Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Peacfull games (Preferably roguelike)  (Read 5709 times)

Urist McMagicJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Peacfull games (Preferably roguelike)
« on: November 09, 2012, 12:14:38 pm »

So I just died on Cataclysm again, and as much as I enjoy throwing heroin at zombies, I'd like a change of scenery, something more peaceful.
I was thinking along the lines of unreal world or The Guild 2, obviously I could play Dwarf Fortress and make a cosy little hamlet, capable of self-sustenance....But frankly that's an affront to Dwarven kind. So Bay12, suggestions?

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peacfull games (Preferably roguelike)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:42:16 pm »

Not really a roguelike, but try cartlife out. I'm on my phone right now and cannot give you a link, but google is your best friend. Exploit your best friend. Now.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:13 pm »

Minecraft or some other buildy game.  Minecraft is my Im tired of killing game, and outside of the first night I find it completely possible to not kill.  Of course, that may be because I have a policy of travelling in a random direction for a full day when starting anew...  That means I usually have no, leather or (rarely) iron armour and a stone weapon for the first nights survival.

Ive noticed a large jump in difficulty in doing this in the most recent editions.

the sims? or a tycoon game?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 01:59:04 pm »

peaceful roguelike... that's a tough one

most adventure games have no (or very little) fighting though, maybe give those a try

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:43:28 pm »

Liberal Crime Squad. Run a newspaper, rescue prostitutes off the street and use their seduction skills to seduce prominent conservative lawyer and judges. Play music at conservatives until the lose enough wisdom and gain enough heart to turn liberal (this does happen in combat, so approach no one who is armed) Watch sexuality, music and free speech gradually undermine the arch-conservatives' super majority.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 03:44:28 pm »

Along the lines of making a self-sustained hamlet there's Wurm Online, although it's been years since I've played it, so I'm not sure where it's at now. Like it's definitely still crafting and village building oriented, but I'm not sure how restrictive it is in terms of freemium.

For less "personal" peaceful games I'd recommend Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe and Theme Hospital.

jimbobobby

• Bay Watcher
  • Ally of turtles.
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful games (Preferably roguelike)
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 10:14:31 pm »

UnReal World, you don't need to throw a knife at a fox then bash its head into a pulp with a rock to eat. If you are lucky enough to find a bear or a wolf pack you can lead them back to a village and run and hide for a few days while either slaughter or die, after a couple days there will be ripe children corpses ready for butchering. Of course if you really are serious about peace you could set up camp and start fishing and setting up traps, after a few hours you might decide to setup a more permanent base and build a house type building. The wiki even has challenges if you ever get bored of peace.
It's a good idea to slaughter the children and butcher their corpses in front of their crippled parents.
When I was younger, I was a baby.
The power of an Eskimo isn't really something you should just forget about, they can cut a hole in your ice and catch a fish in minutes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 10:20:15 pm »

UnReal World, you don't need to throw a knife at a fox then bash its head into a pulp with a rock to eat. If you are lucky enough to find a bear or a wolf pack you can lead them back to a village and run and hide for a few days while either slaughter or die, after a couple days there will be ripe children corpses ready for butchering. Of course if you really are serious about peace you could set up camp and start fishing and setting up traps, after a few hours you might decide to setup a more permanent base and build a house type building. The wiki even has challenges if you ever get bored of peace.
It's a good idea to slaughter the children and butcher their corpses in front of their crippled parents.

Because this is totally benign and peaceful, not psychopathic serial slaughter at all.  :P

but I may have to check the game out...
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 10:21:58 pm »

Euro Truck Sim 2 is fairly peaceful. Just drive around in the rain.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 10:47:21 pm »

"Elona" maybe?

well or the "Anno" games... but they are not realy rougelike atall.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 11:02:00 pm »

if you're willing to brave goons, trolls, lag, and crashes, Haven and hearth could be just for you. There IS fighting, but it's completely optional. just build a cabin in the forest, harvest your crops, hunt some rabbits (or not, depending on how peaceful). just be aware that permadeath will leave you angered and discontent after the character you've invested so much time in was murderstabbed to death by evil people.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 01:22:34 am »

Farming Simulator 2013
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 03:31:41 am »

Honestly I don't think that there is anything wrong with playing a peaceful farmin'  fort. And you can do all sorts of fun engineering projects without getting all violent.

This is definitely something I'm interested in. Um...  Sim city isn't a rogue like, but you can play that pretty peacefully too.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 09:42:49 am »

Sim city isn't a rogue like, but you can play that pretty peacefully too.

Tell Godzilla I said hi.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 09:48:17 am »

Earthquake is kooler; at least in Sim City2000 it was...
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2