Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 501749 times)

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98b beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1710 on: February 26, 2013, 12:09:02 am »

>Spritebots
After years of trying to build an outside camp for my slaves i had to give up. These little pests are worse than anything in the mod i have encountered yet. And I have seen things, man! If they doesn't outright headshot my boulder carrying slow as hell ponies they maim them. Half my population has a broken upper spine. In more then one instance they kept the traders out from my depot for whole seasons, so i didn't get to trade. In the novel they were just as annoying to the wastelanders as they are to my stable ponies, but they didn't kill a single soul.(IIRC) So let's keep the annoying part, and scale down the deadly guerrilla fighting a little. I wonder why the Watcher didn't take over the whole wasteland yet...

Lol, stupid idea: let's make a giant sprite-bot megabeast.
Do we have supercharged ghoul/alicorn megabeasts?
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

ulrikk

• Bay Watcher
  • Rock salt mechanism?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:16 am »

> Does anyone else keep having their civilians shot in the head by random wild spritebots?
I've only seen it once, but I usually keep my ponies inside. If it's too problematic I'll consider weakening the lasers, but normally they just bruise a part of the body.

Spritebots are the eagle eyed snipers of the wasteland. They prefer to execute their victims with a precisely aimed neck shot, breaking the spine and leading to instant death. They are very, very, very, very, very lethal.

Err... what do green glass shards do? I can't seem to work out what to do with them. :/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:05:02 am by ulrikk »

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 26, 2013, 10:21:58 am »

>Err... what do green glass shards do? I can't seem to work out what to do with them. :/
Your ponies can make raw green glass from them, sometimes raw clear glass. It's automatic if you have a kiln.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: February 26, 2013, 05:40:08 pm »

> Spritebots
Noted…I’ll edit them so that they only fire their lasers at enemy-tagged creatures.

> Do we have supercharged ghoul/alicorn megabeasts?
Glowing ghouls are technically supercharged ghouls, but the super alicorn would work well as a semimegabeast. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

> Green glass shards
You can also refer to the Workshops and Industries Guide if a particular aspect of the mod doesn’t make sense.

On an unrelated note, here’s an awesome wallpaper for the Ministry of Arcane Science by brisineo.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: February 26, 2013, 05:41:59 pm »

Oh good, I'm not the only one who has a growing hate for the things, heh.  Saving that wallpaper, it's pretty sweet.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 27, 2013, 02:04:54 pm »

Been keeping yourself busy, eh Lyc?
New version looks shiny...

What's with all the sprite bot rage?
Everyone knows that sprite bots are "useless", "easy to kill" and "dumb", everyone except for me have been saying that all along.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 27, 2013, 07:01:03 pm »

Welcome back Replica! :D

I've been busy as ever...not much time to mod, but I still get some work in here and there to string together like for the last release. :)

I take it that what makes pet sprite-bots so useful for frightening wildlife also scares off friendly traders.

Just finished up landmines. Since they're non-pet creatures, they can be deployed without the need for chickens. The HE mine is devastating against normal enemies, while the pulse mine disables robots and Steel Rangers. There's also the potential for spell mines in the future. :) I'm not, however, sure if I want to dive into drug manufacturing just yet. There are more than enough pony upgrade interactions, and I have another concept I'd like to develop first. Perhaps a dual-Ministry update is in order.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:20:07 pm by Lycaeon »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 27, 2013, 07:47:30 pm »

Will zebra alchemy come along with the drug-making update? I was going to recommend using the brewing skill for chemistry, since alchemy's already taken for the magic tasks. Maybe trapping, or animal caretaking, since both are mostly useless.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: February 27, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »

Zebra alchemy is part of the zebra arc, which is some ways down in the development list. Chemistry will indeed use the brewing skill. :)

Though drug-making may not be in the next update, I'll still include the new crop system.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:12:56 pm by Lycaeon »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 27, 2013, 08:47:51 pm »

I just had a large radscorpion sting through a power armor helmet. HOW!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 27, 2013, 11:06:43 pm »

........ I just caged a taint abomination.
1) Is that one of those Sh*t monsters from hightower in FO:E, Project horizons?
2) Please, please tell me it's trainable for war.  :D
That is all.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:21 pm »

Thanks for bringing up the radscorpion issue...their size gave their attacks greater penetration than I intended. I've made a note to fix this.

The taint abominations are from the original novel, not Project Horizons. They're opposed to life, so you can't tame or train them, though they should be fun to pit against disarmed prisoners in your Stable's arena. :)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: February 28, 2013, 09:38:20 am »

What is zebra alchemy about? Who is going to be able to use it and how?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Amorack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: February 28, 2013, 04:13:18 pm »

The taint abominations are from the original novel, not Project Horizons. They're opposed to life, so you can't tame or train them, though they should be fun to pit against disarmed prisoners in your Stable's arena. :)

So they're the things Littlepip ran into in the Old Olneigh hospital? And along those lines, is it going to be completely canon to the original, or were you planning on adding things from side-stories? Awesome mod by the way :D

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: February 28, 2013, 04:15:46 pm »

Do you want to know what trying to trade your caged animals without following proper training protocols does to a fort? It doubles the Fun!  :P

(Seriously though, releasing your collection of 5 feral ghouls, 3 taint abominations, and a cave floater while tons of ponies are hauling things is a bad idea. Bye bye, GleamDeath stable.)
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 210