Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 499012 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2460 on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:04 am »

> How does spell spreadsheets?
I use this, but there are obvious shortcomings, such as treating foals as ponies who have already learnt their spells. I haven't had any further problems with unicorns learning spells (other than having to pause the game often to check on it) and the learning efficiency without repeat is close to 100%. What I have trouble with is making advanced spell hologems, with reactions being red and EPs hauling bins all over my arcane research centre. But then I don't have any magic adepts or masters anyway.

> > It is quite possible that walking through shallow water will erase the poison from the darts.
> The tallow used by the reaction makes the coating waterproof.
This is great. The only downside I see now is not using #clean on items, ever. But then dart guns are probably going to be just an upgrade to air rifles and medium calibre ammo rifles will retain their position as the main ranged weapon. One thing I'd like to ask is that we get poison darts with radscorpion poison. Another one could be what the crazed Nurse Redheart is using (but only when we can make our own Med-X). All in all, I wouldn't want more than 3-5 poisons, because inevitably there is going to be one "best" and one "most efficient" and one "cheap, but better than air rifles" and those will be the ones we will be using.

> > Maces
> Maces don't play a large role in the mod, and the different attack modes in Masterwork are more for flavor than effect.
True, but someone asked if there was going to be a T2 variant of security baton. A stun baton (with an actual stun) might be a bit overpowered, compared to other weapons, but well, I haven't seen security batons do much lethal damage, so it might work out. 

> > Mother Butterfly removes some rotten tissue from Puppysmileses face, but she isn't using her heal spell despite having it learnt.
> You need to designate the patient for healing with a Stable-Tec Terminal.
Shouldn't they just target any wounded friendly creature? Unicorn healing spells don't put ponies to sleep for a week. This whole "designate patient" is somewhat clunky. What if I do just that, but Mother Butterfly gets designated and downed for a week by Nurse Redheart?
Hm, can wounded ponies in hospital beds use interactions that target themselves? If so, there may be a way to automate Nurse Redhearts without them healing the wrong ponies.
1) NR spams an interaction A on everypony close that gives them 2 CDIs for 300 TUs.
2) The pony casts a "heal me" B on herself if she is wounded.
3) Nurse Redheart heals anypony with "heal me" nearby.
Hm, this is probably not the best way to do it.

> Stupid question, how can I get large serrated disc.
* Build a salvage yard to process low quality salvage into scrap ore.
* {b}->{e}->Wood Burner (needs magma-safe building material): wood -> charcoal. It is best to set it up to take only from a stockpile with normal wood (with terminals, wagons and so on disabled), so you won't turn salvage into charcoal by accident.
* {b}->{e}->Smelter (needs fire-safe building material): make bronze from ore x3
* {b}->{w}->Fogre (needs an anvil and fire-safe building material): make bronze serrated disc x5 and sell some to the caravan.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:59:26 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 25, 2013, 05:25:50 am »

Stupid question, how can I get large serrated disc.
Now my industry go nowhere without papers, something !!FUN!! gonna happen soon. :D

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 25, 2013, 05:50:13 am »

Stupid question, how can I get large serrated disc.
Now my industry go nowhere without papers, something !!FUN!! gonna happen soon. :D

the same way you get them in vanilla.

Glas Disk in the glas furnance -> but this wont do. You need a metal disk for the mill
Metal Disk in the Metalsmith's/Magma forge

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 25, 2013, 03:31:02 pm »

Woo. Sorry for not posting or working on the poison darts, been real busy, and most my free time has gone into my succession fort.

Once my turn is up on my fort I will continue working on it.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 26, 2013, 11:30:04 am »

Another stupid question, hope you guys don't mind  :P

My stable is 3 years old now, with 2000k wealth, 40k export and 114 ponys.
But there is no siege from anybody, not even ambush  :-[.  My ivader is turn on. The raider talon and ranger did show up in my Civ menu. They did send thief and snacher 2-3 times but just that.

Is there anything wrong  ???

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 26, 2013, 12:34:21 pm »

But there is no siege from anybody, not even ambush  :-[.  My ivader is turn on. The raider talon and ranger did show up in my Civ menu. They did send thief and snacher 2-3 times but just that.

Have the same thing with Apple, just keep a well-trained military and some traps set up just in case the Steel Rangers plan on screwing up your plans

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 26, 2013, 12:38:24 pm »

40k Export is reasonably low, but you are mainly just lucky.

I always am fearful of a attack, as that means casualties and sadness for the relatives of the dead ponies.

Just keep ready, don't forget to stockpile ammo.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 26, 2013, 01:53:00 pm »

>My stable is 3 years old now, with 2000k wealth, 40k export and 114 ponies.
But there is no siege from anybody, not even ambush  :-[.  My invader is turn on. The raider talon and ranger did show up in my Civ menu. They did send thief and snatcher 2-3 times but just that.

The algorithm which controls invaders is not yet fully understood, but increasing your wealth and export will make enemies appear more frequently. The distance between your embark and the hostile civilization plays a big role in the number and size of ambushes and sieges. If you have embarked into some 'no mans land' - your fort is far from the hostile civs, then it takes more time for the enemy units to come to your stable. I had forts where it took six years for the first ambush to show up (some in this mod). Anyway, if there are civilizations on your civ screen and they have sent thieves/snatchers then they will come sooner or later in force, so you just have to be patient and avoid fps death. :D

Edit:
Lycaeon:
I was reading the dfhack plugin suggestion thread, and if I have understood correctly there is a way now for workshops to generate power, and connect them to gears. It would be awesome if the power generator workshop was capable of that too.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:37:19 am by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 26, 2013, 03:01:40 pm »

>My stable is 3 years old now, with 2000k wealth, 40k export and 114 ponies.
But there is no siege from anybody, not even ambush  :-[.  My invader is turn on. The raider talon and ranger did show up in my Civ menu. They did send thief and snatcher 2-3 times but just that.

The algorithm which controls invaders is not yet fully understood, but increasing your wealth and export will make enemies appear more frequently. The distance between your embark and the hostile civilization plays a big role in the number and size of ambushes and sieges. If you have embarked into some 'no mans land' - your fort is far from the hostile civs, then it takes more time for the enemy units to come to your stable. I had forts where it took six years for the first ambush to show up (some in this mod). Anyway, if there are civilizations on your civ screen and they have sent thieves/snatchers then they will come sooner or later in force, so you just have to be patient and avoid fps death. :D

Edit:
Lycaeon:
I was reading the dfhack plugin suggestion thread, and if I have understood correctly there is a way now for workshops to generate power, and connect them to gears. It would be awesome if the power generator workshop was capable of that too.
Lyc has made it so some enemies won't attack until you until you have enough export, to simulate them hearing of your treasure trove of total technology, to tell you the truth.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 27, 2013, 06:43:42 pm »

Callgrow continues.

Pierce has quickly made it to 12 Pump Operating, more than any other pony save for Mother Butterfly.

Oatmeal ended her strange mood, made a fir bin worth 90k and is now a Legendary +3 carpenter.

The slave caravan is fairly disappointing, but they do have a few bins of cave spider silk. I'm not really interested in the rest of their cloth at this point, but tough leather and tough carapace is always nice to have. They have a curiosity: a large radscorion chitin figurine of slave traders. They also have some rifle bullets, which we buy. Sadly, they bring no pets of any kind.

What the hay? As Mother Butterfly was operating on her patient, Puppysmiles, a Nurse Redheart came along and decided to "stabilize and heal" her, despite there not being a terminal nearby and the medical pony being fine. Now Mother Butterfly is unconscious and so is the Nurse Redheart. Wait, what? "Mother Butterfly" is a he. I should have called him Butterscotch or something instead.

Maybe I should make Caps the Overstallion? Looks like Puppysmiles is going to be rotting in the hospital for a while (that was a pun). That didn't help. I can't replace the "Corporate something" position and the liaisons insist on speaking with Puppysmiles herself, not Caps.

I think the Nurse Redheart incapacitates Mother Butterfly again for no apparent reason. Not sure, though. MB is still in the same place and unconscious and NR wandered off.

Friendly Fire and Slug somehow made it to 12 dodge each. Deadeye is third with 11 dodge. What is it with rifleponies and dodging?

Soldiers are beginning to use spells in combat. Bind seems to work as intended: slows down enemies, so they can be more easily killed. The "Rage" still buffs single enemies (enraging them gives them +4 to dodge and weapon skill) and has such poor range that it has almost no chance of turning enemies against each other, but at least it no longer targets the merchants. I think that rage should have longer range and be a chain of interactions, so that the enemy "checks" if there is some friendly unit around. Now it is just too ?!fun?! to be practical.

How the hay did I get a thousand logs, not even counting 300+ salvage? I'm also running out of stone. It may be a good time to switch to plywood furniture and build more plywood workshops. A single sawmill can provide for several of them. I also have 340 scrap ore.

Looking at ranged weapons, for melee attacks Air rifles use mace, pistols and revolver misc weapon, hunting rifle mace, combat rifle spear (with an actual piercing attack), ripper rifles spear (with a 30:1300 attack, which I think is edged), chainsaw rifle axe, AMR mace and the rare variants same as their base equivalents. Switching Air guns to pistols to combat rifles to upgraded combat rifles will mean ranged ponies pick a few melee skills along the way and later get rusty. Oh well. 

Oh gee, another Feral Minotaur Reaver. I wonder who will get crippled this time around. Civilians inside, activate all squads, close the gates (including the one with traders) and see what will happen. The Reaver scares away a few cats and Bookworm gets caught outside. In retrospect having expedition squads inactive but armoured just slows them down quite a bit. I'll open that gate for a moment. And another one for Cherelee. I should have built the bridges in a way that makes it visible if they're open or close (2 tiles wide). I somehow managed to mess up the bridges and levers, because the trader entrance should be closed and it isn't. The "t" view reveals that some gates aren't even linked to anything. Minotaur is busy chasing a kitten, but too fast to track with marksponies. The Minotaur went to massacre the caravan after killing a kitten. It is time to kill it already. The caravan guards are wounding it, but also getting mauled. There is nopony to pull any levers, so the security can't end this :< Hey, what do you know, the traders actually won! The expedition squads are set to train 3 ponies each month. Hopefully this will slowly make them better, while leaving most of them as a (slow) workforce.

The traders said they were leaving, but they seem blocked in the depot. Strange, the entrances are open. Could the Minotaur scare them so much? Oh well, what's the worst that could happen? It took a while, but they're leaving. Maybe the path to the depot should be wider than 3 tiles?

I de-activate the ranged squads so that the Unicorns can learn some magic.

A HE mine is successfully deployed. Then two more. I have a 2 wide pasture around the armoury with ten or so chickens and it works. The mines are moved to the gates. I haven't seen an explosion yet.

Pencils slams into something... for whatever reason. Hm, is it possible that floor hatches cause some kind of concussion? Because the same happened to cat in the same spot. And another one. Ah screw that, I'm dismantling the floor hatches.

I'm running out of mechanisms and am low on stone. I guess, I'll just make them from bronze from now on. Or enable Flux. I can always get more from bones and the steel-making is slow.

Puppysmiles finally dies, diplomat leaves unhappy and the cage mandate ends. Caps gets the nicer rooms. Nopony is burrowed in the hospital, so they can do whatever. Diplomat from the slave traders finally moves from the edge of the map to look for Caps.

A Bloodwing attacked Fortified Tower, who enraged it with illusions, but left her alone and flew away. She goes to the hospital on her own, with just a cut on her flank. Of course there is nopony there to diagnose her.

11 immigrants, including 1 Foal. Skill-wise nothing interesting. As for CMs, there is a restoration apprentice and a scavenger / woodcutter. Oh well, they will at least help hauling stuff, but there are way too many of them and important work still isn't getting done. Attribute-wise some would make good soldiers. This brings me to 119 ponies, the most I ever had.

A sprite-bot is rigged with explosives on the first try.

Mother Butterfly made it to 40k XP in Pump Operating and got 1337/1864 Endurance. This means so far he gained 473 in that attribute, mostly from Pump Operating. I should probably tell him to stop pumping, but maybe he'll max out before I draft him. I may as well, because the damned hospital isn't working anyway. Compass got to lvl 13 Pump Operator and 609/1284 in Endurance, so he gained 325 and is on his alow way to max out. Gains for all other attributes are slower.

In retrospect it may be best to not have stockpiles for lenses, hologems and scrolls. That way those things won't get lost in bins and the right spell hologems will land on top of the terminals for learning them and no EPs will come to haul items. Well, just the depleted batteries maybe, so no stockpiles for those too. 

Here are the soldiers. Eight of them are veterans, a few more are combat-ready, but the bulk of them are recruits. This may result in another lengthy military reform, because 30-40 ponies are useless enough to be drafted, but workforce is needed more. Then there is of course the issue of arming them all.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 28, 2013, 01:39:02 am »

Thank you for all your answer.I almost giveup and go for HFS.
1st ambush from raider just arrived and some ranger scout too. I had more !!FUN!! than I expect :P

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 28, 2013, 05:28:27 pm »

I somewhat cleaned up my gems, spells and reverse-engineering guide, as promised and almost hit the 40 kilobytes limit again. Hopefully this will make it clearer and I'm done with it for now. We still need a robot guide. So far I can only recommend Protectorponies MK2 as an affordable option. Robobrains and Cyber-dogs need healing potion carnisters and I'd rather use those for Power Armours. Other robots generally require a minigun and 2 ammo crates, which makes them prohibitively expensive, especially considering that I want battle-saddles too. Schematics for robots are also hard to find, so overall, upgrading robots is preferable to making them from scratch. This leaves us with Protectaponies, base turrets, Mr Macintoshes, mines and rigged sprite-bots in the way of robots. Macintoshes have a very crappy flamethrower that still sets the grass on fire and explosions are risky, so overall Protectaponies MK 2 are have the most bang for the cap.

A reasonable way to balance (slow down) healing potion and Med-X production would be to have some plants, then press oil from them, then use 5 of that oil (and a paste made of T1 gems for healing potions) per carnister, I think. Maybe I'm wrong. It shouldn't be too complicated, because we'll want autoinjectors for the soldiers and enough potions for cyborgs and power armours. As someone already said, it is very hard to get Power Armours, so for the bulk of armed forces Combat Armour set + Gas Mask + Hazmat suit + Pipbuck + 2 Autoinjectors will remain an attractive option.

How about we get this as a stand-in until the starmetal is implemented: Starmetal Power Armour that combines the benefits of Scorpion and normal PA, can be worn by all castes and provides better protection... nah, too OP considering how hard it is to get Power Armour. And we may be able to get hundreds of starmetal boulders, which would make PAs obsolete.

Would rubber bullets / slugs be fun for training? Kill enemies slower, but cost gunpowder and brass to make all the same. Rubber / Bakelite would be made from biofuel, of course. Nah, probably a bad idea, same as glass or obsidian bullets. I guess it's best to just stick with metal.

I'm looking over dfhack readme and I found some things I didn't know:
#nopause -- Good for mining under rivers and over magma.
#copystock -- Copy the settings from currently selected stockpile to custom stockpile setting. A great time-saver for setting up multiple copies of a stockpile.
#cursecheck -- A big disappointment. It might list ponies with raider rabies, but doesn't list spells.
#restrictliquid -- tiles with visible water become restricted traffic.
#restrictice -- same, but with ice. Those commands can be helpful to prevent things like ponies walking on frozen ponds or too close to waterfalls.
#getplants -- with some additional testing, it could be used to cut down just the high and medium quality salvage and not low or normal trees, saving a lot of effort.
#clean map units -- without "items" this shouldn't touch darts coated with poison.
#cleanowned scattered -- why would this mark the items for dumping, instead of letting them be carried to the stockpile?
#zone set #zone assign -- a more convenient shortcut for pasturing selected units. Pretty good, actually.
#setfps -- good to watch battles in slow motion
#removebadthoughts --dry-run -- Doesn't remove any bad thoughts, but lists what's bothering the ponies.
#lever list -- usefull to check which lever is connected to what, but the coordinate system it uses is inconvenient.
#stripcaged weapons -- dumps the weapons from caged prisoners, but leaves their armour on. Useful for live combat training.

GUI:
The search plugin works in the stockpile settings, so it is reasonably easy to set up a stockpile that accepts tallow, but not fat.
"q" over a lever, then <Ctrl + m> to navigate what is linked to it. Better than #lever list
"q" over a building, then #gui/rename -- allows to set names for workshops, such as "Sand maker" for the selected Rock Grinder.

Cheats:
#changevein -- lol, cheaty, but good for testing, I suppose.
#changeitem -- another cheat, can change quality and material. The only thing I'd use it for now are Little Macintoshes and Spitfire's Thunders.
#createitem -- good for testing too. For example to test Time Stop without gathering materials for years (but modifying / adding a reaction to make it out of a boulder is almost as easy).
#tweak makeown -- lol, I used it to "tame" a molerat in the caverns, but for really ?fun? results, it can be used on a Minotaur Reaver, who is still opposed to life. With a custom workshop and some lua scripting this could probably be used to remotely mind control a unit with an Illusion Adept.
#create-tiems -- like createitem, but produces many at once.
#locate-ore -- could be useful for a "geological" survey, "dowsing / remote viewing" or similar workshop reaction. (#multicmd locate-ore iron ; digv)

Other stuff:
Shift-Enter in the Move Goods to Depot and Trade screens selects the current item (fully, in case of a stack), and scrolls down one line.
Barracks can be made to actually store squad equipment, but this requires lots of furniture and lots of patches and tweaks to the game. But that's something for Replica, I just put up one weapon rack, assign all squads to train there and let them figure out the rest by themselves.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 28, 2013, 05:48:37 pm »

Moronic question; I downloaded the placeholder soundtrack, but I can't hear anything from the game. Neither in the menu or ingame. I checked the sound options, sound is on and full volume. Wat do?

EDIT: I'm starting to think it's the length/size of the file. I took a copy of the old placeholder, "Wasteland Soul", and it works fine. It's about 33,000 k less than the newest one.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:08:45 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2473 on: April 28, 2013, 05:53:58 pm »

#cursecheck -- A big disappointment. It might list ponies with raider rabies, but doesn't list spells
There was a custom script posted a few days ago in the dfhack thread that does read out ALL the syndromes, including the spells that are modded in.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: April 28, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »

> Sound issue.
There was something about it a while ago and the conclusion was also that the file was too big.

> There was a custom script posted a few days ago in the dfhack thread that does read out ALL the syndromes, including the spells that are modded in.
Thanks. I think you mean this. I haven't tested it yet, but looks worthwhile. 
EDIT: Meh, I just got a bunch of errors :(

EDIT2: The masterwork mod implemented bards and by the description, they are very worthwhile. That is definitely something worth looking at when reworking parties and theatre.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:29:32 am by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 210