Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Factory Owner  (Read 4662 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Factory Owner
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:08:38 am »

In this, the posters are part of the Democi-Brain of a small planetside factory owner in a fiction Science Fiction (Space Opera) setting. You start with just one assembly line, and must upgrade your factory, acquire blueprints and suppliers, and expand. The setting does include spaceships, but the majority of planetary citizens have never been in space, and even shuttle craft are a luxury reserved to the rich. Before you start, you must first choose the location of your first factory, and name it.

Location A - A huge industrial city that encompasses a very large area. This area has extreme amounts of demand for just about every good, but it has very little resource production, so you'd need to import most of your materials from somewhere else.

Location B - A smaller city with little competition, and a reasonable amount of resources in the surrounding area. This city is growing, so more factories would be bound to start up eventually, though.

Location C - An isolated patch of land with rich material desposits and vast forests, far away from any sign of civilization. If you chose this area, you would have to manage just about everything, including raw material production, and exporting the goods into a city.

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Factory Owner
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:11:20 am »

Location C.

Name : Wacko Jacko's.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:56:59 am »

Lets do C.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:08:35 am »

C....
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 02:16:47 am »

Turn 1

You sigh as you look at the worn factory, left to nature, being brought back to life by maintenance crews.
The repairs are only minor, and are just enough for it to work. There may be some power issues, some cables are still fried, which may lead to other cables burning out. The only functioning assembly line, is luckily almost good as new. The factory itself is quite small, and can only house 3 assembly lines and about 15 workers. It's equipped with a standard communications relay, which has it's own power source and can easily contact the nearest city; Gyfin. You make your way into the management room, put down your equipment, and get to work.

In order to get this factory functional, you'll have to do  things:

You'll need to hire basic management and workers to operate the machinery,
You'll need to select a blueprint for your assembly line to produce,
And you'll need to purchase transports for materials, or hire a company to do it for you.

Store
Located in Gyfin, this store has a small selection of crucial items.

Small Truck - 3,000 credits; A truck that can carry 50 units of items to anywhere on your side of the planet. Requires a driver.

"Porta' Mine" - 7,500 credits; A deployable resource mine that takes up the space equivalent to 50 units. Resource production varies depending on resource.

New Contract Offers
Phill's Transport: For a year, this company will transport 100 units of anything per month to and from Gyfin. "Activation fee" of 1500 credits, and 50 credits per transport run.

Gyfin Surveys: This company will survey the immediate area around the factory instantly, for 1000 credits

Crew
50 workers - 20 credits each; Operate machinery such as assembly lines. You'll need 10 workers minimum for one assembly line.
10 management crew - 100 credits each; Manage contracts. You need 2 per active contract.

Factory Status

Modules
Standard Communications Relay
1 Assembly Line
15 person worker housing
Obsolete Generator

Crew
0 Workers
0 Management
..Out of 15

Inventory
Blueprint - "Toy" (5 plastic, makes 10)
Blueprint - "Household Appliance" (15 metal, 5 Yithium, makes 2)

0 Metal
0 Yithium
10,000 credits
End of Status

If I forgot anything, let me know please.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 04:04:17 am »

What are the prices for resources and products in Gyfin?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 07:53:58 am »

Buy porta'mine barebone crew and a transport contracts with/ 2 manager to be left with 600

Or 550 if the mine has to be delivered,and will half our capacity for delivery this month

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:13:57 am »

Buy porta mine, transport contract , 2 managers and 13 workers.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:56 am »

dis
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 11:06:31 am »

dis
Thisbut we will have 490 instead of 550 or 540 if the mine isn't delivered

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 11:23:47 am »

We still have bout 300 left over even buying all 13 workers.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 11:33:31 am »

lets do it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 11:57:41 am »

We still have bout 300 left over even buying all 13 workers.
I already the math,it is above your post, also

UPDATE1?11??1?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 01:17:54 pm »

Turn 2
2124,  February 1st

One month has passed and the factory is nearing activation. The crew have already arrived, and the management has been told to manage your new contract with Phil's Transport. The Porta Mine has been delivered to right outside the factory, and is ready to be deployed. You'll still have to find resource deposits, though.

In order to get this factory functional, you'll have to do 1 thing:

You'll need to select a blueprint for your assembly line to produce,

Store
Located in Gyfin, this store has a small selection of crucial items.

New Item!
Handheld Surveyor - 200 credits; A small, handheld device that can survey one patch of land per turn.

Small Truck - 3,000 credits; A truck that can carry 50 units of items to anywhere on your side of the planet. Requires a driver.

"Porta' Mine" - 7,500 credits; A deployable resource mine that takes up the space equivalent to 50 units. Resource production varies depending on resource.

Plastic - 100 credits for 75 plastic; A very cheap material used for some things.

Metal - 100 credits for 25 metal; Used for many things

Yithium - 100 credits for 5 yithium

Toys - 10 credits per toy
Appliances - 500 credits per appliance

New Contract Offers
Gyfin Surveys: This company will survey the immediate area around the factory instantly, for 1000 credits

Crew
50 workers - 20 credits each; Operate machinery such as assembly lines. You'll need 10 workers minimum for one assembly line.
10 management crew - 100 credits each; Manage contracts. You need 2 per active contract.

Factory Status

Modules
Standard Communications Relay
1 Assembly Line
15 person worker housing
Obsolete Generator

Crew
13 Workers
2 Management
..Out of 15

Inventory
Blueprint - "Toy" (5 plastic, makes 10; Takes 1 turn per batch)
Blueprint - "Household Appliance" (15 metal, 5 Yithium, makes 2; Takes 2 turns per batch)
Undeployed "Porta' Mine"

0 Plastic
0 Metal
0 Yithium
410 credits

Contracts
2 management crew occupied
0 available

Phill's Transport: Lasts until 2125, February 1st. This company will transport 100 units of anything per month to and from Gyfin at a fee of 50 credits per transport run.

The middle patch in a 3x3 area of land recently bought by you.
No patches have been surveyed.

End of Status

If I forgot anything, let me know please.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 01:30:42 pm by Chiefwaffles »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 01:26:53 pm »

Buy surveyor and survey the nearest patch to the factory.
Toy blueprint.
Pages: [1] 2