. Does that mean she tramatized by someone having no room (which is plausible, since I have no wood, therfore no rooms), or that someone had a better room then her (Also possible, as my milatary all have royal rooms)?

Thanks in advance
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Baroness is angry for an unknown reason.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:23:52 pm »

My first guess would be that "utterly dramatized by a lesser's pretentious sleeping arrangments". I have no idea how to fix this. Does that mean .... that someone had a better room then her (Also possible, as my milatary all have royal rooms)?

This. Just make her rooms better or the others worse. You can see in the rooms list (R) who has better rooms. If anyone of lower rank has a room of equal or better value than hers she will get this thought.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:45:56 pm »

My first guess would be that "utterly dramatized by a lesser's pretentious sleeping arrangments". I have no idea how to fix this. Does that mean .... that someone had a better room then her (Also possible, as my milatary all have royal rooms)?

This. Just make her rooms better or the others worse. You can see in the rooms list (R) who has better rooms. If anyone of lower rank has a room of equal or better value than hers she will get this thought.
Does that include other rooms, or just bedrooms?
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 08:51:18 pm »

Another solution would be for the baroness to have an unfortunate accident.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 09:12:30 pm »

Does that include other rooms, or just bedrooms?
[/quote]

In this case the bedroom, but there are thoughts for other rooms too.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 10:23:56 pm »

i see that she was traumatized by other living quarters, best bet when setting up a nobility setup is in my opinion to make 3 7 by 7 boxes all connected, then place the table, chair, and bed in the middle of each one, then have your masons come through and engrave the rooms, also any artifacts you may have that are furniture work well here, also have this area no where near your regular apartments as even just walking past another bedroom will traumatize your nobles, i usually set apartments one z layer below my nobility housing and have the nobiles assigned to a burrow that contains workshops and meeting halls and keeps them where they dont need to be

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 01:08:36 am »

Install a well or two. And put in a lot more of shiny things in her room, she need it more valuable than everyone else's.

The room thing's probably what's angering her the most. From her recent memory, looks like you ran out of booze and either an accident or a bunch of things got slaughtered underground and miasma'd, those don't helps either.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 07:27:51 am »

Add that to the Miasma, and it's a recipe for klingon promotion.

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 08:45:50 am »

If you assigned your baroness a new bedroom on her ascension but didn't free up her old bedroom, she might be using that one to judge other bedrooms by.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 12:43:02 pm »

As I recall from when I examined the code behind this specific thought, it compares the noble's most valuable room to rooms belonging to all "less important" dwarves (i.e. nobles a higher PRECEDENCE value) and ensures that they are all less valuable. Note, however, that the value comparison is by tier, not exact, so if your baroness has a Great Bedroom, she will be unhappy if anybody else (aside from the King) has anything better than Fine Quarters.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 01:34:24 pm »

Dig out larger open spaces. 

Then resize the three room deciding objects(throne, bedroom, and table) to be vastly larger than the other competing nobles.  Size matters with nobility.  Its all about size.  I'm right now rolling with a 40x40 throne, bedroom and dining room for my king/queen. 

Also build lots of extra entrances and then bar them up, with the nobles favorite metal or favorite glass window and force her to path past them, with traffic restrictions on her way to her bed.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 04:48:57 pm »

As I recall from when I examined the code behind this specific thought, it compares the noble's most valuable room to rooms belonging to all "less important" dwarves (i.e. nobles a higher PRECEDENCE value) and ensures that they are all less valuable. Note, however, that the value comparison is by tier, not exact, so if your baroness has a Great Bedroom, she will be unhappy if anybody else (aside from the King) has anything better than Fine Quarters.

So if all your dwarves had legendary rooms, all the nobles would be unhappy because they have even rooms?  Or does it use exact value?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 06:28:28 pm »

So if all your dwarves had legendary rooms, all the nobles would be unhappy because they have even rooms?  Or does it use exact value?

Yeah, I think its tier instead of value. Recently I engraved my bedroom level, so all bedrooms became "grand bedrooms" and two became "royal" because of gem floors. The royal ones were still much less valuable than the duke's royal bedroom but the duke got a bad thought out of it. I replaced some masterwork furniture in the rooms to downgrade them and the thought went away.
Also only the baron/count/duke and the monarch get these thoughts. I have never seen it on a monarch though, as they usually get all the artifact furniture.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »

Don't change their rooms physically.  Go back into all those royal bedrooms and dial back the size associated with the 3 room defining items...  Throne, Bed, Table.  This will fix things, without ever having to really fix things.  Its based on size of associated with those three items, not items or item values.

They will tell you when they want a specific item.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 03:18:49 am »

Don't change their rooms physically.  Go back into all those royal bedrooms and dial back the size associated with the 3 room defining items...  Throne, Bed, Table.  This will fix things, without ever having to really fix things.  Its based on size of associated with those three items, not items or item values.

They will tell you when they want a specific item.
Where are you getting your information?
Pages: [1] 2