Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 491836 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2535 on: May 06, 2013, 02:51:57 pm »

> Shells
I think they also come from mussels, but I'm not sure. The use of shell for strange moods was toned down quite a bit, so you're unlucky to even have this problem.

> I think dying cloth and thread are hard-coded. You could change the name of "Tough Lether" to "Black Leather" and pretend it's black (or even change the colour in the RAWs). I know there was a wood-dyeing workshop in Nikodeng's 1.71 MLP mod for 31.25, so you can look there how to do this.

> Hey Maklak, I've been meaning to ask you, where have you been placing your flamethrower turrets? Have you been placing them outside or in contained areas with paved roads/floors?
I haven't figured out what to do with them and Callgrow doesn't even have enough steel and didn't reverse-engineer flamethrowers. I kinda gave up on them anyway. They didn't seem to do much to enemies (including buzzards) and I don't want to use up a ton of blocks to pave the area around to prevent my wood from burning from a grass wildfire.

What do you guys think about my #getplants macros, I posted yesterday?

EDIT: This may be relevant for dfhack stability: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122578.msg4233286#msg4233286
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:20:49 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: May 08, 2013, 07:12:11 pm »

Treason: To Cloudsound and the continued prosperity of its citizens! :) Nightstalkers are tameable and better than ordinary dogs.

> Lower the amount of posters per crate and give a chance to find an article of fine clothing.
Already on the development list, along with cutting down on other excess salvage.

Thirtyeight: You need to disable the Rangers with a pulse mine first. They'll move slowly and get caught by the first cage trap they encounter. After that you can interrogate them normally.

> Sweetie-bots
Interesting, but I can't see a functional use for them at the moment that isn't covered by the other robots.

> I don't know if this is a bug or not, but ponies that put on battle saddles immediately drop their weapons.
Can you re-equip them? Good catch on the Rangers though...I removed their grasp but forgot this makes them lose their weapons.

Wilde Card: Can you upload the save for that turret duplication bug? It may be specific to your situation but I'd still like to check it out.

> Oh yeah, and the reaction for inflating balloons doesn't have the 'L' from 'inflate'
Nice catch.

Maklak: I've noted Putnam's development on reactions that could recognize skill levels, and it is indeed intriguing in many ways. Learning magic could finally be linked to alchemy skill level (Though still limited by discipline), allowing unicorns to progress beyond apprentice level. Many other complex reactions can be restricted to skilled ponies, such as robot manufacturing for mechanics. And so forth...though its application in expeditions will be limited, as there's no way to grade multiple skill levels for a single reaction.

> Improved concrete yield.
A few extra blocks wouldn't hurt.

> A separate chain of labour-intensive reactions (like the MLP mod research) to get diamonds would be preferable to just finding them in random rocks.
A research tree to improve rock farming yields would be just the thing for Rarity's ministry. :)

> Actually this gives us more than just shotguns. We can have dual miniguns: fire two or more bullets at once.
All good points for when I get around to adding them in. Dual miniguns may be too heavy for a single pony, however.

> How would you see the removal of plywood, with the plywood workshop using wooden blocks instead of plywood and breaking the furniture into wooden blocks too?
Wooden blocks are much larger than planks and so less manageable for a furniture system.

> I got first relevant results from my script. It is a RAW crawler and reads various kinds of things about plants.
Interesting, but I'm sticking to Notepad++.

> This may be relevant for dfhack stability.
Good news! :D

Tahujdt: Fleshing out the MoI crates won't happen this version.

> Lyc, can you add a way to make black leather?
I'll look into it.

> Anyways, I have figured out the perfect way to get Lycaeon to release the next version within 48 hours. I have started a new fort, and it's doing very well.
I guess I'll let you enjoy this fort for the coming week. ;)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sorry for the slow replies - it's been a busy week, though I hope to get back to modding by next Wednesday.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 08, 2013, 07:27:43 pm »

>Can you re-equip the dropped items?

Yes, though it took me a shamefully long time to notice the weapons were being forbidden when dropped. I kept wondering why soldiers wouldn't pick up dropped artifact weapons.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 09, 2013, 12:32:56 am »

All I ever said about reactions being limited by skill was telling Meph that I wouldn't know how.

Wilde Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 09, 2013, 02:14:56 am »

Wilde Card: Can you upload the save for that turret duplication bug? It may be specific to your situation but I'd still like to check it out.

Sorry, I can't find it, I think I deleted it in I realized the hard way not to put flamethrower turrets outside :-\
It may be relevant that I was using advanced params to give me excess high-quality salvage, but I have no idea. So sorry I can't get the save to you, but I'll try to duplicate the glitch at some point

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: May 09, 2013, 11:36:49 am »

Hm, I think soap can be made from rock nut oil, but can't be made from synth-oil. Is this true? If so, is it intentional? I'm looking at the RAWs and Quarry Bushes have a soap template and synth reeds don't.

I have an idea on interactions for chicken transformations that don't trigger: Lock the door to the room with the workshop and see if the pony will use her interaction if she can't path out of the room.

> I've noted Putnam's development on reactions that could recognize skill levels, and it is indeed intriguing in many ways. Learning magic could finally be linked to alchemy skill level (Though still limited by discipline), allowing unicorns to progress beyond apprentice level. Many other complex reactions can be restricted to skilled ponies, such as robot manufacturing for mechanics.
Actually I've just put an idea for skillsyndrome script in dfhack suggestion thread, and a few people agreed it would be good to have, but no one volunteered to write it. My idea was to have a subset of skills give periodically refreshed syndromes such as ACCOMPLISHED_MAGICIAN. This would allow for spells to grow stronger with skill in magic or the expedition to check for a syndrome based on best weapon skill, but wouldn't be so good for reactions. That is you could restrict the interaction "turn chicken to robot" to just certain skill levels, but the workshop reaction would still waste the materials if the workshop wasn't profiled.
Meph proposed restricting reactions to just certain skill levels, but that would require changing how assigning jobs works in the game (or just continuously removing dwarves from jobs they aren't qualified to do) and is more difficult.

> Dual miniguns may be too heavy for a single pony, however.
I agree, I was thinking more about the heavier robots.

> > I got first relevant results from my script. It is a RAW crawler and reads various kinds of things about plants.
> Interesting, but I'm sticking to Notepad++.
It's not meant to help edit anything. Just read the plant RAWs and spit out a bunch of information.
Progress on my own script: Pretty much all the important pieces are either in place or I can easily modify the code I have to include them, with the exception of the automatic hints and colouring. Everything else just needs to be put into place and assembled. Then maybe the long part that reads the RAWs can be shortened by putting some elsif's together. Good news it, this will hopefully be universal enough to work for other mods too, I'll also have to take a look at Materwork, because Meph wanted it.

> Black Leather.
Here is a bunch of stuff from the old Pony Mod RAWs. Maybe this will help. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ah, forget it. Just rename tough leather to black leather if you really want it.

EDIT: My script is beginning to work for crops. This table was generated by my RAW crawler and wasn't edited manually:

Crop table:

Name
ID
ValueGrowsSeasonsEatCookBrew (Value)BiofuelProducts (Value)Hints
carrot
ROOT_CARROT
284Spring Summer YesYescarrot juice (2)NoN/ATODO
celery
CELERY
284Winter Spring Summer YesYescelery juice (1)NoN/ATODO
radish
ROOT_RADISH
284Winter Spring Summer YesYesradish juice (1)No
DYE: radish dye (4)
TODO
synth-reed
SYNTH_REED
284All yearNoNosynthcola (2)No
THREAD: synth-reed thread (2)
OIL: synth-oil (5)
TODO
cave wheat
GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE
284All yearNoYesbeer (2)Yes
FLOUR: wheat flour (20)
DOUGH: (20-40)
TODO
sweet pod
POD_SWEET
256All yearYesYesrum (2)Yes
SUGAR: sugar (20)
CANDY: sweet pod candy (20)
EXTRACT(Barrel): syrup (20)
TODO
quarry bush
BUSH_QUARRY
256All yearNoNoNoNo
LEAF: quarry bush leaves (5)
OIL: rock nut oil (5)
SOAP: rock nut soap (5)
PRESSED: rock nut press cake (1)
TODO
tumbleweed
TUMBLEWEED
156Summer Autumn NoNowasteland gin (3)Yes
DYE: ochre dye (20)
TODO
barrel cactus fruit
BARREL_CACTUS
356Spring Summer Autumn YesYeswasteland water (1)No
EXTRACT(Barrel): barrel cactus jam (15)
TODO
muck root
ROOT_MUCK
184Spring Summer Autumn YesYesswamp whiskey (1)YesN/ATODO
bloated tuber
TUBER_BLOATED
184Spring Summer Autumn YesYestuber beer (2)YesN/ATODO
prickle berry
BERRIES_PRICKLE
156Spring Summer YesYesprickle berry wine (1)YesN/ATODO
wild strawberry
BERRIES_STRAW_WILD
256Spring Summer YesYesstrawberry wine (2)YesN/ATODO
Longland grass
GRASS_LONGLAND
284Spring Summer Autumn NoYesLongland beer (2)Yes
FLOUR: Longland flour (20)
DOUGH: (20-40)
TODO
valley herb
HERB_VALLEY
556Spring Summer NoYesNoNo
EXTRACT(Flask): golden salve (100)
TODO
rat weed
WEED_RAT
184Winter Spring Summer YesYessewer brew (1)YesN/ATODO
fisher berry
BERRIES_FISHER
256Spring Summer YesYesfisher berry wine (2)YesN/ATODO
rope reed
REED_ROPE
284Spring Summer Autumn NoNoriver spirits (2)Yes
THREAD: rope reed thread (2)
TODO
dimple cup
MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE
256All yearNoNoNoNo
DYE: dimple dye (20)
TODO
blade weed
WEED_BLADE
284Winter Spring Summer NoNoNoNo
DYE: emerald dye (20)
TODO
hide root
ROOT_HIDE
184Spring Summer Autumn NoNoNoNo
DYE: redroot dye (10)
TODO
sliver barb
SLIVER_BARB
184Spring Summer Autumn NoNogutter cruor (1)Yes
DYE: sliver dye (20)
TODO
sun berry
BERRY_SUN
356Spring Summer YesYessunshine (5)NoN/ATODO
whip vine
VINE_WHIP
184Spring Summer Autumn NoYeswhip wine (3)Yes
FLOUR: whip vine flour (25)
DOUGH: (25-50)
TODO

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:57:23 pm by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: May 12, 2013, 08:00:16 am »

Hamlet Tactic, "Padtactics."

4th year report. Scribe: Moral Growlponder, Mechanic, Doctor and Expedition Leader.

Population: 33.  26 adults, 6 children, 1 baby.

Location: Joyous Wilds, Tropical Woodland and Fresh Water Lake, southern portion of the Stable Continent.

Main Export(s): Chalk mechanisms and prepared meals.

Main Import(s): Platinum bars and Bauxite.

Military Might: 2 skirmishers in combat armor, learning the Ancient Arts of Zebra unarmed warfare.

Main Crop: Sweet pods.
Secondary: Sun Berries, Quarry Bushes.

Local Threats to date: Raiders and Marauders in groups of three or four.  *An abandoned robotics factory must be near as there have been sightings of military grade robots wandering about.  Local wildlife is almost non-existent save for a single Balefire Phoenix that was captured our first year here.
Largest Threat to date: Hot, Hot, HOT!  We arrived during the early spring of the year and it was hot enough that standing outside in the thick of the day was a recipe for disaster.  I did not realize just how accursed-hot this place could get until last year when a band of slave traders stumbled upon us and we saw the cooked bodies of their poor victims within their cages.  Now, a year later, we watched as several wastelanders stumbled down the ramp into our trade depot and expired from blood loss.  We sent a couple scouts outside to see what danger had found us, of if they had just had the unfortunate luck of stumbling into a cloud of the irradiated dust and spray off the lake, and we were horrified to see the whole caravan bleeding out, their **fat melting and the water within their bodies almost boiling through their skin.  All of them have died in the span of a few hours.

*Something I have noticed about Good Biomes in the Mod: Lots of robots.  I've routinely seen Robobrains and Mr. Macintoshes run around.
**This used to be one of my favorite things to do in previous version of DF; gen a world with extreme temperatures.  Cold that could kill while on a Glacier and Heat that could boil you alive if you stood outside.  I did not think I had fiddled with the temperature levels to wholly unlivable conditions with this world, but I dropped an obsidian pillar above ground and it registered as being "warm."  I've also lost several baby brahmin and bighorns when I left them in an above ground pasture.  Their bodies could not take the heat.  Also, all meeting areas produced with "I" register as "Hot."

Update: Yeah..soon after reporting this, all my ponies went outside to collect the caravan leavings and bled to death themselves...
Next update-to-come: Embarking in the same portion of the world and trying it over again!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:12:08 am by Treason »

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: May 12, 2013, 08:15:20 am »

Okay, something odd to report:  After going back to poor, doomed Padtactics, when selecting a new embark spot, I saw that nearby civilizations (friendly) were listed as having "No Trade" to my region..and yet a was still receiving regular caravans.

Update: More experimentation!  New Stable, same region.  Everything is hot, hot, hot!  I cheated this time and turned on fastdwarf with Dhack.  I set my herbalist to gathering sun berries, which was slow going my last stable as despite prospector saying there were 40 something berries bushes about, when I used getplants, it only designated 1 or 2 at a time.  This time, there was 90 something.  My herbalist spent less than half a season above ground on fastdwarf and bled out from the heat.  When trying to dig towards the nearby brook for some water, the water is registering as hot.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:23:21 am by Treason »

Teamwork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: May 14, 2013, 09:17:40 pm »

Not really related specifically to the mod but I found this wiki article about this anti-radiation drug to be interesting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-Rad
Urist McUseless: Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody defies mandates on MY watch!
Urist McInnocent: Bite me!

*CENSORED DUE TO EXTREMELY GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE*

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 14, 2013, 09:44:34 pm »

4th year report. Scribe: Moral Growlponder, Mechanic, Doctor and Expedition Leader.

Location: Joyous Wilds, Tropical Woodland and Fresh Water Lake, southern portion of the Stable Continent.

Military Might: 2 skirmishers in combat armor, learning the Ancient Arts of Zebra unarmed warfare.

Local Threats to date: Raiders and Marauders in groups of three or four.  *An abandoned robotics factory must be near as there have been sightings of military grade robots wandering about.  Local wildlife is almost non-existent save for a single Balefire Phoenix that was captured our first year here.
Largest Threat to date: Hot, Hot, HOT!  We arrived during the early spring of the year and it was hot enough that standing outside in the thick of the day was a recipe for disaster.  I did not realize just how accursed-hot this place could get until last year when a band of slave traders stumbled upon us and we saw the cooked bodies of their poor victims within their cages.  Now, a year later, we watched as several wastelanders stumbled down the ramp into our trade depot and expired from blood loss.  We sent a couple scouts outside to see what danger had found us, of if they had just had the unfortunate luck of stumbling into a cloud of the irradiated dust and spray off the lake, and we were horrified to see the whole caravan bleeding out, their **fat melting and the water within their bodies almost boiling through their skin.  All of them have died in the span of a few hours.

*Something I have noticed about Good Biomes in the Mod: Lots of robots.  I've routinely seen Robobrains and Mr. Macintoshes run around.
**This used to be one of my favorite things to do in previous version of DF; gen a world with extreme temperatures.  Cold that could kill while on a Glacier and Heat that could boil you alive if you stood outside.  I did not think I had fiddled with the temperature levels to wholly unlivable conditions with this world, but I dropped an obsidian pillar above ground and it registered as being "warm."  I've also lost several baby brahmin and bighorns when I left them in an above ground pasture.  Their bodies could not take the heat.  Also, all meeting areas produced with "I" register as "Hot."

Update: Yeah..soon after reporting this, all my ponies went outside to collect the caravan leavings and bled to death themselves...
Next update-to-come: Embarking in the same portion of the world and trying it over again!

Talk about the pounds melting off.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 15, 2013, 04:02:07 am »

Talk about the pounds melting off.

Badum Tish

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: May 17, 2013, 08:41:29 pm »

Is there an updated ETA on the next update? How's it coming?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 17, 2013, 09:27:26 pm »

I will get started on the new update tomorrow. Sorry for the delays. :(

> All I ever said about reactions being limited by skill was telling Meph that I wouldn't know how.
Whoops, I misread.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: May 18, 2013, 03:39:38 am »

Dryath made a script to destroy ammo of stack size 1. This won't do anything to globs from interactions, but will prevent recycling bullets.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4255135#msg4255135
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: May 18, 2013, 10:20:53 pm »

Is cave floater syndrome supposed to be survivable? Because I just had an Earth Pony survive exposure. It's been over a month now.

Granted, she is "absolutely inexhaustible, unbelievably strong and incredibly tough", and she did walk away with every single bone in her body broken and her teeth blistered. But still. Survivable.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 210