Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 500789 times)

Teamwork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2985 on: November 14, 2014, 03:29:21 pm »

I use ascii.
Urist McUseless: Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody defies mandates on MY watch!
Urist McInnocent: Bite me!

*CENSORED DUE TO EXTREMELY GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE*

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: November 14, 2014, 08:03:19 pm »

Yay, a puritan at last! (Just joking)

And seriously, does anyone not have a comment on the long, rambling posts that I put up on changes to be made on the game while I wait for expwnent to reply on whether item-trigger is bugged?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: November 15, 2014, 04:37:21 am »

> > Is there any reason not to?
> Could be seen as a bit disrespectful to the Toady One...
I disagree. I mean people make all kinds of mods without dwarves in them.

> > because it may solve the "Unity invades, ponies die" problem.
> There's a problem like that?
Well, there is a problem of dead Stable ponies civilisation. But I think someone said it was due to forgotten beasts, not Unity. In any case, failed invasions might help.

Most stable ponies seemed rather apathetic and used to the routine, rather than hopeful, curious, brave or any of that. Littlepip and Black Jack are exceptions.

> swayed_by_emotions: Higher than average. Explains the belly-button gazing.
The what?

> tolerant: A bit higher than average. Case example: Blackjack.
> closeminded: A bit lower than average. Converse of tolerant
I'd say that the rigour of living in a survival shelter would make them disciplined by default, but OK.

> privacy: Default
Lower than average. There is little room for privacy with communal showers, foals living with their parents in the same room DF-style (that was a joke) and so on.

- wastefulness: Lower than average. Underground concrete life support bunkers and all that
- violence/greed: Lower than average.
Yep, most important things are communal and they are taught not to waste from a young age.

> Lust propensity: Default. Because I really do not wish to go there.
Lol. You could lower it, then. In the show they are quite square and prude (granted, the "show for little girls" has a lot to do with that). Though the fandom produces clop like there's no tomorrow, as if to compensate.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: November 15, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »

> I've found that FPS drops like a stone very quickly, but that isn't something that has an easy fix.
It could be due to the sheer amount of random junk you get from salvage.

> Is there any reason not to?
Could be seen as a bit disrespectful to the Toady One...
I think you should change it. The embark text could use some changes to make it fit, such as changing Mountainhome for Stable and such. I don't think changing it is in any way disrespectful.

> because it may solve the "Unity invades, ponies die" problem.
There's a problem like that?

> Is there even a way to tell? Crashes affect the whole thing.
In Windows at least, the window which crashes turns white while the other has the normal colour, and the notification pops up when that window is selected.
My DF window freezes and I get the notification that DF.exe has stopped working. I have only had 1 crash with the latest version.
And another question, does anyone play the ASCII version?
I only use Phoebus when playing. That and Dwarf Therapist.
Oh, I just remembered I have not added the new personality traits that came with .40.xx. Do you think those are necessary? If so,  what do you think the values should be?

EDIT: More stuff on personalty cos I'm bored:
And here is a list of what I think they should be, please comment [Note: Default values is 0:50:100 (lower bound:median:upper bound), "a bit higher than average" would be something like 0:60:100 while "higher than average" would be 0:75:100]:
- abstract_inclined: Default
- excitement_seeking: A bit higher than average. Come on, having spent their lives cooped up in a concrete bunker, who wouldn't want a little excitement>
- activity_level: Default
- thoughtlessness: Default
- swayed_by_emotions: Higher than average. Explains the belly-button gazing.
- tolerant: A bit higher than average. Case example: Blackjack.
- closeminded: A bit lower than average. Converse of tolerant
- privacy: Default
- curious: A bit higher than average, another case of being cooped up in underground concrete bunkers
- hopeful: A bit higher than average, Stable ponies tend to be the ones that change the world or something
- singleminded: Default
- vengeful: A bit lower than average
- humour: A bit higher than average
- gratitude: A bit higher than average
- ambition: Higher than average, "saving the world" and all that
- vanity: Default
- bravery: A bit higher than average
- disdain_advice: Default
- politeness: Default
- wastefulness: Lower than average. Underground concrete life support bunkers and all that
- violence/greed: Lower than average.
- Envy propensity: Default
- Love propensity: Default
- Lust propensity: Default. Because I really do not wish to go there.

Seems pretty good to me.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: November 15, 2014, 03:25:42 pm »

Changing embark text for non-dwarf mods is probably fine. IIRC, the only reason its not currently moddable without DFhack is because Toady simply hasn't bothered. I seem to recall him saying something about making less stuff hardcoded so modders have an easier time at some point. If you really wanted, you could probably PM him about it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: November 16, 2014, 09:33:49 am »

> Well, there is a problem of dead Stable ponies civilisation.
If I remember correctly, the new version fixes the problem of invaders always winning if the game is in fortress/adventure mode. World-gen battles are fine.

> The what?
Long paragraphs of whining about the morality of their actions.

> rather than hopeful, curious, brave or any of that
So a bit lower than average values then?

> I think you should change it. The embark text could use some changes to make it fit, such as changing Mountainhome for Stable and such. I don't think changing it is in any way disrespectful.
> Changing embark text for non-dwarf mods is probably fine.
Okay, I'll do so.

> I have only had 1 crash with the latest version.
Just asking, as compared to how many in the previous one?

And while I'm waiting for a reply from expwnent, will you prefer to receive the (redacted) cybernetics update already? It does not require item-trigger.
Also, if you don't mind, I am going to release cybernetics and drugs on prisoners together.

EDIT: Just thinking, for drug administration, only one set of drugs can be administered to one slave, for example you cannot improve the endurance of a slave who already has drugs to improve his combat ability. Any comments?
And one question, what happens if FLEEQUICK and LIKES_FIGHTING both exist on the same creature at the same time?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:31:22 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: November 17, 2014, 09:34:43 pm »

Stuff that is going to be implemented into cybernetics (drugs on prisoners is done):
- Prosthetics:
  > Same as before, just a component in a reaction to heal everything
- Cybernetics Lab:
  > Going to be the sole building, apart from the Surgery Table, that is going to be added. All cybernetics related reactions, apart from installation of cybernetic prosthetics, are going to be situated here.
  > Instead of/in supplement to reverse engineering, there is going to be an option to try and copy a particular cybernetic part with only 64% chance of success. The reaction will require things like kinetic/neural interface talismans and irregardless of success, those would be consumed. This is intended as a high cost, but not as high a cost, alternative to reverse engineering.
  > Reverse engineering would still be in place, with success rates similar to flamethrowers/combat rifles. Schematics will not only guarantee a 100% success rate, but also allow a reduced component count (less stuff needed for trial and error).
- Implants:
  > Still going for cybernetic eyes, dermal armour and synthetic lungs. Perhaps also a neural implant to enhance cognitive function and synthetic muscles which boost strength and agility.

Apart from that, PipBucks/Stable Citizens are going to have EFS using CE_SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON:<stuff>:<colour>. GENERAL_POISON is used because I am too lazy to slap a class onto every single creature in the raws.

EDIT: I never do things on time do I? I keep telling myself release by today then kablam! Day's over and I'm still halfway through. Anyways, cybernetics + drug use on prisoners should probably be up by tomorrow. Still no item-trigger though, sorry. I'm waiting for DFHack to update itself to .40.16 for the sake of the emotion fixes there, since expwnent said that item-trigger should be fixed  by DFHack 0.40.15-r1.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:31:43 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: November 18, 2014, 01:51:24 pm »

This is excellent news to hear that you are making progress. I'm having quite a bit of fun with the latest version as it is. I'm definitively looking forward to the next version.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: November 18, 2014, 10:58:40 pm »

Another question, I am kinda wary of adding new items, but do you think adding a "repair talisman" to justify cybernetic things/power armour repairing themselves is reasonable?

Also, do you wish for a guide on the new industries I have added?

UPDATE: v .44 ASCII and Phoebus. Includes a half-done verbose changelog. Still no item-trigger, waiting for DFHack to update to .40.16.

Steelpony (Deus-like cyberpony) has not been added yet because only Maklak has voiced disapproval for it. The rest of you, no offense, have only voiced their opinion assuming it has been implemented. So I'll ask this now, does anyone have an opinion on whether Steelpony should be added?

Also, Peace and Love arc is done! While I wait for DFHack 0.40.16-r1, I'm going to stuff in a few small bits and bobs, like built-in civilian PipBucks, radio propagation and rifle turrets. After that, new thread and then Everfree arc.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:43:55 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: November 19, 2014, 12:29:15 pm »

> do you think adding a "repair talisman" to justify cybernetic things/power armour repairing themselves is reasonable?
No.
1) Making Power armour is already a pretty involved process.
2) Dwarf Fprtress Armour doesn't break anyway.
3) Just assume that either repair talisman is a part of power armour talisman or they make repairs between fights.

> Also, do you wish for a guide on the new industries I have added?
A guide would be nice and I'm unlikely to write one myself.
BTW, wasn't I supposed to write hologem-making reactions?

> Steelpony
I already said what I think about adding that as an option to fabricate. If anything, Steelpony would be better as ae enemy, like a Super Sentinel without the missile.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: November 19, 2014, 07:39:51 pm »

> BTW, wasn't I supposed to write hologem-making reactions?
Oops, sorry.

Industry guides coming up below. Meanwhile, are there any other things you want in Minor Updates other than the things listed above?
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: November 19, 2014, 09:28:07 pm »

Drugs/Production
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:32:39 pm by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: November 20, 2014, 04:03:11 pm »

Nice to have a guide to how the chemistry works. I'm looking forward to when you can start a new tread and we can post all the guides at the first page of the thread. Now a lot of info is spread over 200 or so pages.  That makes it hard to find the info I am looking for.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: November 21, 2014, 10:04:58 am »

> That makes it hard to find the info I am looking for.
If I remember correctly, Lycaeon linked all the useful stuff at the front page.

Anyway, quick status update thingy, right now, Stable ponies have civilian SATS, which give 10% less bonuses than normal SATS, and EFS, which is basically just for adventure mode. Still to come is the capability of radio propagation. Do you have any other ideas on what can go into a PipBuck?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: November 21, 2014, 05:16:17 pm »

> > That makes it hard to find the info I am looking for.
> If I remember correctly, Lycaeon linked all the useful stuff at the front page.
Yes and he did a good job of it.

> Do you have any other ideas on what can go into a PipBuck?
It would be things like clock, compass, audio recorder, radio, light, notebook and so on. Nothing that matter on DF's level of abstraction other than what's already there comes to mind.

> Cyberware:
Cyberpunk implants: http://www.mecha.com/~conkle/cyber/cyberware.html
Shadowrun implants: http://shadowlandsl.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberware or  http://www.shadowrun.us/materials/Shadowrun%20Sourcebook%20-%20The%20Ultimate%20Shadowrun%20equipment%20list.pdf  or http://www.evenmere.org/~bts/Salvage/cyberware/list.html

One idea is to introduce a 1-5% chance of CRAZED cyberpsychosis, depending on equinity loss from how extensive the modification. Most of these implants should have a 1 per pony limit. And they should probably lower scial skills and attributes. The list below is too long. I'm just braimstorming ideas. I'm also tired.

1) NOBREATHE - basically a built-in gas mask / rebreather / air tank / breathing apparatus / artifficial lung, that doesn't take up head slot space.
2) I was thinking drug autoinjectors, but normal autoinjectors are probably enough. The built-in ones would have to expire after 2 years or so. Things that boost general health and short-term performance go here.
3) Something that boosts strength and toughness maybe? (Extensive modification, +500 or something).
4) Permamently installing a skill hologem, boosting skills or skill rates or giving natural skill to 1-3 skills. One cranial uplink of the same type, but multiple different onces can be installed.
5) Bone reinforcement / lacing and dermal armour (effects similar to shield spell), but you already have that. Maybe it should boost toughness and willpower too?
6) Magic dampener, adds SHIELD_APPRENTICE
7) Cyber eye / machine senses. gives EXTRAVISION. Maybe intimidation, but lowers other social skills. Oh and boosts OBSERVER skill.
8) A built-in weapon (gives material emission, similar to what basic turret has).
9) Replacement limb - a short duratiom transformation that heals completely. But this is OP and we have Hydra and these were in short supply.
10) Something with NOEAT NODRINK NOSLEEP maybe? Or would that be too powerful? It would be something providing sustenance by magic, without the need to eat.
11) Retractable Climbing Claws - better climbing. Maybe an extra attack if that is possible. Also WEBIMMUNE
12) Autotargeter - boosts offence, either with CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST or like Steady. 
13) A built-in web launcher, usable once per month. Or maybe that's better for a battle saddle.

> Making hologems out of lower or higher tier gems.
This is what I made, please check for errors before accepting.

reaction_gemcraft_makeshift.txt:

reaction_gemcraft_makeshift_MAS.txt
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 210