Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 501737 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95c beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1500 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:38 pm »

I just finally had some time to play your mod, you did an amazing job. Now I miss the magical part when I play Post-Apocalypse :D. And it gave me a lot of ideas and changed a few important design decisions, so while I work for another release of Post-Apocalypse, your mod and Plump's Fallout 2 let's play are a great inspiration for new ideas and stuff :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 03, 2013, 06:58:18 pm »

Gzoker: The report was quite enjoyable, especially the harrowing depiction of the deathlands, so thanks for that. :) As Maklak mentioned, you can bring toolboxes on embark or make them at the metalsmith's forge.

> Are there candy rations in Mom Creates? They should have some.
No, but there will be Party Time Mint-als. ;)

> What are those wooden and stone platings by the way?
Only steel and aluminum plates have uses, so don't make the wooden and stone ones. I overlooked restricting the plating material.

Maklak: Transformation causes the pony to adopt the physical attributes of his/her new form, but only for the duration of the transformation, so a temporary transformation for healing doesn't make any changes. I'm pretty sure transformations don't affect interaction upgrades either, but I haven't run any tests yet.

> The position of CMP should be open for all ponies.
Whoops...I forgot to open it to earth ponies in the last patch. :-[ I've noted it in the development list. You can fix this by removing [ALLOWED_CLASS:MAGIC_NOVICE] under [POSITION:CHIEF_MEDICAL_DWARF] in the entity_default.txt file, though this requires a world regen to take effect.

> I propose that you add a reaction to the salvage yard "produce emergency makeshift tools" that takes 1 low quality salvage log and has 100% chance of producing an iron (bronze?) toolbox.
Good idea. I'll add a reaction that converts three boulders of scrap metal into a makeshift toolbox.

Deon: Thanks! I'm glad it was an inspiration, and look forward to seeing the new Post-Apocalypse. :)

I finally finished the new workshops and industries guide with flowcharts. Let me know what you guys think, especially if you have suggestions on how it could be improved to make it easier to understand! :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:04:18 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 03, 2013, 07:00:28 pm »

Huh, I wondered why a load of ponies couldn't be assigned to a position where their medical skills would be useful.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 03, 2013, 07:56:16 pm »

Idea: Why don't, with the upcoming Dashite migrants, you add the ability to make stuff out of cloud? That would be a great way to create cheap bins and such. Maybe have the "Cloudwalker's Workshop" produce a gas that is fatal to non-pegasim or whatever.
Second idea: Can you make the salvage reactions that create chests create bins instead? 'Cause that would make handling the influx of frayed wiring so much easier.
Next, I might be making a mod plugin to add the Enclave as a playable civ. Anybody interested?
Finally, a quote:
"Pegasuses are awesome."
"Pegasi."
"Yeah, them too."
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 03, 2013, 08:25:22 pm »

Is there a way to make Nurse Redhearts and healing spells heal infections?
Getting a source of water and making soap would probably help a heck of a lot in that situation.  Adding that would make for a pretty big shortcut I suppose... (Plus an easy counter to the irradiated dust clouds of dying eventually.)
Which makes me think, can we have MoP crates give soap> Pretty please with cupcake sprinkles on top?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 03, 2013, 09:00:22 pm »

Cloud bins... I imagine hundreds of announcements about somepony who tries to grab one but can't as it keeps falling through its hooves.
I would like soap too, because I could retire my butchers. Ponies killing puppies to make soap from their fat is like cupcakes to me.

On second thought, can you change pony ethics to not allow any butchering? I'm not serious on this one, it would make the whole bone and leather industry void, and there are many good arguments against it.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 03, 2013, 09:13:09 pm »

You can't.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 03, 2013, 11:30:38 pm »

The Grand Pegasus Enclave is part of the Ministry of Awesome Arc, along with their cloud shaping. I wrote the development list in chronological order, so events like the Enclave invasion and the Unity schism that happened late in the novel will be added late...which is well and good, as they have supporting tech trees (like working energy weapons) that need to be implemented first. In short, the current late-game enemies and technologies are mid-, or even semi-early-game, in the grand scheme of things.

Another way of looking at it - the Ministry of Awesome and Ministry of Arcane Sciences crates are half empty as they are now. ;)

If you do decide to add playable Enclave:
To start, I recommend using the Stable Pony raws as the baseline, replacing [CREATURE:PONY_STABLE] and other cosmetic raws with the [Enclave's] traits. You can then search for "PONY_STABLE" in the raws and replace PONY_STABLE with your civilization's creature (For example, in [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:PONY_STABLE:ALL]).

As for bins, you can make them out of plywood at the plywood workshop or out of stone at the stone foundry (Though stone bins are quite heavy and shouldn't be used unless necessary). I once almost changed crates to yield bins instead of chests, so that's still up in the air depending on whether you guys want it or not.

> Which makes me think, can we have MoP crates give soap?
I will consider it, though soap isn't one of those things that lasts decades after the apocalypse. ???

> On second thought, can you change pony ethics to not allow any butchering?
Not really, but in any case, meat eating is quite prevalent in post-apocalyptic Equestria.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:59:29 pm by Lycaeon »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 04, 2013, 01:49:43 am »

Blargh... Bloodwings, like homing missiles.  Only 2 ponies died to em.  The first was the chief medical officer.  The one after was the replacement chief medical officer.  Well, not like they had done any work.  Its just the principal of the thing.

@Removing woodcutter from the salvage yard thing.  That was previously a pretty great way to get masterwork stuff...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 04, 2013, 06:22:39 am »

Oh, i had the impression that soap has an unlimited shelf life like honey if kept right. Google says i'm right. If it doesn't get dissolved in something it shouldn't go bad. It still loses its scent after a while, but i would say that's not a real concern in the wasteland.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 04, 2013, 01:43:57 pm »

...is there a chance for stung ponies to survive the venom?

Not if your hammerpony expedition leader is injected in the head.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 04, 2013, 03:40:54 pm »

I've just got an idea about antidotes and combat drugs and posted it in my Post-Apocalypse thread, you could use the same mechanics.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 04, 2013, 04:20:12 pm »

> I've just got an idea about antidotes and combat drugs and posted it in my Post-Apocalypse thread, you could use the same mechanics.

Well, Sparkle Cola-Rad should probably remain what it it now. Other than that, this is both a funny and tedious idea.

Tedious because with the two currently possible ways to give interactions: evaporating boulders and drink, there is some fiddling with workshop profiles and doors to make the right dwarf drink it and I need a spreadsheet to keep track of things.

Funny because imagine SATS + Buffout + Psycho (gives 50% physical resist) + Spells / Adrenaline Rush at the beginning of a combat.

I dislike the Antidote idea. It would have to be permanent to be any good. But then even permanent antidote wouldn't be that overpowered, seeing as FBs would probably still overrule it and Radscorpions aren't dangerous by mid-game.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 04, 2013, 04:25:06 pm »

My drugs are food, so you could just put a food stockpile with drugs in your barracks and make sure they are a bit far from general area so that common ponies don't eat the drugs.

Why would an antidote have to be permanent?
If it's half a year long and produced from plants, then just mix it in your food ration or again in your barracks. It will be also useful for adventure mode (and it will end much faster because adventure mode ticks =/= fortress mode ticks).

Do you guys have no cazadors or poisonous weapons? Well I need it because I have cazadors and also tropical mosquitos which sting a lot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 04, 2013, 07:08:56 pm »

I already use the interaction mechanics you described for some of my spells, but ecountered a few issues when trying to modify them for drugs. At the moment there’s no way to have an interaction run out after a set number of “uses”, so the two options are:

An autoinject interaction that runs out after a period of time: You won’t know when it expires, and it can do so before it’s used if the subject never enters combat. Mixing it into the military food supply as you mentioned can work, but could be problematic with addiction penalties (Something to deter overseers from drugging their citizens up to the gills ;)). There's also no way to tell which soldiers are using which drugs, so you can get instances of soldiers consuming drugs they already have.

A permanent autoinject interaction: You don’t have to worry about it running out, and can control which soldiers have it, but not having to refill it seems cheaty. :-\

We do have poisonous creatures like the radscorpions and paradores, but as Maklak mentioned they're not particularly dangerous compared to some of the later threats.

> Oh, I had the impression that soap has an unlimited shelf life like honey if kept right.
I’ll add it in then. Thanks to you and tahujdt for the suggestion!

> But then even a permanent antidote wouldn't be that overpowered.
Not if it’s a Rad-X autoinjector that makes glowing ghoul radiation harmless. ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:00:07 pm by Lycaeon »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 210