Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 500800 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2925 on: November 02, 2014, 01:58:38 am »

If you call posts updates, half the time it is me spewing random stuff.
Otherwise, the updates are small and buggy. The .40 is still in alpha-ish state.

Alternatively, we are a bunch of crazy people with nothing better to do.

Oh yeah, forgot another thing, do you want broccoli as an edible raw value 1 growable food plant in honour of Puppysmiles?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 03:29:25 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: November 02, 2014, 03:49:34 am »

> Oh yeah, forgot another thing, do you want broccoli as an edible raw value 1 growable food plant in honour of Puppysmiles?
Meh, I don't want too many of anything, including crops. Come to think of it, lettuce would make a nice edible raw crop, but it isn't brewable. It is kinda cookable, though (if you count adding salad to a main dish as cooking). I'm not sure about value, but it grows fast (2 months irl is enough) and can be grown in hydroponics.

EDIT: I'm not against broccoli. I'm against having multiple crops that do essentially the same thing. And if you say, there is just a few, then adding another is OK.
You know what, just disregard what I said. I got out of touch with the mod.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:37:43 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: November 02, 2014, 03:58:09 am »

> Meh, I don't want too many of anything, including crops.
If I remember correctly, there are only 3 underground crops and 5 above-ground ones. Another underground one wouldn't hurt, right? Because surely something as disgusting as broccoli couldn't have sprouted under the light of Celestia's Day, right? Right? (joke)

UPDATE: I must apologise for not presenting the update as promised. Things have been harder than they seemed. Sorry for getting your hopes up. Next Estimated Date of Release: End of this month.
And to continue tradition: I suck at modding.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 11:48:40 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: November 02, 2014, 07:57:35 pm »

And it turns out that all my problems so far have been caused by two spaces. Two. Freaking. Spaces.
So, because life kinda hates me, I now have another problem. DFHack now crashes instead of throwing back errors at me.

UPDATE: Yep, found out it also crashes in vanilla. Not sure if this is a problem with DFHack or my computer though...

Do you mind if you help me determine 2 things from here?

a) Does unpausing the game for the first time crash DFHack?

b) Does running the "Test syndromes" reaction in the Farmer's Workshop crash DFHack?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:49:50 pm by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

totallyLegit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: November 03, 2014, 06:12:26 am »

No crash, but DFhack says this when testSyndromes is done.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: November 03, 2014, 08:54:42 am »

Hmm...Looking into it. Do PipBucks work?
I do stuff, I guess

totallyLegit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: November 03, 2014, 07:06:55 pm »

How would I test that exactly?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: November 03, 2014, 08:12:07 pm »

Enlist a victim volunteer into the military. Give him/her a PipBuck. Sic him/her on something like a ghoul or a large radscorpion. Check the [r]eports for mentions of activating SATS.
You can also skip the hassle of obtaining a PipBuck through natural means by selecting a unit with [k] look and entering into the DFHack console createitem SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_PIPBUCK INORGANIC:STEEL 1. A PipBuck will appear at that unit's feet.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: November 04, 2014, 12:04:35 pm »

Come to think of it, according to lore, Stable ponies have pipbucks in general. So maybe instead of (or in addition to) having a pipbuck item with the syndrome, Atable ponies should have a "natural" interaction to use pipbucks, like turrets can fire bullets by themselves.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: November 04, 2014, 02:25:26 pm »

Come to think of it, according to lore, Stable ponies have pipbucks in general. So maybe instead of (or in addition to) having a pipbuck item with the syndrome, Stable ponies should have a "natural" interaction to use pipbucks, like turrets can fire bullets by themselves.

I was wondering when someone would point that out. Always struck me as odd that they needed to dig out something from wreckage and such that was supposed to be standard issue to Stable Ponies.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: November 04, 2014, 08:35:46 pm »

So in game-play terms that would translate into essentially having steel skin for the left lower foreleg, or right lower foreleg if it is the Red Eye caste, and a self-targeting existing PipBuck-like interaction tied to that particular leg that gives the powers of SATS. This would also simplify the radio propagation reaction I plan for later on.
But that brings two problems: a) What to do with existing PipBucks? The only thing I can think of is a reaction to give blanks/slaves one. b) SATS is kinda powerful, and your basically giving everyone it. So there will be balance issues.
And I'm really tempted to reference Duck and Cover, the protaganist's PipBuck was a sticker.

EDIT: Oopsies, almost forgot. Do the PipBucks work? I still get crashes and not the error for the reaction.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:44:40 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: November 05, 2014, 01:21:58 pm »

I haven't even thought about steel foreleg. Just the SATS interaction.

> a) What to do with existing PipBucks? The only thing I can think of is a reaction to give blanks/slaves one.
Also, adventure mode item for other races (Griffins?) and an expensive sock.

> b) SATS is kinda powerful, and your basically giving everyone it. So there will be balance issues.
I think this is the reason Lacaeon didn't do it.

Another problem I see, is freeing up a leg for an autoinjector or something.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: November 05, 2014, 09:24:18 pm »

> and an expensive sock.
I like the sound of that.

> I think this is the reason Lacaeon didn't do it.
The option is to make SATS only available after a reaction at something like the Stable-Tec terminal, since I also have some civilian uses planned for PipBucks, like radio propagation.

> Another problem I see, is freeing up a leg for an autoinjector or something
Currently, I think the problem is getting the resources to produce all the available autoinjectors, since the effects of multiple same autoinjectors do not stack. I think.

Asking this again, do the PipBucks work without crash? Even if there is a crash, please tell me.

EDIT: Small development list, not in any order, to take my mind off DFHack:
 - Broccoli. Pink Eyes, enough said.
 - Cybernetics, mega-post couple of pages back
 - Stable-tec stuff
  > Mass-production of stuff, batch processing etc
  > PipBuck related civilian things, like radio broadcasts involving sprite bots
 - Drugs, another small post couple of pages back
 - Everfree, apple trees + update to .40.14
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:45:38 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: November 07, 2014, 10:16:41 am »

No one answering? Ah, well. Another question for those kind enough to help with DFHack debugging, does your game crash upon abandonment/retirement?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: November 07, 2014, 10:51:07 am »

I've honestly been waiting for things to bottom out as it were, so mods and such can actually update themselves, DFHack can catch up, and we can have a fairly stable run for a little while. Plus oddly enough a mess slightly related to this very mod has left me in a depressive episode the last few days and not really in shape to play... Anything the last day or so really, never mind this mod.

As to PipBucks, could always have the found ones replaced with Military PipBucks/military upgrade hologems/disks/whateverthehelltheyuseIdon'trememberwhich, and have the StableTec ones they'd start with only confer half the bonuses for half as long they'd get if they were optimized for combat -- after all, you'd be expected to use that for some nonthreatening target shooting, playing soccer, or taking care of the odd bunch of largely unthreatening radroaches that just won't sit still. Nobody is expected to actually be using those things to kill other ponies on a regular basis.

Obviously this would hinge on being able to replace the StableTec SATS interaction with an "Combat Optimized" SATS (obviously by way of itemsyndrome if possible.) Of course it'd be in addition to whatever else is planned. Then again I'm slightly sleep deprived so take any of that shit I just typed with a grain of salt.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 210