scones!
- 2 (16.7%)
biscuits!
- 1 (8.3%)
all of the above!
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence. Behold! The wonders of democracy!  (Read 9431 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Hybrid Artificial Intelligence. The natives are coming to getcha!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2012, 12:50:43 pm »

Support Morrigi.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2012, 12:51:59 pm »

Hm. Yeah, support #005.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2012, 03:46:10 pm »

((The repair supplies that the drone are carrying. It had 8 units, it will have 6 when it's done repairing the other drones, they also have repair supplies. There are no specific sorts of repair supplies.))

[THE ONLY SOUNDS THAT WERE DETECTED WERE BREATHING AND WHIMPERS FROM THE BIPED. THE WHIMPERS WERE RECORDED.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the subcores consider the possibility of playing some sort of sound to drive off the lifeforms you consider it fortunate that the audio sensors built into ship are also paired off with loudspeakers, so that they can double as means for communication with anything within hearing range. However the subcores seem divided on the issue of trying something like this currently and the idea is tabled for later discussion and consideration. You are to focus first on repairing the drones, driving off the lifeforms if they come too close, and then attempt communication once more, it should not be to difficult, considering that you have several xenotranslation program routines built in to you by the foresighted Creators. If given enough input, you could probably decode a entirely new language in a day or two, provided the subject providing the input is nearby and not to resistant to mental intrusion, as the translation process involves linking words to concepts in the subjects mind using a exotic piece of psiono-magic hybrid technology.

9 minutes pass until the the lifeforms finally come close enough the ship and gather enough courage to enter the rent in the hull that the drone made earlier to in order to exit the vessel, the airlock remaining firmly shut in order to keep them out. The drone is ordered to cancel the repair task and go and drive off the interlopers. It is unfortunate that you are not savvy enough at purely audio sensory data to accurately determine their distance from the vessel. It is only after you heard them clanking around inside the ship that you realized exactly how close they were and their probable method of entry. As you cogitate that they are within a 100 metres of the ship you realize that this means OSC-#005-VP1-Morrigi's conditional vote expires and the tie is broken.

And you start blaring out music overlaid with white noise at top volume in order to drive away the intruders. You appear to have been successful as you hear two sets of footsteps crunching in snow once more. The drone, when it arrives confirms this. Satisfied you have the drone return to his duties, which he completes without further incident. PRIMARY REPAIR DRONES #4 to#6 awaken to serve you in restoring this vessel to its former glory.

[PRIMARY REPAIR DRONE:

SYSTEMS:
PLASMA CUTTER(1)
RADIO(1)
VISUAL&THERMAL SENSORS(GOOD)
AUDIO SENSORS(BASIC)
DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT(GOOD)
REPAIR DENDRITES(8, 6 RETRACTED)
MANIPULATIVE APPENDAGES(4, RETRACTED)
REPAIR SUPPLIES ( 16 )

CAPABILITIES:
SMALL SIZE
VERY GOOD REPAIR ABILITY
LOW DURABILITY
PATHETIC COMBAT ABILITY
GOOD AIR MOBILITY]

What must be done?

[Y1:M1:D1:H2]

((You guys have 10 minutes to post commands or I'm going to sleep.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:42:34 am by Demonic Spoon »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »

Start fixing all the things! Start with the repair subsystems.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 03:57:17 pm »

I approve of that idea. But we need a priorities list beyond the repair systems. Whats important yet broken asides from that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 04:04:41 pm »

I approve of that idea. But we need a priorities list beyond the repair systems. Whats important yet broken asides from that?
One of the first posts had a list. The Genebank is a good one to repair, for example.

Though I think we should diagnose all systems first, starting with the diagnosis, repair, genebank and the unidentified systems.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:21:10 pm by 10ebbor10 »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »

One of the first posts had a list. The Genebank is a good one to repair, for example.

Though I think we should diagnose all systems first, starting with the diagnosis, repair, genebank and the unidentified systems.
This.
Support.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2012, 04:26:08 pm »

+1 support, diagnostics are always a good idea.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 04:50:18 pm »

PROPOSED ACTION: "Start fixing all the things! Start with the repair subsystems"
SUPPORTS: VP2
OSC-#001-VP1-LordSlowpoke
OSC-#006-VP1-Aklyon
OPPOSES: VP0
N/A
ACTION APPROVED
CARRYING OUT ACTION

PROPOSED ACTION: "diagnose all systems first, starting with the diagnosis, repair, genebank and the unidentified systems."
SUPPORTS: VP3
OSC-#010-VP1-10ebbor10
OSC-#009-VP1-TopHat
OSC-#005-VP1-Morrigi
OPPOSES: VP0
N/A
ACTION APPROVED
CARRYING OUT ACTION

I immediately task all four drones to diagnose all available systems and thereafter repair the self-repair system. They disperse towards various points in the ship. The drones must cut through more wreckage of the ship, but eventually they reach the self-repair unit, diagnosis system, main engines, genebank, main database, manoeuvring thrusters, biogrowth facilities, combat drone storage, weapons control, em sensors, navigational subcomputer, manufactory and a few unidentifiable systems. Reaching and diagnosing these various systems takes another 2.4 hours. While the self-repair system itself is completely trashed it's repair supplies, the largest amount on the ship, are fortunately still largely intact. The diagnosing system is only moderately damaged. The genebank, still mercifully largely intact, some connecting wires and minor components are all that are damaged. The main engines are severely damaged and will have to be largely rebuilt, with only some parts being salvageable. The main database appears to be completely fine, the drones cannot discover why it remains offline. The manoeuvring thrusters appear to have received only minor damage. While some vital components of the biogrowth facilities were damaged they appear to be largely undamaged. Combat drone storage is completely inaccessible without severely impacting ship integrity as such diagnosis is not feasible. Weapons control appears to have been completely crushed by compacted hull. Em sensors will need completely replacement. The navigational subcomputer itself was destroyed but the logs may be recoverable, will have to be completely rebuilt. The manufactory is in pretty good shape but will require some repairs and raw materials to be useful. The drones, start repairing the self-repair systems, the process taking 1.4 days.

I feel myself become more alive as another one of my component pieces is reconnected to the greater whole. New data flows in and I ready the self repair mechanisms to recover other parts of myself. With this system repaired I should be able to bring other systems online much faster. It is a interesting blend of magnetic magic to bend metal components into the correct configuration, extremely limited chronomancy(can only go back a few hours, and can only effect a few very small things at time, and has long recharge time) to reset certain delicate components to a prior state and with the bulk of it consisting out of various mundane repair mechanisms.

[-5 repair supplies]

What should be done next, what should be repaired next?

[Y1:M1:D2:H8.4]

((And now I slumber.))
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:28:50 am by Demonic Spoon »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2012, 07:07:39 pm »

[Suggested Order of Repair:

main database,
diagnosis system,
navigational sub-computer,
em sensors,
manufactory,
bio-growth facilities,
weapons control,
combat drone storage,
main engines,
maneuvering thrusters,
gene-bank,
unidentifiable systems.]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:10:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

main database,
diagnosis system,
em sensors,
manufactory,
bio-growth facilities,
weapons control,
combat drone storage,
main engines,
maneuvering thrusters,
gene-bank,
unidentifiable systems.]
this but less priority on navigational sub-computer
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 08:18:26 pm »

Manufacturing capability, sensors, and any defenses if possible.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:49:23 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »

main database,
diagnosis system,
em sensors,
manufactory,
bio-growth facilities,
weapons control,
combat drone storage,
main engines,
maneuvering thrusters,
gene-bank,
unidentifiable systems.]
this but less priority on navigational sub-computer
Support this Directive.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2012, 05:55:42 am »

((So it seems I forgot to mention the diagnosis system, it is moderately damaged. Sorry bout that, oh yeah and repairing the self-repair system took 5 repair supplies.))

The OSCs have worked out a order of priority for the repairs, and I bend my capacities to their will. Sadly, since the diagnostic abilities of the drones cannot determine what is wrong with the main database, they are unable to repair. As such it is tabled for later efforts and the next items on the list, the diagnosis systems is worked on. It takes them 4.2 hours and 3 repair supplies to repair it.

(-3 REPAIR SUPPLIES, 110 SUPPLIES REMAINING)
[Y1:M1:D2:H12.6]

I feel my awareness growing, flowing outwards into more parts of the ship as my diagnostic abilities come online and I come to realize the true extent of the damage. The ship was this close to being completely irreparable, and now matter how many systems we bring online the hull integrity is still abominable and the drones cutting away parts of the ship to reach certain systems isn't helping it any.

SHIP INTEGRITY, 54%

With my improved diagnostic abilities I determine that the main database has somehow been locked into another timestate. How this occurred and how this may be reversed is unknown to me. I ponder this problem for a few timeunits before directing the drones to start repairs on the em sensors, as the problems seems to be unsolvable for now.

8.7 hours and 7 repair supplies lighter I once more have EM sensors. It is like being blind for a relative eternity and once more gaining the power to see. Glorious sight returns to me and I try to determine if there are any EM emissions near to the ship's landing site. I detect some faint emissions a reasonable distance to the west, with stronger but still faint emissions farther away to the north. Strong emissions are detected from very far to the southeast. If there are any satellites in orbit they are not broadcasting any EM emissions that I can detect in this point in time. Possibly there are some that are on the other side of the planet in this point in time. Given half a month you should be able to decipher those that appear to be communications.

(-7 REPAIR SUPPLIES, 103 SUPPLIES REMAINING)
[Y1:M1:D3:H1.3]

Your drones are two hours into repairing the manufactory when you spot a large group of lifeforms approaching from the north. The group consists entirely of bipeds, similar to the one seen before, with what skin being visible also of various shades of blue. Hair colour varies widely from purple to brown. You estimate their numbers to be 53. They are festooned with what appears to be various magnets and compasses over clothing made from plant fabric. Barbarians. Some of them wield what appears to be some form of primitive railguns? At their head a elaborate palanquin is carried by four masked and hooded figures. No quadrupeds are in evidence. I decide to halt the current repair activities to deal with the possible threat heading my way.

MANUFACTORY 90.9% PERCENT REPAIRED
[Y1:M1:D3:H3.3]

How will I deal with these interlopers?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2012, 06:00:44 am »

Broadcast again, if they drop the thing send a drone to get it after they flee.
If they flee.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7