Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 500845 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2835 on: October 12, 2014, 12:25:21 pm »

Of course a more effort/building intensive solution is to set the turrets up in pill boxes that it can't move (or move very much,) anyway.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: October 12, 2014, 12:27:27 pm »

I think the turret's firing speed is directly related to its speed, that's why minigun turrets are much faster than normal turrets, but I'll give it a shot, thanks.
Attack speed are nothing related to GAITS, so you can set it to a fast firing with slow gaits.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: October 13, 2014, 08:43:03 am »

> Attack speed are nothing related to GAITS, so you can set it to a fast firing with slow gaits.
Thanks, it works. You're awesome. I suck as a modder.

The baking system looks intimidating. Is it okay if it simplified to one type of dough/bread and one type of cookie?

The crops expansion has been completed and I am currently installing DFHack into the mod. I think I will be able to upload an update by tonight or latest by tomorrow. Any feedback on drugs and the gun revamp will be greatly appreciated in the meantime.

UPDATE: Update
Have not touched baking since I am awaiting your response.

Reading past posts has revealed Lycaeon intended the Chemistry Lab to be the site of drug production. Should I move all the reactions there? It would reduce the number of buildings.
Anyway, after crops it's turret buffing. Rifle turrets will be part of the Stable-tec expansion. That will probably be completed by the end of tomorrow.
After that, it is either cybernetics or drug use on prisoners. Cybernetics is kinda fleshed out, but would take quite a bit of time while drug use on prisoners is sketchy but would require a lot less time to do.

Cybernetics is going to be split into three groups: medical, militiary and implants. Medical cybernetics are a generic item that are rarer than power talismans in MoP crates, they can either be reversed engineered at the Cybernetics Lab or installed at the Surgery Table. The Surgery Table is a one-tile workshop that can be easily placed in the hospital so reaction interactions can easily target the wounded pony you want to heal. "Consume Hydra" is going to be modified to "Administer Hydra" and shifted here. Once reverse-engineered, medical cybernetics can be constructed at the Cybernetics Lab from some robot motors, sensor modules, a spark battery and a steel bar.
Military cybernetics would require the addition of a new rare crate, the OIA crate. OIA crates would be like MoI crates, replacing posters with paperwork, in addition to having a ~16% chance of a Project crate. As of now, only Project Steelpony will  be fleshed out. It would have a high chance of having spark batteries, mid-tier gems, robot motors, sensor modules and steel bars, a medium chance of carrying implants, which will be touched on later, and power talismans, and a small chance of having a cyberpony upgrade which I have no idea what to call. A worker can be assigned to upgrade himself with a cyberpony upgrade at the Cybernetics Lab, kind of like the stasis pod reaction. This would require the cyberpony upgrade, a power talisman and several gems and may not be completely balanced yet. Once complete, the reaction would transform him into a new creature, the cyberpony, which has natural skill and improved skill rates in all combat skills as well as having superior physical attributes and kinesthetic/spatial sense at the cost of decreased skill rates at everything else and the NOTHOUGHTS and NOEMOTIONS tag. However, there would be a chance of them going berserk a la robot upgrades in addition to having a syndrome causing mild pain for the rest of their lives.
Implants are the not so extreme form of cybernetics. Basically, when a pony upgrades himself with them, he gains a tag, for example synthetic lungs granting NOBREATHE and cybernetic eyes granting EXTRAVISION. To be honest, those are the only implants I have thought of so far, any suggestions are welcome. All cybernetics can be reverse-engineered and produced from steel, sensors and motors and some other stuff.
That wraps up cybernetics, feedback and suggestions are welcome.
While on the topic, here is a brief run through of the other Project crates (dangit, now an OIA arc has been added to the dev list):
Project Chimera (pony hybrids): MED-X and statis talismans, along with terminal components and MoP processing matrices. Stasis pod parts
Project Partypooper (Mass-assasination) [very rare drop]: Anti-machine rifles, large caliber bullets, very rarely combat armor
Project Starfall (megaspell-ish thingy): Spell hologems, high tier gems, star-metal (very rarely)
Project Redoubt (Stable 0): [contents of Stable-tec crate, biased towards higher end stuff], wine
Project Horizons: Sorry to disappoint, I have no idea what to add. Blame Goldenblood (joke).
Project Eternity: Wait for Zebra/MoI arc

Okay, as for usage of drugs on prisoners, I have a couple of ideas, some of which are obtained from my classmates. All reactions will fit in the Pony Resources Centre.
- Use Buck and Dash to increase slave/blank endurance, possibly recuperation and removing FLEEQUICK.
- Using Med-X (?) to sedate slaves/blanks, removing FLEEQUICK but decreasing agility
- Using everything to kill slaves/blanks
Any suggestions/feedback are welcome.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:06:19 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: October 13, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »

> Seriously, pitting 30 unarmed Unity of various colours against 30 wastelanders of varying equipment is fun and totally uneducational.
pics plzx. :)

> The baking system looks intimidating. Is it okay if it simplified to one type of dough/bread and one type of cookie?
> Have not touched baking since I am awaiting your response.
I'm surprised you even have to ask. Baking system was a separate mod, merged into pony mods among other things. In my experience it was bloated and never really worked anyway. I sure wouldn't miss it, even if it was removed completely, although Replica might.

> Reading past posts has revealed Lycaeon intended the Chemistry Lab to be the site of drug production.
> Should I move all the reactions there? It would reduce the number of buildings.
Yes, we already have too many buildings.

> Rifle turrets will be part of the Stable-tec expansion.
So something in between basic turrets and minigun turrets? Works for me, as long as it has steel chaisis and uses at most 1 crate of medium ammo to build.

> Medical cybernetics are a generic item that are rarer than power talismans in MoP crates, they can either be reversed engineered
In my experience it hardly makes sense to RE something that needs 4-5 items to RE when I'm expected to get maybe 1 or 2 before FPS death.

> replacing posters with paperwork
Posters are at least marginally usefull for parties. Paperwork? I guess we can burn that into ash with low yield or somehow process it into clean paper for scrolls.

> cyberpony upgrade
I'm OK with single implants, but I don't like the idea of having a complete set for a steelpony. Deus was just a prototype and even Zodiac, the creator of this project, failed to get replacement parts in over 10 years. But then Blackjack did, so maybe.
Hm, steelpony is a complete set, with armour plating, 120 mm guns (which should be 20-30mm). In-game you could add a caste with steel skin and max physical attributes, but that pony could still use normal equipment... except Blackjack did just that. 
OK, looks like I got nothing, but my advice is still to add a few implants and see how that works out, before considering steeplony.

You could add autosanguine from WH 40k, which works like healing autoinjector, only all the time, maxing disease resistance and recuperation. But maybe that would be OP.

> Using everything to kill slaves/blanks
I can easily do that without using up drugs.

The rest of these ideas sound scary-wild to me. I think it would be too much overpowered stuff. It would take away from the "wasteland theme" and move towards "mad science theme". But that's just one opinion.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: October 13, 2014, 05:33:01 pm »

I have tried the latest updates, but I always crash after selecting my embark gear and starting the embark. Do you have that problem too?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: October 14, 2014, 01:29:36 am »

> pics plzx. :)
Okay. Next time I do that again.

> So something in between basic turrets and minigun turrets? 
Medium caliber with the speed of a normal turret.

> In my experience it hardly makes sense to RE something that needs 4-5 items to RE when I'm expected to get maybe 1 or 2 before FPS death
For those crazy people who want to. It was a relatively recent technology before the last day, so I expect schematics would just be as widely distributed as the actual thing.

> . Paperwork? I guess we can burn that into ash with low yield or somehow process it into clean paper for scrolls. 
To be honest, it's mostly just there for flavour.

> In-game you could add a caste with steel skin 
I would prefer a new creature, eliminate cyberponies being born.

> I can easily do that without using up drugs. 
This shows how desperate I am for ideas.

> I have tried the latest updates, but I always crash after selecting my embark gear and starting the embark. Do you have that problem too?
To be honest, I have only played arena mode. My exams are coming soon, I have no time for a full blown test fort. Still, I think it is related to DFHack, I will look into it once I reach home.
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: October 14, 2014, 01:32:29 am »

New creatures can't be issued orders and far as I know, don't do labors they don't have a natural ability to do (as thier labors can't be turned on.) Or more, transforming them into a new creature may limit them to military use only (and only if they were already in at the start.)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: October 14, 2014, 03:08:12 am »

> New creatures can't be issued orders and far as I know, don't do labors they don't have a natural ability to do (as thier labors can't be turned on.) Or more, transforming them into a new creature may limit them to military use only (and only if they were already in at the start.)
Miltiary cyberponies are pretty much military only, since they perform other skills so poorly. This could also be another downside to upgrading a pony, while you gain an extremely powerful soldier, you lose a member of your workforce.

Oops, silly me, this version does not have DFHack.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:31:29 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: October 14, 2014, 03:32:00 am »

It seems kind of... I'm trying to figure out a way to word what I want to say without sounding sarcastic or anything. Unfair I guess. I'd say Stable ponies wouldn't be so militant that they'd deny function restoring treatments to thier people if they needed it and had the resources, and a little redundant restricting it to military only when power armor pipbucks and drugs are likely to be a far more readily available means to buff a soldier.

I mean granted Security is probably going to be the ones making heaviest use of it but other workers who are injured (like say, particularly valuable engineers, metal workers, or speedy farmers you need to feed everyone, or that one stupidly popular pony you can afford to lose without half the population caving in with greif) would greatly benefit in the event of crippling injury. Besides that, making the popratio extremely an low level greatly reduces the chance of cyberponies being born to low enough points where migrant ones would actually even make sense to an extent, since that seems to work properly in the newest DF version.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: October 14, 2014, 03:51:39 am »

> It seems kind of... I'm trying to figure out a way to word what I want to say without sounding sarcastic or anything.
Be as sarcastic as you wish.

> I'd say Stable ponies wouldn't be so militant that they'd deny function restoring treatments to thier people if they needed it and had the resources, and a little redundant restricting it to military only when power armor pipbucks and drugs are likely to be a far more readily available means to buff a soldier.
Cybernetics are not restricted to military only, there are military cybernetics which were described, and medical cybernetics (prosthetics?) that completely heal a pony very much like Hydra. They were described in my post above.

Oh yes, Destyvirago, the problem seems to be in your version. My works perfectly fine. However, I have found that synth-reeds cannot be brought at embark. An updated version fixing this along with simplified baking and improved turrets should be uploaded by tonight or tomorrow latest.

UPDATE: It seems that bloatsprites are actually particularly immune to turrets. Turret bullets kill other things fine; vultures, wastelander etc, but bloatsprites are only propelled away by the shot, somethings exploding a particular part of the body into gore.
Speaking of that, I got a friend to start DF by showing him a combat report.
More playing around with Arena mode reveals minigun turrets are OP. They can literally slaughter reavers, giant radscorpions and wildlife with ease. About the only thing so far that can actually survive one is an Unity Alicorn.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:47:09 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: October 14, 2014, 05:51:00 am »

Well, the way it was described came off as a giant "screw you" to anyone not already part of a lifer militia squad, as in the way it was worded implied that restricting them in such a manner flatout barred them from being used by civilians in any capacity. Regardless I don't think a separate creature is a good way to go, because you never know when you may need those soldiers to stop soldiering and for example, help keep wounded alive after some horrific disaster, especially if they're the only ones not currently literally and figuratively flipping shit.

While arguably that could be the whole point, it making a new creature, one that would likely not be counted as a citizen anymore (the only game I have to go on for this is Masterwork, as golems require a dwarf be turned into a nondwarf to make them go,) heavily discourages the use of combat cybernetics entirely because it could very likely result in them being  completely (and strangely,) useless in a crisis where you need ponies who are hardened enough to plow through the crisis and get what needs doing done without punching people or breaking shit, as well as the possibility of them not being "counted" during such a disaster (that last foal starve and wounded lye maker dehydrate? Game over buddy, regardless of the 3 cyborgs you had doin' thier soldierin' job like usual due to them not being counted as citizens, but animals.)

While this would be fine and even make complete sense if they were... Say, servitors or golems that ostensibly are no longer human or equivalent in any capacity anymore and just mindless killing machines intended to be an unfeeling and veritable wall of death to intruders and berserk residents, a cyberpony that's just been beefed up with some mechanical legs, reinforced spine, and some filters implanted in his lungs so that he can be a better fighter and tackle dangerous work in radiation-laden dust storms shouldn't be like that.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: October 14, 2014, 09:08:51 am »

> What Splint said.
That is a good point. I will hold off combat cybernetics for the mean time and focus on medical cybernetics and implants. Hopefully, I can get that done by the end of this week and receive your feedback on it.

And Destyvirago, sorry but I still can't find what is causing DF to crash for you. Are you using Phoebus graphics? I haven't tested that yet.

Still working on simplifying bakery (read removing most of the stuff) and adding baguette swords, should be ready later tonight.

And more fun with the Arena, minigun turrets are capable of killing power armored ponies in addition to almost everything that is not a megabeast or end-game enemy.
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: October 14, 2014, 11:02:28 am »

Actually I used the file as I downloaded it. I made no modifications. Only thing I did was start up Dwarf Therapist as I like to take a closer look at my ponies before embarking so I can give them fitting jobs. After I gave them skills and gear and pressed the embark button, the game stopped. Maybe I'll try again later with a fresh install. 

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: October 14, 2014, 11:16:32 am »

Good luck. I hope you can make it work.

Anyway, new version uploaded. Turret damage has been buffed and the baking system simplified to just one type of bread and cookie. Because everyone likes cookies. Baguette swords have been added and are hilariously impractical, I may consider to increase the weapon's velocity multiplier to make them actually do damage.

Anyway, feel free to download and play with this version, the next version is a long way off.
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: October 14, 2014, 01:27:06 pm »

> > Paperwork?
> To be honest, it's mostly just there for flavour.
I'd rather not have useless crap clog my stockpiles. Add a low yield reaction to burn it to ashes to salvage yard, based on the reaction to burn posters:

[REACTION:CREMATE_POSTERS]
   [NAME:burn posters (5) (wood burning)]
   [BUILDING:SALVAGE_YARD:CUSTOM_T]
   [REAGENT:A:5:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:poster]
   [PRODUCT:5:1:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:WOOD_BURNING]

> This shows how desperate I am for ideas.
My advice: don't be. Take a step back and focus on what's important right now: porting stuff to v0.40. This mod has a lot of content as it is and in my opinion it could even do without a few things it has (bakery, expeditions, hydroponics farm). You have crashes, balance issues, dfhack issues, tree and salvage issues and other things to worry about. I also think some more vanilla workshops / reactions are now moddable, so you might want to move reactions to different workshops. New content can wait.

When adding new conctent, you have to watch out for "pwer creep - power sweep". There is a natural tendency to add progessively more powerful things, but you have to compare them to what we have so far and how difficult it is to get. For example your combat drugs are more powerful than pipbucks.

> steelpony.
I like seeing my ponies as morally gray at worst. Cyborgizing a pony is a pretty evil thing to do. I'm not talking about replacement limbs, but about making a normal pony into another Deus. During the war there was a reason to develop superweapons, but I don't think most stables would go quite that far anymore. But then we already have Pinkamena and blank slaves, so maybe.

> I'd say Stable ponies wouldn't be so militant that they'd deny function restoring treatments to
> thier people if they needed it and had the resources
Well, there is always Hydra. Making a cyberpony is a pretty desperate move.

> More playing around with Arena mode reveals minigun turrets are OP. They can literally slaughter reavers,
> giant radscorpions and wildlife with ease. About the only thing so far that can actually survive one is an Unity Alicorn.
Lycaeon said the same thing. Maybe I just didn't ever manage to make a minigun turret then. In any case, the basic ones were pathethic.

> that last foal starve and wounded lye maker dehydrate? Game over buddy,
> regardless of the 3 cyborgs you had doin' thier soldierin' job like usual due to them not being counted as citizens, but animals
Hahahaha :) The 3 cyborgs were so chromed up that they didn't have any equininity(?) left, so they weren't considered ponies.

I have another idea for an implant: some sort of built-in armour that permalently adds CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:3 or something // The 3 should be between 2 and 5, I think.

> Baguette swords have been added and are hilariously impractical,
> I may consider to increase the weapon's velocity multiplier to make them actually do damage.
Why? They're made of bread, which makes them worse than wooden training weapons.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 210